Hearts Women - Hearts 3 Partick Thistle 2

3fingersreid

6 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Been saying the same for the last 18 months, desperate for a couple of old experienced strikers, if you don’t shoot or attack you won’t score

if they go down most of these young players will move on

also I question the wisdom of bringing in players from Celtic on loan, why are we developing there players.

They signed a player on loan from Celtic last season, she was released and then joined Hearts. Who’s to say it’s not going to be the same situation?

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• 3fingersreid

• sadj

• Kalamazoo Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Voice of reason
7 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

You’re making the assumption they haven’t tried to sign more experienced players though. I’m sure it isn’t deliberate that they don’t seem to have an out and our centre forward. On the plus side they’re doing ok in the table and should stay up even with a young squad which should make signing more experienced players easier 

Not sure doing ‘okay’ is quite what I’d call it - one point above the relegation play-off place with the team immediately below having 2 games in hand is hardly comfortable. It’s going to be tight. Hearts finished bottom last season and only avoided relegation due to it being scrapped. They are only just above 2 teams who finished 2nd and 3rd in SWPL 2 last season. Fingers crossed we stay up and improve next season though.

7 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Interesting comments from head coach

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/60203374

She clearly thinks her players are better than their results and it's all about self-belief and confidence. On the other hand, she's still not settled on a starting 11 (not sure if the same 11 have started more than 2 consecutive games all season although granted injury and covid will have had something to do with that) and some players are still not certain of the position she wants to play them in. Yesterday's starting formation seemed very experimental in places with McEneny at fullback and Cowan more central. McKay playing further forward wasn't such a surprise after her goal on Wednesday night & I understand that she originally played further up the pitch but Andy Kirk moved her to full back when he brought her in.

Comment from Julie Fleeting on the highlights show tonight was that Hearts obviously don't have the strength in depth to bring players on when legs start to tire, and both City goals came from tired legs and fatigued mistakes. However, Hearts only made two changes, both up front, while the defenders who had been trying to keep up with City's pace all game were forced to play the full 90 even though there were still two or three players who can play in defensive positions on the bench, two of which have been on the scoresheet already this season and one who was practically the only player to have a shot on goal in the home fixture against City. 

So while I think Eva Olid has a point that the players lack self-belief, she could do something about that by trusting a couple of the "fringe" players a bit more.

47 minutes ago, scarletheart said:

She clearly thinks her players are better than their results and it's all about self-belief and confidence. On the other hand, she's still not settled on a starting 11 (not sure if the same 11 have started more than 2 consecutive games all season although granted injury and covid will have had something to do with that) and some players are still not certain of the position she wants to play them in. Yesterday's starting formation seemed very experimental in places with McEneny at fullback and Cowan more central. McKay playing further forward wasn't such a surprise after her goal on Wednesday night & I understand that she originally played further up the pitch but Andy Kirk moved her to full back when he brought her in.

Comment from Julie Fleeting on the highlights show tonight was that Hearts obviously don't have the strength in depth to bring players on when legs start to tire, and both City goals came from tired legs and fatigued mistakes. However, Hearts only made two changes, both up front, while the defenders who had been trying to keep up with City's pace all game were forced to play the full 90 even though there were still two or three players who can play in defensive positions on the bench, two of which have been on the scoresheet already this season and one who was practically the only player to have a shot on goal in the home fixture against City. 

So while I think Eva Olid has a point that the players lack self-belief, she could do something about that by trusting a couple of the "fringe" players a bit more.

Mceneny is on loan from celtic , they want her played at left back as that’s where they see her best position as being . 
The biggest problem is scoring goals from open play , now obviously some players have been at the club longer than others but when the right back/wing back depending on formation and who isn’t a regular starter nowadays !!! has scored the most league goals there’s something clearly needing sorted.

When the club came up the then coach Andy Enwood and his coaches  had a balance of youth and experience , they were well drilled , fit and had team spirit in abundance . 

Then came the disaster that was Kevin murphy , ripped the team apart signed players who were returning from injury but weren’t better that what he’d released , then he jumped ship asap. Some players he signed left and we were left with a small inexperienced side which Andy Kirk Arron Hughes and the other coaches did the best they could . *

Eva has come in , new to the country and probably a bit overwhelmed add to that the three glasgow teams throwing money at the game they’d be better letting the three of them play each other and let the rest battle it out on a more level playing field. 

Personally I think we’re heading for the play offs , I don’t think we’ll finish bottom but it’ll be close .

* they did lead Hearts to their only victory over hibs women at senior level , captained may I add by my daughter ( I don’t usually shout about her but in this case to bloody right I will ) 

14 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Been saying the same for the last 18 months, desperate for a couple of old experienced strikers, if you don’t shoot or attack you won’t score

if they go down most of these young players will move on

also I question the wisdom of bringing in players from Celtic on loan, why are we developing there players.

Maybe these older experienced players can’t commit to the more full time training we are doing. We lost at least one experienced player this season due to that. 

6 Hearts ladies called up for the Scotland under 19 team to face Wales.

Huge congratulations to Shona Cowan, Aimee Anderson, Eilidh Davies, Amelie Birse, Tegan Browning & Maria McAneny

Fantastic news and great for the club, well done to all.

On 31/01/2022 at 16:26, Voice of reason said:

I’ve been involved in the women’s game for many years and the recruitment is very different to the men’s game. Everyone I know in the women’s game  is surprised that every signing at Hearts women is 17 or 18 years old. Their recruitment plan seems to be to try and sign the whole Scotland U19 squad. That’s fine for the future, assuming they don’t go to University in another city at the end of 6th year, but not great in a relegation battle. They need to sign 2 or 3 old heads to definitely stay up and also so the kids can learn from them. Need some street-wise players who are leaders in my opinion if they are definitely going to avoid the drop.

Malinga the Swinga
42 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

A glimpse of light on a crappy day. Well done to the women. Great result and highlights will be recorded.

Niemi’s gloves
9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

is that BBC Scotland’s favourite football pundit standing around looking generally useless at the edge of the box?

3 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

is that BBC Scotland’s favourite football pundit standing around looking generally useless at the edge of the box?

Yip looks like her nose runs faster than her

Voice of reason
17 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Scottish Womens Premier League will become part of SPFL from next season. 

https://spfl.co.uk/news/press-release-48245

They should have run a mile from one of the worst run organisations in sport.

It means they’ll be no relegation (again!) so good news for Hearts in the short-term. The teams near the bottom of the league are very good are ensuring they’re is rarely relegation in recent seasons. So much self-preservation involved in the voting. Sounds familiar to the men’s game…

Great ,now the women’s game will be run for the benefit of at least 2 of the glasgow teams .

First thing they should be doing is reverting back to summer football,

11 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

It means they’ll be no relegation (again!) so good news for Hearts in the short-term. The teams near the bottom of the league are very good are ensuring they’re is rarely relegation in recent seasons. So much self-preservation involved in the voting. Sounds familiar to the men’s game…

Where does it say no relegation this season?

Voice of reason
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Where does it say no relegation this season?

It doesn’t but I do have insider info on the plans and it will mean no relegation again. Not 100% certain until they officially announce it I suppose but note the line ‘clubs will be invited to become members’ - no mention of league positions etc. Self-interest to the fore. 

11 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Great ,now the women’s game will be run for the benefit of at least 2 of the glasgow teams .

First thing they should be doing is reverting back to summer football,

If it turns out Hearts have voted for it then there must be a good reason. 

All for summer football though 

Just now, Voice of reason said:

It doesn’t but I do have insider info on the plans and it will mean no relegation again. Not 100% certain until they officially announce it I suppose but note the line ‘clubs will be invited to become members’ - no mention of league positions etc. Self-interest to the fore. 

That was in the papers on Sunday. It was proposed to make it a top league of 12 and second tier of 8.

5 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

4 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

That was in the papers on Sunday. It was proposed to make it a top league of 12 and second tier of 8.

Well right enough then that's no relegation as currently 10 team top league.

Maybe play 38 games too. 

1 hour ago, Stendelnator said:

If it turns out Hearts have voted for it then there must be a good reason. 

All for summer football though 

For some reason Hearts voted to change from summer football, no idea as to why . 

Now that the teams are changing to the spfl that will mean that celtic will still get away with playing the same shit tunes before the Women’s games as they do with the mens . I dare say I’ll hear them on Sunday at the game , 

15 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

For some reason Hearts voted to change from summer football, no idea as to why . 

Now that the teams are changing to the spfl that will mean that celtic will still get away with playing the same shit tunes before the Women’s games as they do with the mens . I dare say I’ll hear them on Sunday at the game , 

Increased exposure from SPFL hopefully though. Maybe a pro contract for the right back??

19 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Increased exposure from SPFL hopefully though. Maybe a pro contract for the right back??

Should certainly be more exposure for the league ( that should get a comment or two) .

As to the contract she needs to get back in the team first which is proving hard to do . I think there are only 4 or 5 on contract and earring money at the minute but she’s a determined little bugger so fingers crossed 🤞🏻

2 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Scottish Womens Premier League will become part of SPFL from next season. 

https://spfl.co.uk/news/press-release-48245

They should have run a mile from one of the worst run organisations in sport.

While I find it baffling, this is just more evidence that those closest to being able to understand and judge the SPFL don't think it and the personnel involved are actually doing as bad a job as many of those of us on the outside believe.

8 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

While I find it baffling, this is just more evidence that those closest to being able to understand and judge the SPFL don't think it and the personnel involved are actually doing as bad a job as many of those of us on the outside believe.

The SPFL haven't done a great job with the mens leagues but they still have a lot of experience that should be an asset to growing the women's game.

Pasquale for King

Had to laugh when they interviewed Doncaster after he had done a press event about a sponsorship deal with Tunnochs, welcome to the party 🤦🏽..

If they are switched on. Switch back to summer football. Saying to sky or even BT look let the WSL down south run through the winter, the Scottish women in the summer. That's all round coverage of the women's game in Britain. We play Celtic, Glasgow City, Hibs, and Sevco at Tynecastle as we could get decent crowds for them.

Adult and child ticket a tenner all in.

Family ticket 2 adults and 3 children twenty quid all in.

Howdy Doody Jambo

Stonewall penalty as you will ever see, even in this league wee scoatish fitbaw refereeing is corrupt 

Edited by The Maroon Pound

Much better 2nd half , but it’s clear the refereeing is somewhat biased . 
Usual “celticy” choice of songs and some  inbred home supporters , gotta love Scottish football . 

Malinga the Swinga
On 20/02/2022 at 15:59, The Maroon Pound said:

Stonewall penalty as you will ever see, even in this league wee scoatish fitbaw refereeing is corrupt 

Made a point of watching replay of game while I was at gym. Just looked at injury time to specially see the penalty incident and to make matters worse, the ref gave Celtic the foul.

Absolutely ridiculous decision that wouldn't even have impacted on result.

Biased or hopeless? I know which one I believe.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - Hearts 3 Partick Thistle 2