Hearts Women - Glasgow City 2 Hearts 0

3fingersreid

Stendelnator
46 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Daft question but what exactly is “semi-pro” here?

Is it just part-time salaries?

I think so. Paid a wage to play football but not enough to have it as your sole job 

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• 3fingersreid

• sadj

• Kalamazoo Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women move to semi-professional status
56 minutes ago, McCrae said:

What a waste of money. 

Club's going down the drain. 

Women's teams and Hotels. 

We should just knock that big new stand down and go back to terracing and the shed. 

All this forward thinking it'll never catch on. 

Bazzas right boot

This will trigger a few. 

It's gonna, be a woman who replaced Scott Wilson as well, I can feel it. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Stendelnator said:

I think so. Paid a wage to play football but not enough to have it as your sole job 

Will also Likley mean we will have some professionals as we look to improve. 

Howdy Doody Jambo
2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

This will trigger a few. 

It's gonna, be a woman who replaced Scott Wilson as well, I can feel it. 

Could be anybody or anything these days maybe even some automated computerised voice as long as they or it is fi Gorgie and hates h1b5 that will do me 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
2 hours ago, Cade said:

Stick half of the prize money the men's team will get for winning the Scottish Cup into financing the women's team

:verysmug:

Brilliant! 👏

10 hours ago, luckydug said:

Club's going down the drain. 

Women's teams and Hotels. 

We should just knock that big new stand down and go back to terracing and the shed. 

All this forward thinking it'll never catch on. 

Drama queen alert!

Hearts womens team have fewer fans attending games than semi professional Mens  clubs in Scotland. What is the point in going professional when their is so little interest in the game.

They can keep throwing money at it but it will never catch on.  I would never go and watch woman's football unless a family member or friend were involved.  Its just not very good. 

Nookie Bear
26 minutes ago, savage said:

They can keep throwing money at it but it will never catch on.  I would never go and watch woman's football unless a family member or friend were involved.  Its just not very good. 

I think this thread shows that there are a number of Hearts fans who will be happy to pay a few quid to watch the womens team?

It will need some gate money to justify the investment imo

Edited by Nookie Bear

46 minutes ago, savage said:

Wembley is sold out for a women's game soon. Not suggesting Tynecastle will be sold out soon or ever for our women but it's here to stay so better just suck it up 

Nookie Bear
13 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Wembley is sold out for a women's game soon. Not suggesting Tynecastle will be sold out soon or ever for our women but it's here to stay so better just suck it up 

Internationals seem to get decent crowds whereas league games have really poor attendances. A bit like rugby in fact. 

Think people prefer the match day experience of a big match. 

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Internationals seem to get decent crowds whereas league games have really poor attendances. A bit like rugby in fact. 

20000 at old Trafford yesterday for a league game 

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, XB52 said:

20000 at old Trafford yesterday for a league game 

True but prices are very low and these clubs are funded by the mens teams effectively. 

All well and good if Anderson is covering this but I don’t think we have enough cash to make a serious dent in this without fans paying to watch. 

1 hour ago, savage said:

Sky are throwing plenty money at it in England. 

Unknown user
7 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

People seem to think we'll turn out for anything with a hearts badge on it but how many watch the reserves or bairns?

It's a good chunk of your week's leisure time spent going to a game, I think there'll only ever be a fairly small subset of people who'd actively follow both the men and women's team, even if they get better.

45 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think this thread shows that there are a number of Hearts fans who will be happy to pay a few quid to watch the womens team?

It will need some gate money to justify the investment imo

Clubs now charge admission money, certainly at SWPFL 1 , between £5-£7

Lord Montpelier
16 minutes ago, Smithee said:

People seem to think we'll turn out for anything with a hearts badge on it but how many watch the reserves or bairns?

It's a good chunk of your week's leisure time spent going to a game, I think there'll only ever be a fairly small subset of people who'd actively follow both the men and women's team, even if they get better.

It won't happen, but playing the mens and womens team one after the other at the same venue, at least occasionally, might help grow support

Geoff Kilpatrick

The fact that some people still get triggered by this thread is still amusing. I'm apathetic about the women's team but I can't understand why anyone gets bent out of shape over it.

Nookie Bear
14 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The fact that some people still get triggered by this thread is still amusing. I'm apathetic about the women's team but I can't understand why anyone gets bent out of shape over it.

I think people are entitled to ask if we are getting value for money, in the same way we can ask questions about hotels etc

As it seems JA is finding this then there is no problem but that’s not a sustainable model imo

Edited by Nookie Bear

Lord Montpelier
1 hour ago, savage said:

The girls and women's game is evolving now at a rapid pace. I would give it a few more years and participation levels could be 50/50 male / female at some grassroots clubs. 

This in turn is producing an increasing number of high standard female players who will drop into the senior female game over the next 5-10 years. Whilst of course they won't compete with their male counterparts at adult levels, what you will see is a significant uplift in quality players at all levels of the adult female game. 

At the end of the day your choice if you go to watch it or not , my point is merely that the game is rapidly evolving now on a positive trajectory that will improve quality levels, even compared to where it was 5 years ago.

Hearts Women did great to even get promoted to the big league in the first place, as a squad of amateur teenagers.

Then they did great to not get relegated in their first full season.

Then they brought in an experienced manager.

Then they moved to 4 days training for those players who could get the time away from work.

Now the entire set-up is moving semi-professional.

It's all on an upward curve.

As with all women's leagues, the disparity between those at the top and those at the bottom is vast.

You have fully professional, fully funded teams at the top who are able to sign players from other clubs as well as developing their own talent.

Then you have a whole bunch of amateur sides at the bottom, with a few semi-pro in between.

Idiots moan about it being like sunday league football.

But that's because it IS sunday league amateur football, for the most part.

The game is coming on in leaps and bounds in England, they've sold out Wembley FFS.

Idiots also moan about it losing money.

I'm not sure if they've noticed or not, but men's football usually also loses money.

Debt in football is common.

Unless you're a club like Hearts with 8,000+ fan owners pumping their own cash in every month.

The funding of the entire women's set up is a drop in the ocean compared to the men's team.

Hearts men are not suddenly going to be able to make a marquee signing of an international player if we shut down the women's team.

Voice of reason
55 minutes ago, Cade said:

Hearts Women did great to even get promoted to the big league in the first place, as a squad of amateur teenagers.

Then they moved to 4 days training for those players who could get the time away from work.

As with all women's leagues, the disparity between those at the top and those at the bottom is vast.

You have fully professional, fully funded teams at the top who are able to sign players from other clubs as well as developing their own talent.

Then you have a whole bunch of amateur sides at the bottom, with a few semi-pro in between.

The game is coming on in leaps and bounds in England, they've sold out Wembley FFS.

I'm not sure if they've noticed or not, but men's football usually also loses money.

Unless you're a club like Hearts with 8,000+ fan owners pumping their own cash in every month.

The funding of the entire women's set up is a drop in the ocean compared to the men's team.

Hearts men are not suddenly going to be able to make a marquee signing of an international player if we shut down the women's team.

This is a very positive spin on things!

Hearts got promoted ahead of other fully amateur teams whilst having the advantage of a big men's team badge to attract better players than their competition. It was hardly like they were up against professional women's teams. It was disappointing they never got promoted sooner.

They have avoided relegation, or at least a relegation play-off, every year they've been in the top league due to covid or reconstruction. Never on merit.

The recruitment has been poor - they need to sign older experienced players to help the multitude of 17/18 year olds they have. They need to stop signing loanee 17/18 year old Rangers and Celtic girls who don't care if the club get relegated as they'll just toddle back along to their parent club at the end of the season.

Things are looking better though. They just need someone involved who really knows the women's game in Scotland to identify 3 or 4 women in their mid-twenties or older to help the young ones. If they are paying money then they should be signing the best older players at teams like Spartans, Motherwell, Partick Thistle and the like. Players with leadership qualities and good premier league experience. Also they should be exploring foreign markets such as the US - something Hibs women have been doing successfully recently. It's not rocket science. Hearts should never be finishing behind Spartans Women - that should be the minimum target next season. Takeover Spartans in Edinburgh, then catch Hibs, then challenge the big three in Glasgow.

5 hours ago, McCrae said:

Drama queen alert!

Hearts womens team have fewer fans attending games than semi professional Mens  clubs in Scotland. What is the point in going professional when their is so little interest in the game.

To build interest?

It's a chicken and egg scenario.

Folk refuse to take an interest or invest in the game because it's a pish product.

But how can the product become any better unless there is interest and investment put in to it?

4 hours ago, jambali said:

To build interest?

If you look at the US where womens football is of a much higher standard they are not seeing large crowds for regular games. Mens football which has a lower profile gets much larger crowds.

If you look at the best teams in England, all full time…product still awful and despite all the extra support from the media crowds remain poor and are not growing.

Having a team of full time players and coaches is not cheap, don’t see the need for this just now. 

17 hours ago, McCrae said:

If you look at the US where womens football is of a much higher standard they are not seeing large crowds for regular games. Mens football which has a lower profile gets much larger crowds.

If you look at the best teams in England, all full time…product still awful and despite all the extra support from the media crowds remain poor and are not growing.

Having a team of full time players and coaches is not cheap, don’t see the need for this just now. 

So don’t see the need for a hotel for “the obvious reasons” it won’t work in Gorgie , which you’ve still not explained to anyone who has asked.

You don’t see the need for the Womens team…Probably for the “obvious reasons” too , absolutely misogynistic in your ignorance. Shall we just not bother with the academy too , lets give Hearts fans of any gender no path to playing for the club , no path for interaction with the club and infact lets shut down the mens team unless we win the league and both cups every season. We can let all these women and other genders go and support Hibs as we shouldn’t be trying to encourage them or make them want to be and feel part of the Hearts family. You truly are a sad , sad ignorant misogynist that or just not a jambo , either way…..

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

So don’t see the need for a hotel for “the obvious reasons” it won’t work in Gorgie , which you’ve still not explained to anyone who has asked.

You don’t see the need for the Womens team…Probably for the “obvious reasons” too , absolutely misogynistic in your ignorance. Shall we just not bother with the academy too , lets give Hearts fans of any gender no path to playing for the club , no path for interaction with the club and infact lets shut down the mens team unless we win the league and both cups every season. We can let all these women and other genders go and support Hibs as we shouldn’t be trying to encourage them or make them want to be and feel part of the Hearts family. You truly are a sad , sad ignorant misogynist that or just not a jambo , either way…..

Well said, mate.

I chuckle when I hear people saying the product is awful !

We're watching Scottish Football every week ! 

😂

Nookie Bear
16 minutes ago, sadj said:

Don't think anyone is sugesting no women's team or academy tbh

What women are we losing here? The squad of around 25 - many of whom are not Hearts fans anyway - or the handful who attend games?

Hibs have had an excellent women's team for years but i see no evidence that this has translated into a larger Hibs "family".

I'm just challenging the assumption that a succesful women's team really has that much influence on the stature of the club as a whole. Unless we end up in the Women's Champions League which will never happen because that ship has already sailed for the likes of us.

25 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I'm just challenging the assumption that a succesful women's team really has that much influence on the stature of the club as a whole. Unless we end up in the Women's Champions League which will never happen because that ship has already sailed for the likes of us.

Think about the future rather than right now though. It's not out of reach those ambitions, it'll just take time now the foundations have been put in place.

Nookie Bear
31 minutes ago, kila said:

Think about the future rather than right now though. It's not out of reach those ambitions, it'll just take time now the foundations have been put in place.

women's Champions League teams are not based on foundations, they are based on multi-million pound investments and it is already becoming a closed shop at the highest level

The chances of Hearts developing a foundation to do any more than just be a decent Scottish side are about as likely as it is for the men's team. Zero.

1 hour ago, Boab said:

Well said, mate.

😂

:D

jamboinglasgow
2 hours ago, Boab said:

Well said, mate.

😂

same, its also comes across from some of those who complain about it like they think they will be forced to watch Hearts Womens games. You dont have to go and watch or even have interest in it if it doesn't interest you. 

Nookie Bear
8 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

same, its also comes across from some of those who complain about it like they think they will be forced to watch Hearts Womens games. You dont have to go and watch or even have interest in it if it doesn't interest you. 

Or indeed forcing you to watch the men's game, considering it is just so awful 🤷‍♀️

27 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Or indeed forcing you to watch the men's game, considering it is just so awful 🤷‍♀️

Ah, that's slightly different, mate.

If you come on here and say you can't be arsed going to the football, the super fans will be all over you !

On 29/03/2022 at 13:23, Cade said:

Great post.  The women's game is evolving all the time, just as once did the male game.

It will not be as big or as prestigious as the male game, but it will hopefully increase female participation and interest in the game. 

23 hours ago, McCrae said:

///

Waste of time and money having all the professional male coaches and players as well.

We don't need it, just concentrate on the restaurant, bar and hopefully hotel. We could also lease out the stadium to Spartans or Edinburgh City. 

:vrwow:          :profit:                                                             :munny:

Or maybe we will continue what we are doing and what most other decent football clubs are doing and have teams which allow both sexes to try and operate at the highest level possible.

hoof.hearted
17 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Waste of time and money having all the professional male coaches and players as well.

We don't need it, just concentrate on the restaurant, bar and hopefully hotel. We could also lease out the stadium to Spartans or Edinburgh City. 

:vrwow:          :profit:                                                             :munny:

Or maybe we will continue what we are doing and what most other decent football clubs are doing and have teams which allow both sexes to try and operate at the highest level possible.

hoof.hearted

Until the rules are standardised & the goalkeepers in women's football are allowed to catch the ball then I won't be watching it. 😏

Footballfirst

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60952229

The Scottish Women's Premier League will have a 12-team top flight from next season.

There will be no relegation from SWPL1 this term, with two clubs coming up from SWPL2.

The second tier will change to eight teams, with the winners of the North Championship and South Championship joining, along with a play-off winner.

The move coincides with the SWPL coming under the governance of the Scottish Professional Football League.

Fiona McIntyre the Scottish FA's head of girls' and women's football, has joined the SPFL on a four-month secondment and is driving the reconstruction.

She told Women's Sport 360: "Sorting out the mechanics of the competition comes first.

"Behind the scenes there are a million other things to be done, in terms of the IT, player registration, we'll go through a bit of a rebrand as well, so the competitions will look and feel different.

"Then there are the normal conversations with commercial partners and broadcast partners.

"There's lots of bits and pieces going on at the same time, but it's really exciting."

There will be promotion and relegation between the top two divisions and a pathway will continue for clubs to come up from Championship level.

Dundee United have already clinched this season's SWPL2 title.

Malinga the Swinga

Good stuff. No relegation and safely into semi final. All building up nicely for the end of the season.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - Glasgow City 2 Hearts 0