• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• 3fingersreid

• sadj

• Kalamazoo Jambo

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Good stuff. No relegation and safely into semi final. All building up nicely for the end of the season.

Well done, ladies :clap:

Who is still in the cup?

I'm guessing  Celtic and Hibs, plus 1

Edited by Riccarton3

Stendelnator
1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

Who is still in the cup?

I'm guessing  Celtic and Hibs, plus 1

Hibs got pumped tonight haha 

5 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

5 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Just saw that. Very sad.

Partick and Glasgow City through. 

1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

Just saw that. Very sad.

Aberdeen v Celtic is Sunday

1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

Just saw that. Very sad.

Partick 4, Hibs 2

We might draw Partick and reach the final.

What a boost that would be.

The weekend keeps getting better.

13 hours ago, Scallywag said:

What a great day for the women's team, delighted with the result tonight.

Highlights 

On 30/03/2022 at 18:54, SUTOL said:

Waste of time and money having all the professional male coaches and players as well.

We don't need it, just concentrate on the restaurant, bar and hopefully hotel. We could also lease out the stadium to Spartans or Edinburgh City. 

:vrwow:          :profit:                                                             :munny:

Or maybe we will continue what we are doing and what most other decent football clubs are doing and have teams which allow both sexes to try and operate at the highest level possible.

We all know that unless attendances go up having a full time professional womens team at Hearts won’t last. Nothing wrong with keeping the team amateur  or semi pro until interest in the games goes up. 

Edited by McCrae

Footballfirst
8 minutes ago, Hesh said:

Slightly nhc but I see there’s a bit of a whinge on Twitter for seating availability for the SWNT game 

I saw that earlier

Footballfirst

Hearts players involved in tonight's U19 3-0 win over Kazakhstan

Edited by Footballfirst

7 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I saw that earlier

Assuming they are just opening sections as the sales go along

Hungry hippo
8 minutes ago, Hesh said:

Assuming they are just opening sections as the sales go along

That was my thought as well. If they refuse anyone tickets they'll have every right to be raging but I can't see that happening.

35 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

That was my thought as well. If they refuse anyone tickets they'll have every right to be raging but I can't see that happening.

I think they have a point though, there's only limited seats left yet they won't open any more.

It's similar to the semi, the good seats are predominantly gone, but you know there are better ones available. It puts people off buying. 

I don't think it's unique to it being a women's game though, but it's a weird way to try and shift tickets. Having more attractive seats available will result in better sales.

Malinga the Swinga

Barcelona women sold out their home champions League semi final in less than 24 hours. Over 90,000 expected which will beat record they set in previous round.

England selling out out almost every game in women's Euros and building a steady support for national team.

They're a mile ahead of us but a few years back, they had nothing like this support.

SFA have totally failed women's National team, who after qualifying for last Euros and World Cup were promised investment but as usual, SFA have under delivered. If anything, to hey heav we managed to undo everything to that was achieved.

Sad thing is no one in least surprised.

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

Women's pro and amateur football is just going to get bigger and bigger.  NZ has just hosted the women's cricket world cup.  Huge success despite NZ not doing so well.  Terrific crowd for the final.  Unthinkable 10 years ago.

Women's football ditto the world over and Hearts would be negligent not to be part of it.

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Women's pro and amateur football is just going to get bigger and bigger.  NZ has just hosted the women's cricket world cup.  Huge success despite NZ not doing so well.  Terrific crowd for the final.  Unthinkable 10 years ago.

Women's football ditto the world over and Hearts would be negligent not to be part of it.

Up to a point maybe but there's a lot of entertainment competing for your cash and precious leisure time, we'll see

Nookie Bear
10 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

We are part of it.

The question arises as to how far we as a club and fans are willing to invest in it. We can't really rely on James Anderson to fund it long term - that is a dangerous walk down the Vlad route if he then moves on to other projects.

scott herbertson
20 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Hearts players involved in tonight's U19 3-0 win over Kazakhstan

Whole game is available currently on youtube

On 05/04/2022 at 16:26, Footballfirst said:

Hearts drawn against Celtic in the cup semi final.

On 05/04/2022 at 17:04, Riccarton3 said:

Plastic pitch at Falkirk for semis on 1st May

Footballfirst
35 mins

GOAL Aberdeen 0-1 Hearts

Aimee Anderson

Erin Rennie drives from midfield, she passes to Maria McAneny who reverses a pass for Aimee Anderson to run onto and she finishes between the keeper’s legs.

17:51

FULL-TIME Aberdeen 0-1 Hearts

The description of the goal leaves a lot to the imagination. 

14 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:
35 mins

GOAL Aberdeen 0-1 Hearts

Aimee Anderson

Erin Rennie drives from midfield, she passes to Maria McAneny who reverses a pass for Aimee Anderson to run onto and she finishes between the keeper’s legs.

17:51

FULL-TIME Aberdeen 0-1 Hearts

The description of the goal leaves a lot to the imagination. 

It certainly does.  Great result though.

1 hour ago, Australis said:

Just seen the result against Aberdeen.

Well played ladies.

Takes them level with Jags. Be good to finish outside the bottom.2, despite no relegation.

I take it McEneny won't be able to play in the cup final if on loan from Celtic? Shame if not cos done well

Edited by Riccarton3

I’ve heard there’s some decent news coming out this afternoon regarding the Women’s team.

We’ll be hosting the Scottish Cup Final.

It seems odd as we could be in the final, but there’s meant to be a press conference this afternoon.

The things they allow for the best stadium in the country I suppose… 😁 💰 

12 hours ago, Dayman said:

😁

12 hours ago, Dayman said:

I’ve heard there’s some decent news coming out this afternoon regarding the Women’s team.

We’ll be hosting the Scottish Cup Final.

It seems odd as we could be in the final, but there’s meant to be a press conference this afternoon.

The things they allow for the best stadium in the country I suppose… 😁 💰

Nice exclusive 

Edited by Mikey1874

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Nice exclusive 

Heard about it last week but felt dirty being “ITK” and revealing it. I don’t know how people do it!

Good news for the stadium development and the womens team. Two things that get a lot of abuse. 

The Treasurer

Read that the hooped demons are planning to "invade Tynecastle" on the 29th May if they reach the final. 

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Read that the hooped demons are planning to "invade Tynecastle" on the 29th May if they reach the final. 

like that time 40 of them turned up during lock down and flapped their arms around while wearing hand bags before getting battered and chased away

• 2 weeks later...
  • Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - semi final live on YouTube now
BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

0-0, now going into extra time.

Keep us posted. Considering how we did last season and even the start of this season, the idea of keeping Celtic level after 90 minutes was unthinkable. So already an achievement to make it this far.

Kalamazoo Jambo
8 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Keep us posted. Considering how we did last season and even the start of this season, the idea of keeping Celtic level after 90 minutes was unthinkable. So already an achievement to make it this far.

Celtic well on top but can’t score and we’re still defending well, with some excellent goalkeeping. We’re largely stuck in our own half. But it’s clear the team has made great progress in the last few months.

Also, bringing back up the link to watch live…

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - Scottish Cup Final - Rangers 2 Hearts 0