Hearts Women

3fingersreid

Ford Prentice

Still 0-0 after first period extra time. Great defensive display from Hearts.  Was half watching at first but now seriously invested. Hoping for penalties.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• 3fingersreid

• sadj

• Kalamazoo Jambo

Ford Prentice

2 nil now. Och well it was good while it lasted. Our kids did well though - done us proud.

Ford Prentice
9 minutes ago, Tazio said:

My fault. 

No, mine. Shouldn't have tempted fate by mentioning penalties. Conceded almost immediately.

Sorry.

SomethingAboutObua

What's happened to Hearts women? Thought we were last place candidates and now taking Celtic to extra time in a semi final? Are the players up to speed with Olid now or has there been some new squad members added? I know Olid was saying the youth of the squad was a disadvantage this season but would be a big positive in the long run. 

Kalamazoo Jambo
1 minute ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

What's happened to Hearts women? Thought we were last place candidates and now taking Celtic to extra time in a semi final? Are the players up to speed with Olid now or has there been some new squad members added? I know Olid was saying the youth of the squad was a disadvantage this season but would be a big positive in the long run. 

Much better organized now (thanks to Eva) and our young team is getting more experienced. But there is still a massive gulf between us and the full-time teams, as you’d expect.

50 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Much better organized now (thanks to Eva) and our young team is getting more experienced. But there is still a massive gulf between us and the full-time teams, as you’d expect.

You can see the gulf in the fitness, sharpness levels etc between the teams like Celtic, Rangers, Glasgow City etc and teams like ours.

Training was and still is to an extent voluntary albeit they have now turned semi-pro I believe.

A lot of these girls are still teenagers and I know one Browning is still at School. As far as I know we are building a team based on youth and a number of these girls are Scotland caps so they are good players but will get better as they play more, train more and are coached better with Eva.

Kalamazoo Jambo
23 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

You can see the gulf in the fitness, sharpness levels etc between the teams like Celtic, Rangers, Glasgow City etc and teams like ours.

Training was and still is to an extent voluntary albeit they have now turned semi-pro I believe.

A lot of these girls are still teenagers and I know one Browning is still at School. As far as I know we are building a team based on youth and a number of these girls are Scotland caps so they are good players but will get better as they play more, train more and are coached better with Eva.

The future is maroon, for sure. It’s not very clear but I think only a few of the players have been offered semi-pro contracts at this point.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - Hearts lose semi final to Celtic

Thought the performance from such a young team was fantastic.  They are gaining experience all the time and appear more organised and disciplined since the new coach came in.

Does anyone hear watch the girls academy?  Is their any potential players coming through in the next year or so?  Or should we add a few more experienced players?

Also will going semi-pro close the gap between us and Hibs, Spartans and the Glasgow teams?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - Hearts v Partick Thistle
  • Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - Hearts 3 Partick Thistle 0
Malinga the Swinga

I know there is no relegation, but even if there had been, with that win we ended up above Patrick, or at least I think we did.

Massive strides made though over course of season.

Kalamazoo Jambo
11 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I know there is no relegation, but even if there had been, with that win we ended up above Patrick, or at least I think we did.

Massive strides made though over course of season.

Yes, we made it to eight in the end.

TyphoonJambo

Well dun the burds.  Now get hame and sort yer man's tee oot😉

The Treasurer

The attitude to our women's team has definitely changed as the season has progressed. 

Like them or hate them, they represent our club, so we should give them our support 

33 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

The attitude to our women's team has definitely changed as the season has progressed. 

Like them or hate them, they represent our club, so we should give them our support 

definitely 

colinmaroon
On 02/05/2022 at 10:42, Riccarton3 said:

BBC quite lavish in praise: dogged Hearts. 

Near as they could get to the " big, strong team" I suppose.

9 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

We’re improving.

Top half next season.

Guess that's the aim.  The top 4 are streets ahead, but can we get up there near Aberdeen (think I saw they're also going semi-pro, did I?)

Perth to Paisley

As a point of balance, Plastic Whistle were "down to the bare bones" and had to play  a midfielder in goals.

• 2 weeks later...

Ann Budge's interview in the Scotsman today also mentions signings for women's team when talking about strengthening the men's squad.

Be interesting how the squad is developed now. 

Jambo in Bathgate

Hearts women last season were very young. They improved over the season. No doubt the money spent on back room staff and coaches has made a difference. Next season they go semi professional which will improve fitness levels and the togetherness of the team. The third biggest club in Scotland needs a woman’s team competing at a high standard. 

Edited by Jambo in Bathgate
Change word

Kalamazoo Jambo

Hearts women sign their first ever full-time professional. Welcome on board, Emma Brownlie.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - Emma Brownlie signs a full-time contract

Bit more experience it would seem. Pardon my ignorance, but will the switch to semi-pro invlove more regular training or is it simply a case of paying a wage but keeping the same training regime

Stendelnator

I wonder what a full time salary is like at that level? Hopefully not too many of the players that got the club to this level are thrown on the scrap heap that would be a pity, although sometimes needs to happen to improve 

34 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Do the ladies team ever play games at tynecastle?

I'm honestly beginning to believe that you have some sort of random question generator!

Firstly, it is Hearts Women rather than 'ladies'.

Secondly, you could easily answer your own question with a quick search, but let me save you the bother:-

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/hearts-women-to-play-at-tynecastle-this-december

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-boss-wants-womens-team-to-play-more-games-at-tynecastle-park-3674760

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Do the ladies team ever play games at tynecastle?

No, we don’t have a ladies team, they’re not from the Victorian era. 
The womens team play big games there from time to time. 

Praises Scottish football and references youth of teams (like Hearts). And first goal was against Hearts. 

She is a doctor.

Edited by Mikey1874

RustyRightPeg
45 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Was the signing yesterday tweeted only off the Woman’s account? I don’t have twitter but noted the Hearts instagram shared it on the main story.

Makes me think the main account is currently in use for something/someone else…

RustyRightPeg
47 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Was the signing yesterday tweeted only off the Woman’s account? I don’t have twitter but noted the Hearts instagram shared it on the main story.

Makes me think the main account is currently in use for something/someone else…

I was right 😅

The Ultimate Worrier

Was surprised to see Claire Delworth leave the club, seemed to come out the blue. A true Hearts supporter as well.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - Emma Brownlie and Ciara Grant sign full-time contracts
  • Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women