***Official Scotland v Georgia Match Day Thread***

rmreido

Gorgierools
28 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Could well be Las Palmas. They are due to go back there soon. 

Valladolid is mentioned as their last home game. 

It's mental that they get to delay the decision. No respect for the fans,though why am I suprised?

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• periodictabledancer

• Hearts007

• Naisys Tackle

Not necessarily a 'must win' game, but we really could do with the 3 points. Win tonight, and bar a cock up of massive proportions, we're almost there.

Don't care how we do it, just get the 3 points. 2-0 Scotland I'll say. McTominay and Dykes.

Naisys Tackle
9 minutes ago, briever said:

STFU - the mocker gawds are always watching Scotland.

:lol:  I posted confidently of drawing or winning against Spain and against Norway so I'm continuing this faux supreme confidence watching the NT. :) 

LochcarronJambo

Just about to set off for Glasgow, excited & nervous….supporting Hearts & Scotland you always think it’s never plain sailing….but C’Mon Scotland !🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

22 hours ago, RudiSkacel51 said:

Guess that pissed guy in the pub on saturday night wasn't the most reliable source 😂

It would have to the mother of hibsing it to fail to qualify if we do win tonight though. Norway need maximum points from their remaining games and one of them is against Spain amd us at hampden. Not mathematically qualified but all but there if we win tonight. 

Beating Spain and then Norway away only to get pumped at home by Georgia would be the most Scotland thing that Scotland has ever Scotlanded.

So our team that's chock full of players from top EPL clubs is going to struggle against a team with (...checks notes...) one good player? Nah, not having it.

This is not the Scotland team of old full of OF players who can't be arsed being there (and that's the ones that turned up!). This is a well-drilled, professional international side who'll see us home easily tonight.

willie wallace

Looking forward to seeing how Hickey gets on against Kvaratskhelia tonight.

One of the most exciting players to watch in European football.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Nothing is ever easy with Scotland. Georgia on a great run themselves. Clever money might be in 1-1 or 2-2

Rocky jamboa

I felt if we beat Norway we were through but think we probably need to pick up 6 more points from our two games v Georgia and one v Cyprus away to guarantee it, as can't see Norway getting any more than 14 points. That would be based on them drawing v Spain and beating us at Hampden, plus winning every other game. 

I think tonight is therefore pretty much a must win. 

Ferryjambo99

Worth looking at Georgia's results lately. Pretty impressive, very few defeats and those are almost always 1 goal

Scotland have been doing far too well for far too long.

The traditional erse collapse cannot be far away.

Just enjoy it while it lasts.

2-1 Scotland, another comeback victory.

1 hour ago, Rocky jamboa said:

I felt if we beat Norway we were through but think we probably need to pick up 6 more points from our two games v Georgia and one v Cyprus away to guarantee it, as can't see Norway getting any more than 14 points. That would be based on them drawing v Spain and beating us at Hampden, plus winning every other game. 

I think tonight is therefore pretty much a must win. 

We've won 3 in a row and Norway have had 1 draw from 3. This is not a "must win game". 

Rocky jamboa
Just now, graygo said:

We've won 3 in a row and Norway have had 1 draw from 3. This is not a "must win game". 

If we want to guarantee the 6 points we need to secure a qualifying place out of the 3 games I mentioned it is. 

We're not going to qualify on 9 points. We're unlikely to get anything in Spain. 

2 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

If we want to guarantee the 6 points we need to secure a qualifying place out of the 3 games I mentioned it is. 

We're not going to qualify on 9 points. We're unlikely to get anything in Spain. 

So if we lose tonight we can't qualify? That's what a must game win is.

Rocky jamboa
22 minutes ago, graygo said:

So if we lose tonight we can't qualify? That's what a must game win is.

Are you just sitting about bored mate and looking for someone to argue with?? Feck me. 

If we need 6 points out of our last 5 games, to guarantee we qualify, Georgia at home is one of the ones we need to win. Over Spain away, Norway at home and georgia away.

Heartsofgold
18 hours ago, tian447 said:

Shanks and Dykes up front. 

Fower Fower Twa! 

Clarke will use Nisbet 1st for that formation.

6 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

Are you just sitting about bored mate and looking for someone to argue with?? Feck me. 

If we need 6 points out of our last 5 games, to guarantee we qualify, Georgia at home is one of the ones we need to win. Over Spain away, Norway at home and georgia away.

"If"  Not a must win game then, must win games come later if we don't win tonight.

You can argue the toss all you like but that's the facts.

2 hours ago, Ferryjambo99 said:

Worth looking at Georgia's results lately. Pretty impressive, very few defeats and those are almost always 1 goal

They’re clearly our main rivals for second, assuming we don’t win the group. Norway may pick up six points against Cyprus, but I’m not convinced they’ll win any of their other games.

This is a must win game.

Any other mindset will result in complacency. Get the points on the board, keep everything in our hands and not have to rely on people elsewhere - how often does relying on other teams getting results back fire 

1 hour ago, Rocky jamboa said:

‘Must win’ for me means there are dire and final consequences if you don’t win. We’re not in that position due to beating Spain and Norway away.

Its important to win of course it is, and we have to be thinking about winning the group now or being unassailable in 2nd as soon as we can.

Tayside Jambo

Maybe not the right thread by I have a spare ticket for tonight, very last minute. I’m driving down so would need to be meet at ground. Pm if interested 

BangkokHearts

Got a feeling we might get a shock tonight. Hope I’m wrong! 

jambo-in-furness
19 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Defo looking for link for this....🙄

Me Tae……🤞

Naisys Tackle
45 minutes ago, Morgan said:

You just know that Scotland will blow it, don’t you?  :vrface:

Not a chance buddy.  Not a chance.

Stream here for laptop: https://cricfree.live/live/viaplay-sports-1  (Get Brave Browser - works amazing).

Stream here for others later on.

Edited by Naisys Tackle

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Me Tae……🤞

23 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Defo looking for link for this....🙄

See above.

6 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Not a chance buddy.  Not a chance.

Stream here for laptop: https://cricfree.live/live/viaplay-sports-1  (Get Brave Browser - works amazing).

Stream here for others later on.

Looking forward to that NT.  Extended lunchtime break at 12.45pm, rather than the usual 1.00pm, will be perfect. 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, DesertDawg said:

Looking forward to that NT.  Extended lunchtime break at 12.45pm, rather than the usual 1.00pm, will be perfect. 

Sounds class mate you got the whole game off on lunch?  Hopefully we have it sewn up before you have to return :) 

Portable Badger

Really dislike seeing things like “We’re going to Germany”, “Going to pap them 3-0”, etc.....    Feckers were declaring 3rd was in the bag in Feb and where did that get us this season?

29 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Sounds class mate you got the whole game off on lunch?  Hopefully we have it sewn up before you have to return :) 

I'm good until 2.00pm AZ time.  Let's hope you're stream doesn't go into endless buffering due to signal loss on 90 minutes again.  😉 

Naisys Tackle
30 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

I'm good until 2.00pm AZ time.  Let's hope you're stream doesn't go into endless buffering due to signal loss on 90 minutes again.  😉 

Haha weird that happens mate.  Fire on a vpn right before that and see if that happens :lol: 

7 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

Playing Porteous over Soutar is mental imo. It’s a Skoda v a rolls Royce. 

Think Soutar's carrying an injury...

Here's the line up 20230620_185248.thumb.jpg.92879410164a04b54081e60796ab6ddf.jpg

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

World class player. Or so I’ve heard.

The newest and greatest next coming of Paul Mc STAY (in Scotland)

Totally agree.  Not a chance he would play for a prem team.

I've backed another 2-1.   Serbia Scotland 2-1 double.

Looking at the formations and players it could end 0-0 or a tight 1-0.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

No Shankland again

boooooooo Clarke oot Scotland oot 

personally not at all bothered by this . Don’t have to worry about him getting hurt