Konrad von Carstein

Victorian
3 minutes ago, doddsyJR9 said:

Being part of a failed snp green brigade. They'll never win. FU Tony.

Right.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• The Real Maroonblood

• Mikey1874

hughesie27
9 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

And the academy award for best actress goes to ,,,,,,,,,, 

https://x.com/frankleebrian/status/1752668148375892063?s=46&t=Uyg6zS_aUfEwlXY6vOoxzQ

feck off u lying piece of **** 

brazen till the end of her “ political “ career . It ended today for good . 

IMG_7155.png

8 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Crocodile tears :biglaugh:

Boo hoo you fecking crooked bitch 

8 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

She’s actually pretending to cry

:rofl:

Didn’t think even she would be so desperate 

8 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Shame she's too late for an Oscar nomination.

7 hours ago, TallPaul said:

That is absolutely epic. Probably the worst bit of acting I've seen in my life. To think all the Karen's will be lapping her up whilst posting their I stand with Nicola shite.

3 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

I've just seen on the news she was crying today.

Not checked but I bet there was 1 or 2 folk.claiming they were crocodile tears. Maybe the body language expert could shed some light on it.

3 hours ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Crocodile tears or not , I've not got a shred of sympathy for her. 

just had  alook back to see.

A-MA-ZING 

Full House I reckon.

manaliveits105
4 hours ago, Carter said:

Dearie me. She led your lot up the garden path. Delivered nothing and resigned in disgrace.

A thoroughly discredited degenerate and a pathological liar. 

Fair comment 

23 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I wish the FM had been Ruth Davidson or Jackie Baillie.  It would have been tremendous to have had either of them in charge for a month in early 2020... before they ran a mile on some contrived reason to resign.  Which,  imo,  would have happened.  

We got a FM who faced it head on and put in a hard shift for the year or more it took.  Made a lot of mistakes.  Probably decided on things that had no good outcomes.  Probably would rather it is left untold so that history isn't rewritten to arrive at poor conclusions.  Probably told a lot of lies.  Probably wishes she wasn't dealt that horseshit sandwich.  

Tell me,  who is that person who would have put in the shift,  got everything right,  solved the choices with no good outcomes and told more truth than Moses?  

Deary me.

Nobody would have got everything right.

I'd like to think few would have shown the hubris she did.

Jeffros Furios
19 minutes ago, doddsyJR9 said:

Being part of a failed snp green brigade. They'll never win. FU Tony.

Davie, Tony Blair was good for this country.. Thatcher was a closet marxist ... you know pal .

doddsyJR9
1 minute ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Davie, Tony Blair was good for this country.. Thatcher was a closet marxist ... you know pal .

Thatcher the Great British Grocer Daughter was a Closet Marxist. I'll leave it there. 

doddsyJR9
4 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Margaret was born from simple Great British origin. Tony Blair at private Fettes.

periodictabledancer
38 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I wish the FM had been Ruth Davidson or Jackie Baillie.  It would have been tremendous to have had either of them in charge for a month in early 2020... before they ran a mile on some contrived reason to resign.  Which,  imo,  would have happened.  

We got a FM who faced it head on and put in a hard shift for the year or more it took.  Made a lot of mistakes.  Probably decided on things that had no good outcomes.  Probably would rather it is left untold so that history isn't rewritten to arrive at poor conclusions.  Probably told a lot of lies.  Probably wishes she wasn't dealt that horseshit sandwich.  

Tell me,  who is that person who would have put in the shift,  got everything right,  solved the choices with no good outcomes and told more truth than Moses?  

Or even Wee Dougie.

SO MANY good candidates to choose from , Scotland should be in good hands after the next general election. 

Meanhwile the critics will do their best to ignore the better results she managed to get in terms of lower deaths and focus on the real issues like WhattsApp messages. And camper vans.

15 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Or even Wee Dougie.

SO MANY good candidates to choose from , Scotland should be in good hands after the next general election. 

Meanhwile the critics will do their best to ignore the better results she managed to get in terms of lower deaths and focus on the real issues like WhattsApp messages. And camper vans.

The death rates were broadly the same in England and Scotland though.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

With increasing volume of hindsight,  the decisions,  rules,  limitations look increasingly random and arbitrary.  But hindsight is often a poor asset to help arrive at the best answers.  It was all made up on the hoof.  As novel as the virus was.

It was panic stations with every Govt I feel . And panicking when  making decisions is not the most productive response . There were people who called out some of the more inhumane or arbitrary rules but they got lost in the madness of that time . That’s my opinion anyway . 

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, pablo said:

Yep . Only a slight difference but it’s now part of the sturgeon myth that she did much better than Boris et al . 

hughesie27
9 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Were you taken in by her wet eyed performance, Hughes?

If by taken in you mean I believe that they were genuine tears then yes. I couldn't actually care less about her crying though. I don't feel sorry for her. But I knew there would be folk absolutely desperate to claim it was an act.

This was no Matt Hancock.

1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

If by taken in you mean I believe that they were genuine tears then yes. I couldn't actually care less about her crying though. I don't feel sorry for her. But I knew there would be folk absolutely desperate to claim it was an act.

This was no Matt Hancock.

The onion was in her hand bag FFS! Or was it a man bag? 🤔

If you believe anything that comes out that narcissistic, pathological liars mouth, I'd advise you to steer clear of any invitations with a Jonestown postmark promising free halftime refreshments.

Plain as the nose on the end of your face to see what games that bitch played. And she's still playing them now!

periodictabledancer
2 hours ago, pablo said:

Yes they were - I checked the stats I'd originally seen but it wasn't for the whole of the pandemic. Scotland did originally fare much better but over time were only a little better than England. 

The Mighty Thor

Thoughts and prayers with Jeeb at this difficult time.

Years of crafting a position of head 'Chief Mammy' hater only to have it all taken away in 24 glorious hours by a boy with the intellect of a Wham bar and English as a second language.

F.U. Tony 

7 hours ago, Victorian said:

Good grief.

9 hours ago, Victorian said:

Good post and fair minded.

i wish jj was my dad

Nobody was getting it right. And I'm prepared to accept that. Having Liz Lloyd pulling strings for political benefit was unforgivable if not unexpected but I'd genuinely like to find out more about how decisions were reached. Pubs, restaurants and alcohol, being allowed out for one hour per day and how far away from home, what shops could sell, numbers allowed at funerals and most importantly decisions about care homes. 

Konrad von Carstein
2 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Thoughts and prayers with Jeeb at this difficult time.

Years of crafting a position of head 'Chief Mammy' hater only to have it all taken away in 24 glorious hours by a boy with the intellect of a Wham bar and English as a second language.

F.U. Tony 

Jeeb?

Rest of the post = :lolderwood:

Victorian
10 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Nobody was getting it right. And I'm prepared to accept that. Having Liz Lloyd pulling strings for political benefit was unforgivable if not unexpected but I'd genuinely like to find out more about how decisions were reached. Pubs, restaurants and alcohol, being allowed out for one hour per day and how far away from home, what shops could sell, numbers allowed at funerals and most importantly decisions about care homes. 

But also we now have political opponents lining up to use the inquiry as a means for political benefit.  Wee DRoss and others are openly exploiting the bereaved to that purpose.  He was at that very thing last night.  The hypocrisy is fantastic.

manaliveits105
5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

But also we now have political opponents lining up to use the inquiry as a means for political benefit.  Wee DRoss and others are openly exploiting the bereaved to that purpose.  He was at that very thing last night.  The hypocrisy is fantastic.

The opposition along with the bereaved and the good people of Scotland  are holding the SG to account as it should be - they have been measured and found wanting. 
SNP oot !

Radio Ga Ga
8 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

The opposition along with the bereaved and the good people of Scotland  are holding the SG to account as it should be - they have been measured and found wanting. 
SNP oot !

:spoton:

7 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

SNP oot !

And it took Westminster to (attempt) to shine a light on how Scotland had been governed during the pandemic. On the instincs of a pathological liar who believed herself to above everyone else basically. 

39 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

You’re right, but it reminds me of conversations at the time and it wasn’t about what a particular political party were doing but looking at different countries and their measures.

Your first line is spot on in the respect of the UK. 
We weren’t prepared like others and definitely didn’t have the culture to carry it through.

I think most politicians knew this deep down.

37 minutes ago, Victorian said:

download.jpeg-19.jpg

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, TallPaul said:

Taking into account Englands higher population density and more ethnically diverse population base you could actually argue Boris handled things better.

Yes that’s a good point as people from a BAME background were more vulnerable to Covid . 

i wish jj was my dad
7 minutes ago, Boab said:

You’re right, but it reminds me of conversations at the time and it wasn’t about what a particular political party were doing but looking at different countries and their measures.

Your first line is spot on in the respect of the UK. 
We weren’t prepared like others and definitely didn’t have the culture to carry it through.

I think most politicians knew this deep down.

To an extent, i can forgive them for not being prepared. Nobody knew what to do and bad calls could lead to thousands of deaths maybe worse. I cant forgive the politicking though. From all sides.

And i know it might seem trivial in comparison to care homes but some of the decisions like you can have a two hour slot in a pub and pubs will shut at 10. They were off the scale stupid for anybody who understands human behaviours. Keeping public toilets closed when things were opening up anaw 

I want to know how these decisions were reached and what the evidence was  if it existed at all. 

Victorian
5 minutes ago, TallPaul said:

download.jpeg-19.jpg

Missing the point in spectacular fashion.  I'm not any kind of defender of Sturgeon.  My interest is in fair mindedness and the rancid hypocrisy surrounding this inquiry.

If your own limitations merely allow you to see the matter in such simple,  binary terms then that's your problem.  

i wish jj was my dad
6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Missing the point in spectacular fashion.  I'm not any kind of defender of Sturgeon.  My interest is in fair mindedness and the rancid hypocrisy surrounding this inquiry.

If your own limitations merely allow you to see the matter in such simple,  binary terms then that's your problem.  

This thread is mirroring most others in that it keeps proving we get the arsehole governments and politicians we deserve. 

You really have to hope that it is trolling. 

Victorian
2 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

This thread is mirroring most others in that it keeps proving we get the arsehole governments and politicians we deserve. 

You really have to hope that it is trolling. 

Yeah grim stuff.  Twas to be expected of course.

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Yeah grim stuff.  Twas to be expected of course.

Oh come on ! Look at the comments on the Tories thread 🧵 ! Be honest . There has been some decent comments regarding yesterdays drama

12 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

To an extent, i can forgive them for not being prepared. Nobody knew what to do and bad calls could lead to thousands of deaths maybe worse. I cant forgive the politicking though. From all sides.

And i know it might seem trivial in comparison to care homes but some of the decisions like you can have a two hour slot in a pub and pubs will shut at 10. They were off the scale stupid for anybody who understands human behaviours. Keeping public toilets closed when things were opening up anaw 

I want to know how these decisions were reached and what the evidence was  if it existed at all. 

Yea, I agree in the context of the UK. 
I do, however, remember conversations about how some countries, Taiwan was one, fared much better than any country in Europe for example. 
Conversation turned to how their health agencies were prepared for something of this magnitude and how we had similar agencies but, quelle surprise, were cut ! 
It was a scandal for a nation with the wealth of the UK. 

Victorian
4 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Oh come on ! Look at the comments on the Tories thread 🧵 ! Be honest . There has been some decent comments regarding yesterdays drama

There has James.  

Victorian
4 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

There has James.  

Bull's-eye
10 hours ago, Victorian said:

Thats a cracker :rofl:

Did you write the same things about Boris?

No point in answering tbf . . . :rofl:

Edited by Bull's-eye

i wish jj was my dad
2 minutes ago, Boab said:

Yea, I agree in the context of the UK. 
I do, however, remember conversations about how some countries, Taiwan was one, fared much better than any country in Europe for example. 
Conversation turned to how their health agencies were prepared for something of this magnitude and how we had similar agencies but, quelle surprise, were cut ! 
It was a scandal for a nation with the wealth of the UK. 

Yip. One of the biggest failings of the UKG and SG is that we don't do long term thinking. It's all about quick fixes on the cheap and chasing headlines. We are notorious in this country for failing to invest in the long term and it all most always ends up in costing us more in the the end. 

Horatio Caine

Whoever had been dealt the worst hand in the world, ie being in charge when a pandemic struck, was always going to be the fall person.  Whether it was Tories, Labour, SNP, feckin Greens in charge, lots of mistakes were going to be made and the families looking for `answers` are always going to be angry with the way it was handled.  

A government of National Unity should have been formed, bringing all parties of all political persuasions on board.  That's the mistake that was made on both sides of the border imo.

Edited by Horatio Caine

15 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

That's typical of that lot. They love to dish it out when it comes to the Tories but hyper sensitive about anything fired back at their laughable wee Indy movement 

Victorian
1 minute ago, Horatio Caine said:

Whoever had been dealt the worst hand in the world, ie being in charge when a pandemic struck, was always going to be the fall person.  Whether it was Tories, Labour, SNP, feckin Greens in charge, lots of mistakes were going to be made and the families looking for `answers` are always going to be angry with the way it was handled.  

A government of National Unity should have been formed, bring all parties of all political persuasions on board.  That's the mistake that was made on both sides of the border imo.

:Agree:  

1 minute ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Yip. One of the biggest failings of the UKG and SG is that we don't do long term thinking. It's all about quick fixes on the cheap and chasing headlines. We are notorious in this country for failing to invest in the long term and it all most always ends up in costing us more in the the end. 

I remember the arguments at the time about how it was unreasonable to have billions tied up for an event that was pretty unlikely, and some of them made some sense. But we had **** all ! No strategy, no planning !

Nurses, on the front line, with no PPE.

Meanwhile some made billions.

A COVID Enquiry ! 🙄

People should be jailed.

i wish jj was my dad
9 minutes ago, Victorian said:

There has James.  

Correct. There are many decent posts but as with many threads they tend to get lost in the shite. And in this particular case, it's whacking off at the prospect of chief mammy getting her comeuppance. On the other side it can be almost and sometimes just as bad with the Blair Drummond nonsense being a typical example. You seriously worry that people like that actually have a vote. 

I can't pretend to have caught all of thi story but I did catch a very good and balanced piece from Brian Taylor this morning. He has pinned NS down on her lack of credibility about seeking political advantage but certainly wasn't suggesting she be put in stocks and have tomatoes chucked at her. Quite a difference from some of the less objective analysis on here. 

i wish jj was my dad
2 minutes ago, Boab said:

I remember the arguments at the time about how it was unreasonable to have billions tied up for an event that was pretty unlikely, and some of them made some sense. But we had **** all ! No strategy, no planning !

Nurses, on the front line, with no PPE.

Meanwhile some made billions.

A COVID Enquiry ! 🙄

People should be jailed.

Spot on. 

The Real Maroonblood
22 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Top post.

NHS, roads and railways to name a few.

JudyJudyJudy
18 minutes ago, TallPaul said:

That's typical of that lot. They love to dish it out when it comes to the Tories but hyper sensitive about anything fired back at their laughable wee Indy movement 

Yes thats kinda the point i was trying to make but was more subtle ;)