Hearts in Europe: 23/24 : v Rosenborg - Away leg on Hearts ppv ( updated )

Waterboy

The Hogfather
2 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

I really home they switch the ties in the next round (if we get through) so that we are away from home first.  There might be a chance given Hibs draw?

Nope. Hibs will be the tie moved, not Hearts.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• JimmyCant

• Waterboy

• Luckies1874

Bazzas right boot

If we get by Rosenberg I don't fancy our chances v either of the other 2, especially the Greeks.

The Greeks will likely hump us over two legs tbh.

Always a long shot qualifying through to the group stages tbh.

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

It won't be a sell-out, i'd imagine a draw/win on Thursday and folk will go. A loss and folk will be saying Naismith OUt.

It will be a sell out if we get a result on Thursday.

That's a decent draw if we were to go through against rosenborg imo, I'd sat we have an outside chance against those sides, although the likelihood is we won't go through, not sure who I would rather get, probably Split, but could have been worse and at least we avoided potentially drawing the toughest teams I.e Brugges, Fiorentina and Belgrade.

Mr Elwood P
15 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

If we get by Rosenberg I don't fancy our chances v either of the other 2, especially the Greeks.

Surely neither team will be anywhere near as good as Fiorentina?

38 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

I really home they switch the ties in the next round (if we get through) so that we are away from home first.  There might be a chance given Hibs draw?

Why? Be far better for ticket sales to be at home first and have the game at Tynecastle not be a dead rubber.

Luckies1874
18 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

In terms of qualifying the bookies have Hajduk and PAOK the same prices as us v Rosenborg with both ties wide open.

Hearts and PAOK slight favorites at 4/5 with Rosenborg and Hadjuk 19/20.

Last year PAOK went out at the same stage 3-1 on agg to Levski Sofia whilst Hajduk went out 6-2 to Villarreal in the play off round, the sort of score we would probably face against that level as we saw. Clearly they will both have some talented players but neither are prone to mediocre performances and getting turned over at this level. 

I think should we manage to beat Rosenborg (which shouldn't be underestimated as a step in the right direction if we achieve it) we would be significant underdogs in the play off round, but not without a prayer. We've beaten better than both of those sides in one offs before, doing it over 2 matches is of course much harder. As we know we would have been drawing absolutely dead against the likes of Fiorentina, AZ, Villa or Club Brugge so I really think we've nothing to lose and should just go and enjoy this making sure to give it everything both on and off the field. 

Edited by Luckies1874

Squad values on transfermarkt

Hearts 14m

Rosenberg 20m

Paok and Haduk Split 50m

Edited by jambopilms

MarkDevriesScores4

Anyone listened to the bbc Scottish football podcast? What a farcical load of crap they put out. According to them hearts will face dynamo zagreb if we beat Rosenborg. 

Stuart Jack

Hello again, your friendly Fiorentina fan here! I saw all the draws today and certainly a few interesting ties. 

Firstly, I wish you guys well for the season ahead. I think you have a good chance of progressing via Rosenborg but a step up for Hajduk or PAOK but never give up!

We played PAOK a few times in recent years, drawing 1-1 away and losing 2-3 at home in 2016 and drawing and winning 0-1 away in 2014. That was with a good team with Mutu and Gilardino too although I've no idea what they're like now but suspect not as good?

We got Rapid Vienna or Debreceni of Hungary. Happy with that (as we had a tough draw against Twente last year at same time) but can't be complacent as both have started their season already. 

I've just returned from Newcastle to see us play against them and Nice in the Sela cup. Only 13 of us on Saturday and 5 on Sunday (in a crowd of avout 30,000!) but got to greet the squad off the bus and had a chat/got photos with the manager and some players).

Hibs looked screwd btw!! Hope to meet you guys in the group stage!

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Anyone have problems buying home tickets for this, my seats were coming up on ticket master during the reserved period. Thanks fully I have them anyway

My season tickets seats seem available but how do you get these into your basket after highlighting?

10 minutes ago, Korky said:

My season tickets seats seem available but how do you get these into your basket after highlighting?

Click on the wee icon that shows you the seat view to the pitch. You add to basket from the pop up screen there

Just now, JimmyCant said:

Click on the wee icon that shows you the seat view to the pitch. You add to basket from the pop up screen there

Thanks bud!

Mr Elwood P
58 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Squad values on transfermarkt

Hearts 14m

Rosenberg 20m

Paok and Haduk Split 50m

A few levels lower than Fiorentina anyway.

KyleLafferty

People going on about squad values:

Celtic €123

Rangers €122

And people expect us to give them a game. 

But we are meant to be up against a team from Croatia or Greece might struggle haha.

john thomas
4 hours ago, Masonic said:

tell u what we have a chance to get the job done. even the bookies fancy it only giving 2/1 on us away from home. we will be favs at tynie. this is a real 50/50 a bit luck or quality could be the difference over the two legs.

devastating having to stream it online though rather than it being on iplayer or bt etc

What will you watch it on ?

I have fire stick but it's not been reliable recently.

First game I've been able to watch last 2 weeks was hibs yesterday. Couldn't get st Johnstone game at all

1 hour ago, Stuart Jack said:

Hello again, your friendly Fiorentina fan here! I saw all the draws today and certainly a few interesting ties. 

Firstly, I wish you guys well for the season ahead. I think you have a good chance of progressing via Rosenborg but a step up for Hajduk or PAOK but never give up!

We played PAOK a few times in recent years, drawing 1-1 away and losing 2-3 at home in 2016 and drawing and winning 0-1 away in 2014. That was with a good team with Mutu and Gilardino too although I've no idea what they're like now but suspect not as good?

We got Rapid Vienna or Debreceni of Hungary. Happy with that (as we had a tough draw against Twente last year at same time) but can't be complacent as both have started their season already. 

I've just returned from Newcastle to see us play against them and Nice in the Sela cup. Only 13 of us on Saturday and 5 on Sunday (in a crowd of avout 30,000!) but got to greet the squad off the bus and had a chat/got photos with the manager and some players).

Hibs looked screwd btw!! Hope to meet you guys in the group stage!

Cheers Stuart.  Been following Fiorentina myself, since my visit to your wonderful city.

24 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Celtic €123

Rangers €122

But we are meant to be up against a team from Croatia or Greece might struggle haha.

Kilmarnock €6.5m 🤭

23 minutes ago, john thomas said:

First game I've been able to watch last 2 weeks was hibs yesterday. Couldn't get st Johnstone game at all

Dunno if you’re using the same provider but I had to re-install recently as some of the back end stuff had changed when they changed the interface and I lost all Scottish football links. Quite quick and easy to do. Took me 10 minutes tops and working like a dream now

4 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Any indication of how many tickets we have sold for Thursday? 

Also anyone know of any ‘cheaper’ places to drink in Trondheim?

Buy a bottle from duty free then sit in your room and get hammered. Thain will save you a small fortune. Won’t see much of Trondheim mind you and remember to set your alarm for game day 🥃👍

Heartsmad1874
27 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Fawanews have streams on their website normally theirs just no commentary

Stuart Jack
1 hour ago, Yoda said:

Cheers Stuart.  Been following Fiorentina myself, since my visit to your wonderful city.

Meraviglioso! 👍

A_A wehatethehibs
2 hours ago, Cameronstheman said:

366068377_1715202098987903_8536259685970

That is mental how these draws throw up these coincidences. He was a good player for us. Bruno Aguiar played some of his best football for Hearts when Karipidis kept things locked down behind him. Be an interesting match up that one, if both Hearts and PAOK can overcome the odds against our respective adversaries 

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

That is mental how these draws throw up these coincidences. He was a good player for us. Bruno Aguiar played some of his best football for Hearts when Karipidis kept things locked down behind him. Be an interesting match up that one, if both Hearts and PAOK can overcome the odds against our respective adversaries 

I was a fan too

A_A wehatethehibs
3 hours ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Anyone listened to the bbc Scottish football podcast? What a farcical load of crap they put out. According to them hearts will face dynamo zagreb if we beat Rosenborg. 

It’s an amateur tin pot setup which should be shut down

Like everything in the public sector, the quality of service suffers because there’s no penalty for failure. They just have an infinite tap of free money regardless what garbage they shart out. 

If people were allowed to unsubscribe, and weren’t subject to intimidation, the BBC would be bust and all out of jobs within days 

4 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

I've had some fantastic days and nights out in Birmingham. Where did you go that was so bad?

Loved doon there Jewellery quarter used to be class ,couple of pubs nightclubs in Handsworth ,Harborne and Selly oak was always good for student nights ,diverse but really friendly welcoming people 

I’d love to play Villa in the final …. but if not I’d settle for playing them home and away in the group stages.

Villa away always a good trip!!

….. but not let’s get ahead of our skis!!

♥️♥️♥️♥️

Edited by Jambo-Fox

8 hours ago, Dazo said:

Does anyone enjoy a trip to Birmingham ? It’s a shithole. 

Usually a good trip there .. if you went with Hearts you would love it or even just go with an open mind and you would have fun ….. party!!

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

Celtic €123

Rangers €122

We'd likely lose a  two legged tie v the OF probably 95 times out 100, with about 50 of them being hammering.

We alway have a chance,  but if we get past Rosenberg,  we'll likley lose 3 or 4 goals away in the other tie.

Watt-Zeefuik
2 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

Celtic €123

Rangers €122

Yeah, the “don’t be scared in Glasgow, have a go they’re there for the taking, we should win the cup/we have no chance at all to beat the third largest team from Dajangavifanibavia that play in front of 3000 fans normally” is really weird and I don’t get it.

john thomas
2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Dunno if you’re using the same provider but I had to re-install recently as some of the back end stuff had changed when they changed the interface and I lost all Scottish football links. Quite quick and easy to do. Took me 10 minutes tops and working like a dream now

Thanks 

john thomas
2 hours ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Fawanews have streams on their website normally theirs just no commentary

Cheers 

Kiss my badge
44 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I’d love to play Villa in the final …. but if not I’d settle for playing them home and away in the group stages.

Villa away always a good trip!!

….. but not let’s get ahead of our skis!!

♥️♥️♥️♥️

Literally just driven past Villa Park they are testing there new disco lights the place was all lit up in maroon (ok i guess it was claret) but it locked pretty impressive.

Ricardo Quaresma
9 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Great post. A city like Edinburgh and a club like Hearts should always be involved at some level of European football. Rosenborg (and Trondheim) and indeed the possible opponents in the next round are all good examples of this. UEFA don't get much right and though it's likely we will see the winners of the Conference League come from the big couple of leagues (unless formats change) the opportunity for clubs like ours to play and fans to enjoy some kind of European football is brilliant so hats off to them for that.

I did conclude the same a few months back, then I remembered that the b'stards took the UEFA cup away in the first place, when they merged the Cup Winner's Cup with it to form the Europa League 😡

Ricardo Quaresma
9 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Far from a foregone conclusion. No Scottish club is a good thing in Europe. Evidence of that can be seen all over the results in recent years. 

I saw Hacken, they were utter baws, neilson against sheep, kille and midden stuff; knocked out the CL by a Faroese team that crusaders would have demolished

Ricardo Quaresma
9 hours ago, Voice of reason said:

Not sure about that. Hacken are currently 2nd in the Swedish league, halfway through their season and with a squad value well in excess of Aberdeen’s. Obviously winnable but Aberdeen couldn’t get a shot on target against the mighty Livingston. I’d hardly say they should be guaranteed to win.

See the reply above

Luckies1874
13 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

See the reply above

So are you suggesting that the Swedish League is brutal then? It's clearly a decent draw for Aberdeen but to suggest it's a foregone conclusion that they win seems a stretch. 

20 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I saw Hacken, they were utter baws, neilson against sheep, kille and midden stuff; knocked out the CL by a Faroese team that crusaders would have demolished

So Hacken might only win their home leg by five?

Ricardo Quaresma
8 hours ago, Jack Torrance said:

Whoever we face is gonna get Tagawa'd. Confident we'll be in the groups...

:yas:

Kirk Mccoy GIF - Kirk Mccoy Nod - Discover & Share GIFs

Ricardo Quaresma
8 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Rosenborg seem to have found their form since appointing a new manager. Five wins and a draw in their last six games.

This is going to be a very tough tie. I don’t think it’s beyond us though.

The amount of reds and pens in their favour would make even h*bs blush, in the last few games

Ricardo Quaresma
8 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Europe should be enjoyment, and bonus money. Not that we get a choice, Greeks though look the less likely of the 2 to me, got to get past the Northerners first though

Yes, let's get back to first things first, with added incentive, now we know we will face opposition that will struggle at Tynecastle :smuggy:

Ricardo Quaresma
8 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

They’re not out. Exactly the same as we are not out. Hibs are not out either. neither are Split. The possible clashes, however remote you think they are, for this round are fixed well ahead (by 6pm tomorrow) I predict Hibs tie will be reversed. It solves all the possible issues with one change 

I don't care what you think, whether it's fact or not; haven't you noticed this?

Ricardo Quaresma
7 hours ago, joondalupjambo said:

Just the twice last season.

Ah, the calamitous 0-4 capitulation to rangers where Devlin get redded, the first two goals

Nah, they dinnae count :smuggy:

• davemclaren changed the title to Hearts in Europe: 23/24 : v Rosenborg - Away leg on Hearts ppv ( updated )