Toby

Absolute Scenes

Absolute Scenes

Have defended him and love him but he single handedly cost us a win tonight. Ridiculous brain fart. We’d have won that game and gone into Saturday playing for third. We’re now going in to stop us finishing 5th. Unacceptable and we need to upgrade

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• OTT

• bigfatskinnyjambo97

Top Posters In This Topic

An experienced centre back beside him might turn things right for him. If not he’ll be gone. Youngish guy learning his position. But he makes a lot of mistakes. 

3 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Have defended him and love him but he single handedly cost us a win tonight. Ridiculous brain fart. We’d have won that game and gone into Saturday playing for third. We’re now going in to stop us finishing 5th. Unacceptable and we need to upgrade

Get him in midfield

Hearts of Vladland

Zal was called a bombscare for a lot less than him and Hill have done multiple times this season, if they both cut that out the mistakes they wouldn’t be at Hearts.

Diadora Van Basten

On the deck he’s like Virgil Van Dyke.

When the ball is in the air he is worse than useless.

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, CMc said:

Let’s not do this. 

I don’t want to slate the lad because I’m delighted how far he’s come this season. But that mistake has come at the absolutely most horrible time. Had he left the ball for Clark, we’re currently celebrating a win and in the mix for 3rd. 

1 minute ago, CMc said:

Let’s not do this. 

Pointless appealing.

There's another Neilson thread ffs.

Read it and weep mate.

Does the right thing 90% of the time, makes a mistake and that's what everyone sees. 🤷🏻‍♂️ They're no robots. 

hmfc_liam06
Just now, Hearts of Vladland said:

Zal was called a bombscare for a lot less than him and Hill have done multiple times this season, if they both cut that out the mistakes they wouldn’t be at Hearts.

I’m fed up hearing the “if a player didn’t have flaws they wouldn’t be at Hearts” line that gets trotted out.

I expect the absolute basics to be done. Sibbick (and others) regularly fail to do the basics. It’s not good enough.

A young defender made a really bad mistake. I don't think we are strong enough at the back and to be honest I think most of our defence are bang average, apart from Cochrane

Sibbick has potential though, needs halkett beside him to improve his game

indianajones

Probably best not to lay into him before an important game at the weekend. 

He has cost us many goals this season but he's improving overall. 

High profile error tonight which can happen when you’re a centre back. In isolation it’s unfortunate.

But this guy is sadly culpable (along with Rowles) almost every week in the goals we lose. Losing his man, not picking up, getting beaten in the air.

He seems a top guy and I really like him but he simply cannot start games for Hearts at CB. Otherwise we will always leak goals like we have done all season

Bongo 1874

Get him in midfield, but don't blame Naismith as we have no-one else.

Robbie should be ashamed with what he's left us with.

gorgierulesapply88
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

An experienced centre back beside him might turn things right for him. If not he’ll be gone. Youngish guy learning his position. But he makes a lot of mistakes. 

Helander 👀

Toby has bags of potential.  Lighting fast.  Get rid of the brain fasts and get stronger in the air and we have a player on our hands.

4 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I don’t want to slate the lad because I’m delighted how far he’s come this season. But that mistake has come at the absolutely most horrible time. Had he left the ball for Clark, we’re currently celebrating a win and in the mix for 3rd. 

You don’t want to slate him…But you’ll start a thread to slate him? :thumbsup:

Edited by iantjambo

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Get him tae feck.

Could do everything haring does, as well as adding pace, athleticism etc to midfield. 

heisenberg86
2 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Our inability to sign a CB has cost us. 

This. The fact we never signed an experienced CB in January has cost us big time 

Absolute Scenes
3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Does the right thing 90% of the time, makes a mistake and that's what everyone sees. 🤷🏻‍♂️ They're no robots. 

When the mistake costs you a win, and the chance to win third next week then it gets called out above the good things you do

kingantti1874

Like Toby but that was a terrible mistake at exactly the wrong time.

decent today but 2 absolutely abysmal goals to concede 

Edited by kingantti1874

Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

When the mistake costs you a win, and the chance to win third next week then it gets called out above the good things you do

That's ridiculously unrealistic to have an expectation that players can't make mistakes. 

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

You don’t want to slate him…But you’ll start a thread to slate him? :thumbsup:

Calling out mistakes isn’t slating, it’s holding him accountable 

Gordon Ramsay

Made a mistake but they had more than enough chances to win the game. Second half was dreadful. 

In Scottish football you need a big no nonsense dominant centre back.

We don’t have one and it’s cost us lots of goals and 3rd place! 

You can add Devlin to that. All the composure of a junkie on a come down.  

I'm also going to add the absolute mouth breathing frauds in our football department. We pay an awful lot of money to so called "football people" who are supposed to know more than your average fan, and we all knew our defence was soft as shite and needing experience, so we sign... James Hill a 20 year old with virtually no experience. Had we brought in an experienced "Heid the baw" type defender, we'd have had a good enough partner for Rowles and we'd have picked up enough points to finish 3rd. 

I'm so pissed off at how much of a ****ing let down the folk running the football team actually are. You need experienced defenders, because experience usually buys you composure which means less mistakes in crucial moments and as we've seen time, and time and time again this season, we love a mistake in a crucial moment because we have no experience in key areas at the back. 

Yes, we can blame Toby, but if our squad was being managed correctly we'd have had an experienced defender brought in which would have relegated Toby to either the bench, or midfield (where his ball playing ability could be better utilised). 

We've taken two soft defenders and paired them up with each other. What did we expect to happen? Does anyone in our football department actually have any common sense? They are too alike to get the best out of each other, and neither is the clear leader. You build teams from the back, and our defence is like a ****ing tea cake - soft in the middle. You can't build a successful team that leaks totally avoidable goals every ****ing week. We should have beat Hibs, we should have beat St Mirren, we should have won tonight (I don't care if Rangers at Ibrox, they were not at the races today and still we couldn't get it over the line). 

Losing 3rd is entirely a failure of our own making and totally self inflicted by the idiots we trust to run our football department. They should not be taking a wage if the average fan in the stand can point out glaring gaps in their squad building with common ****ing sense. 

kingantti1874
Just now, Lambo85 said:

In Scottish football you need a big no nonsense dominant centre back.

We don’t have one and it’s cost us lots of goals and 3rd place! 

It has aye. That and the players downing tools for 10 games. 

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Calling out mistakes isn’t slating, it’s holding him accountable 

Starting a thread, to make him personally responsible for us not winning tonight, is slating him.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
3 minutes ago, heisenberg86 said:

This. The fact we never signed an experienced CB in January has cost us big time 

The signing strategy has been a total failure. The buck stops with savage.

Personally I want rid of savage, I think he is to blame for a raft of useless signings. 

Anyway this season has been a waste of time, with a lot of duds signed. 

There needs to be a clean sweep from top to bottom. 

No Idle Talk

He has flaws that show up fairly regularly at centre back. Push him forward into the role Peter Haring is playing.

I'm not going to sit here and slaughter him. He's likeable and he is a player who has something to offer Hearts. He's had a nightmare moment tonight but these things happen. 

Pans Jambo
11 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Get him tae feck.

Sadly, im in this camp now. 

“Theres a player in there”

Well let another club find it!!!

Edited by Pans Jambo

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Starting a thread, to make him personally responsible for us not winning tonight, is slating him.

He is personally responsible, fact. That mistake cost us, show me where I’ve slated him? 

Aye that was a bridge too far for me tonight. Still think he can become a really good player but he needs carried by better around him to develop and we haven't got that option.

It wasn't just him though. The whole back 4 were a complete and utter embarrassment at the first goal.

13 minutes ago, stotty said:

Get him in midfield

I’ve been saying that for weeks!

We all like him but if we go through the season it is a lot of errors. A lot. Even in last ten games responsible or partly responsible for maybe 6 goals. 

hmfc_liam06
2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

The mistake wasn’t long after his head knock so I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt 

Does he get one every week?