***Official St Mirren v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Bob Loblaw
25 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Can’t tell if this is Boyce in full training.. 🤔 

Naismith said at yesterday's press conference that him and Beni took part in the full session but won't be rushing them.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Cruyff

• Pasquale for King

On 07/05/2023 at 17:19, Weonly151 said:

Same again, thats all I can ask. If we play like we have the last 2 matches I'll have no complaints. Only change will be enforced,Kingsley for Corchrane and maybe Natty back in for Hill.

I hope you are correct about Kingsley rather than Halliday.

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Chimp said:

For what reason? Hill was outstanding against Celtic and doesn't deserve to lose his place. Unless he's picked up an injury?

Probably should’ve expanded on that, just to have a more attacking player in a must win game. 
He was good and may replace one of the CHs to deal with Main. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I hope you are correct about Kingsley rather than Halliday.

🤞, Halliday cant play in a fast paced get the ball forward quickly type team. 

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Probably should’ve expanded on that, just to have a more attacking player in a must win game. 

Yeah Atkinson will definitely offer more going forward. Although Hill's long throw ins could be an even bigger asset. You're basically getting the equivalent of a corner any time you get a throw in in their half. Nightmare to defend as well, can sometimes cause more chaos than an actual corner due to the way the ball dips.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Chimp said:

Yeah Atkinson will definitely offer more going forward. Although Hill's long throw ins could be an even bigger asset. You're basically getting the equivalent of a corner any time you get a throw in in their half. Nightmare to defend as well, can sometimes cause more chaos than an actual corner due to the way the ball dips.

Definitely, I said that last week and we did actually win some headers for a change. With Kingsley on the other side we might need a more up and down all day attacking RB but we will see tomorrow i suppose. 

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I know that's why I said I hope it is Kingsley that plays.

Halliday has done ok for us but his lack of pace ad ability to move the ball quickly doesn't fit with what Naisy is doing.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

I know that's why I said I hope it is Kingsley that plays.

Halliday has done ok for us but his lack of pace ad ability to move the ball quickly doesn't fit with what Naisy is doing.

Definitely. 

4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Absolutely right. He has had some fantastic moments but they’re few and far between. Hopefully Naismith can get Kingsley firing like he has with a few other players. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Absolutely right. He has had some fantastic moments but they’re few and far between. Hopefully Naismith can get Kingsley firing like he has with a few other players. 

SN seems to be good at talking to the players and getting the best out of them, he played with a few of them which will help obviously. 

Diadora Van Basten
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

SN seems to be good at talking to the players and getting the best out of them, he played with a few of them which will help obviously. 

You could see at the sponsors evening it must be difficult to communicate with the players as it is such a big squad and there are definitely cliques in it. 

Naismith is a good communicator though and I think his message is fairly straightforward to understand.

Hope we scud them!

Same team as Celtic last weekend only change i would make is the Kingsley for Cochrane enforced change,

3-0 to us with eberdeen and h1b5 drawing would be magic.

Got to be the same team as Celtic but Kingsley in for Cochrane. Keep the momentum of good performances going. Need a win so let’s hope we can match our home performances with a performance away from home

Same again, thats all I can ask. If we play like we have the last 2 matches I'll have no complaints. Only change will be enforced,Kingsley for Corchrane and maybe Natty back in for Hill.

Why would Natty be in for Hill when Hill was first class against Celtic?

No Idle Talk

Whatever happens tomorrow, I am sitting here tonight buzzing for the game. What I have seen in the last two games has been good to watch and has excited me. I hope to see more of the same tomorrow. 

Without shitting on Robbie, it's a far cry from the last few matches under Robbie where the team had quite clearly lost its way. It was so depressing to watch. 

St Mirren are no mugs but we are more than good enough to go and get the three points tomorrow. 

Come on the JT's! 

I can’t go due to illness, so ticket is available for face value. It will need to be picked up from tynecastle. PM me. 

Have to win, simple as that, or its game over.

Confident enough tho, so

1-3 Hearts and a draw at pittodrie 🤞

Today is the real test for Naisy. Last 2 games have been very positive, but we all know how the away form is. If he can get near the level of the last 2 games then I’m confident we can win. Anything less and it will be a draw at best. 

pettigrewsstylist

We will need 2 goals today i reckon. I think Natty could feature for that reason.

Hill was decent last week tho against quality opposition. Tough one to call RB today.

The rest should pick themselves really, due to the need to win.

upgotheheads
5 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

We will need 2 goals today i reckon. I think Natty could feature for that reason.

Hill was decent last week tho against quality opposition. Tough one to call RB today.

After last week's performance it would be very difficult to leave Hill out. Natty could be a very useful weapon off the bench for his attacking play later in the game.

13 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Would be v harsh on Hill. Plus, today is against a big bunch of cloggers. He’s got better attributes to deal with the likes of Main than Natty. Plus, his long throw is a very useful weapon. 

I suspect the only change will be Kingsley for Cochrane.

Today feels like a cup final. Let’s get these 3 points and whatever happens elsewhere, happens 🇱🇻

8 hours ago, Thomaso said:

48F797B0-68AF-497F-AD8A-441DD9C310EC.jpeg

The Treasurer

We need to concentrate on doing our own job, what happens elsewhere is out of our hands. 

As others have said, this will be a real test for Naismith, it's one thing beating a very poor County side and putting on a good show against sellik, but this game will give us a better indication of his managerial qualities 

pettigrewsstylist
11 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

We need to concentrate on doing our own job, what happens elsewhere is out of our hands. 

As others have said, this will be a real test for Naismith, it's one thing beating a very poor County side and putting on a good show against sellik, but this game will give us a better indication of his managerial qualities 

Biggest game of season so far in my mind. Preparing them to be relaxed enough to play, knowing whats at stake, will be test of his management skills.

Clark Griswold

I’m quietly confident ahead of today, gonna go for 2-1 or 3-1 us.

The race for third is out of our hands as we all know, all we can do is give 100% and get the victory and hope Aberdeen drop points at home and lose away.

Regardless, if we fail to get third, it can’t be attributed to Naisy - not his fault as the damage was already done

9 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Not saying he will be but Hill is the better defender and Atkinson much more attack minded. Wouldn’t surprise me if Atkinson played.  

The White Cockade

Keeping fingers crossed today but our away form has been woeful

Hoping Oda fit after going off last week

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I fecking hate these Septic wannabees.

Destroy them please Hearts!

This

38 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not saying he will be but Hill is the better defender and Atkinson much more attack minded. Wouldn’t surprise me if Atkinson played.  

Not a chance - we need Hill’s strength against the bunch of hammer throwers.

22 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Sorry I may be getting this wrong - are you suggesting we bring in Natty to deal with Main?

Bazzas right boot

2-2.

Or 6-3  us.

Last game was 50/50 and was all about the first goal.

We need to deal with Main better and not make him look like the world's greatest centre forward. 

He bullied our entire defence last time. 

Captain Sausage

Must. Win. Game. 

Firstly, we need to get three points. Absolutely essential. 

Then we’ve got to hope that Hibs take a point at Pittodrie. 

Those two things happen and suddenly 3rd place is back in our gift. 

Pasquale for King
17 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

You could see at the sponsors evening it must be difficult to communicate with the players as it is such a big squad and there are definitely cliques in it. 

Naismith is a good communicator though and I think his message is fairly straightforward to understand.

Yeah that would’ve been interesting to see, probably something SN would have experienced at his other clubs though and Identified as a problem. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
11 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Natty was excellent against Ross County where we had to attack/win?

Pasquale for King
41 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Sorry I may be getting this wrong - are you suggesting we bring in Natty to deal with Main?

No keep Hill in to do so, Rowles was bullied last time by Main. I just think SN will want to go on the attack from the start and with Kingsley on the left we will need a more up and down all day RB. Tough choice though..

pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

No keep Hill in to do so, Rowles was bullied last time by Main. I just think SN will want to go on the attack from the start and with Kingsley on the left we will need a more up and down all day RB. Tough choice though..

Yip, Cochranes absence doing that on the left doing that is why i think Atty may get nod. Didnt Hill play full 90 as CB against them last time?