***Official St Mirren v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

Who cares about the OF? These are the games we need to win, I've got faith that Naisyball can do it.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Cruyff

• Pasquale for King

Gorgie_Rules

Correct. Any chance we have of 3rd place now hinges on this one, fail to win and its all over. A win and Hibs taking anything from Pittodrie and its pretty much back in our hands looking at the fixtures.

Of the back of the Ross County game and a more spirited performance against Celtic we go into this with a bit more confidence.

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

Weonly151

Same again, thats all I can ask. If we play like we have the last 2 matches I'll have no complaints. Only change will be enforced,Kingsley for Corchrane and maybe Natty back in for Hill.

Must win. Players won’t be too down after today from a confidence perspective, so let’s use the frustration that our advantage.

The Treasurer

We need to challenge the Cochrane red card, we could do with him for this and all the other games 

pheonix55
1 hour ago, GBJambo said:

Challenge the Cochrane red. We will win that on appeal 

Can we challenge that Red Card though? Does it not have to be a card for violent or reckless conduct?

1 minute ago, pheonix55 said:

Can we challenge that Red Card though? Does it not have to be a card for violent or reckless conduct?

Aye we can challenge any red. It’s just two yellows you can’t challenge. 

Diadora Van Basten
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Aye we can challenge any red. It’s just two yellows you can’t challenge. 

Don’t think we will win the challenge based on the views of the pundits on Sportscene tonight.

We are probably luckier than we think as Rangers were very fortunate to beat Aberdeen today.

gregzy2k7

We need to win to have any chance of finishing 3rd lose or draw and it's over imo as I think aberdeen will beat hibs, 3rd hanging by a thread now, we need the 9 points from all games outside the OF to have any chance.

5 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Don’t think we will win the challenge based on the views of the pundits on Sportscene tonight.

We are probably luckier than we think as Rangers were very fortunate to beat Aberdeen today.

Is it a 1  game suspension? It would be a pointless appeal

Geoff Kilpatrick

To me, 3rd has gone now. This is the the sort of game that will test Naismith and his potential managerial career at HMFC.

2-1

Oda and Rowles

8 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

At least Kingsley looked ok when he came on. 

TexasAndy

This game is massive.  I wanted to see how Naismith would approach yesterday considering how we have meekly surrendered to OF in recent times.  It was a breath of fresh air watching get up the park and harass them into mistakes.  Who knows what result we could have got with 11.  Now on to St Liedown.  One of those places we have huffed, puffed and laboured.  If we can go into this with the same gusto and tempo as yesterday then I can see us getting the result that will have Tynecastle rocking when the sheep roll in.  

pettigrewsstylist
16 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Who cares about the OF? These are the games we need to win, I've got faith that Naisyball can do it.

Hope we are hammering our defence all week with the reality of what next weekend requires.

Suspect we will still need to score minimum 2 to take 3 points.

Wee Mikey

I've only just noticed that the H1b5 v The Rangers on Sun 21st May kicks off at 12:00 with our match v the 🐑 kicking off at 12:30.

Hopefully at around 13:50 a resounding cheer engulfs Tynecastle. 😎

No Idle Talk

Must win game. Simple as that. After Sunday I am confident we will rise to the occasion. 

SwindonJambo
8 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

I've only just noticed that the H1b5 v The Rangers on Sun 21st May kicks off at 12:00 with our match v the 🐑 kicking off at 12:30.

Hopefully at around 13:50 a resounding cheer engulfs Tynecastle. 😎

Ummm, our game’s on the Saturday 😉

Wee Mikey
2 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Ummm, our game’s on the Saturday 😉

So it is ... and here was I thinking that these matches were supposed to be played concurrently. Silly me.

In that case, is it an advantage to play 1st and get points on the board, or do H1b5 have some kind of advantage knowing what it is they have to do?

Arguments both ways, I suppose.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'm all for Naismith on last 2 home games, be good to see how he goes about an away game. If this goes well, he should be the likely candidate. 

Tynecastle is going to look after itself 

SwindonJambo
1 minute ago, Wee Mikey said:

So it is ... and here was I thinking that these matches were supposed to be played concurrently. Silly me.

In that case, is it an advantage to play 1st and get points on the board, or do H1b5 have some kind of advantage knowing what it is they have to do?

Arguments both ways, I suppose.

I’d always rather have the points in the bag. Anyway the battle for 4th really is for the crumbs from the top table. Other than league placings prize money it’s the difference between 2 2 legged qualifiers to get into the Europa League or 3. Both of which carry very slim chances of reaching the group stage for a Scottish club, which is why our appalling run of defeats to teams we normally beat comfortably was so damaging.

A must win game for us and after the change in the way we 've played the last two games I'm confident we will do it. 3-1 to the Jambos.

Ford Prentice
On 08/05/2023 at 09:29, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Any tickets left for this game?

200 released this morning. 115+ points. 

This will decide if we have a chance for third. Win and draw at Pittodrie and it could be back in our hands. Biggest game of the season imho in naisy   we trust .

Ex member of the SaS
On 07/05/2023 at 16:45, tartofmidlothian said:

We have Sevco on the 24th and I feel we could take something from this game too,  so still a slim chance. Play like we did against Celtic and we WILL get a win, Sevco are in trouble with Fat boy and Kent not playing.

Edited by Ex member of the SaS

On 07/05/2023 at 16:45, tartofmidlothian said:

This is the team that Naismith thought he was going to manage until they appointed Robinson.

So hopefully he will be trying his hardest to motivate our players into a win and show them what they have missed.

Agree if we get 3 on saturday have a feeling we will get something at Hunbrox. 

Saturday will be the key fingers and toes crossed we get the points ......

32 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Referee David Dickenson

That doesn't fill me with confidence at all.  He's had some awful matches. 

Referee:David Dickinson

AR1 Gordon Crawford

AR2 Gary Hilland

Fourth Official Graham Grainger

VAR Alan Newlands (fourth official at the Hearts' v Celtic  match just recent). 

AVAR Graham McNeillie

Just need to stick to the task at hand and hope everything goes well.   Hopefully we have a fit squad as well. 

I just spotted N Walsh next game 😂

Spoiler

Aberdeen v Hibernian 

not sure if I'm delighted or not yet.   

We are at home against a team we should comfortably beat. 2-0 Hearts. I'm sure the players will bounce back after Sundays result. I think SN will have them properly prepared. 

Gorgierools
39 minutes ago, Marvin said:

We are at home against a team we should comfortably beat. 2-0 Hearts. I'm sure the players will bounce back after Sundays result. I think SN will have them properly prepared. 

Except we're not at home!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
21 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Can’t tell if this is Boyce in full training.. 🤔 

:interehjrling:

We_are_the_Hearts

Looking forward to a good away day tomorrow, Bowling club in Paisley then game. After the shit shows of Aberdeen, Motherwell and Kilmarnock I have a feeling we will the real Hearts back again tomorrow. No worrying about them, just concentrate on how we hurt them

We_are_the_Hearts
22 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Can’t tell if this is Boyce in full training.. 🤔 

Boyce and Beni back in full training. Both unlucky to play this season though

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Same team as last week but Atkinson to replace Hill. 

For what reason? Hill was outstanding against Celtic and doesn't deserve to lose his place. Unless he's picked up an injury?