***Official St Mirren v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Bazzas right boot
Just now, alicante jambo said:

1st that comes into my head is the sending off for utd at tynie 3_1 game. We were struggling against them even against the 10 men we struggled. We have been discussing performances since the last 8 games from last season. We struggle against the utter dross in the league. Not many times i have walked out of tynie this season and thought i have just seen a good performance.

Eh, we beat them 4-1 iirc?

So 1 decision has went for us.... not sure how it went for us either tbh.

If you've watched us at home and mostly thought that then the issue is with you.

We've had great home form over the last 2 seasons with many exciting games and some big wins.

Our home form must be up

there with the best few seasons in the last 4 decades, definitely top percentile- without checking.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Cruyff

• Pasquale for King

alicante jambo
2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Eh, we beat them 4-1 iirc?

So 1 decision has went for us.... not sure how it went for us either tbh.

If you've watched us at home and mostly thought that then the issue is with you.

We've had great home form over the last 2 seasons with many exciting games and some big wins.

Our home form must be up

there with the best few seasons in the last 4 decades, definitely top percentile- without checking.

I appologise if im wrong but im sure we beat them 3_1 at tynie humphries scored a belter. They got a player sent off it totally changed the game. Its not just me bazza its a common theme on the supporters bus our conversations about how bad the football is. Mate i want the same as you but the football we have been playing for months bar the ross county game and celtic last week as the effort was there has been dire. Im normally positive and still reckon with a bit of luck we can get third but we are also in danger of ending up 5th or 6th.

Bazzas right boot
16 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I only backed him too long if we improve exponentially after he left.

He remains statistically our best manager of the modern era:

Did I back him too long last time? Because the final act of his last departure was that we got eventually got relegated after a long painful decline after he left.

So Robbie leaving Hearts doesn’t always work out that great - we should remember that before we glibly want to appoint a rookie manager just because the players run around a bit more under him.

Been my argument in every change of manager, it's only a good decision if we get an immediate bounce or have time to reset and implement a long term plan like Bob first time or like Aterta at Arsenal. 

West Ham seen the wood from the trees and stuck with Moyes and have benefited from that.

They ofc may change in he summer but they stuck as the other choice was a complete gamble.

We have thrown the dice, but More and more it looks like a divided camp and Bob was caught in a power struggle with Savage, the team fell apart, our form crashed and he was sacked in 4th place. 

Far too  many on here championed things like we have by far the best squad outside the OF, Bobs holding us back, etc .

A lot of shite. 

Lots of issues and if Bob was one it's coming clear he wasn't the biggest issue.

I Dread the thought of nose diving like last time he left after the phoodle gang got their way.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

ford donald
15 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

I said a while back we need to drop the Christian fellowship that runs our club and get back to the Romanov mentality.

we need a tough manager, someone who takes no nonsense, jj type. naismith is not ready yet,needs more experience,am sure in time he will be ready.

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

I appologise if im wrong but im sure we beat them 3_1 at tynie humphries scored a belter. They got a player sent off it totally changed the game. Its not just me bazza its a common theme on the supporters bus our conversations about how bad the football is. Mate i want the same as you but the football we have been playing for months bar the ross county game and celtic last week as the effort was there has been dire. Im normally positive and still reckon with a bit of luck we can get third but we are also in danger of ending up 5th or 6th.

Ahh, aye, it was 4-1 the first time. 

Disagree,  I think at home we've been generally good.

Someone,  if they like  can compare the points , goals etc and imo the last two seasons will rate highly in our modern history. 

We won't win every game 6-1 and play like we did v Ross county, I don't have that expectation.

I know we’ll have some close, competitive games, that's just football imo.

A close win, or battling win is part and parcel and often more exciting than a stroll.

Football is a competitive sport, not a theatre show.

You are correct, We could end up 3rd or 6th, if we continue our home form and away form we'll get 2 wins and a drubbing from rangers.

We could also win all 3 or lose all 3, I've no idea now tbh.

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Been my argument in every change of manager, it's only a good decision if we get an immediate bounce or have time to reset and implement a long term plan like Bob first time or like Aterta at Arsenal. 

West Ham seen the wood from the trees and stuck with Moyes and have benefited from that.

They ofc may change in he summer but they stuck as the other choice was a complete gamble.

We have thrown the dice, but More and more it looks like a divided camp and Bob was caught in a power struggle with Savage, the team fell apart, our form crashed and he was sacked in 4th place. 

Far too  many on here championed things like we have by far the best squad outside the OF, Bobs holding s back, etc .

A lot of shite. 

Lots of issues and if Bob was one it's coming clear he wasn't the biggest issue.

I Dread the thought of nose diving like last time he left after the phoodle gang got their way.

Where's the evidence of a power struggle with Savage?

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Soonbe110  is strongly hinting at disagreements from the off  between Bob and Savage.

Luckies1874

Neilson failed this season. That he isn't the only failure is no reason to defend him, it just goes to show that those running the club are once again doing a subpar and incompetent job. Hearts underachieving as per usual. Simple as that. 

18 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Soonbe110  is strongly hinting at disagreements from the off  between Bob and Savage.

As well as the World Cup Aussies causing problems. That only highlights a weakness in Robbie dealing with the group or @soonbe110is talking absolute shite. 

6 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Neilson failed this season. That he isn't the only failure is no reason to defend him, it just goes to show that those running the club are once again doing a subpar and incompetent job. Hearts underachieving as per usual. Simple as that. 

I fell for the Savage we want to win the title nonsense. Just get on with it quietly if you have those ambitions. It was done to mug us off and hide his limitations. If he ****s up this window the over bearing self promoter can F off. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

As well as the World Cup Aussies causing problems. That only highlights a weakness in Robbie dealing with the group or @soonbe110is talking absolute shite. 

Maybe, but a manager sacked then 2 players binned before the seasons ended with all to play for indicates  a shit show of sorts behind the scenes. 

But if it's easier just  to blame Bob, then that's OK as well.

For me, @soonbe110 doesn't talk shite  and things don't seem right behind the scenes.

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

Maybe, but a manager sacked then 2 players binned before the seasons ended with all to play for indicates  a shit show of sorts behind the scenes. 

For me, @soonbe110 doesn't talk shite  and things don't seem right behind the scenes.

It indicates that we're moving on players that have no future here and we'll concentrate on those that do. 

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Always a bit sceptical about these kinds of rumours, any truth in them has been exaggerated normally. Funny how these seemingly long running problems come to light when things are going wrong, not when things are going right (despite the rumour making out this has been a long term problem)

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Disagree with the last point, I actually like him but his accuracy rates is very hit and miss.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

It indicates that we're moving on players that have no future here and we'll concentrate on those that do. 

That's what pre season is for.

It's not normal practice,  it's done during the transfer window normally not when you are fighting to save the season. 

That's what pre season is for.

It's not normal practice,  it's done during the transfer window normally not when you are fighting to save the season. 

Why would we keep players that are blowing out their arse after 10 minutes? 

Placid Casual

Couldn’t get tickets for our end, so was in the Main Stand. They were sick as **** at the end. Funny.

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

You fail to grasp that the buck stops with the manager. 

What caused the shit show? Poor man management? 

Snodgrass and Humps who are both vocal leaving early is no coincidence in my opinion. 

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Why would we keep players that are blowing out their arse after 10 minutes? 

Because he's scored goals for us and we might need players to help us win games.

It's not normal to start binning players with 3 games left or when we binned Snodgrass.

Clearly there are other  Non football issues in play behind the scenes. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

You fail to grasp that the buck stops with the manager. 

What caused the shit show? Poor man management? 

Snodgrass and Humps who are both vocal leaving early is no coincidence in my opinion. 

Tbf, the buck stops further up than the manager.

Vocal in what tho, not happy with what?

That is the important point that tbh we'll not know?

Are certain groups or players being preferred, internal politics, support for Neilson being wiped out, anti Savage discontent?

Who knows.

The point is , it's not normal to start clearing the players out before the season has ended with all to play for. 

It indicates a shit show of sorts behind the scenes, of what nature I don't know but things clearly aren't right.

Tbf, the buck stops further up than the manager.

Vocal in what tho, not happy with what?

That is the important point that tbh we'll not know?

Are certain groups or players being preferred, internal politics, support for Neilson being wiped out, anti Savage discontent?

Who knows.

The point is , it's not normal to start clearing the players out before the season has ended with all to play for. 

It indicates a shit show of sorts behind the scenes, of what nature I don't know but things clearly aren't right.

You’ve all but answered your own question. Maybe this is the club and Naismith dealing with the shit show that’s been happening behind the scenes. 

Bad Religion

One thing both Levein and Neilson were good at, leaving the club in a complete mess as they depart well past their sell by date.  

Circus from top to bottom. 

27 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Because he's scored goals for us and we might need players to help us win games.

It's not normal to start binning players with 3 games left or when we binned Snodgrass.

Clearly there are other  Non football issues in play behind the scenes. 

Aye, we're looking forward and getting shot of players that have no future here. A few more willing be joining him shortly.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Aye, we're looking forward and getting shot of players that have no future here. A few more willing be joining him shortly.

Aye, during the summer,  like normal.

4 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Aye, during the summer,  like normal.

Is it possible he is just in a bad place mentally - issue with wages, not getting game time, nightly injuries etc. and better for all concerned that he is not about the squad. He looks out of shape and has not put in the same performances the last couple months. 

Edited by karipidis

Tom Hardy’s Dug
4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

As an outside observer I saw it.

I saw it last August and Jan when Robbie was fairly desperately asking for/wanting extra players and a RCB replacement for Souttar.

Which he didn’t get.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 hours ago, Bad Religion said:

One thing both Levein and Neilson were good at, leaving the club in a complete mess as they depart well past their sell by date.  

Circus from top to bottom. 

Levein left twice.

He left us in a mess once. He left us in euro group stages the other time.

Robbie has left twice. 2nd the first time, 4th the second.

Redefine your meaning of “mess”

mate because you are not covering yourself in glory so far. 4 departures and only a “mess” in real terms once.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Bazzas right boot
On 13/05/2023 at 10:40, Bazzas right boot said:

2-2.

Or 6-3  us.

Last game was 50/50 and was all about the first goal.

We need to deal with Main better and not make him look like the world's greatest centre forward. 

He bullied our entire defence last time. 

Got a prediction correct.

:omfg:

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Levein left twice.

mate because you are not covering yourself in glory so far. 4 departures and only a “mess” in real terms once.

Another factual post that doesn't fot tbe narrative some are trying to create.

On 13/05/2023 at 17:30, Jambomuzz said:

Anyone got a clip of the haring red?

Yip mate there's one fi Aaron a page or two back 👍

Bad Religion
19 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Levein left twice.

By mess I mean the apparent disharmony he's created throughout the squad.

Factions, cliques, players contracts being terminated prior to the season end. It would appear he was just as unpopular with the players as he was with the fans. 

I still maintain that we have a decent squad that a competent manager will get more out of. All will come out in the wash but hopefully the damage he's done isn't in the main, irreparable.

Edited by Bad Religion