Scam calls

JudyJudyJudy

23 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I've been getting a lot more scam emails lately, Amazon, Netflix, Apple, Paypal etc etc, all saying account needs to be verified blah blah, even had email's from Argos & Curry's wanting account verification, I don't have accounts with Argos or Curry's or some of the others. 😂

Also getting email's from so called professional hackers telling me that they have hacked my computer and have full control of my webcam, social media accounts, files etc etc and if I don't pay $600-$800 in bitcoins they will release some videos of me doing naughty things etc.

Well they'd need to be miracle workers to have control of my webcam and have been recording me, as I don't have a webcam, amongst other things they claim to have access to.

Just phishing crap, must be the cost of living crisis bringing them out in force, but I'll bet they still con some folks with their pish.

Don't get many phone calls, mobile is set to block any unknown number and house phone has caller display so any number I don't know I simply don't answer it.

I've been getting those emails on and off for years. A random website you've given your email address to will have been hacked resulting in your email ending up on a list of targets for this kind of crap.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Ulysses

• Marvin

• henrysmithsgloves

On 09/10/2023 at 13:37, JKB Member C said:

I've been getting those emails from the 'professional hackers'.  When I last got one, last week, I looked up the Bitcoin wallet they wanted paid into and saw that in the previous week, it had received 2 payments totalling over $1300. So some poor buggers must actually fall for it.🤬

If you get another one, if you copy&paste their Bitcoin wallet address into this site and you'll see any transactions on the wallet. https://bitref.com/

I just checked the wallet address on the same dodgy email that I got a couple of weeks ago.

$4203 from 7 transactions over 4 days.

Really sad that people are falling for this shite

Edited by stevieboobs

49 minutes ago, Bindy Badgy said:

I've been getting those emails on and off for years. A random website you've given your email address to will have been hacked resulting in your email ending up on a list of targets for this kind of crap.

Exactly that. 

I know my email (well one of them) was being sold on the dark web following a data breach of a company I'd bought stuff from several years ago.

That's why I'm getting all this shit now, just kept the email address but changed all my passwords.

My main email reached a stage where I was getting in excess of 100 spam emails a day at one point. And then after the news story about the guys in the north of England (may have been Hull) being arrested they very quickly went to 0. 

• 5 weeks later...
il Duce McTarkin

My Mrs got this one on Instagram this morning. Haud oan while I get you mah details, bud...

IMG-20231109-WA0000.thumb.jpg.e89e6912454f6355b9bee59ac625c57a.jpg

17 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

My Mrs got this one on Instagram this morning. Haud oan while I get you mah details, bud...

Seems like a legit arganization to me.

1 hour ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Hope you signed up for that mate. Who doesn’t want to earn £250-£8500 in 25-45 minutes?

3 hours ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

You had me at "London UK government arganization", not gonna lie.

A pleasant good morning xxx, as they say in Whitehall.

4 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

You had me at "London UK government arganization", not gonna lie.

A pleasant good morning xxx, as they say in Whitehall.

The Italian flag was a nice thought

1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

Hope you signed up for that mate. Who doesn’t want to earn £250-£8500 in 25-45 minutes?

Does that mean you earn £250 for the first 25 minutes, and £8,250 for the next 20?

In that case, I think we should send in one of our more gullible Terrace contributors to do the first 25. While they're away happily counting their small change, you and I can do 10 minutes each and split the £8,250.  With my arganizational skills we might even get the shift finished quicker, and still have time to re-negotiate yer man's 20% cut.

:whistling:

1 minute ago, Ulysses said:

Particularly in the circumstances. :eek: :laugh:

I hope I can remember which Schezaniee it is, I have that many as friends already 

25 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Does that mean you earn £250 for the first 25 minutes, and £8,250 for the next 20?

In that case, I think we should send in one of our more gullible Terrace contributors to do the first 25. While they're away happily counting their small change, you and I can do 10 minutes each and split the £8,250.  With my arganizational skills we might even get the shift finished quicker, and still have time to re-negotiate yer man's 20% cut.

:whistling:

I like your way of thinking.

Ker-ching. We just need to find ourselves a sucker.

I can't believe you people. Mocking their spelling impediment or maybe they are a pirate. You all should be ashamed and get on it now. Just think of all the dablooms you will be able to buy

Recently I've been getting Google Verification Code texts on my mobile phone.

First of all, I don't have two step verification set up on my gmail account, nor does Google have my phone number associated with that account either.  I've added them to my blocked list, so at least I won't get pestered at 3.30 am with a text message.  If it comes to it, I'll just close down the gmail account, I don't currently use it, so won't miss it.

Anybody else getting these texts?

Doctor FinnBarr
9 hours ago, iantjambo said:

I like your way of thinking.

Ker-ching. We just need to find ourselves a sucker.

Give me a shout later when the scrumpy kicks in.

:greggy:

13 hours ago, milky_26 said:

I can't believe you people. Mocking their spelling impediment or maybe they are a pirate. You all should be ashamed and get on it now. Just think of all the dablooms you will be able to buy

@iantjambo and I have a business proposition for you...

9 hours ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

Give me a shout later when the scrumpy kicks in.

:greggy:

4 hours ago, Ulysses said:

@iantjambo and I have a business proposition for you...

We need to make a decision Uly 🤔 

il Duce McTarkin
22 hours ago, milky_26 said:

I can't believe you people. Mocking their spelling impediment or maybe they are a pirate. You all should be ashamed and get on it now. Just think of all the dablooms* you will be able to buy

*Doubloons

52 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Does that mean we double our money?

It does.  In fact, while I've been faffing about and not replying to your post, I reckon we've missed out on THOUSANDS.

Soz. :ninja:

I got a text this morning.

My precious child, whose name I can't recall, has broken his or her phone, but thankfully has got a new phone - yet still can't be arsed using that phone to message me, instead using some randomer's phone.

Kids? You try to bring them up right and all you get is abuse.

I also appear to have changed gender.

FML.

Screenshot_20231110_112654_One UI Home.jpg

Edited by Ulysses

8 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

My precious child, whose name I can't recall, has broken his or her phone, but thankfully has got a new phone - yet still can't be arsed using that phone to message me, instead using some randomer's phone.

FML.

Punish them by sending them a link to the Israel-Palestine thread. 

53 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

FML.

Withhold your number and give them abuse. 😁

On 27/04/2023 at 14:21, The Jazz Emu said:

I always politely decline their advances.

There is no need to abuse or take the Mickey out of these people who, let’s face it, are just doing a job like the rest of us.

No they are not, they are involved in criminal activity involving fraud and theft, of your money. You delay them, helps reduce the number f vulnerable callers they get hold of.

On 27/04/2023 at 15:20, Rick James said:

I often have to make outbound phone calls to customers, but we obviously can't disclose sensitive information until we've confirmed it's them. As scam calls have become more common, it's made my job a lot harder. **** them.

Are you really a scammer and this part of the deceit? 

4 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Punish them by sending them a link to the Israel-Palestine thread. 

3 hours ago, JKB Member C said:

Withhold your number and give them abuse. 😁

Outrageous, both of you.

What sort of parent would treat their non-specific oddly random child who can't recall that I'm their dad like that?

I'm reporting both of you to the London Government Child Saving Company xxx.

36 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Outrageous, both of you.

What sort of parent would treat their non-specific oddly random child who can't recall that I'm their dad like that?

I'm reporting both of you to the London Government Child Saving Company xxx.

At least you’re making some financial gain from this harrowing situation. I salute your bravery. 

3 hours ago, H2 said:

No they are not, they are involved in criminal activity involving fraud and theft, of your money. You delay them, helps reduce the number f vulnerable callers they get hold of.

I keep them on the phone by sending them in circles with dummy information. It really pisses them off. I get a kick out of it and some vulnerable person is prevented from being ripped off. 

3 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I keep them on the phone by sending them in circles with dummy information. It really pisses them off. I get a kick out of it and some vulnerable person is prevented from being ripped off. 

Shout down the phone, they really dont like that, 

4 hours ago, H2 said:

Are you really a scammer and this part of the deceit? 

Thankfully no longer in that line of work. Just face to face scamming from now on. :jj:

On 27/04/2023 at 15:20, Rick James said:

I often have to make outbound phone calls to customers, but we obviously can't disclose sensitive information until we've confirmed it's them. As scam calls have become more common, it's made my job a lot harder. **** them.

Know what you mean,  I also deal with sensitive information and get questioned when I go through security with my customers. 

21 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Shout down the phone, they really dont like that, 

I look at Google images of the screen they want me to view such and give them duff info from that. Their rage is most satisfying 😌 

• 4 months later...
Padrone della casa

Anyone with BT shares can expect a scam call offering to buy your shares at 15 times their value. I got one this afternoon.

Harry Potter

🤡 E-Mail from DHL in my spam box, pay 1.99 dollars to receive package, but ive no dollars, muppets

get a life, or a real job ya 🤡s.

• 3 weeks later...
JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

So that's not Kylie that's phoning me😳😂 surely must be a contender for the Darwin awards 🤔

😂😂 nope it’s no . You’ve been had 

henrysmithsgloves
33 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

😂😂 nope it’s no . You’ve been had 

Check this guys channel, funny as ****😂

henrysmithsgloves

Shocking how little jail time this crowd gets,yet conned hundreds of thousands of pounds from people 🤬