The Ashes 2023

ri Alban

Something else from Maxwell today although he looks done.

Would be great if he could get them home considering the position they were in when he came to bat

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Malinga the Swinga

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• RobboM

22 minutes ago, Hannibal said:

Would be great if he could get them home considering the position they were in when he came to bat

Astonishing

201 not out. 202 partnership from 91-7 to win with Cummins not out 12
Finishes 6,6,4,6

Footballfirst
22 minutes ago, Hannibal said:

Incredible hitting to make 200.  An easy chance dropped early in his innings and an LBW review that he thought was going to be out had him halfway to the pavilion. The Afghans will be mad at losing that one.

Malinga the Swinga

Only comparison is Viv Richards scoring over 150 against England in my youth but that was first innings setting a total.

Just astonishing hitting in such an important game.

His value in IPL will have rocketed.

Well done to Cummings as well for hanging around for 68 balls and not getting carried away into thinking he could start smashing it.

Believe the phrase catches win matches has never been more relevant.

• 2 weeks later...

Australia have now won 6 of the last 10 World Cups.

They are out on their own for producing winning teams and delivering. 5 of the 6 away from home, 2 in India.

Malinga the Swinga

Great performance from Australia with a fantastic man of match in Travis Head.

Pressure piled on by a fielding and bowling display from Aussies that India just couldn't cope with.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Mikey1874

Another World Cup for Scotland. T20 in Bangladesh in October. 

Scotland hammered Ireland today to qualify. Some very good performances in this week's qualifier. Another Scottish team improving. Ireland were beating Scotland every game past few years.

Cranston
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Scotland hammered Ireland today to qualify. Some very good performances in this week's qualifier. Another Scottish team improving. Ireland were beating Scotland every game past few years.

👍

Nice one. Always liked cricket. Never got the chance to play it though unfortunately. My school was rugger orientated. I'd love to make it an all day thing, on a nice day, and watch Scotland sometime. Here's hoping. 

Malinga the Swinga
23 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Need to stress this is women's T20 we are talking about. Never in doubt after their top order demolished in early overs. Unlikely we will beat Sri Lankans in final, they thumped us earlier in group, but pressure off as getting to final all important.

Sydney
Posted (edited)

Kathryn Bryce is some player.

The semi final had ireland as strong favourites, but Scotland were outstanding.  Utterly blew them away.  

So now we have the Men and Women both at T20 World Cups this year, Scotland are clearly the "best of the rest" outside full member nations (although we let ourselves down against Netherlands in the ODI qualifier last year), we have quite a few players in a number of county teams and we're going to have the T10 tournament in Scotland this year (which I hope will be a success, but I am not 100% confident).

I'm not sure if we want full member status (there is a lot of infrastructure cost associated with that), but we are definitely moving in the right direction.  Every generation of players seems slightly better than the last one.

All we need now is the weather in Scotland to improve and to get a lot more players playing.  Over the last 50 years it has turned primarily into a private school game in Scotland, and it shouldn't be.  In Australia it is the "national sport" and although private schools have all the money and facilities, it is the grassroots clubs that give the game its popularity.

Edited by Sydney

Mikey1874
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Cranston said:

👍

Nice one. Always liked cricket. Never got the chance to play it though unfortunately. My school was rugger orientated. I'd love to make it an all day thing, on a nice day, and watch Scotland sometime. Here's hoping. 

Depends where you are, but we get a decent amount of international games in Scotland. Play the next World Cricket League 50 over (early qualifying for World Cup) in July at Forfarshire. Obviously we had the T20 qualifiers in Edinburgh last year. Regularly get one off games v test teams usually in Edinburgh.

Meantime slightly naff announcement of T20 World Cup men's squad. Spot the Hearts fan.

Or just here 

Edited by Mikey1874

Mikey1874
On 06/05/2024 at 02:33, Sydney said:

Kathryn Bryce is some player.

The semi final had ireland as strong favourites, but Scotland were outstanding.  Utterly blew them away.  

So now we have the Men and Women both at T20 World Cups this year, Scotland are clearly the "best of the rest" outside full member nations (although we let ourselves down against Netherlands in the ODI qualifier last year), we have quite a few players in a number of county teams and we're going to have the T10 tournament in Scotland this year (which I hope will be a success, but I am not 100% confident).

I'm not sure if we want full member status (there is a lot of infrastructure cost associated with that), but we are definitely moving in the right direction.  Every generation of players seems slightly better than the last one.

All we need now is the weather in Scotland to improve and to get a lot more players playing.  Over the last 50 years it has turned primarily into a private school game in Scotland, and it shouldn't be.  In Australia it is the "national sport" and although private schools have all the money and facilities, it is the grassroots clubs that give the game its popularity.

Groups confirmed 

Malinga the Swinga
12 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Groups confirmed 

That's quite some task that awaits Scotland. Still, only way they'll improve is to meet the best teams head on. As tournament in Bangladesh, pitches will be unlike anything they will have played on so any warm up games will be vital.