Naismith In!!!!

kingantti1874

3 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I think the situation is probably (can't say for sure, obviously) that Naismith is a bit of an outside bet for the job permanently, that the club would be more likely to favour a candidate with at least some prior management experience at a decent level, and that Naismith therefore needs to really have an outstanding overall spell as caretaker till the end of the season to sway the board's view towards giving him the job. In that scenario, it's highly unlikely that his spell will be able to be viewed as outstanding if tomorrow's result isn't an away win.

Agreed, I think they will already be well down the recruitment road. Should be, its nearly five weeks since they sacked Neilson. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• kingantti1874

• GinRummy

• soonbe110

49 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

All sorts of "Nai" options, prize surely for the most imaginative

Naiuse

Naiclue

Naeguid

Naipoints

Naiwins

Naigoals

Naifukinidea

gorgierulesapply88

Just on the way he speaks, and the way i've seen us play it will be interesting to see him in the job proper.

My guess would be as long as they are paying Neilsen, Naismith will be the manager and results unless catastrophic

wont matter. Neilsen blew the season not Naismith.

drumie jambo
1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Nai danger

4 minutes ago, tynie said:

My guess would be as long as they are paying Neilsen, Naismith will be the manager and results unless catastrophic

wont matter. Neilsen blew the season not Naismith.

Don’t think so. They’ll appoint who they reckon is best candidate. Too much money at stake to penny pinch. If we don’t get third this season then we need the personnel in place next year to get it back. That’ll be the focus. 

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Don’t think so. They’ll appoint who they reckon is best candidate. Too much money at stake to penny pinch. If we don’t get third this season then we need the personnel in place next year to get it back. That’ll be the focus. 

Absolutely this. Too many people queuing up with fictional scenarios to have a pop at the club. I don’t believe for a second with the amount of money being pumped into the club penny pinching will be at the forefront of the recruitment process. 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

🤞

Gordon Ramsay
3 hours ago, WageThief said:

From Snoreson to Naigoals

@Gordon Ramsay You can have Naigoals for free if you don't charge me a licence fee for using Snoreson.

😂😂😂😂

2 hours ago, graygo said:

Naiuse

Naiclue

Naeguid

Naipoints

Naiwins

Naigoals

Naifukinidea

Quality over quantity ...

Naisense

2 hours ago, drumie jambo said:

Nai danger

That ☝️ is funny for reasons that I'm simply not going to go into, but it genuinely made me lol.

Although its early days and it's different people (Andrew McKinley rather than Wallace Mercer) I'm getting Alex MacDonald vibes with Naismith.

Inexperienced but the best attitude to football. Could well happen. And there's something about the whole fresh attitude and working with Frankie McAvoy to develop the youth system. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 hours ago, graygo said:

Naiuse

Naiclue

Naeguid

Naipoints

Naiwins

Naigoals

Naifukinidea

Saved best for last  :lol:

TyphoonJambo
13 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Although its early days and it's different people (Andrew McKinley rather than Wallace Mercer) I'm getting Alex MacDonald vibes with Naismith.

Inexperienced but the best attitude to football. Could well happen. And there's something about the whole fresh attitude and working with Frankie McAvoy to develop the youth system. 

I'm getting the same vibe. If he has us playing good football for the next 3 games, and I'm looking beyond individual results,then I'd seriously consider giving him the gig.

6 minutes ago, graygo said:

Can I add Naelicence as a late entry?

Only if I get to add Naibovver.

Edited by Wee Mikey

Lord Beni of Gorgie
37 minutes ago, graygo said:

Can I add Naelicence as a late entry?

:)

of course, competition doesn't end until he is removed 

3 minutes ago, kila said:

Naisense

3 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Quality over quantity ...

Naisense

:waiting:

Greedy Jambo

It's not often i change my mind about someone so quickly, I seen nothing to suggest that Naismith could be a manager after that Hibs game, but the thrashing of Ross County, and the performance against Celtic (up until the red card) were above and beyond what we would have got from Neilson. 

Naisys Tackle
7 hours ago, graygo said:

Naiuse

Naiclue

Naeguid

Naipoints

Naiwins

Naigoals

Naifukinidea

Naistyle Naibottle Naismith oot. 

We in general want a team with an organised defence that moves play forward quickly ( not after 10 pointless and sometimes risky passes ), we want high energy, which means our players need to be fit ( and with a younger average age, maybe even some of our own youth ), a team that competes all over the pitch, players who will look to have a go/shot, and yes play for the jersey. Can Naismith bring these things ? early signs are good to me. I already see signs of improvement, or the  refinding of form in Rowles, Hill, Haring, Devlin, McKay, Cochrane, and Oda given a chance. Those cannot be bad things. I do not see him as the safe Neilson or Levein appointment, as many suggest, and think all he has learned from those two will be not to follow their methods. I would take SN over any of the names mentioned, Robson, Gerrard, McInnes no thanks. I will be looking forward to next season with optimism if SN is given the job. Third place should not be any kind of criteria, SN has not cost us third place, he is trying to salvage it.

Bazzas right boot
22 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Nai fight

Nai bottle

Nai clue

NaismitH oOt

The slogan and and writing on bed sheets brigade don't need  their minds to travel too far.

Ffs, there's already been a "Naismith Oot" thread on here!

15 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

It's not often i change my mind about someone so quickly, I seen nothing to suggest that Naismith could be a manager after that Hibs game, but the thrashing of Ross County, and the performance against Celtic (up until the red card) were above and beyond what we would have got from Neilson. 

So will you be slower to judge in future?

Might as well tell these gutless jobbers what he thinks of them in the dressing room at HT, because he ain’t getting the job

4 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Nai fight

Nai bottle

Nai clue

NaismitH oOt

The slogan and and writing on bed sheets brigade don't need  their minds to travel too far.

Ffs, there's already been a "Naismith Oot" thread on here!

What happened to third?

Greedy Jambo

He may well become a great manager at some point, but now is not the time for him to be Hearts manager. 

Nerja Jambo

I have no confidence the club will appoint any coach which shows some genuine ambition. I hope I'm wrong but their track record is abysmal. We need an experienced ( preferably foreign ) coach with fresh ideas on coaching, tactics, diet etc and I would be perfectly happy to see SN as his assistant for a couple of years. To appoint SN now would turn out to be a disaster as will be the case with Robson at Aberdeen. 

Edited by Nerja Jambo

Gigolo-Aunt

Another defeat unfortunately for Naisy.

Thankfully a lot of folk on this thread are not on the board 

2 minutes ago, Nerja Jambo said:

I have no confidence the club will appoint any coach which shows some genuine ambition. I hope I'm wrong but their track record is abysmal. 

This will be Savages first real input in who we hire. He's the footballing voice on the board. His biggest test as SD? 

bringonthesevco
3 minutes ago, Gigolo-Aunt said:

???

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

This will be Savages first real input in who we hire. He's the footballing voice on the board. His biggest test as SD? 

Savage has not exactly covered himself in glory 

Naisys Tackle
6 minutes ago, Gigolo-Aunt said:

We drew?

Just now, pointon said:

Savage has not exactly covered himself in glory 

He hasn't, his recruitment is questionable but he's still going to have the biggest input into who we hire. Hopefully he gets this one right. 

7 minutes ago, Gigolo-Aunt said:

What other defeat? Against Celtic?