Craig Gordon extends contract ( updated )

gorgierulesapply88

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gorgierulesapply88

• Jambo-Fox

• DS98

• Chimp

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

gorgierulesapply88
Just now, Walter Bishop said:

Heard today he was going to part of coaching staff. 

Never rated Gallagher. Wonderful if true.

Would be a big loss but if he feels he won't recover 100% it's for the best. I wouldn't want him to come back for the sake of it and start to struggle.

I hope not. Even if he dropped to being our number 2 and GK coach or something that would be brilliant. 

I think he still has gas in the tank for another couple of seasons. Would like to see him go on longer than McGregor. 

How's my driving

All these rumours sound like someone trying to identify who can be trusted in the dressing room, Colleen Rooney on the case again

Shit if true. We need some serious quality in the door next season. Halkett, Boyce and Beni will never recover either

Seem to remember reading a long time ago that Craig fancied himself as a manager rather than a goalie coach.

No matter what decision he makes, I just hope that he’s still at the club for a long time to come.

10 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Shit if true. We need some serious quality in the door next season. Halkett, Boyce and Beni will never recover either

The last 2 you mentioned can't be far away from returning after watching them train 

19 minutes ago, How's my driving said:

All these rumours sound like someone trying to identify who can be trusted in the dressing room, Colleen Rooney on the case again

It’s……Rebecca vardy

davemclaren
13 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Ever the optimist. 

1 minute ago, jambocub said:

The last 2 you mentioned can't be far away from returning after watching them train 

Beni certainly will never recover. The fact it has been 13 months and he is still nowhere near a return tells me this. 

49 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Stab in the dark, to announce retirement. Again same murmurs as with Snodgrass.

No chance. Very strange from a Hearts fan.

brunoatemyhamster

Do you know what? I reckon that's good news

He deserves to put his feet up. 

Getting him tied up to the coaching staff, and not knocking his pan in to get back for what might amount to a year or two maximum sounds great to me. 

Health first. He's earned it

Luckies1874

I mean he's 40, not sure what everyone was expecting. If he managed another match in maroon it would be amazing to give him the send off he deserves but that injury at his age in the position he plays........asking a hell of a lot. He's also recently witnessed a changing of the guard at international level and Germany is what 15 months away so that's ambitious to say the least. Maybe he's decided with the changes coming at Hearts and a young family and a hugely demanding recovery programme that the time is right. 

20 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

think you will find that’s nonsense. Or do you have some inside info from them or their surgeons ?

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

think you will find that’s nonsense. Or do you have some inside info from them or their surgeons ?

He’s just permanently negative.  

49 minutes ago, gorgie rools said:

Heard he needs another operation. 

he needs to get the steel plate in leg removed

12 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Beni certainly will never recover. The fact it has been 13 months and he is still nowhere near a return tells me this. 

Well he's doing the same work as Boyce so guess neither will in your logic 

I heard he's retiring because he had a threesome (probably involving Cochrane's bird and Snodgrass).  Although he maybe just made loads of cash in a money market fund.  It depends how you read the text I received.

AlphonseCapone
2 minutes ago, WageThief said:

I heard he's retiring because he had a threesome (probably involving Cochrane's bird and Snodgrass).  Although he maybe just made loads of cash in a money market fund.  It depends how you read the text I received.

Ah this is where the story involving Cochrane, Snodgrass and a fist comes from... 

Heard he gave Clark his boots with the wrong studs in them so he’d get injured

Edited by The Tackle

Agree 👆🏼

Maybe there’s a golden opportunity to take the Naismith route on coaching qualifications and experience. Fingers crossed.

LochcarronJambo

Craig has been worked so hard since the injury to keep his fitness & recover as quickly as possible , I don’t think he will be throwing in the towel yet….as a goalkeeper…… would welcome him as a coach too, commands respect & has great experience 

2 minutes ago, LochcarronJambo said:

Craig has been worked so hard since the injury to keep his fitness & recover as quickly as possible , I don’t think he will be throwing in the towel yet….as a goalkeeper…… would welcome him as a coach too, commands respect & has great experience 

Hopefully this is the case. The big man will get all the support and time he needs. Tremendous to see him get back playing.

One of the finest players to have ever played for the club. 

CloustonHMFC
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

No chance. Very strange from a Hearts fan.

I think you’re going to be bitterly disappointed. 

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, robjam said:

he needs to get the steel plate in leg removed

If this is true then something has gone wrong. They only take them out if there's a problem because it leaves the bone weaker since they literally just remove everything and don't fill in the holes. It's like breaking the bone all over again too with an additional 6+ weeks recovery. Would be very surprised to see him play again if this is the case. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

6-12 months for regular recovery. Considering footballers have got to recover and then get back to full match fitness, which takes a while when you've been on your arse for a year, it's not unusual for them to be out for as much as 12-18 months. 

Edited by Batistuta87

GlasgoJambo

The boy and I watched some YouTube videos of his greatest saves tonight. You forget just how many times he did the business - almost took it for granted.

Some shan defending too but 🤦🏼‍♂️

3 hours ago, Carter said:

One of the finest players to have ever played for the club. 

Absolutely this!

Also one of the best, if not thee,  graduates from our youth academy.

Hope to see him back playing, but I know personally how tough a leg break can be!

gorgierulesapply88
3 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

6-12 months for regular recovery. Considering footballers have got to recover and then get back to full match fitness, which takes a while when you've been on your arse for a year, it's not unusual for them to be out for as much as 12-18 months. 

He refused sports science treatment. Put his faith in God.

HeartsandonlyHearts
5 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Remember that time Craig Gordon never played for two years. My god those must have been some fun times in your life.

33 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

He refused sports science treatment. Put his faith in God.

Was this ever confirmed or is it just internet scuttlebutt. 
I suspect the latter. 

manaliveits105
9 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

:cornette:

4 hours ago, Canscot said:

Was this ever confirmed or is it just internet scuttlebutt. 
I suspect the latter. 

It's nonsense. Hearts themselves confirmed he had the operation required and he followed the recovery programme alongside Boyce. 

William H. Bonney
30 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

It's nonsense. Hearts themselves confirmed he had the operation required and he followed the recovery programme alongside Boyce. 

I heard romanovs witch doctor cured beni. 

4 minutes ago, William H. Bonney said:

I heard romanovs witch doctor cured beni. 

Hired Eileen Drury and Glen Hoddle to fix him up.

I'm thinking this might be one of those threads that just dies and then we dig it up for a good laugh in a few months.

• davemclaren changed the title to Craig Gordon extends contract ( updated )