Craig Gordon extends contract ( updated )

gorgierulesapply88

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Stuart Dallas had a similar break. Unfortunately leg got infected and he has been pushed back months due to the remedial work required, a year out now. 

It is quite possible to have a setback, depends on Craig and how desperate he is for a return, as analyst at Scotland game 2 weeks back, he was still desperate.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gorgierulesapply88

• Jambo-Fox

• DS98

• Chimp

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ShortmanRossco
12 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Beni certainly will never recover. The fact it has been 13 months and he is still nowhere near a return tells me this. 

Yeah because the likes of Larsson, Ronaldo, Shearer and Virgil were shite after long term injuries too.

Do you ever stop to actually research anything or do you just open your mouth and let your belly rumble like a neanderthal?

2 minutes ago, ShortmanRossco said:

Yeah because the likes of Larsson, Ronaldo, Shearer and Virgil were shite after long term injuries too.

Do you ever stop to actually research anything or do you just open your mouth and let your belly rumble like a neanderthal?

None of them were out for as long a Beni and let’s not lie to ourselves here, our track record with injuries haven’t been great so far. 

pettigrewsstylist
13 hours ago, How's my driving said:

All these rumours sound like someone trying to identify who can be trusted in the dressing room, Colleen Rooney on the case again

🤔🥸🧐

ShortmanRossco
5 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

None of them were out for as long a Beni and let’s not lie to ourselves here, our track record with injuries haven’t been great so far. 

Ronaldo's was but granted the rest. Not that I'm comparing Beni to Ronaldo obviously. Top and bottom of it is that it's silly to just completely rule out a player based on length of time out without knowing the inner circumstances. 

52 minutes ago, ShortmanRossco said:

They were not exposed to our medical team.

2 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Craig will be back,keep the faith folks.

This. He'll be back alright. There's no way he'd allow his fantastic career to end like that.

22 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The same medical team that have Boyce back training ahead of schedule? Some players recover quickly from ACL injuries, unfortunately some also take longer. Doesn't mean Beni can't make a full recovery and return to a good standard.

ShortmanRossco
38 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Ha! Probably a bit unfair but I'll give you that as a witty response. Bravo 👏

A_A wehatethehibs
56 minutes ago, Chimp said:

This. He'll be back alright. There's no way he'd allow his fantastic career to end like that.

Sometimes it’s not about “allowing” anything. Medical facts are unavoidable. 

Folk forget how bad an injury it was. It was one which could end a 19 year old players career let alone a 39 year old.

Craig will have some guilt about continuing to take a top wage £4k a week of the Hearts fans hard-earned money in exchange for little / no on field contributions. He will know that’s money which could be spent on a very big new signing in the summer. 

If a transition to coaching like Naismith had is on the table for CG I think it’d be hard for him to turn that down - maybe just wants to just start looking forwards to his next chapter because it’s been a grim few months for him. Football wise anyway. 

Not every player gets to retire on his own terms, that’s football. 

But anyway but I’ll conclude with my first thought: 

15 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Please no 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

Gorgierools
5 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Folk forget how bad an injury it was. It was one which could end a 19 year old players career let alone a 39 year old.

Craig will have some guilt about continuing to take a top wage £4k a week of the Hearts fans hard-earned money in exchange for little / no on field contributions. He will know that’s money which could be spent on a very big new signing in the summer. 

If a transition to coaching like Naismith had is on the table for CG I think it’d be hard for him to turn that down - maybe just wants to just start looking forwards to his next chapter because it’s been a grim few months for him. Football wise anyway. 

He's also got a possible pundits job and modelling career to fall back on. Annoyingly handsome ******* that he is.

I have to sit the wife in a drip tray if he's on telly 

10 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Difference is Craig Gordon isn't your average player. More determined than ever I've got faith he'll defy the odds once again after a bad injury.

Edited by Chimp

ViewfromtheEast
1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Best British Goalkeeper in English Premier League history!

🤔

Saw big Craig on Saturday before the match and he was in high spirits. Can't imagine any reason why anyone would want him out the door. Always came across as a model professional, and given that he could be deemed 'on the scrapheap' then I'd imagine he'd be doing anything but rocking the boat in any way. But a move into the coaching set-up in a dual role wouldn't be bad at all.

36 minutes ago, ViewfromtheEast said:

🤔

I don't remember him ever singing God save the Queen. British my ass. Scottish through and through.. sings Flower of Scotland as far as I'm aware.   😍

Jambof3tornado
3 hours ago, Chimp said:

The progress he's already made is good so just wish folk would stop writing him off.

2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

The progress he's already made is good so just wish folk would stop writing him off.

Exactly. Very odd.

A_A wehatethehibs

1 hour ago, DS98 said:

Why do folk make up absolute pish like this?

The same OP broke the “snodgrass away” rumour 2-3 hours before the press yesterday, so there’s some itk credibility. That’s the only reason this topic is getting discussed at face value 

2 hours ago, Gorgierools said:

He's also got a possible pundits job and modelling career to fall back on. Annoyingly handsome ******* that he is.

I have to sit the wife in a drip tray if he's on telly 

Brilliant post!

6 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

The same OP broke the “snodgrass away” rumour 2-3 hours before the press yesterday, so there’s some itk credibility. That’s the only reason this topic is getting discussed at face value 

Well the OP’s source is now at a 50% success rate because it’s nonsense. Take it to the bank. 

1 hour ago, DS98 said:

Why do folk make up absolute pish like this?

Its just JKB mate.

The OP states "stab in the dark" in the first line and some folk take that as gospel :facepalm:

5 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Its just JKB mate.

The OP states "stab in the dark" in the first line and some folk take that as gospel :facepalm:

Just weird behaviour.

8 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

It's nonsense. Hearts themselves confirmed he had the operation required and he followed the recovery programme alongside Boyce. 

👍Thought as much!

Bungalow Bill

Scottish Sun reporting CG needs fresh surgery to remove one of the bolts from his leg. No mention of retirement, only that he’s expected to be back by the end of the year. 

ViewfromtheEast
9 minutes ago, rmreido said:

Hope his playing days aren't over, brilliant goalkeeper. 

Love that man❤.

Hope he gets back playing too. He's a good guy. Sold him something once, he was a perfect gent. 😁

5 hours ago, ViewfromtheEast said:

🤔

Keep thinking …. is there a better one? I’ve never heard of one being named!

I wonder if this surgery was what was planned anyway, or was the original plan to leave the bolts in place. Shame if it's another setback but hopefully he can get to the point he can play again soon.

davemclaren

Hopefully this bit is true,

'Gordon, 40, has been progressing well throughout his rehabilitation with the procedure no set-back whatsoever'

ViewfromtheEast
13 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Keep thinking …. is there a better one? I’ve never heard of one being named!

Yes, there have been many superior keepers to Craig Gordon. Many. He's a brilliant shot stopper, but then his limitations, particularly in the modern game, become a bit apparent. But as I said, great guy and wish him well. 

1 hour ago, ViewfromtheEast said:

Yes, there have been many superior keepers to Craig Gordon. Many. He's a brilliant shot stopper, but then his limitations, particularly in the modern game, become a bit apparent. But as I said, great guy and wish him well. 

I’d be interested to know who you think they are! Are you able to share some names?

As far as I’m concerned Craig Gordon is the best British goalkeeper to play in the EPL!!

10 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

I wonder who is in charge of the players recovery....

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952eb136ed92141d89e81

7 minutes ago, R9. said:

I agree! Folk may laugh and folk have had a debate with me before about this but. Gordon was NO1 at Sunderland he got injured and they signed Mingolet who had a no bad season or two THEN Liverpool signed him. If it wasn’t for the injury to big Craig Mingolet wouldn’t have been signed and wouldn’t have got his move to Liverpool, THAT may of been Craig.

Thanks for the support! Like you I’ve had the debate many times, mostly people start of disagreeing that CG is best ever British EPL goalkeeper …. but their argument is always completely undermined when they can’t come up with a single name!

gorgierulesapply88
12 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

I'm thinking this might be one of those threads that just dies and then we dig it up for a good laugh in a few months.

I wasn't wrong with Snodgrass. I hope i'm wrong with this one...

CG strikes me as the sort of guy that will know exactly when his times up and will tell everyone straight away.

• 9 months later...
Bungalow Bill
20 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

New deal incoming?

Thought the same as soon as I saw it. 

Checked the official website, then here! 

Japan Jambo

Hopefully something along the lies of player/coach. Would be great to keep his determination and grit around the club, it should serve as an inspiration to us all.

3 minutes ago, Pingu said:

It's happening

What retirement? 

OP was correct?! :shocked666:

• davemclaren changed the title to Craig Gordon extends contract ( updated )