Snodgrass

gorgierulesapply88

Snoddy had standards, called a couple of folk out for shiting the bed and they all fell out. It was the players ****ed 3rd place. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BackOfTheNet

• Naisys Tackle

• GinRummy

• Sooks

the posh bit
Just now, Cruyff said:

Snoddy had standards, called a couple of folk out for shiting the bed and they all fell out. It was the players ****ed 3rd place. 

Exactly. If the players had the same standards and professional pride as Snodgrass we would have romped 3rd. Instead they hid, let others take a hit and stumbled to 4th place, celebrating a lucky draw against a pitiful Hibs side. 

5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

He was the one getting caught on the ball every week after we were sussed out with him as the play maker . Who was he calling out ? Himself ? If he had such high standards then it would have been good to have seen more of them on the pitch 

8 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

If I hadn’t watch him lose the ball so often for weeks on end and immediately scream at his team mates for his errors I could believe that. 

14 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

The manager is responsible for the players, or at least will be the first to fall by his sword if it's a collective malaise 

That isn't consigned to our club but every club. 

You could argue that if the players had been managed appropriately they wouldn't have been allowed to f... 3rd place.

16 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

Exactly. If the players had the same standards and professional pride as Snodgrass we would have romped 3rd. Instead they hid, let others take a hit and stumbled to 4th place, celebrating a lucky draw against a pitiful Hibs side. 

I think it's somewhere in the middle. Snodgrass obviously has standards - can he perform at them himself at 35 or was he barking about stuff that he wasn't doing himself? 

That is the kind of thing that would piss me off and probably piss 90% of our dressing room off. It's all fine and well demanding and demanding but as soon as you misplace a pass, or mistime a tackle you look like a prick.

Naisys Tackle
45 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Another complete *****.

I like Snoddy.

Completely agree.. 

36 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

It was apparent for weeks that teams had sussed out our approach with playing out from deep and getting the ball to Snodgrass. 

The opposition pressed him, put players on him to man mark him and it fell apart. 

This was a glaring tactical error on the managers part and Robbie should have changed what he was doing, given it wasn't working 

As much as I have zero interest in hearing what Snoddy has to say about itnow, he is a player and a player only. Whatever happened in that dressing room was only allowed to happen because the management let it happen and that's the bottom line. 

It's obvious to me now with big "Jig" coming out in the press and saying it was nothing to do with the management team as what went on was "dressing room" talk was just complete and utter deflection on his part.

If dressing room talk is affecting the performances then that is down to the management to get in there and sort it f...... out 

If that was Jigs reasoning to deflect what really happened it's no wonder we were in the situation we were in

This had far more to do with the management shirking their responsibilities than It ever was and to do with the players. 

upgotheheads
9 hours ago, Sooks said:

Sadly I agree . When he first arrived I was quite enthused , but we put all our eggs in that one old basket and as soon as he was sussed out , we had no plan B because the players had been told to change the entire way they had been playing . Came in was initially good , Steve Robinson sussed him and every one else copied it . System failed under the press and the management team stuck rigidly with it as it fell apart 

9 hours ago, Martin_T said:

Yes, quite apart from anything else, Snodgrass was an awful player for us on the pitch, his first 4 or 5 games aside.

Difficult to recall a single outfield player having had such a huge negative impact on the team's form. One of our worst ever signings given what he may have cost the club in lost revenue.

10 hours ago, Sooks said:
9 hours ago, Sooks said:

For me personally , despite how angry I was with the capitulation from the Celtic double header onwards , I can still see past that and appreciate all the good work he did too . I expect most fans feel the same 

It's all to reminiscent of the hired guns that Levein brought in

'

I was thinking some thing similar . The harmony in the dressing room was evident for the early part of the season . Bear in mind Snodgrass was commuting up from London too . If I was a young player in a team that was doing well , playing with energy and pace , and all of a sudden some one parachuted in grandad and told me I was to get the ball to him on every occasion , and he kept losing it , then bawling at the rest of the team about getting out of the poor form , I would be frustrated too 

8 hours ago, The Apprentice said:

I don’t believe for one minute McCulloch didn’t know what was going on in the dressing room. He clearly did but doesn’t for whatever reason want to share it publicly but instead of side-stepping the questions he’s uttered complete shite which just sums the guy up. A complete failing on the coaching staffs part it came to that and he doesn’t have the bollocks to admit it. 

6 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

That is a pretty pathetic comment from Lee McCulloch. Zero responsibility being taken for the dressing room falling apart. Sorry Lee, but it happened on your watch. 

22 hours ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

This.

Neilson picked poorly there imo.

It's all in hindsight I suppose but all of the above is true I think Robbie will be a wiser and better manager after this experience. It shouldn't be forgotten that statistically he is a very successful manager.

Nobody will know what exactly went on and certain things should always stay in the dressing room. 

To be fair to Snodgrass, he never hid and although he got caught out at times, he showed bravery by demanding the ball and was always available to his teammates. Same can’t be said for some of the players, especially during that dismal patch 

GorgieFifeLife
5 hours ago, Morgan said:

You actually edited your original post and still, unbelievably, came out with this nonsense.  :vrface:

Do you comprehend the meaning of the word ‘huddy’ ?

I venture not.

Look he is nowhere near good enough.   If you think he is the standard we need then great 👍🏻 

1 hour ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Look he is nowhere near good enough.   If you think he is the standard we need then great 👍🏻 

Well, that’s great then.  👍

On 11/06/2023 at 19:12, upgotheheads said:

It's all in hindsight I suppose but all of the above is true I think Robbie will be a wiser and better manager after this experience. It shouldn't be forgotten that statistically he is a very successful manager.

3rd biggest budget in Scotland and 2 years in the championship will do that for your stats.

Haring showed more in the last few games than Snodgrass did in months.

Snodgrass makes Haring look like Usain Bolt.

The play through Snodgrass thing was fine.  But to do it repeatedly when not working was not fine. It should just have been an option, instead of the only option. That was one of Robbie's big failings, there was no variation during a match, predictable.

Naisys Tackle

Snodgrass the fall guy for the rest of the team.

How many people have had a go as the group for downing tools yet he's individually deemed as bad as  Fred West  because he had a go at the other players?

Makes very little sense.  Maybe his legs had gone but if he was having a go at the players who had chucked it surely he's got the same opinion as a lot of people on here?

RustyRightPeg
18 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Haring showed more in the last few games than Snodgrass did in months.

Snodgrass makes Haring look like Usain Bolt.

Comparing apples with oranges. 

StevenNaismith

It’s ok Snodgrass having standards and having a go at lads but not when he’s falling below those same standards whilst doing half the work the rest of them were doing on the training ground to rectify it.

Naisys Tackle
5 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

It’s ok Snodgrass having standards and having a go at lads but not when he’s falling below those same standards whilst doing half the work the rest of them were doing on the training ground to rectify it.

Yet if some of the players have chucked it under Neilson he shouldn't say anything if he's trying but his form is poor and legs gone?

23 hours ago, Morgan said:

Well, that’s great then.  👍

There's a 5-a-side team in Fife that Savage should be keeping tabs on.

Apparently they are all top-notch and make Haring look like a huddy.

I cannae wait ... 🤭

Edited by Wee Mikey

42 minutes ago, db211833 said:

The play through Snodgrass thing was fine.  But to do it repeatedly when not working was not fine. It should just have been an option, instead of the only option. That was one of Robbie's big failings, there was no variation during a match, predictable.

It was often Snodgrass himself demanding the ball, only then to do nothing with it.

Whole system and formation relied on Snodgrass having the ball and time on it, once the opposition worked that out and we didn't change we were goosed

6 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Neither Snodgrass or Haring should be playing for Hearts at this time in their career. 

Haring is 28?

Greedy Jambo
Just now, Martin_T said:

Haring is 28?

Are we just ignoring all his injuries and lack of pace then?

the posh bit
1 hour ago, Naisys Tackle said:

How many people have had a go as the group for downing tools yet he's individually deemed as bad as  Fred West  because he had a go at the other players?

Makes very little sense.  Maybe his legs had gone but if he was having a go at the players who had chucked it surely he's got the same opinion as a lot of people on here?

Agreed. 

Don't think I've ever seen any Hearts player lose the ball directly in front of their own defence as much as Snodgrass towards the end.

No idea if this was Neilson's tactics or just Snodgrass influence on the team but it was an absolute mess.

BackOfTheNet

Let’s be clear, it’s not having anything against Snodgrass personally to point out he was a liability. Where he played and how we played him was down to the manager.

I do however think too many went all in with the love in for ‘Snodric’ (did like that, to be fair) that they had their heads in the sand when it came to his performances. And quite frankly there were far better performances than his when on our unbeaten run, but he was getting called up to hospitality after every game to get man of the match awards. I can imagine teammates being pissed off with that to be honest.

Guy never gave more than an 8/10 performance, gave more 6/10’s than not and yet we had folk on here giving him 9’s and 10’s. It was almost as if some couldn’t believe a player they were used to watching on Sky Sports in England was coming to play for us. Was a bit sycophantic from some to be honest.

But again, I have no idea what he’s like as a person, as a teammate or as a frequent flyer. But we shoe horned him in to a system that he wasn’t able to be deployed and he and our manager got found out because of it. Funny thing is over on the transfer thread people are clamouring to repeat history by signing Arfield.

Naisys Tackle
3 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Let’s be clear, it’s not having anything against Snodgrass personally to point out he was a liability. Where he played and how we played him was down to the manager.

I do however think too many went all in with the love in for ‘Snodric’ (did like that, to be fair) that they had their heads in the sand when it came to his performances. And quite frankly there were far better performances than his when on our unbeaten run, but he was getting called up to hospitality after every game to get man of the match awards. I can imagine teammates being pissed off with that to be honest.

Guy never gave more than an 8/10 performance, gave more 6/10’s than not and yet we had folk on here giving him 9’s and 10’s. It was almost as if some couldn’t believe a player they were used to watching on Sky Sports in England was coming to play for us. Was a bit sycophantic from some to be honest.

But again, I have no idea what he’s like as a person, as a teammate or as a frequent flyer. But we shoe horned him in to a system that he wasn’t able to be deployed and he and our manager got found out because of it. Funny thing is over on the transfer thread people are clamouring to repeat history by signing Arfield.

Yet robbie lost the dressing room - no names said and Snodgrass is the bad guy?  I'm really struggling to work out how thats correct or fair?

Snodrgrass leaves so we shite on him for being not so good, ignore the others that threw it in   It seems he gave a **** at least as backed up by Elbows. 

3 hours ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Yet robbie lost the dressing room - no names said and Snodgrass is the bad guy?  I'm really struggling to work out how thats correct or fair?

Snodrgrass leaves so we shite on him for being not so good, ignore the others that threw it in   It seems he gave a **** at least as backed up by Elbows. 

Snodgrass was causing issues in tge dressing room, that’s why he’s the bad guy. Why are you struggling with that ? His intentions are irrelevant he made things worse. 

9 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

There's a 5-a-side team in Fife that Savage should be keeping tabs on.

Apparently they are all top-notch and make Haring look like a huddy.

I cannae wait ... 🤭

The Famous Fife Five! :omg:

BackOfTheNet
3 hours ago, Naisys Tackle said:

In what part of my post did I insinuate Snodgrass was the bad guy?

hmfc_liam06
7 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Correct.

There were a couple of us hounded early doors when we called it.

10 hours ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Yep, I posted a few things I'd heard about Snoddy at the time and maybe got the tone wrong looking back - totally unintentionally.  By most accounts, he didn't down tools, or just collect a wage or anything like that.  The issue was more Robbie than Snoddy.  He wasn't managed properly.

The feeling was that he had Robbie wrapped around his finger.  Now you could say he shouldn't have done so, but these things are often more organic.  He had opinions, they were given creedence.  That can only work if you are smashing it on the pitch.  As soon as we were worked out and Snoddy sitting in that position with his CM teammate left with it all to do, it's become an issue.  The fact that Robbie not only persisted with it, but actually subbed and dropped the CM partner instead of Snods... well is that really Snoddy's fault?!

Then I heard a few contrasting things, one of which that Snoddy thought he'd get the job (not sure I believe that!).  Again, wading through the rumours and bits and bobs close to it, basically Naisy and Robbie had little time for one another, and I think Naisy wanted a clean sweep, a totaly change to how we played but also if there was a massive resentment towards Snoddy cos the players saw him as an issue, then the easiest path frankly was to remove him.

As I say, all the "digging players out", that's actually fine, no issue there, they should hold eachother accountable.  Again, heard after the St Mirren game that Snoddy did indeed hold an inquest which shows he cared.  Nowt wrong with that.  Other than... you were the issue with the whole shape of the team and others were feeling scapegoated cos the manager was sucking up your big arse!

It was a Robbie issue in continually getting the team wrong and not managing his dressing room.

I've no massive ill-feeling toward Snoddy.  Used properly, he could still have been a good player and good influence for us.  Hind sight is wonderful isn't it, and Im sure Robbie agrees with that.

On 11/06/2023 at 16:26, Thunder and Lightning said:

Noooooooooo

This is like sending up the Robbie signal.

The Robbie Defence League are just waiting on mum to excuse them from the table before assembling. 😂 

but....it didn't though.....not on this thread anyway?

32 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Correct.

There were a couple of us hounded early doors when we called it.

Indeed.

Even in his good performances, there wasn't really anything particularly creative or incisive with his use of the ball. He was good at using his body to shield and hit a few good cross field passes. 

Edited by Martin_T

12 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

He brings up Robbie Neilson on every thread , usually by claiming others will be about to post about him . He is totally obsessed and really needs to try and let it go 

7 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Indeed.

Even in his good performances, there wasn't really anything particularly creative or incisive with his use of the ball. He was good at using his body to shield and hit a few good cross field passes. 

When he was doing well, what he did was take the ball under pressure, use his body and switch play.  If we'd had any high width (Barrie left, Oda right), it would have worked better.  But we didn't.

So what ended up happening was he'd drop between the 3 CHs basically giving us 4 across the back whilst in possession.  The wingbacks would look for the ball on the halfway, the other CM would be totally swamped, leaving Barrie, Snods trying to occupy the same spaces and maybe Gino up top against 2/3 defenders but seemingly with little instruction to work channels, or when he did, no support when he got the ball.  It was ridiculous.

A 4231, or 4123 type thing with Snods deep, yeah could almost see it.  A 3331 type thingy?  Christ!!!

Edited by TheBigO

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

When he was doing well, what he did was take the ball under pressure, use his body and switch play.  If we'd had any high width (Barrie left, Oda right), it would have worked better.  But we didn't.

So what ended up happening was he'd drop between the 3 CHs basically giving us 4 across the back whilst in possession.  The wingbacks would look for the ball on the halfway, the other CM would be totally swamped, leaving Barrie, Snods trying to occupy the same spaces and maybe Gino up top against 2/3 defenders but seemingly with little instruction to work channels, or when he did, no support when he got the ball.  It was ridiculous.

A 4231, or 4123 type thing with Snods deep, yeah could almost see it.  A 3331 type thingy?  Christ!!!

The biggest loser from Snodgrass presence in the team, was probably Alex Cochrane, who frequently looked frustrated when Snodgrass would demand the ball from him, often whilst getting in the way of the space he was looking to carry it into, only to then get either dispossessed or pass it back to Cochrane, with the momentum of the transition lost.

As you say the 3 at the back with 'Snoddy' in midfield, in that period between the Rangers game at home and St Mirren at home, is probably up there with the worst Hearts teams I've seen play. 

Japan Jambo
On 10/06/2023 at 19:29, KyleLafferty said:

Sounds like Robbie and jig were too busy on the golf course to give a shit.

I listened to that program at the weekend. For my money he didn't come across well at all. Got the impression we were just another gig for him and that he didn't care overly much. Certainly wasn't upset to be no longer with us.

36 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

I listened to that program at the weekend. For my money he didn't come across well at all. Got the impression we were just another gig for him and that he didn't care overly much. Certainly wasn't upset to be no longer with us.

Yup, I didn't listen, but I never massively took to the guy.  Said it before, don't want any OF sympathisers at our club.  There's a difference from ex-OF, or even "supported OF as a kid" to OF sympathiser and I think we mostly grasp it.

Naisy? Nope

McCulloch? Yup

Halkett? Nope

Halliday? Yup

Craigy? Nooooope

Bazza? Hmmm, duno!

I don't want "when ah wuz it Rangurs" being heard around Riccarton.  Lockie should be allowed to kick anyone in the knackers he hears say this.  Right in them.  Both knackers.

I don't want guys trying to get to Rangers or Celtic, I don't want guys wishing they were good enough to still be there.  I ONLY want guys hellbent on defying the odds and sticking it up them, with the intelligence to know that if you even come close to doing that, your stock will be high.

Boyd at Kilmarnock always sticks out as an indictment on our game for me.  In the papers every week with a column in essence all about Rangers whilst playing for a club in the same league.  Halliday, I know its just a podcast and he is often quoted without context or just on Rangers when he's spoken about us, celtic, hibs etc too, but still, don't want to hear "Rangers need to sign another striker" or "what I'd like to see Rangers do" from one of our players.  It sucks.

I'm pretty sure we WERE just a job to McCulloch.  The shame is Robbie had so much passion in his first spell and the start of his second whch he seemed to lose for some reason.  Had he surrounded himself with the wrong people?

Japan Jambo
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Yup, I didn't listen, but I never massively took to the guy.  Said it before, don't want any OF sympathisers at our club.  There's a difference from ex-OF, or even "supported OF as a kid" to OF sympathiser and I think we mostly grasp it.

Naisy? Nope

McCulloch? Yup

Halkett? Nope

Halliday? Yup

Craigy? Nooooope

Bazza? Hmmm, duno!

I don't want "when ah wuz it Rangurs" being heard around Riccarton.  Lockie should be allowed to kick anyone in the knackers he hears say this.  Right in them.  Both knackers.

I don't want guys trying to get to Rangers or Celtic, I don't want guys wishing they were good enough to still be there.  I ONLY want guys hellbent on defying the odds and sticking it up them, with the intelligence to know that if you even come close to doing that, your stock will be high.

Boyd at Kilmarnock always sticks out as an indictment on our game for me.  In the papers every week with a column in essence all about Rangers whilst playing for a club in the same league.  Halliday, I know its just a podcast and he is often quoted without context or just on Rangers when he's spoken about us, celtic, hibs etc too, but still, don't want to hear "Rangers need to sign another striker" or "what I'd like to see Rangers do" from one of our players.  It sucks.

I'm pretty sure we WERE just a job to McCulloch.  The shame is Robbie had so much passion in his first spell and the start of his second whch he seemed to lose for some reason.  Had he surrounded himself with the wrong people?

Possibly, I'm sure a comfortable three year contract also didn't help light a fire either.

On 11/06/2023 at 17:04, Cruyff said:

On 11/06/2023 at 17:07, the posh bit said:

Snodgrass's performances were awful and he was every bit to blame as the rest of the players for our shocking performances that started after the World Cup.

Thunder and Lightning
4 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

Rumour has it that chores were not done and Mum banned them from the internet until homework has been done...

On 11/06/2023 at 17:04, Cruyff said:

Just a pity he couldn't work our how to counter attack the pressing on him that nullified his impact. Probably his inexperience in the position. 

1 hour ago, Lambo85 said:

Snodgrass's performances were awful and he was every bit to blame as the rest of the players for our shocking performances that started after the World Cup.

16 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Just a pity he couldn't work our how to counter attack the pressing on him that nullified his impact. Probably his inexperience in the position. 

All true. Regardless, the players are to blame for the infighting and losing 3rd. 

Diadora Van Basten
14 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Don't think I've ever seen any Hearts player lose the ball directly in front of their own defence as much as Snodgrass towards the end.

No idea if this was Neilson's tactics or just Snodgrass influence on the team but it was an absolute mess.

Damour cost as many goals as Perreira in the season we were demoted by losing the ball just in front of the defence.

Watt-Zeefuik
14 hours ago, cosanostra said:

To me Neilson's tactics, from his first phase here in whatever formation he played, have always depended on a holding mid directly in front of the defence. It was Gomis, then Pallardo, then Djoum, and so forth. With Beni and Haring down and Kio not trusted apparently he needed someone there and put Snoddy there. It worked briefly until everyone realized they could pressure him and the whole affair fell apart, and Neilson couldn't figure out how to either change the playing philosophy, finding an alternative there, or give him support so that we weren't completely wobbly at our most critical phase of play.

Regardless, I don't think it helped anything when the biggest problem position was also the most vocal shittalker. If someone is carrying the team with their play and gets it up the other players, that can work, but if you're causing major problems with your play every week, you should shut the **** up and fix yourself before digging out younger players.

It's all fine and good to have standards but they have to start with you. Regardless, the management should have figured out what was going on. Elbows' comments are just a horrific reflection on the whole coaching team.

• Selkirkhmfc1874 changed the title to Bellend picture of the day