• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pettigrewsstylist

• Hearts007

• Taffin

• Marvin

Cut The Crap
25 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I hope Naismith does really well for the rest of the season. But can we stop pretending that Naismith’s out of house press conferences are any good. They have been pretty bad so far.

Seems to be at odds with the clearly  stated aims of his bosses already. Unwelcome echoes of the Stendel debacle.  

Just now, ArcticJambo said:

Hibs were utter shite! We were actually worse. lol. depressed af

That’s the worst part.  But again, like recent weeks, it just took mediocre opposition to fight harder and run harder than us and that was enough.  

Hibs just kept persisting by turning us with balls over the top and the more it happened, the more edgy we became.  It worked.  

We seem to not believe in these things now.  We seem to think we are some technically gifted football team who don’t have to mix it up.  

pettigrewsstylist
3 hours ago, sac said:

Fortunately we don’t lose many derbies, but the mindset has to change. Need a manager that is only here to win and nothing else.

Club has gone soft and that has to change.

Feels like another rebuild with the squad about to happen all over again.

Need a manager that commands respect and not afraid to kick arses.

Its ages since we started a 5yr project. Just saying.

pettigrewsstylist
49 minutes ago, LochcarronJambo said:

You are totally right, minus 10 to Naismith there, we needed something different a change up front, Kuol stays seated ffs, he hasnt shown much but had to flip coin 

Was him heading down tunnel last week early, as reported, an issue...?

ArcticJambo
1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

That’s the worst part.  But again, like recent weeks, it just took mediocre opposition to fight harder and run harder than us and that was enough.  

Hibs just kept persisting by turning us with balls over the top and the more it happened, the more edgy we became.  It worked.  

We seem to not believe in these things now.  We seem to think we are some technically gifted football team who don’t have to mix it up.  

You're spot on, they worked harder. If they had been half competent in the final third thwy'd have ****ed us today!  Said it previously, we're unfit and weak, been a result of poor coachiong with no, authority.  If we scrape 3rd I'll be over the ****ing moon!!!

Just now, ArcticJambo said:

You're spot on, they worked harder. If they had been half competent in the final third thwy'd have ****ed us today!  Said it previously, we're unfit and weak, been a result of poor coachiong with no, authority.  If we scrape 3rd I'll be over the ****ing moon!!!

Aye.  More and more I’m thinking we don’t look fit enough allied with the wrong mindset nurtured over a long time.  

However, if you aren’t fit you aren’t covering ground quick enough, your mind isn’t as sharp as the opposition and your recovery to “go again” takes longer.  

Reminds me of the Cathro era. 

Shanghai Hearts

Poor poor stuff… regardless of who is or will be in charge. Professional players unable to take responsibility in key areas of the park. Another shocking goal to lose. 

5 hours ago, Martin_T said:

Can't recall Humphrys ever winning a header, so that could be a problem.

Must add,or anyone winning a header from a corner ? Ffs

Pasquale for King
43 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Aye.  More and more I’m thinking we don’t look fit enough allied with the wrong mindset nurtured over a long time.  

However, if you aren’t fit you aren’t covering ground quick enough, your mind isn’t as sharp as the opposition and your recovery to “go again” takes longer.  

Definitely. 

2 hours ago, Bozi said:

The unsaid thing here is that we were abject and Hibs struggled to win that game, wee fat Lee has been 1 game away from the sack twice this season and he's been lucky that the teams turning up have been shite. 

Make no mistake even a half decent Hearts team would have won that today and if a Hibs team turned up at Tynecastle playing as badly as we did today we would have taken 4 off them.

Still a chance they could miss top 6, this papers over the cracks for them

they will miss out top 6 guaranteed. St Johnstone will beat them. Perversely us being shit gives them hope but that will be all the more amusing

30 minutes ago, maggieb said:

Must add,or anyone winning a header from a corner ? Ffs

maybe if we actually delivered a half decent corner we would have hope. They were stinking today , absolutely rotten

46 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

we haven’t looked fit all season. Nowhere near fit 

LochcarronJambo
2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

they will miss out top 6 guaranteed. St Johnstone will beat them. Perversely us being shit gives them hope but that will be all the more amusing

That would be fun them losing to st j & livingston winning as they think they are world beaters tonite, bottom six would be heaven after today

fabienleclerq

I don't think we were outfought today, I don't think I'd criticise the players for lack of effort either. I think the boys put in a shift.

We lacked quality on the ball, in the middle of the park especially. I felt none of grant,Devlin or Halliday done enough to get us forward. They were utterly happy hiding while Rowles and Sibbick tried to break the world 1 -2 record.

We have a real issue with guile and movement. 

1 hour ago, ArcticJambo said:

Hibs were utter shite! We were actually worse. lol. depressed af

Said earlier Hibs didn’t win todays game. We lost it!

August Landmesser

We have no midfield just now. Have to find a workaround for the next six games

The Mighty Thor

The reality is Naismith came in and played the same shite as Bob.

He gad a chance to change it up and waited until Bob's 60 minute alarm then made a single change. 

Then he waited anoher 15 to then bring on not the two 'attacking' options he had but a left back and an utter ****ing huddy. 

Same old, same old. 

Roll on next season and the early league Cup group stages 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

He gad a chance to change it up and waited until Bob's 60 minute alarm then made a single change. 

Then he waited anoher 15 to then bring on not the two 'attacking' options he had but a left back and an utter ****ing huddy. 

Same old, same old. 

What did you expect him to do? The bench wasn't any better? He's not going to be able to undo the 3 years of bain washing players in 4 days 

Edited by kingantti1874

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

What did you expect him to do? The bench wasn't any better? He's not going to be able to undo the 3 years of bain washing players in 4 days 

Change it. 

If it's not working change it.

We were playing the vermin, not Real Madrid. 

To bring on 2 defenders and not attacking players is criminally Bob I'm afraid. 

Luckies1874
3 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Excited as **** for Montrose, Alloa and Cove instead of Riga, Florence and Istanbul :vrface:

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Change it. 

If it's not working change it.

We were playing the vermin, not Real Madrid. 

To bring on 2 defenders and not attacking players is criminally Bob I'm afraid. 

Change it with who though? Humph came on and was shit

Edited by kingantti1874

3 hours ago, Trigger said:

Do you see Kuol in training every day?

Are you as qualified as Robbie Neilson or Steven Naismith?

There’s your answer.

Robbie and Savage were creaming themselves when we signed him. Australia national team have been playing him against opposition of a higher level than the SPL, he’s scored recently at that level and Newcastle paid good money for him. But yes you’re right Robbie and Naismith now know better because they’ve seen him training and Kio, Forrest and the rest are  streets ahead. What was I thinking?

fabienleclerq
8 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Same old, same old. 

**** me.

The reality is Naismith has had a few days to work with the players.

He did change it, we played a different formation. What did you expect him to do r.e personnel? He can only pick from what's available.

I actually thought Naismith gets a free hit and if we are shit it'll be the players getting it. Took 16 minutes yesterday for the boy in front of me to moan and then posts like this.

The players are in the routine of playing slow,safe passes and not showing for the ball and it reared its head again. 

Walter Bishop
12 hours ago, feedthefox said:

I'd like someone, anyone, from Hearts to explain the situation regarding Kuol. There was so much fanfare around getting this guy in and yet every week without fail he's on the bench and remains an unused sub, we are criminally short of pace and have no out ball as a result. I had it in my head that Naismith would play him but here we go again 1 nil down needing a goal or something to provide a spark and Naismith turns to the bench runs his eyes along who he has and brings on Kio. Am I missing something? 

He is a kid, nowhere near ready for first team football, he has looked lost in every appearances he’s made, an unnecessary distraction and should be playing youth/B team football. 

if you went to games you’d already know this though. 👍

The midfield is an utter joke we have so many players similar but none that can control a game. We miss Beni badly but we need to make sure we sign a good one in the summer who can actually retain possession in good areas. The sense of apathy has set in, I’m not even surprised or bothered as much as I should be about yesterday. Was more hacked off after the draw there earlier in the season. I’ve no confidence we are turning it around either, can see Ross County causing us problems next week by playing a similar game to Hibs. Long balls and win second balls and go from there. While we mess around with it at the back going nowhere. 

1 hour ago, fabienleclerq said:

**** me.

He did change it, we played a different formation. What did you expect him to do r.e personnel? He can only pick from what's available.

I actually thought Naismith gets a free hit and if we are shit it'll be the players getting it. Took 16 minutes yesterday for the boy in front of me to moan and then posts like this.

The players are in the routine of playing slow,safe passes and not showing for the ball and it reared its head again. 

Agree mate.  It’s all there for us to see.  

Hearts players always taking an extra touch to make sure they don’t make a mistake, not taking the ball on the half turn to open themselves up to more options and a better view of the game,  alot of the time taking too long to release it when an obvious pass is staring them in the face.  

You could argue we need 2 or 3 better technical players in certain positions to be more fluid, but I still think it’s a mentality issue overall.  We really seemed to toil to create passages of play to gain a little space in advanced positions.  Part is down to lack of hunger, mind you.  

9 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

The midfield is an utter joke we have so many players similar but none that can control a game. We miss Beni badly but we need to make sure we sign a good one in the summer who can actually retain possession in good areas. The sense of apathy has set in, I’m not even surprised or bothered as much as I should be about yesterday. Was more hacked off after the draw there earlier in the season. I’ve no confidence we are turning it around either, can see Ross County causing us problems next week by playing a similar game to Hibs. Long balls and win second balls and go from there. While we mess around with it at the back going nowhere. 

Would agree and think alot of us feel this way.  Other teams just seem to have more anger than us, more fire and needle.  We’ve too many quitters when the going gets tough during a game.  

upgotheheads
24 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I agree, but you could have said the same about H1B5 yesterday. The difference between the teams was they had a sharp striker in Nisbet, and their collective work-rate and attitude was far superior, they had no individual in midfield dominating the game, but they had 10 outfield payers desperate to win, especially in the second half.

11 hours ago, D4nny_ said:

Said earlier Hibs didn’t win todays game. We lost it!

Any other team in the league would've beaten that mob.

Still can't believe what I witnessed from this Hearts side in a derby.

pettigrewsstylist
14 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I agree, but you could have said the same about H1B5 yesterday. The difference between the teams was they had a sharp striker in Nisbet, and their collective work-rate and attitude was far superior, they had no individual in midfield dominating the game, but they had 10 outfield payers desperate to win, especially in the second half.

We have a sharp striker. A noticeable difference was that they had Hanlon, a no frills defender.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

13 hours ago, Bozi said:

The unsaid thing here is that we were abject and Hibs struggled to win that game, wee fat Lee has been 1 game away from the sack twice this season and he's been lucky that the teams turning up have been shite. 

Make no mistake even a half decent Hearts team would have won that today and if a Hibs team turned up at Tynecastle playing as badly as we did today we would have taken 4 off them.

Still a chance they could miss top 6, this papers over the cracks for them

I would concentrate on us because we are dropping fast. I think SN will improve us but he may not and we may finish below hibs very easily. As you say they  are poor

but we are just as bad. 

I think it’s one of the worst midfields I have seen at our club absolutely brutal we are. 

Edited by mr fox

17 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

The left winger was the biggest threat in the game can’t remember his name. He is a handful but has a terrible final ball. 

52 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Would agree and think alot of us feel this way.  Other teams just seem to have more anger than us, more fire and needle.  We’ve too many quitters when the going gets tough during a game.  

As soon as it went 1-0 I couldn’t see a way back for us. We were powder puff the entire game and confidence is shot to bits. Not that it would have made any difference but how did Hanlon escape a second yellow chopping Shankland down for that free kick at the end? The resultant free kick just about summer us up, utter woeful. 

Horatio Caine
3 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

**** me.

If I have an ailment, I go the the doctor's.  He has a look, asks some questions, then prescribes medication.  I go home, start taking the medication but the first few doses don't appear to be making any difference.  It's not until the stuff has properly established in my system that I begin to feel the benefit.  That's why I don't go back to the doctor after one dose and complain that his treatment is shite.

I'm hoping our `ailment` is similar in that it will take a little time to eradicate the cause of the trouble.

3 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

If I have an ailment, I go the the doctor's.  He has a look, asks some questions, then prescribes medication.  I go home, start taking the medication but the first few doses don't appear to be making any difference.  It's not until the stuff has properly established in my system that I begin to feel the benefit.  That's why I don't go back to the doctor after one dose and complain that his treatment is shite.

I'm hoping our `ailment` is similar in that it will take a little time to eradicate the cause of the trouble.

Well put.  I just hope it works.

1 hour ago, PapaShango said:

As soon as it went 1-0 I couldn’t see a way back for us. We were powder puff the entire game and confidence is shot to bits. Not that it would have made any difference but how did Hanlon escape a second yellow chopping Shankland down for that free kick at the end? The resultant free kick just about summer us up, utter woeful. 

Agree. I just shook my head in resignation at the free kick attempt.  

And woeful refereeing not to send Hanlon the huddie, off. 

11 hours ago, feedthefox said:

But yes you’re right Robbie and Naismith now know better because they’ve seen him training.

I know. Glad we agree.

3 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

He is a kid, nowhere near ready for first team football, he has looked lost in every appearances he’s made, an unnecessary distraction and should be playing youth/B team football. 

No need to for the snidey reply, disagree by all means. I along with my 2 sons have been st holders for many years and attend away games when we can.

3 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

Better let Graham Arnold know......Guy considered good enough for the Aussie WC squad but not quite good enough for Hearts. Bloody hell that's some bar we have set.
Give the boy a chance and a decent run in the team, can't be any worse that what we see week on week. 

Edited by Hashimoto

1 hour ago, Trigger said:

I know. Glad we agree.

Ahh the old cut out one line from a wider piece and make into something it isn’t. Classic. 

We must be a huge scalp to the dross.

They're all over social media singing their anthems and "Wee Lee" practically bubbling into the mic.

All because they got one over us by the only solitary goal of a game dominate by neither team.

Time to move on.............

ViewfromtheEast

Thoughts on the game -

It lacked real quality but great desire by Hibs to get the victory whichever way it came. Thought Youan was tricky but final ball missing. Nisbet was a class apart, Newell had a cracking game and ran the midfield, Hanlon had a good game as did Stevenson. On another day we could have scored three or four. 

Views on that Hearts team -

Never, ever, have I seen a Hearts team at Easter Rd with such a a total lack of desire. The amount of games we've played you in my lifetime and been the better team but been sucker punched is unreal. And that usually came down to belief and desire. Yesterday I had, almost, (the scars run deep 😁) no fear of that Hearts team scoring. The only thing different from when we pumped Aberdeen was the score. Your players just did not look interested from kick off. 

As for the players themselves, jeeze, there isn't many I'd take over our starters. Lightweight, can't attack cohesively, too many players treating the ball like a hot potato, and just a very basic lack of composure. They looked like they wanted to be elsewhere. Worst Hearts team I've seen in my lifetime. No dig, none of the usual fight. Very poor and if you continue to play like that your end to the season will not be pretty. 

As much as I enjoyed yesterday I also feel for my Jambo pals having to watch that. Awful. Reminded me of the last days of Fenlon. That bad. 

All the fans in the SPL really want to see is desire and a competitive game, and given the money we all spend on our clubs it should be the bare minimum we get in return.  Not sure what's going on at Hearts just now but that team is rotten. 

Devlin is a man down, Rowles makes Hanlon look like Baresi, Shankland, who I rate, was wandering around looking for scraps and his lack of pace kills him in a line striker role,  Halliday looks done, Forrest has a wee trick or two but isn't really up to much, although he at least played to the best if his ability and gave the effort required, Kingsley looked terrified and Sibbick has quality but again, lightweight for a big unit and prone to an error. 

Hopefully we get top six and another derby, we've been very up and down this year and not much to shout about so I won't be crowing from the rooftops about a 1-0 victory over a pretty abject Hearts team. We had a chance to do a number on you yesterday and missed it big style. Bugger. 

Have a good day folks, it's only a game. 

Birregrande
On 13/04/2023 at 19:29, Smithee said:

I don't like to think about dreams, they're all Indiana Jones running into a cave which turns into your old school, and suddenly your granny's on drums again.

That last bit cracked me up!