***Official Hibernian v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

That's on the players today , there's players there not fit to wear the badge.

Why’s it on the players today? Has it not always been on the players? 

Did the head coach do everything right today? Were his substitutions correct, in your opinion?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pettigrewsstylist

• Hearts007

• Taffin

• Marvin

Nerja Jambo
2 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Fair enough but you posted on a match day thread to sack the board? Slight overreaction in my opinion.

I never said "sack the board" as I've explained you cannot sack them, which is a pity. You do realise by taking to long to see what Stevie Wonder could see by sacking Neilson weeks earlier this situation would probably have been avoided, but no, so now it's cost us £5 million and handed Aberdeen that same £5 million. Name one football decision they have made over the 9 years that has had a long term benefit for the club. We have gone 1 step forward sometimes, but always 1 step back and who is responsible for that. It's been a wide range of players, the 6 coaches, 2 Sporting directors and 1 board. The board, the 1 constant. 

LochcarronJambo
9 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

To be fair, if we win next week, I’d be hoping the Huns beat Aberdeen, and it’s down to 2 points with the sheep to come to ours, it’s all to play for mate 

Crazy thing is, its a big if that we can beat Ross County, should be a given, but todays players don’t look like they could beat anybody 

1 minute ago, Trigger said:

Why’s it on the players today? Has it not always been on the players? 

Did the head coach do everything right today? Were his substitutions correct, in your opinion?

Naturally, the players are more focused on just now because people expected a reaction with the management change.  If you think Naismith was going to turn it around in a couple of days, you are dreaming.  

What today did was maybe highlight who’s got the character and who’s not.

Not many came off with flying colours in that regard and with Naismith entitled to a clean slate and seeing things at close quarters, he can now judge. 

Or is Naismith to get the Stendel treatment and the previous management are exempt from blame regards the negative vibe and drop in standards that had set in previously? 

Cameronstheman
29 minutes ago, Trigger said:

He’s shite.

Maybe aye but hes the best of the shite we have right now

Who would you play instead ??

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

If you think Naismith was going to turn it around in a couple of days, you are dreaming.  

Correct. Lots of dreamers on the board going by the comments this week though.

Just now, Cameronstheman said:

Maybe aye but hes the best of the shite we have right now

Who would you play instead ??

He’s not.

Thats why he was on the bench.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

Aye.  Too much to go into, tbh.

Posers, lightweight, no brains, no anticipation, no proper workrate…..that’s a wee start.  

About right . I’m in pub now fevk it why not 

6 minutes ago, Nerja Jambo said:

I never said "sack the board" as I've explained you cannot sack them, which is a pity. You do realise by taking to long to see what Stevie Wonder could see by sacking Neilson weeks earlier this situation would probably have been avoided, but no, so now it's cost us £5 million and handed Aberdeen that same £5 million. Name one football decision they have made over the 9 years that has had a long term benefit for the club. We have gone 1 step forward sometimes, but always 1 step back and who is responsible for that. It's been a wide range of players, the 6 coaches, 2 Sporting directors and 1 board. The board, the 1 constant. 

Ok but on a Match day thread your only contribution after losing is to bang on about the board and bad decisions over the years. Your contribution i find is extreme. In my opinion the blame lies with the players and coaches for today. Ive never thought of myself as glass half full and tend to be critical but i think we'll just have agree to disagree and ill leave you to bash the club from top to bottom. 

Just back. We were well beaten. WTF has happened to Rowles, Halliday, Devlin and Kingsley. I honestly don’t have a clue. Getting to the stage I don’t give a Fek. Awful

2 hours ago, Imaman said:

Bullied all over the park today.

I’ve been saying this ALL season mate we need strength not just in defence but also midfield and someone that can mix it up a bit up front, we have no winners in the air we need a clear out in the summer Imo 

Jambo in Bathgate

There are players out of contract in the summer. Now is the time to stop worrying about losing them. It’s time to wait for the new manager before we make decisions. Also Humphries is a no no. Any player who can’t control the ball in the middle of the park in a promising position is no good to Hearts. 

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

Thought he beat Rangers twice. 

I meant at ER as the video was the 3:1 video was the victory down there. 

Devlin and Haliday were hiding the whole second half, didn't show for the ball at all, barely broke sweat standing in the centre circle hoping they don't have to get involved or take a pass. 

The only ones showing for the ball were Atkinson, Grant and McKay.

No need for two midfielders thinking they are only their for defensive duties, and they aren't very good at that. Midfielders show be finding the space to get a pass, not deliberately hiding behind the opposition forwards.

One of the main reasons we end up going side to side or backwards. 

Midfielders hiding or lazy. 

Edited by jambopilms

Fortunately we don’t lose many derbies, but the mindset has to change. Need a manager that is only here to win and nothing else.

Club has gone soft and that has to change.

Feels like another rebuild with the squad about to happen all over again.

Need a manager that commands respect and not afraid to kick arses.

2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Devlin and Haliday were hiding the whole second half, didn't show for the ball at all, barely broke sweat standing in the centre circle hoping they don't have to get involved or take a pass. 

The only ones showing for the ball were Atkinson, Grant and McKay.

No need for two midfielders thinking they are only their for defensive duties, and they aren't very good at that. Midfielders show be finding the space to get a pass, not deliberately hiding behind the opposition forwards.

As soon as Devlin gets booked the boss might as well sub him off. He literally stops doing everything he’s good at for fear of being sent off. 

No Idle Talk

Disappointing but not all that surprising.

Just need to keep plugging away and see where it takes us. At least the players looked like they cared today. 

27 minutes ago, sac said:

Fortunately we don’t lose many derbies, but the mindset has to change. Need a manager that is only here to win and nothing else.

Club has gone soft and that has to change.

Feels like another rebuild with the squad about to happen all over again.

Need a manager that commands respect and not afraid to kick arses.

All I want is a team that does the basics well and works hard. If our team could be boiled down to a player, Callum Paterson would be it. Talent and skill are pointless without application and I think at this level, working hard will see you right more than not. 

Put together a group of players prepared to work hard that are coachable and we're onto a winner. Delusions of grandeur about style of play etc can just get in the bin. Winning football is the style of play that matters. 

Get coaches in that can coach the players and improve basic skills and coach a way of playing that the players can carry out effectively. All this possession stuff is overly complicated and creates more issues than its worth. If that means playing hoofball, I don't care as long as we do it better than anyone else in the league. 

This season has been so frustrating. We're trying to play like Man City whilst barely being able to pass a ball under pressure.

DO THE BASICS RIGHT AND DO THEM WELL

Tom Hardy’s Dug
14 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Disappointing but not all that surprising.

Just need to keep plugging away and see where it takes us. At least the players looked like they cared today. 

Which ones?

1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

To be fair, if we win next week, I’d be hoping the Huns beat Aberdeen, and it’s down to 2 points with the sheep to come to ours, it’s all to play for mate 

True - it’s not the end of the world. 
I suppose because it’s Hibs, we’re all a bit more pissed off. 
Let’s give Naismith a chance. Time yet for him to make his mark on the playing squad and instil some belief and confidence.

As others have said though, we also need some leadership on the field.

Nerja Jambo
1 hour ago, stevie1874 said:

Ok but on a Match day thread your only contribution after losing is to bang on about the board and bad decisions over the years. Your contribution i find is extreme. In my opinion the blame lies with the players and coaches for today. Ive never thought of myself as glass half full and tend to be critical but i think we'll just have agree to disagree and ill leave you to bash the club from top to bottom. 

Ticketyboo. 

Is Naismith actually for real coming out with that? 

European games under the floodlights at Tynecastle, and getting away trips to foreign countries are the absolute best things we get to experience, second only to the (very)occasional cup win. 

But no, that doesn't matter.  Let's focus on a mid table finish, and earning draws all the time.

What a ****ing statement :vrface:

How many times did Hibs just hump it towards the corner and their runners were there first or at the very least putting pressure on us to make a mistake, which we did.

No awareness, no pace, no strength, no intelligence. Out muscled by Yohan and Nesbitt over and over.

What a shambles. what a fekin shambles. Why not start Humphrys ????  And Grant 🤣🤣🤣 what a waste of a jersey as is that charlatan Barrie Mackay. Actually sick of the sight of this team. Well beaten today and against a pish poor hibs team. Any other team in the division would have beat them today. An absolute disgrace what we have become. Next week ??? No chance of beating RC. No chance 

Edited by 1971fozzy

3 hours ago, BlueRiver said:

I'm here. I thought we rode our luck in the second of those games but that that in itself isn't a bad thing. Rangers and Celtic ride their luck in games all season. 

However everything since then has largely proven me wrong and I'll accept that. 

Fair play, mate. 👍

pettigrewsstylist
7 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Is Naismith actually for real coming out with that? 

European games under the floodlights at Tynecastle, and getting away trips to foreign countries are the absolute best things we get to experience, second only to the (very)occasional cup win. 

But no, that doesn't matter.  Let's focus on a mid table finish, and earning draws all the time.

What a ****ing statement :vrface:

Aye, he is in debit with me already after that presser. Sounds like preparation for dissapointnent in my eyes.

Little point trying to shield player with that nonsense after the last 6 days!

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I hope Naismith does really well for the rest of the season. But can we stop pretending that Naismith’s out of house press conferences are any good. They have been pretty bad so far.

pettigrewsstylist

If we see a repeat next week....**** me, half of them will be heading for treatment room for remainder season and phoning agents.

Doctor FinnBarr
2 hours ago, LochcarronJambo said:

Crazy thing is, its a big if that we can beat Ross County, should be a given, but todays players don’t look like they could beat anybody 

Couldn't beat an egg, I wasted a days holiday to watch that shit.

1 hour ago, OTT said:

All I want is a team that does the basics well and works hard. If our team could be boiled down to a player, Callum Paterson would be it. Talent and skill are pointless without application and I think at this level, working hard will see you right more than not. 

Put together a group of players prepared to work hard that are coachable and we're onto a winner. Delusions of grandeur about style of play etc can just get in the bin. Winning football is the style of play that matters. 

Get coaches in that can coach the players and improve basic skills and coach a way of playing that the players can carry out effectively. All this possession stuff is overly complicated and creates more issues than its worth. If that means playing hoofball, I don't care as long as we do it better than anyone else in the league. 

This season has been so frustrating. We're trying to play like Man City whilst barely being able to pass a ball under pressure.

DO THE BASICS RIGHT AND DO THEM WELL

Well put, as they say Football is a simple game

we have been over complicating it at Tynecastle for the last few years 

like you, I just want a winning team on the park, until we can afford players like Barcelona or Man City, then we find a system that suits the players we have within our budget, it’s the SPFL and 9/10 like it or not, in this league hard work physicality and effort will beat fancy dan tippy tappy silky soccer, like it or not that’s the case

if we require direct football with a 6’3 centre forward and two big bruising centre half’s to win most weeks, I’m quite happy to watch that, cos what we are watching now isn’t football 

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

If we see a repeat next week....**** me, half of them will be heading for treatment room for remainder season and phoning agents.

The vast majority can leave anytime 

I'd like someone, anyone, from Hearts to explain the situation regarding Kuol. There was so much fanfare around getting this guy in and yet every week without fail he's on the bench and remains an unused sub, we are criminally short of pace and have no out ball as a result. I had it in my head that Naismith would play him but here we go again 1 nil down needing a goal or something to provide a spark and Naismith turns to the bench runs his eyes along who he has and brings on Kio. Am I missing something? 

The unsaid thing here is that we were abject and Hibs struggled to win that game, wee fat Lee has been 1 game away from the sack twice this season and he's been lucky that the teams turning up have been shite. 

Make no mistake even a half decent Hearts team would have won that today and if a Hibs team turned up at Tynecastle playing as badly as we did today we would have taken 4 off them.

Still a chance they could miss top 6, this papers over the cracks for them

2 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

Am I missing something? 

Do you see Kuol in training every day?

Are you as qualified as Robbie Neilson or Steven Naismith?

There’s your answer.

LochcarronJambo
22 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

I'd like someone, anyone, from Hearts to explain the situation regarding Kuol. There was so much fanfare around getting this guy in and yet every week without fail he's on the bench and remains an unused sub, we are criminally short of pace and have no out ball as a result. I had it in my head that Naismith would play him but here we go again 1 nil down needing a goal or something to provide a spark and Naismith turns to the bench runs his eyes along who he has and brings on Kio. Am I missing something? 

You are totally right, minus 10 to Naismith there, we needed something different a change up front, Kuol stays seated ffs, he hasnt shown much but had to flip coin 

LochcarronJambo
36 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We are such a pushover, 

eight fouls in a derby. 
Huge problems to be solved. 

Totally right mate, how the f does a Hearts team not be up for it against  them , controlled aggression not stand off let them do anything , totally p’d off

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, LochcarronJambo said:

Totally right mate, how the f does a Hearts team not be up for it against  them , controlled aggression not stand off let them do anything , totally p’d off

We are so used to bossing them all 

over the pitch, like everyone else they bully us. McKay the only one who won his personal battle tells a story. Tough to see where we go from here. 

Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, Bozi said:

The unsaid thing here is that we were abject and Hibs struggled to win that game, wee fat Lee has been 1 game away from the sack twice this season and he's been lucky that the teams turning up have been shite. 

Make no mistake even a half decent Hearts team would have won that today and if a Hibs team turned up at Tynecastle playing as badly as we did today we would have taken 4 off them.

Still a chance they could miss top 6, this papers over the cracks for them

Would you not rather play them again than Livi or St Mirren? Another Derby might be the only thing left to look forward to this season. 

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Would you not rather play them again than Livi or St Mirren? Another Derby might be the only thing left to look forward to this season. 

I would rather Hibs finished bottom 6 with no opportunity of Europe and less income from prize position in the league

August Landmesser
4 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

6 days of no Goodwin worked ok for Aberdeen.

Barry Robson lost his first game 3-1, started the winning run in his second game 

So I guess there's hope for us yet...

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, 19/05/2012 said:

I would rather Hibs finished bottom 6 with no opportunity of Europe and less income from prize position in the league

Theres that too obviously, would prefer to rectify today’s result but theres guarantee these useless ***** would.