Suitable managers

Sertse

Aussie Jambo

I would have Stendel back. Never really given the chance. Budgie wouldn’t want him back though as he doesn’t wear Harry Potter glasses or have a heed like Mr Potato Head. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• Bazzas right boot

• soonbe110

• Cruyff

Bongo 1874
3 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

I would have Stendel back. Never really given the chance. Budgie wouldn’t want him back though as he doesn’t wear Harry Potter glasses or have a heed like Mr Potato Head. 

🤣🤣

Aussie Jambo

My mate wants Big Dunc? 

Now he’d be another man that could do the job. Currently EFL and Forest Green Rovers whoever the feck they are. 🤷‍♂️

Bongo 1874
1 minute ago, Aussie Jambo said:

My mate wants Big Dunc? 

Now he’d be another man that could do the job. Currently EFL and Forest Green Rovers whoever the feck they are. 🤷‍♂️

Looking like Naismith according to daily record.

9 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

My mate wants Big Dunc? 

Just been relegated to League Two. Fab. 🤣

Aussie Jambo
9 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Just seen that. 

D9359FC2-191D-40B9-A333-8E8A52FC6A31.png

Bazzas right boot
30 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I believe it's time bazza 😁

Please stay on topic. 

Agentjambo
13 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Mind this is the same rag that said it was John Kennedy last week 🤨

DesertDawg
7 hours ago, Daveandal said:

I'd be happy with Naismith. He seems very motivated.

I think it would mean Savage having near total control of recruitment when it was more Hybrid with him and Robbie.

The only note of caution I'd have is form and results didn't change much under him. We were more direct and had more energy but it was 2 wins from 7 and he failed to beat Hibs twice. It wasn't all sugar and honey.

And it could easily have been 5 or 6 wins from 7, maybe even 7 if Haring hadn't been INCORRECTLY sent off in Paisley, never mind the other appalling refereeing decisions that went on, and on to Saturday.  

Bongo 1874
8 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Mind this is the same rag that said it was John Kennedy last week 🤨

Naismith will get it mate,the board take influence from certain circles, and he will be a cheaper option.

Really they should take the hit as it was them,that handed Robbie and Jig new deals.

Naismith is the right character to have within the dressing room and club.

I just hope we haven't given the manager's job too early, as this could ruin us and him.

Bongo 1874
13 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Please stay on topic. 

I am and stendel is my choice , can you show me Robbies doc on sky please.

3 hours ago, indianajones said:

Just noticed Gernnaro Gattuso still doesnt have a job.

Imagine the scenes with that lunatic on the touchline. Would be up for it to be honest. 

Him and Naisy working as a team. Imagine the carnage in the techno area after the next derby.....

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I am and stendel is my choice , can you show me Robbies doc on sky please.

Is he?

You should have said. 

Hackney Hearts

Quite keen on SN getting it, if only so we get to see the next Naismith v Johnson bout.

🥊

"We don't like each other" 

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

And it could easily have been 5 or 6 wins from 7, maybe even 7 if Haring hadn't been INCORRECTLY sent off in Paisley, never mind the other appalling refereeing decisions that went on, and on to Saturday.  

Could easily have been 5 defeats as well.

Bongo 1874
2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Is he?

You should have said. 

I did 3 years ago , only too watch Robbie chuck a 11 point lead over Aberdeen, fail massively in cup finals,get horshed in Europe.

All when he was the best backed manager since Levein most recently.

adambraejambo
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:
TABLE REGIONALLIGA NORD

# Club   +/- Pts
1   VfB Lübeck VfB Lübeck 36 45 76
2   Hamburger SV II Hamburger SV II 36 33 75
3   Hannover 96 II Hannover 96 II 36 27

This combo Ann.

0_19796155.jpg

I have heard of Hamburger SV and Hannover so obv they will have reserve/B teams. Can't say I have ever heard of VFB Lùbeck. If we were to go for a manager at that level (mean really low) would it not be better getting the guy who managed to win the league . 

Naisys Tackle
18 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Quite keen on SN getting it, if only so we get to see the next Naismith v Johnson bout.

🥊

"We don't like each other" 

Wee Lees Robbies pal.   Robbie and co hate Naismith.   

Probably a really good reason for me to back Naisy tbf.

Bongo 1874
1 minute ago, adambraejambo said:

I have heard of Hamburger SV and Hannover so obv they will have reserve/B teams. Can't say I have ever heard of VFB Lùbeck. If we were to go for a manager at that level (mean really low) would it not be better getting the guy who managed to win the league . 

No as if you look VFB play a far older team 😉.

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, adambraejambo said:

Ali Dia played for them. 

6 hours ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Where you getting that from. Seems like an interesting story in there somewhere.

5 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Looks like the job is Naismith’s

Hope so, then we can move on to Savage furnishing him with some decent signings early doors.

10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Where you getting that from. Seems like an interesting story in there somewhere.

There was chat that Neilson was keeping SN at arms length and away from the first team. Lee and RN were pals and played in the sane team probably along with the jobs assistant. Why Robbie kept SN isn’t known I don’t think but maybe he had too much to say for himself about what was going on on and off the park ? Pure speculation from me though. 

5 minutes ago, Dazo said:

There was chat that Neilson was keeping SN at arms length and away from the first team. Lee and RN were pals and played in the sane team probably along with the jobs assistant. Why Robbie kept SN isn’t known I don’t think but maybe he had too much to say for himself about what was going on on and off the park ? Pure speculation from me though. 

Cheers, Can't remember hearing that but now you mention it I do remember Naismith appearing on the touchlines for a few first team games and then not. Forgot Naismith must've known Lee when he played for us

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I did 3 years ago , only too watch Robbie chuck a 11 point lead over Aberdeen, fail massively in cup finals,get horshed in Europe.

All when he was the best backed manager since Levein most recently.

You've missed a lot out there, but at least your having fun again now.

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Lee and RN played in the same team?

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Cheers, Can't remember hearing that but now you mention it I do remember Naismith appearing on the touchlines for a few first team games and then not. Forgot Naismith must've known Lee when he played for us

Yep guessing Naismith couldn’t keep his opinions to himself RN didn’t like what he had to say. 

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Lee and RN played in the same team?

That was a random thought in how their paths crossed. Timelines probably miles out. 😂

Just now, Dazo said:

That was a random thought in how their paths crossed. Timelines probably miles out. 😂

Must've been the same time surely. Lee was during Romanov and Robbie was here for most of that

1 minute ago, Dazo said:

They did.  Johnston was with us for about 6 months in 2006 which coincided with the tackle and the penalty in the Gretna cup final. Not sure if they ever played in same team because Johnston hardly played but they certainly trained together for a while. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

Must've been the same time surely. Lee was during Romanov and Robbie was here for most of that

Yep that was my thoughts but didn’t actually know for sure or check. 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

They did.  Johnston was with us for about 6 months in 2006 which coincided with the tackle and the penalty in the Gretna cup final. Not sure if they ever played in same team because Johnston hardly played but they certainly trained together for a while. 

👍 worded badly actually meant at the club at the same time. 

Edited by Dazo

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Ffs, I thought he meant Lee, the ex assistant manager.

Him and Naismith were in the same team I think.

If Naismith gets it I wonder who he'll want as his assistants? It would be good to have Frank McAvoy back to the academy and possibly Gordon Forrest manager of the B team. These three are already on the same page as SN in terms of how we want to play so let's get the kids coming throug knowing what's required of them.

I'd imagine Naismith will have sounded out a few potentials he would like if he gets the job.

It should be Naismith that gets the job. He has the right attitude and his style of play is what we've been wanting,  3 of the games he's been in charge we've had guys sent off and apart from the celtic game we never crumbled. He's motivated the players even Atkinson looks decent now. He came in to a dressing room that was allegedly split and low on confidence and turned it around. Bet he goes onto bigger and better than hearts as manager.

24 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

If Naismith gets it I wonder who he'll want as his assistants? It would be good to have Frank McAvoy back to the academy and possibly Gordon Forrest manager of the B team. These three are already on the same page as SN in terms of how we want to play so let's get the kids coming throug knowing what's required of them.

I'd imagine Naismith will have sounded out a few potentials he would like if he gets the job.

It'll be quite interesting to see who he goes for. Gordon Forrest likely to stay? You'd imagine the sensible choice will be an established assistant somewhere else but it wouldn't surprise me if he went for someone who recently stopped playing with little coaching experience.

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It'll be quite interesting to see who he goes for. Gordon Forrest likely to stay? You'd imagine the sensible choice will be an established assistant somewhere else but it wouldn't surprise me if he went for someone who recently stopped playing with little coaching experience.

The Daily Record article made out that Gordon Forrest is going to stay on. I will be intrigued by the assistant manager choice, as you say a sensible one would be an experienced one but ultimately it comes down who Naismith thinks will work best with him and get the most out of the team.

I also think that the club also needs to take the appointment of Hearts B manager seriously. Look how they came on under Naismith, if brining youngsters through is the goal of the club then you need someone who can work with them and develop them. Naismith demonstrated it doesn't need to be someone with a lot of experience, just needs someone with the right talents.

22 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

The Daily Record article made out that Gordon Forrest is going to stay on. I will be intrigued by the assistant manager choice, as you say a sensible one would be an experienced one but ultimately it comes down who Naismith thinks will work best with him and get the most out of the team.

I also think that the club also needs to take the appointment of Hearts B manager seriously. Look how they came on under Naismith, if brining youngsters through is the goal of the club then you need someone who can work with them and develop them. Naismith demonstrated it doesn't need to be someone with a lot of experience, just needs someone with the right talents.

Forest has been taking a lot of interest in the young players so I’d hope he was a candidate to replace Naismith. Good fit for B team manager 

8 hours ago, Naisys Tackle said:

This is the nuts of it.

Numbnuts on here like i8 claiming Naisy is a cheap, safe option and only getting it as part of the tea party and scone club.

Miles off. MILES!! SN is no ones bitch. If anything hes a pr nightmare cos he will cause rammies and wont tow the line.

Thats a good thing imo. Only issue we have is he'll be learning on the job. Needs a good, steady number 2 beside him.

Not the cheap option. Certainly not the safe option. An exciting option? I think so, personally.

TyphoonJambo

Does anyone know the timeline for a managerial decision? I'd assume,with such a short window for recruitment and preseason,time is of the essence.

Gutted were not back in malaga this  summer

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Agree entirely about the B team. We need as much coaching talent as we can afford at every level. As I mentioned above I think Gordon Forrest would be an excellent choice and it should be regarded as a promotion to a vital role in the future of the club, not just finding him any old job.

The first team assistants will be part of the management team. Absolutely vital to get and pay for the right quality of coach. I'm sure Naismith will want only those he deems he can trust and who buy into his plans. Interesting times.

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

This is the nuts of it.

Numbnuts on here like i8 claiming Naisy is a cheap, safe option and only getting it as part of the tea party and scone club.

Miles off. MILES!! SN is no ones bitch. If anything hes a pr nightmare cos he will cause rammies and wont tow the line.

Thats a good thing imo. Only issue we have is he'll be learning on the job. Needs a good, steady number 2 beside him.

Not the cheap option. Certainly not the safe option. An exciting option? I think so, personally.

This is spot on for me, it's actually really refreshing that someone like Naisy will be getting the gig (hopefully!), because I was expecting another yes man, but by appointing Naisy, this really should be a change of direction for us, and I'm excited to see who he fancies as players and who he brings in, because he won't suffer fools gladly. 

2 hours ago, stuart500 said:

Forrest seems to be well liked and respected and by all accounts a very good coach so I’ll assume he’ll be kept on in some capacity. SN will want to bring in someone of his own too though and I’m torn between a younger coach/ex player he knows and is on the same wavelength with or an older experienced guy he knows that he feels he can continue to develop from. 

Unknown user
2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Lee signed January 06, Robbie was in the team then

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

My only concern with Forrest is that he's been Robbie's man at Utd then us, don't want us having an unsettled back room staff mid season if he up sticks the second Robbie gets a new gig somewhere. 

I am gonna temper expectations on Naismith slightly, it's alright being a young, adventurous coach with designs on attacking football.l and talking a good game.

I remember Robbie Nielson started off an attacking young,adventurous coach with designs on attacking football who talked really well and upset his rivals. Under Robbie we went to Ibrox with no fear and swept aside Hibs and Rangers in the league, it was when the realisation hit that this is a results business that he started to become cautious, strangling the teams creativity and not having a plan B.

What happens if the attacking flair leaves us too open at the back, that we lose games by being too open, does Naismith have the coaching nouns to change plan, find different ways to be expansive? 

Drylaw Hearts
53 minutes ago, Ribble said:

My only concern with Forrest is that he's been Robbie's man at Utd then us, don't want us having an unsettled back room staff mid season if he up sticks the second Robbie gets a new gig somewhere. 

I doubt GF would fancy a move to Brechin.