**** Heart Of Midlothian V St Mirren OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD ****

Masonic

27 minutes ago, leginten said:

There was a whole fortnight to do this during the international break. The writing has been on the wall for some considerable time now, and the absolutely inexcusable capitulation at Pittodrie was the reddest of red flags.

I don’t disagree with that, mate. There are undoubtedly problems to be addressed.

Just saying I think we need a calm response to the crisis, and to stick together as a group.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pettigrewsstylist

• Pasquale for King

• Clark Griswold

• Naisys Tackle

upgotheheads
8 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

I don’t disagree with that, mate. There are undoubtedly problems to be addressed.

Just saying I think we need a calm response to the crisis, and to stick together as a group.

Yup,I agree.

Francis Albert

Some Robbie fan boy said earlier that the players were throwing Robbie under a bus. 

Sounds like the start of a plan to me.

Literally I mean.

Edited by Francis Albert

Bazzas right boot

Bit of a shit show today and the poor defending continues.

We aren't playing well, but as with Killie were in a good position to get something and were  undone by really poor defending .

When the chips are down and confidence is low the basics you do is defend well so that gives you a platform to nick a goal and then you can turn things round, but we aren't defending well.

Whether it be the formation or individual mistakes our defending is terrible and has been all reason, St Mirren won every header of note  in our box today, I counted 6/7 they won in our box in the first half. I gave up counting second half.

The team is trying- i don't think anyone has given up , but it's disjointed and teams just need to be very average v us, before we ultimately make a defensive mistake and they score and we can't recover. S Mirren just went direct and allowed us to make mistakes, they never even played well, it's too easy to beat us atm.

We reversed this early on in the season but seem a bit clueless on how to do it this time.

Individually we are not winning our defensive battles, Rowles is weak, Hill the same and Kinglsey has become very poor v last last season.

Main bullied all 3 of them and looked like Macro Van Basten reborn.

Bob may get to see the season out, but if Hibs beat us then he may be sacked, unsure if that will help us improve in the short or long term but if Hibs beat us, then we might be looking at 5th or 6th place which imo is sacking territory.

Ofc, beat Hibs and then carry that on against Ross county we will likely be 3rd again with all to play for but the 3 games from today did have a bit of a ultimatum feeling around them.

First one has been failed.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

StirlingJambo

Glad I missed game today. Usual boring old pish. First thing new manger needs to do🤞is a full new midfield as we currently have nobody in there who can play or control a game. 

A_A wehatethehibs
9 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Bit of a shit show today and the poor defending continues.

We aren't playing well, but as with Killie were in a good position to get something and were  undone by really poor defending .

When the chips are down and confidence is low the basics you do is defend well so that gives you a platform to nick a goal and then you can turn things round, but we aren't defending well.

Whether it be the formation or individual mistakes our defending is terrible and has been all reason, St Mirren won every header of note  in our box today, I counted 6/7 they won in our box in the first half. I gave up counting second half.

The team is trying- i don't think anyone has given up , but it's disjointed and teams just need to be very average v us, before we ultimately make a defensive mistake and they score and we can't recover. S Mirren just went direct and allowed us to make mistakes, they never even played well, it's too easy to beat us atm.

We reversed this early on in the season but seem a bit clueless on how to do it this time.

Individually we are not winning our defensive battles, Rowles is weak, Hill the same and Kinglsey has become very poor v last last season.

Main bullied all 3 of them and looked like Macro Van Basten reborn.

Bob may get to see the season out, but if Hibs beat us then he may be sacked, unsure if that will help us improve in the short or long term but if Hibs beat us, then we might be looking at 5th or 6th place which imo is sacking territory.

Ofc, beat Hibs and then carry that on against Ross county we will likely be 3rd again with all to play for but the 3 games from today did have a bit of a ultimatum feeling around them.

First one has been failed.

Good of you to show face and think the stick you get for supporting and backing the manager is not right.

But 6 Ls out of 7 and players downing tools and chucking it at Tynecastle today… it’s over.

Getting him out now before ER is the right thing to do. Only way to change the direction of travel from plummeting all they way to 6th is to roll the dice now. Got to go. I had hoped he would start swinging and fighting but that today… no 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Good of you to show face and think the stick you get for supporting and backing the manager is not right.

But 6 Ls out of 7 and players downing tools and chucking it at Tynecastle today… it’s over.

Getting him out now before ER is the right thing to do. Only way to change the direction of travel from plummeting all they way to 6th is to roll the dice now. Got to go. I had hoped he would start swinging and fighting but that today… no 

TBF, I thought the team tried hard, I never seen downing tools as the issue.

Rowles imo lost his battle with Main who tbf scores a cracker and our defending from cross and high balls goes from bad to worse. Shocking all season, so vulnerable.

Aberdeen had the same issue as us but got 2 new central defenders in and Shinnie, they then continued to score goals as they did under Goodwin but in the tight games they can defend well and don't fall apart and started to win a few away.

Change of manager won't turn our current centre halfs into brave, ball winners who can defend their box imo, only Halket does this or new signings. Although it is Bobs fault for not insisting on a proper ball winner to come in or picking up defenders who aren't mature or brave enough without Halket to hold their hand.

If the players have downed tools and he's lost the dressing room then he should be sacked as he can't turn that around but imo it's made up nonsense.

I just seen a team that is fragile in confidence, maybe missing streets smarts and defending poorly is costing us games.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Pete Elliott
Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

Rowles imo lost his battle with Main who tbf scores a cracker and our defending from cross and high balls goes from bad to worse. Shocking all season, so veulnerable.

Aberdeen had the same issue as us but got 2 new central defenders in and Shinnie, they then continued to score goals as they did under Goodwin but in the tight games they can defend well and don't fall apart and started to win a few away.

Change of manager won't turn our current centre halfs into brave, ball winners who can defend their box imo, only Halket does this or new signings. Although it is Bobs fault for not insisting on a proper ball winner to come in or picking up defenders who aren't mature or brave enough without Halket to hold their hand.

If the players have downed tools and he's lost the dressing room then he should be sacked as he can't turn that around but imo it's made up nonsense.

I just seen a team that is fragile in confidence, maybe missing streets smarts and defending poorly is costing us games.

Genuinely didn’t think most of the players gave their all today. Loads were just going through the motions and none of them appeared willing to bust a gut to save Neilson’s neck.

4 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

Genuinely didn’t think most of the players gave their all today. Loads were just going through the motions and none of them appeared willing to bust a gut to save Neilson’s neck.

The problem with Neilson is that he fails to learn from his mistakes and instead blames everybody else.

A_A wehatethehibs
9 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Rowles imo lost his battle with Main who tbf scores a cracker and our defending from cross and high balls goes from bad to worse. Shocking all season, so veulnerable.

The players didn’t look like running through a brick wall to save their manager IMO. That’s what it boils down to. That to me is what losing a dressing room is. St Mirren had a pretty comfortable game all in all. He’s panicked and he’s out of ideas I’m afraid. Same as that at ER… ? no. Can’t happen. He would get scudded there with that. So let him go then it’s all eyes on the players and players only.

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

The players didn’t look like running through a brick wall to save their manager IMO. That’s what it boils down to. That to me is what losing a dressing room is. St Mirren had a pretty comfortable game all in all. He’s panicked and he’s out of ideas I’m afraid. Same as that at ER… ? no. Can’t happen. He would get scudded there with that. So let him go then it’s all eyes on the players and players only.

Fair doos, I thought the players tried hard enough, just a bit shit, especially at the back.

1 hour ago, PortyBeach said:

You make some good points - there’s no doubt the team has been underperforming for some time and that needs addressed.
I think all this points to the need for a calm - but certainly urgent - need for an honest and thorough appraisal of what’s going wrong. 
There will be no quick fix. We didn’t get into this mess overnight. But the club owes it to the fans, and to itself as a leading Scottish club, to resolve this quickly.

But let’s keep some perspective. I’ve supported Hearts long enough to have endured worse, much worse, situations than this.

Let’s demand remedial action from the club by all means, but we also need to realise how important it is to close ranks and keep the faith. Let’s not lose sight of that.
Things are tough just now, but we can and will get through this.

It’s this soft hope for the best attitude that’s the underlying root cause of acceptance of failure at this club that permeates throughout from boardroom downwards.

Edited by Rannoch

The bottom line is, (actually, there may be a few) St Mirren’s half time team talk looked better than ours. 

Again, we come out half paced, no intent , no togetherness in our play or anger to go and win the game. 

It falls on the manager when the same habits happen. Yes, the players play it out but it’s borne out of how they are honed.  Also, when a manager can’t trigger the right change for the better, it becomes obvious with every defeat or sub standard performance. 

Is it more worrying if the players have chucked it, or if the players are still trying their best but comfortably lose at home to St Mirren regardless? Genuine question. 

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, chrystaf said:

It all revolves around next Saturday.  A win and he has one life back.  A loss and he should go.  If it is a win, then we should keep a close eye on further performances and results after the split..  Because if we loose out on Europe that impacts on the finances we would have expected and these would have a bearing on our ability to finance better players going forward.   

It's a massive call.

Not a chance, he had to go after last weeks game, and now we’ve gambled with £5m by keeping him in place and it’s backfired miserably, as I expected it to, and you want to give him the derby next week? Absolutely not a chance! 

5 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

The bottom line is, (actually, there may be a few) St Mirren’s half time team talk looked better than ours. 

Again, we come out half paced, no intent , no togetherness in our play or anger to go and win the game. 

It falls on the manager when the same habits happen. Yes, the players play it out but it’s borne out of how they are honed.  Also, when a manager can’t trigger the right change for the better, it becomes obvious with every defeat or sub standard performance. 

Good post. His race is run. I’m hopeful but not confident the board will see this and act. 

16 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Rowles imo lost his battle with Main who tbf scores a cracker and our defending from cross and high balls goes from bad to worse. Shocking all season, so vulnerable.

See when Kingsley has acres of space ahead of him and instead of bursting up the line like he has for years, he elects to put his foot on the ball and pass it back to the centre half? That’s downing tools.

When Smith runs out after a goal kick with his head down, not looking at the keeper and making damn sure he doesn’t get passed the ball? That’s downing tools.

See when instead of running and jockeying a player on the ball, Snodgrass thinks ‘**** it, I’ve had enough of this shit’ and just smashes a player to get sent off? That’s downing tools.

When no ****, ABSOLUTELY NO **** puts their body on the line or challenges for headers etc. That’s downing tools. 

2 minutes ago, Rannoch said:

It’s this soft hope for the best attitude that’s the underlying root cause of acceptance of failure at this club that permeates throughout from boardroom downwards.

I’m not advocating “soft hope”, mate. I’m advocating taking action - but in a measured way. 
Easier said than done at the moment, but responding emotionally won’t help us in my view.

1 minute ago, PortyBeach said:

I’m not advocating “soft hope”, mate. I’m advocating taking action - but in a measured way. 
Easier said than done at the moment, but responding emotionally won’t help us in my view.

Sometimes you just need to act. We are literally losing every game so that time is right now. Put a manager in provisionally and take it from there. You’re overthinking it imo. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Sometimes you just need to act. We are literally losing every game so that time is right now. Put a manager in provisionally and take it from there. You’re overthinking it imo. 

Fair point. Time will tell, no doubt.

Butterbean1874

We've probably the best squad we've had in years,far better players than all the teams outside the Uglies,but Robbie just canny get the best out of them been so unfortunate with injuries this season but omg PLAY PLAYERS IN THERE NORMAL POSITION,the play is so so slow,this pish tippy tappy from the back our players no good enough to do that,fans want to see hi tempo attacking football can't always do that against the uglies but have a go, 1 striker up front most wks at home to the so called weaker teams,442 & get in aboot them ,do the right thing board n get rid get someone in to play a settled system & team don't over complicate it 

LogicalEric
5 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

One good thing today, Haring looked good when he came on, clutching at straws I know.

Seriously? He looked miles off if.

19 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Good post. His race is run. I’m hopeful but not confident the board will see this and act. 

The Hibs game is two things the board should consider.  

Is it his chance of redemption or we need the new manager bounce because the situation is too far gone?

2 minutes ago, LogicalEric said:

Seriously? He looked miles off if.

Folk are clutching at straws with Haring.  He’s finished. The fact he might be a better option than most of our other midfielders is a testament to how shite we are in midfield, as anyone who’s watched us this season will know. 

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, DS98 said:

See when Kingsley has acres of space ahead of him and instead of bursting up the line like he has for years, he elects to put his foot on the ball and pass it back to the centre half? That’s downing tools.

When Smith runs out after a goal kick with his head down, not looking at the keeper and making damn sure he doesn’t get passed the ball? That’s downing tools.

See when instead of running and jockeying a player on the ball, Snodgrass thinks ‘**** it, I’ve had enough of this shit’ and just smashes a player to get sent off? That’s downing tools.

When no ****, ABSOLUTELY NO **** puts their body on the line or challenges for headers etc. That’s downing tools. 

first 2 - Lack of confidence imo.

The tackle he was a bit unlucky, I thought he actually made a good tackle, he burst a gut to get back and make it.

The headers things has been an issue all season, it's more a Halkett and not replacing him  thing imo.

Imo, no tools were downed.

heartsfc_fan
10 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

One good thing today, Haring looked good when he came on, clutching at straws I know.

Looked a bit lost for the first few minutes but settled down a bit.

Yes, clutching at straws but at least it gives us another option in the middle.

LogicalEric
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Folk are clutching at straws with Haring.  He’s finished. The fact he might be a better option than most of our other midfielders is a testament to how shite we are in midfield, as anyone who’s watched us this season will know. 

Exactly mate. The fact he comes on for his first appearance in months when we're down fo 10 men ahead of a fully fit player we spent 400k on speaks volumes. First three things Haring did were to give away possession, he had one run forward with the ball and all of a sudden that's a big plus point. Sums up how dire we are at the moment

Just now, jonesy said:

I don’t want any Hearts manager getting punted on the back of a derby defeat. He should go now. 

That’s what I feel. 

LogicalEric
26 minutes ago, DS98 said:

This in spades. We have far too many bluffers who are are good at making out that they're doing something when they clearly don't want it. Grant and Kingsley down the left were painful to watch today. Quite liked Snodgrass at first but he's turning into one of these greeting faced pointers that blames everyone else before looking at himself.

I think today, in tough times, you saw in maroon jersey’s who’s actually got some baws. 

Cammy , as ever, ran himself ragged, tried to be positive.   It bemuses when half our team can’t come close to playing with that spirit, it should be a basic.  

Players have different make ups and abilities but asking for guts is something you shouldn’t need to do.

All the same, it can come from how a manager builds his team, knowing the character of player he is signing etc….which you know will be there when the time comes. 

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

The board need to grow a pair tonight and give whoever takes the gig till the end of the season a week to get the players heads focused for the derby.  

Totally agree. Get it done pronto.  

pettigrewsstylist
10 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

first 2 - Lack of confidence imo.

The tackle he was a bit unlucky, I thought he actually made a good tackle, he burst a gut to get back and make it.

The headers things has been an issue all season, it's more a Halkett and not replacing him  thing imo.

Imo, no tools were downed.

After 40 games? Its time to say our coaches cant coach.

upgotheheads
12 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Then our players are just plain keich. 

Both St, Mirren goals came from errors by us. The first from a loss of possession wide right because our player (don't know who it was) didn't have an out-ball. The second from a sclaffed clearance that went out for a throw, which led to the second goal. But there were loads of these losses of possession and mis-placed passes throughout the game.

Clark Griswold
16 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I don’t want any Hearts manager getting punted on the back of a derby defeat. He should go now. 

Unfortunately I think he’s here till the end of the season regardless. Hope I am wrong 

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Then our players are just plain keich. 

Maybe, or low on confidence, missing injured players etc, normal stuff that happens in poor form.

Or, maybe they have downed tools?

Rick Sanchez

If you can't be arsed with your management at work or don't like or believe in what you're doing, what's your general attitude or body language like?

Unless you're a stellar employee like :laugh:

God help us next week if that's the best we can do.

Highly paid players who can't do the basics and a manager who does not have a clue.

Another 0 minutes for Kuol he must really be loving it up here 😕 crest of a wave after scoring for his country then coming back to watching last 2 shit games from bench 

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I think today, in tough times, you saw in maroon jersey’s who’s actually got some baws. 

Cammy , as ever, ran himself ragged, tried to be positive.   It bemuses when half our team can’t come close to playing with that spirit, it should be a basic.  

Players have different make ups and abilities but asking for guts is something you shouldn’t need to do.

All the same, it can come from how a manager builds his team, knowing the character of player he is signing etc….which you know will be there when the time comes. 

Agreed. He loves to talk about what the team needs to do, win 1st and 2nd balls, individual battles etc but has assembled a squad of weak players who are unable or unwilling to do these things. 

LochcarronJambo

In the door, just now-angry (upsets a few when you state you angry but I am), spend a fortune & so much time on following Hearts, ma choice I know…. But to go & watch that insipid mind blowing ly bad performance against a well organised but ultimately  poor team after what’s been thought & said in last week was a joke…. We been poor lately but I expected a reaction, fight & desire, but no its obvious the players don’t get it, not one single player had a good game & from the off it was obvious Neilson had not instilled anything in them….. for God’s sake please Neilson had your notice in & to every Hearts player tonight I hope you don’t sleep you were pathetic

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Another 0 minutes for Kuol he must really be loving it up here 😕 crest of a wave after scoring for his country then coming back to watching last 2 shit games from bench 

Especially when we crying out for a bit of pace or something off the cuff, Forrest is an honest trier but shouldn’t be starting games when we leave better options on the bench. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, LochcarronJambo said:

In the door, just now-angry (upsets a few when you state you angry but I am), spend a fortune & so much time on following Hearts, ma choice I know…. But to go & watch that insipid mind blowing ly bad performance against a well organised but ultimately  poor team after what’s been thought & said in last week was a joke…. We been poor lately but I expected a reaction, fight & desire, but no its obvious the players don’t get it, not one single player had a good game & from the off it was obvious Neilson had not instilled anything in them….. for God’s sake please Neilson had your notice in & to every Hearts player tonight I hope you don’t sleep you were pathetic

Spot on

LochcarronJambo
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Spot on

Thanks mate, just totally p****d off - 10 hours there & back , accept when we lose if there is fight, but none today & thats what is so annoying. A manager that cannot change set up & tactics to suit & players that really were dreadful today & should be looking at themselves big time

Pasquale for King
Just now, LochcarronJambo said:

Thanks mate, just totally p****d off - 10 hours there & back , accept when we lose if there is fight, but none today & thats what is so annoying. A manager that cannot change set up & tactics to suit & players that really were dreadful today & should be looking at themselves big time

Definitely, I live 5 minutes away and I am still annoyed so I can only imagine how guys like yourself who make such an effort to go to games must feel. Hats off to you all. 

Exile fae Main Street

I live too far away to get to games, still a Foundation Member/Donator, sometimes doubt I'll ever get back,  but pray I do!

RN has presided over our beloved Football Club, and had enough opportunities to get it right.

Since he came back, he stumbled to  Championship title, and a defeat to Brora Rangers notwithstanding,  then a 3rd place finish when everybody else was piss poor and we had a settled side and good fortune injury wise, until we lost Beni,who was never replaced (when someone has an ACL, the possibility exists that they will never be the player they were) Anyway I digress....this season.....a lot has been made of the lead we've chucked away.....but how did we attain that lead? By getting freak results wi last minute penalties when down tae 10 men, wonderful as it felt at the time...and some other examples of good fortune.....now every team has good and bad luck over a Season,injuries et al

.....but a Managers role is to get his players to be able to get the basics right, to try and negate the bad luck as it occurs and welcome the good, like the afore mentioned game, and the two 3-0 Hibs games, and 5-0 Sheep match, all fantastic as they were at the time....but would swap that for a more consistent reliable team from whom you'd know what you were going to get....basics....basic defending....basis midfield play, exciting forward play.

RN has lost the plot as shown by his,sometimes bizarre selections....his omission from the squad today of (the vastly overrated) Ginnelly,correct me if injured,who was recently such a big player for us.....he's lost it, he has to go NOW....and take that Charlatan McCulloch wi him! War and Peace rant over!

56 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It has and he didn't have a back up for Halkett, but it's a absolute disgrace that nobody else can win a header. We have 5 other CB and none of them can be relied on to win a header.

Who signs defenders who can't do the basics of defending. Nobody else in the league. 

1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

It has and he didn't have a back up for Halkett, but it's a absolute disgrace that nobody else can win a header. We have 5 other CB and none of them can be relied on to win a header.

Who signs defenders who can't do the basics of defending. Nobody else in the league. 

This