Don't all have a go at once but Elvis to return?

cocobeab

Ohver Mhy Dhead Bhody!

PO89.jpg

Out of interest thats some set of cans Katherine Tate has...

ctateDM2005_468x577.jpg

she has got a CRACKING set of knockers!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone who sees me post on here knows where I stand politically etc, they know my thoughts on the thims,weegies etc.

I make no excuses or apologies for what I believe in and the opinions I hold.

I thought I utterly despised P aitch Ressley, but in truth I just hate what he did to us.

Everytime I watch the 90 goals v Hibs or any footage of him playing for Hearts or lifting the Scot Cup I get goosebumps - I swear I do

I just find it impossible to hate him, he is and always will be a Hearts legend

smack him around a bit when/if he returns but he is one of us.

I will always love him

Chad Sexington
she has got a CRACKING set of knockers!

Agreed. I haven't noticed them before. Very impressive, though I suspect there is a bit of Wonderbra magic going on behind the scenes.

The whole effect is sadly ruined by that big feckin wart on her chin though. :sad:

motivational/leadership/mentoring/erse kicking capabilities (that Csaba has already seen to be lacking)

3 days! 3 ****ing days!! What are yu on about "already seen to be lacking"???

This is the things he's not stopped talking about to the press. Give the man a chance FFS

This is the things he's not stopped talking about to the press. Give the man a chance FFS

Csaba has seen that the squad is lacking in leaders is what I think the poster meant

No, but he was one of only two players who got anywhere near the Celtic fans. (The other being Boruc, who was already there anyway, because he was in goals!) All the other Celtic players walked off the park, while this man who we idolised paraded around in front of our filth-filled Roseburn Stand. As I keep saying, had he come out and apologised for it, I would have had no problem letting it go, but I've never heard him do that.

(PS I like how you've put the word "fans" in inverted commas at the end there, are you implying I'm not a true "fan" because I was hurt and angry at what he did?)

Sorry, I should've said "two-faced fans!" You know, the same fans that idolised him for years who suddenly turned against him because of one thing he did. For the record, I wasn't best pleased myself when he did that but I got over it....10 seconds later!! What people like you tend to forget is when he ended up at Celtic, the vast majority of their sc ummy fans were totally against him from the start, that was probably one of his best results he was involved in for them and he wanted their fans to know he was giving 100% to their club. That's how I saw it, shame the narrow-minded can't! P.S. Anyone reading this that still thinks he's a Judas, think about this instead, Maybe it's the club that's the Judas and not him,they turned their back on him, not the other way around.

the general

any of you that still think that it was a spur of the moment thing ( the chest thumping obviously ) then certainly dont know him or anything about him as a person.everything he does is calculated and controlled - he knew exactly what he was doing to us and Vlad.

Great post.

Would recommend that VR and others read Wallace Mercer's "Anatomy of a Football Club" which has a great section on how important the experienced players brought in by McDonald/Jardine were to the likes of Bowman, Robbo and Mackay. Of course it helped that Alex and Sandy had played with Bone, Clark, Johnston, etc - and their own huge experience helped too. Unfortunately we have no-one on the entire coaching staff with any experience of top flight British football.

You should let Therapist know this, I posted recently about how McDonald signed experienced players that helped out in the 80's, all he said was "incorrect" i've been waiting to see what he thought was so incorrect but he's bottled it, he knows i'm right and he's hiding!

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Sorry, I should've said "two-faced fans!" You know, the same fans that idolised him for years who suddenly turned against him because of one thing he did. For the record, I wasn't best pleased myself when he did that but I got over it....10 seconds later!! What people like you tend to forget is when he ended up at Celtic, the vast majority of their sc ummy fans were totally against him from the start, that was probably one of his best results he was involved in for them and he wanted their fans to know he was giving 100% to their club. That's how I saw it, shame the narrow-minded can't! P.S. Anyone reading this that still thinks he's a Judas, think about this instead, Maybe it's the club that's the Judas and not him,they turned their back on him, not the other way around.

I fail to see how that makes me "two-faced"? You love someone, then they do something to hurt you, they make no apologies for it, and I'm meant to just go "Ah well, never mind!" I don't know if you are married or whatever, but imagine your wife cheated on you and never said sorry. Would you say "Well we've been together a long time and she's only done it the once, no biggie!"

PS I would appreciate not being called "narrow-minded" simply because I don't share your opinion, you have called me two things in this reply and neither are applicable IMO.

Isn't it ironic that anyone who disagrees with the party line on Kickback is decried as "narrow minded"? Bit of a paradox there.

Other than that, it's not so much ironic as just disappointing that the same people are also accused of being bigots, stupid, "not real fans", etc. Still, I think that we're all well aware that Kickback isn't really representative.

PS, AlloaSectionG - I've been meaning to ask this for a while, but did you ever miss a bus home from Kilmarnock?

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Isn't it ironic that anyone who disagrees with the party line on Kickback is decried as "narrow minded"? Bit of a paradox there.

Other than that, it's not so much ironic as just disappointing that the same people are also accused of being bigots, stupid, "not real fans", etc. Still, I think that we're all well aware that Kickback isn't really representative.

PS, AlloaSectionG - I've been meaning to ask this for a while, but did you ever miss a bus home from Kilmarnock?

I may have done, yes! :)

(I'm sorry if I delayed you getting home that day!)

I may have done, yes! :)

(I'm sorry if I delayed you getting home that day!)

:laugh:

Good times. It still worked out a bit better than my last trip to Killie. :ninja:

Stupid Sexy Flanders
:laugh:

Good times. It still worked out a bit better than my last trip to Killie. :ninja:

Every time I go to Killie, it's rubbish. Seriously.

as has now been pointed out (and to be fair had already been covered in earlier related replies) i did indeed mean that the coach had seen a lacking in the squad as opposed to having been seen to be lacking himself.

dont you just hate it when folk dont read threads and instead fly off the handle on a misinterpretation.

ffs ;)

Great shout Cocobeab.

Would love to see Elvis back at Tynecastle. The big man bags of spl experience and would be an excellent mentor for the likes of Berra, Sives, McGowan etc...

Personal opinion but as a Hearts captain that lifted the cup and a player that never gave less than 100% he will always be a hero to me.

His coaching role with Scotland is part-time so could be easily accommodated.

Would welcome him back with open arms.

That said unfortunately I don't think it will happen due to history between the player and Romanov. (Also if Pressley ever read some of the cretinous oposts on this board about him he probably wouldnae bother).

Totally agree with all said SFP, WE COULD REALLY DO WITH HIM BACK IN THE FOLD...

I fail to see how that makes me "two-faced"? You love someone, then they do something to hurt you, they make no apologies for it, and I'm meant to just go "Ah well, never mind!" I don't know if you are married or whatever, but imagine your wife cheated on you and never said sorry. Would you say "Well we've been together a long time and she's only done it the once, no biggie!"

PS I would appreciate not being called "narrow-minded" simply because I don't share your opinion, you have called me two things in this reply and neither are applicable IMO.

I wasn't talking about one individual, I was generalising. By saying two-faced, I meant all those who treated him like a hero and now call him judas amongst other things because of what he did...BIG DEAL! Remember at Falkirk, when Craig Gordon got sent off and we were 2-0 down near the end? Who was it that almost single-handedly pulled us out the shecht scoring 2 late goals? I'd never seen such passion from a player, no-one else could've done that, that's what I like from a Hearts player. As for your other point, read it again (Quote)- "shame THE narrow-minded can't" again, a generalisation and NOT a dig at one individual. As for the wife thing, there's a difference between loving a wife and loving a footballer or club. ADMIRING or IDOLISING a player for what he does is one thing, if you only admire your wife, perhaps you shouldn't marry her.

I wasn't talking about one individual, I was generalising. By saying two-faced, I meant all those who treated him like a hero and now call him judas amongst other things because of what he did...BIG DEAL! Remember at Falkirk, when Craig Gordon got sent off and we were 2-0 down near the end? Who was it that almost single-handedly pulled us out the shecht scoring 2 late goals? I'd never seen such passion from a player, no-one else could've done that, that's what I like from a Hearts player. As for your other point, read it again (Quote)- "shame THE narrow-minded can't" again, a generalisation and NOT a dig at one individual. As for the wife thing, there's a difference between loving a wife and loving a footballer or club. ADMIRING or IDOLISING a player for what he does is one thing, if you only admire your wife, perhaps you shouldn't marry her.

People who disagree with you are narrow minded. Hmm.

People who disagree with you are narrow minded. Hmm.

Just looking at the wider picture bud and remembering the good Pressley done for this club rather than what he did at Tynie that day, nothing more,nothing less!

Jhudas's positives are more than outweighed by the negatives from his Riccarton related stuff and chest thumping antics. Rheptile. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Just looking at the wider picture bud and remembering the good Pressley done for this club rather than what he did at Tynie that day, nothing more,nothing less!

Unfortunately some people don't want to see the bigger picture. Yes, I was annoyed by the chest thumping - however I honestly don't believe that it was aimed at the Hearts support - it was aimed purely at Romanov and the band of clowns running the club at that time. He didn't s..t on Hearts unlike Andy Webster. He didn't work it up the club like Chris Shevlane did many years ago.

Pressley was a great ambassador for the club on and off the park. His positives far and away out way the negatives - however I would be amazed if he came back to Hearts. We're not that lucky.

Agreed with everything you've said, I said at the time he partly done it as a "up yours Romanov" thing, shame others don't actually see it for what it was!

...and everyone who disagrees is narrow minded. Yep, see where you're coming from here.

...I honestly don't believe that it was aimed at the Hearts support - it was aimed purely at Romanov and the band of clowns running the club at that time. He didn't s..t on Hearts unlike Andy Webster.

Bizarre statement. Let's look at the two cases :

Case 1

Promising young international defender wants a pay rise. Promising young international defender is forced to go and train alone for months in public parks. Promising young international defender invokes contract clause to leave his club without them receiving much of a fee. This act hurts the board where it matters most to them. This act does nothing to the fans. Promising young international defender - never previously particularly troubled by injuries - has barely played since due to constant fitness problems.

Case 2

Old defender, already losing pace rapidly, speaks out publicly against employer. Old defender allowed to leave in the next transfer window - going to his previous club's biggest rivals. Goes on to win two league titles and play Champions League football. On his return to his old club, pumps his chest to visiting fans - hurtful to his old club's fans, but with no real impact on the board.

Yep - it's obvious that Webster's the villain here. Why can't people just come out and admit that PeeAitchRessley's chest pumping was a pathetic attempt to ingratiate himself to a support for which he was never going to be "Thelick Mhinded" enough for? The feelings of the Hearts support mattered not one jot to him.

I'd love to see Elvis back. all the crap abour chest beating and palying fior Celtic is just that - crap! He'd do a great job for us with the young players but I cant see romanov letting him back

...and everyone who disagrees is narrow minded. Yep, see where you're coming from here.

Bizarre statement. Let's look at the two cases :

Case 1

Promising young international defender wants a pay rise. Promising young international defender is forced to go and train alone for months in public parks. Promising young international defender invokes contract clause to leave his club without them receiving much of a fee. This act hurts the board where it matters most to them. This act does nothing to the fans. Promising young international defender - never previously particularly troubled by injuries - has barely played since due to constant fitness problems.

Case 2

Old defender, already losing pace rapidly, speaks out publicly against employer. Old defender allowed to leave in the next transfer window - going to his previous club's biggest rivals. Goes on to win two league titles and play Champions League football. On his return to his old club, pumps his chest to visiting fans - hurtful to his old club's fans, but with no real impact on the board.

Yep - it's obvious that Webster's the villain here. Why can't people just come out and admit that PeeAitchRessley's chest pumping was a pathetic attempt to ingratiate himself to a support for which he was never going to be "Thelick Mhinded" enough for? The feelings of the Hearts support mattered not one jot to him.

Just a tad of an over simplification of CASE 1 - you forgot to mention the pungent stench of Rangers in this whole episode. As for CASE 2 , I suppose it's all in the eye of the beholder.

He'd do a great job for us with the young players

A rather unfortunate choice of phrase considering he wore the green and grey hoops. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Agreed with everything you've said, I said at the time he partly done it as a "up yours Romanov" thing, shame others don't actually see it for what it was!

It's a shame he's never come out and told us that, or apologised for offending us.

What's in the past is in the past.

I was annoyed at Elvis for what he did while playing against us, not to mention disappointed, because I thought he was a bigger man than that. However, as has been mentioned above, he has largely kept his own counsel since leaving rather than slagging us off in the media at every opportunity. And I think that 8 years of sterling service to the club should outweigh one moment of foolishness.

Archived