Don't all have a go at once but Elvis to return?

cocobeab

not sure how true but heard over lunchtime that Elvis has left the employment of Celtic.

a man who has has;

- all the SPL experience,

- knowledge of the local scene, Gorgie and beyond

- tact with the press,

- standing with the SFA and

motivational/leadership/mentoring/erse kicking capabilities (that Csaba has already seen to be lacking) to be a fantastic compliment to the skeleton staff we have in place right now.

he may want to carry on playing but if we could get him in a 'stevie banks' last days of the career/occasional stand in but largely coaching role i'd bite his hand off.

expect it would require unprecedented romanov u-turn right enough.

cue all the ********* comments but for what its worth (and i know several thousand posts precede me) i'd welcome the big man back

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me get the replies off on a postive note. I don't see why not. If Romanov was game and Elvis was game it would be nice to have someone like him behind the scenes. As for playing no thanks.... unless the only other choice is Zal.

Guest gorgie kev

Been floogged to death over the over.He aint coming back:)And like me and loads of other Hearts fans he burnt his bridges with his chest thumping antics.Let him rot in the back waters of livvy,dunfy or raith.

not sure how true but heard over lunchtime that Elvis has left the employment of Celtic.

a man who has has;

- tact with the press,

motivational/leadership/mentoring/erse kicking capabilities (that Csaba has already seen to be lacking) to be a fantastic compliment to the skeleton staff we have in place right now.

he may want to carry on playing but if we could get him in a 'stevie banks' last days of the career/occasional stand in but largely coaching role i'd bite his hand off.

cue all the ********* comments but for what its worth (and i know several thousand posts precede me) i'd welcome the big man back

jimmy ********* will not be coming back i will not welcome him at all he's a traitor

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Been floogged to death over the over.He aint coming back:)And like me and loads of other Hearts fans he burnt his bridges with his chest thumping antics.Let him rot in the back waters of livvy,dunfy or raith.

Had he apologised for those antics in the days/weeks after the game, then I would have happily forgiven him and welcomed him back at any time. However, he obviously didn't.

You were my hero Elvis. You broke my heart.

tartofmidlothian

Would take him back in a minute, but a Romanov u-turn would be out the question.

Glad he's not at Celtic any more, either. Now I can get back to liking him again.

Too old.

can't dispute that but would you have him back as a coach?

suspect he was as good as one during his initial stint here and under Burleys tutelage he'll likely progress.

be a good guy to have in the tent pi55ing out as opposed to joinging the ranks of the mafia pi55ing in.

like the cut of csaba's gib but belief he might benefit from having a good scot in there to get a decent grounding and the best from local resources.

Guest casper

Getting rid of him was probably romanovs 2nd biggest mistake.

Would take him back in a heart beat.

Not going to happen though.

I'd love to see Romanov's coupon if Shabba insists Pressley's someone he wants on board! Personally, i wouldn't mind him coming back on a coaching basis, there's more people would welcome him back than people that wouldn't. Remember, everyone thought he'd get a hard time when he came on as a sub at Robbie's testimonial, he didn't and was mostly applauded, with the exception of a few people with short memories.

a man who has has;

- tact with the press,

Is that not a bit harsh at this early stage..... or have I missed something?

I would take elvis back in a coaching role but I doubt it will happen in a million years.............

steviefrailspants

Great shout Cocobeab.

Would love to see Elvis back at Tynecastle. The big man bags of spl experience and would be an excellent mentor for the likes of Berra, Sives, McGowan etc...

Personal opinion but as a Hearts captain that lifted the cup and a player that never gave less than 100% he will always be a hero to me.

His coaching role with Scotland is part-time so could be easily accommodated.

Would welcome him back with open arms.

That said unfortunately I don't think it will happen due to history between the player and Romanov. (Also if Pressley ever read some of the cretinous oposts on this board about him he probably wouldnae bother).

Italian Lambretta

Don't know about Elvis but Bobo Balde has left the Tattie Pickers according to the Daily Hun.

So I think someone is telling you some half truths.

a man who has has;

- tact with the press,

Think you have nailed it on the head. This is a Assistant manager that would bring us up a level with everything you have mentioned.

I personally doubt he will come back however if he did i would welcome him with open arms. The past is the past. Fans should look forward rather than backwards and think of the many positives his addition to the club would bring.

tartofmidlothian
Personal opinion but as a Hearts captain that lifted the cup and a player that never gave less than 100% he will always be a hero to me.

100% agreed.

be a good guy to have in the tent pi55ing out as opposed to joinging the ranks of the mafia pi55ing in.

Though my opinion, above, could change if one of his retirement jobs is a weekly column laying the boot into us and Vlad in the Daily Record. He's kept a mostly dignified silence so far, and there's no reason he can't be seen as a JTs hero once more, now he's not in the OF's employ.

Even the chest-beating, while gutting to see, just seemed to be an example of him doing his talking (to Vlad) on the park. Don't we all want to see players like that?

Is that not a bit harsh at this early stage..... or have I missed something? QUOTE]

sorry you pick me up wrong, i wasn't meaning Csaba was lacking these qualities but that he had correctly identified they were lacking in the squad.

i wasnt really looking to kick off a what do you think of elvis thread. i just thought that if (and it remains an IF) he is out of work his profile does suit exactly the role i think we could do with filling in the Tyne backroom at this time.

Miller Jambo 60

Back thumpin that chest PLEASE NO:)

Guest Dipped Flake

Don't really want to get into another Elvis debate but he is certainly the type of person that we desperately need, a motivator. Nice to see that Csaba picked upon that point after 10 minutes of play, although to be fair to Berra, he wasn't there...

Marmeladent?rtchen

I would take elvis back in a heart beat.

I know a lot of you are annoyed about his chest thumping but I would like him to get chance to win the fans like you back.

We should take him back, but we won't.

It's good that Csaba sees that we need a leader but the problem is that there are very few in the game. That was always the main strength of Elvis.

If we sign someone to lead the team from outside Scotland, he would probably need to have some sort of reputation. For example Bruno or Fyssas. They instantly commanded respect and players would listen to them. If it was some random Eastern European, yes he may be able to lead but I'm not sure whether the current crop of players would pay any attention.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
I would take elvis back in a heart beat.

I know a lot of you are annoyed about his chest thumping but I would like him to get chance to win the fans like you back.

He could have gone some way to doing that with a simple apology at the time. Maybe it was aimed at VR and not us, but it certainly didn't feel like that at the time, when he was cavorting around in front of the terrorist-lovers.

Chad Sexington

Too old and way too slow.

He looks like he's towing a caravan on the park these days and is a liability even at SPL level.

Vlad would never allow him on the coaching staff either.

Lets move on people.

:rolleyes:

Too old and way too slow.

He looks like he's towing a caravan on the park these days and is a liability even at SPL level.

Vlad would never allow him on the coaching staff either.

Lets move on people.

:rolleyes:

I wouldn't be so sure about that Chad (when I type that I suddenly recall Todd Green in Road Trip! :laugh:)

VR has/had a high regard for Pressley and wanted him to get into coaching.

bean counter

I'd take him back as a coach.

his chest beating did annoy me however in the previous 8 years he always gave everything

Chad Sexington
I wouldn't be so sure about that Chad (when I type that I suddenly recall Todd Green in Road Trip! :laugh:)

VR has/had a high regard for Pressley and wanted him to get into coaching.

Maybe so.

But then Pressley went on TV and bad mouthed him. :)

He was dead in VR's eyes after that IMO.

I'd take him back as a coach but I don't think he'd come back whilst Romanov is around and I doubt very much whether Vlad would let him come back.

Marmeladent?rtchen
He could have gone some way to doing that with a simple apology at the time. Maybe it was aimed at VR and not us, but it certainly didn't feel like that at the time, when he was cavorting around in front of the terrorist-lovers.

In the interview I heard with him he said that it was taken the wrong way and that he was truly sorry he offended people. He also went on that he loved his time at the club and the fans yada yada yada.

I was not at the game and did not see the thumping. I did on the other hand see him lift the cup which I choose to remember him for.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
In the interview I heard with him he said that it was taken the wrong way and that he was truly sorry he offended people. He also went on that he loved his time at the club and the fans yada yada yada.

I was not at the game and did not see the thumping. I did on the other hand see him lift the cup which I choose to remember him for.

Really? When and where did he say this?

I also saw him lift the cup. I'm not disputing he did a lot for the club, that's why I loved him so much, and why his actions that day left such a nasty taste.

jamboinglasgow

think he would be a great coach/assistant manager and can see him being a great scottish manager in his time in football. If him and vlad wanted him back I would be pleased. As someone said it was a spur of the momment thing the chest thumping but he was a player that loved our club the 8 years he was there.

If VR was to launch a concerted charm offensive then I could see it happening.

However I don't know what his role would be, at the moment anyway, other than just an all round 'motivator'

Certainly don't want him in the team as he's way too slow and he has not proved to me that he has any ability to coach yet

As for the chest pumping.............if he gets us back onside with the press ( cos mind it was an absolute disgrace VR emptying such a hero :rolleyes: ? ) then I'll let that slide. We all make mistakes along the way after all ;)

NoseLikeMahe

Yet again... to disregard everything Elvis did for, and gave to, the club over the celebration of a goal by the team he played for against a team who's fans had roundly booed him throughout the game... well it only shows a lack of maturity and perspective on behalf of those who would do so.

Elvis... Welcome back anytime. Proper leader, proper bloke.

Yet again... to disregard everything Elvis did for, and gave to, the club over the celebration of a goal by the team he played for against a team who's fans had roundly booed him throughout the game... well it only shows a lack of maturity and perspective on behalf of those who would do so.

Elvis... Welcome back anytime. Proper leader, proper bloke.

Well said that man.:thumb:

Steven Pressley was a wonderful player, captain and ambassador of our club but as a player NOW imho he no longer has the pace to compete in the premier league.

Steven Pressley was a wonderful player, captain and ambassador of our club but as a player NOW imho he no longer has the pace to compete in the premier league.

He didn't have the pace towards the end of his time at Hearts either, so I agree but he'd make a great coach. Having said that, I'll bare me erse in Jenners window if he comes back any time soon.

200milesfromgorgie

i think if he did come back the 'chest thumping' drama queens would soon forget about 'it' as he would bring some stability to the back line.

Didn't Elvis mention going down the divisions? He would make a good player-coach for a smaller side and it would be the right way for him to get into coaching.

He has already said that his chest-thumping was a 'girfuy' to VR - not a slight against us.

I expect to see him back at Tynie one day, but not yet.

a man who has has;

- tact with the press,

As I've always said

slap him

delouse him

dissinfect him

scrub him

then give him the biggest kiss and cuddle and welcome him HOME

If the choices to play beside Berra were Karipidis, Zaliukas and Elvis - would take Elvis in a shot.

You could see at Robbie's game how he marshalls a defence. We desperately need someone to do that.

Chris Benoit

Not for me thanks not for the chest thumping that annoyed me at the time but i soon got over it but for two reasons, firstly he's not experienced enough as a coach to come in all he does with Scotland is put the cones out etc maybe has some input but not much imo and secondly there's still too many players still here from his first time around and i think there would be too much bad blood. Players came out after Gordon got made captain and commented on how much better the atmosphere had improved in the changing room which always made me think thjat all the problems might not have been one way.

Not wanting to have a dig at Elvis and would gladly see him back at Tynie just not now and defo not as a player if it wasn't for his stature at the club he would've and should've been out the team way before Vlad binned him!

Broxburn Jambo
think he would be a great coach/assistant manager and can see him being a great scottish manager in his time in football. If him and vlad wanted him back I would be pleased. As someone said it was a spur of the momment thing the chest thumping but he was a player that loved our club the 8 years he was there.

Can someone tell me what coaching experience Presley has? We may have well kept Frail:confused:

Archived