Don't all have a go at once but Elvis to return?

cocobeab

Really? When and where did he say this?

I also saw him lift the cup. I'm not disputing he did a lot for the club, that's why I loved him so much, and why his actions that day left such a nasty taste.

It truly surprises me that people got offended by his "chest-thumping"! If you've watched Pressley at ANY of the clubs he's played for, you'll know he's always done it! Question.... Did he come anywhere near the Hearts fans when he did that? Answer....NO!! What people SHOULD remember is that the "Riccarton Three" thing was done purely over concerns about what was happening at the club regarding team matters, it was NEVER an indication he was wanting out of the club. In fact, he said himself in interviews (when he was here), he wanted to finnish his carreer with us,move into coaching with us and, who knows, possibly be Manager one day in the future. Ex-players said he was distraught the last time he was at Riccarton picking up his belongings. Lets remember the GOOD times and stop this small-mindedness certain "fans" have about him!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tartofmidlothian
As I've always said

slap him

delouse him

dissinfect him

scrub him

then give him the biggest kiss and cuddle and welcome him HOME

:biggrin:

Does anyone think that it would be good if Terry Butcher came in as the number 2?

Yes. It won't ever happen. We move on.

Can someone tell me what coaching experience Presley has? We may have well kept Frail:confused:

Well... he did 'coach' us to a Scottish Cup win a couple of years back... :P

jimmy ********* will not be coming back i will not welcome him at all he's a traitor

elvis, hartley and big craig will always be praised by true hearts supporters for having enough loyalty to stand up and tell the fans about the mismangement that was causing hearts to be a shambles on match days. shame on romanov for letting this happen to the club we love. the clueless muppets romanov put in charge of our players was an absolute disgrace and he should of thanked our loyal trio for standing up for what was best for the hearts.

Well said that man! Pressley should be THANKED for what him and the others did! Maybe if the current lot had as much passion and determination as HE showed, we wouldn't be in the shecht we're in now!

If I could have anyone as assistant manager at Tynecastle it would be Pressley..although I cannot see it happening.

Also I would welcome his registration as a player. Too old and slow?..Sandy Jardine anyone?

john brownlee
I'd love to see Romanov's coupon if Shabba insists Pressley's someone he wants on board! Personally, i wouldn't mind him coming back on a coaching basis, there's more people would welcome him back than people that wouldn't. Remember, everyone thought he'd get a hard time when he came on as a sub at Robbie's testimonial, he didn't and was mostly applauded, with the exception of a few people with short memories.

You seem to forget that Mr Romanov had already offered him a coaching job

so maybe if ********* accepts a coaching job at Tynecastle then it would be Mr Romanov that would be saying I told you so.

If I could have anyone as assistant manager at Tynecastle it would be Pressley..although I cannot see it happening.

Also I would welcome his registration as a player. Too old and slow?..Sandy Jardine anyone?

Sandy Jardine was not one for the "Pressley Plunge" and did not get caught the wrong side of defenders as much as Pressley did latterly at Hearts, never mind two years later.

It was publicised long ago that Ehlvis wouldn't be staying on at the Dhims - don't see how this is a news item.

Don't see why anyone wants the Jhudas to come back - quite apart from the fact that he's such a creepy weasel, he just wouldn't be a good signing. If we were to declare an interest in any other such Old Firm benchwarmer, people would be up in arms - and rightly so.

As for the comments about him making a good assistant or coach, I fail to see why anyone would want a snhake in the grass amongst our players advising them to engineer a move to the most vhile institution in world football. :mad:

If he's so good, why's no-one else shown an interest? Anyway, there's no way that he'll return to Heart of Midlothian as Heriot Watt's too near to the Gyle, a place that he's avoiding at the moment.

Sandy Jardine was not one for the "Pressley Plunge" and did not get caught the wrong side of defenders as much as Pressley did latterly at Hearts, never mind two years later.

I'm not saying that Elvis is as good as Jardine - who was AWFUL in his last season at Ibrox - or that Berra is the new Levein but I do think that the parallels are there with an intelligent and experienced defender beside a young, talented and quick centre-half with the apparent capacity to learn and develop. Of course there's always Zaliukas...

Heart of the Matter

One error of judgement at the end of a highly charged game should not obliterate all that Elvis did for Hearts in the 8 years he had at Tynecastle.

Thumping (or as some people say 'pumping') his chest was an ill advised gesture given the situation he was in and I bet he will always regret doing it. But, in the scheme of things, it was a pretty minor crime and was no doubt caused by emotions running high that afternoon.

How is it that so many fans find it hard to forgive a former hero who made a poor error of judgement that day, when he made so few wearing maroon and white?

We lost the only real leader at Hearts when Elvis departed and I would welcome him back as part of the coaching team. He is clearly good enough to support international set up with Scotland.

Sadly, I don't think it would ever happen because Elvis is a genuine leader and such individuals are, by their nature, a threat to the regime.

I bet that the apostles didn't expect Jesus to let Judas back for his leadership skills. :mad:

Interesting that you should choose a scriptural metaphor and that Loyalty is so high on your preferred agenda. Pressley must have been the light that failed twice over for you when he dared to play for Celtic.

Tynecastle..it's a broad church for most of us.

Interesting that you should choose a scriptural metaphor and that Loyalty is so high on your preferred agenda. Pressley must have been the light that failed twice over for you when he dared to play for Celtic.

Tynecastle..it's a broad church for most of us.

Please let me know what you're implying and why you capitalised "loyalty". In the context of this thread, I don't see the relevance of anything that you've said.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
It truly surprises me that people got offended by his "chest-thumping"! If you've watched Pressley at ANY of the clubs he's played for, you'll know he's always done it! Question.... Did he come anywhere near the Hearts fans when he did that? Answer....NO!! What people SHOULD remember is that the "Riccarton Three" thing was done purely over concerns about what was happening at the club regarding team matters, it was NEVER an indication he was wanting out of the club. In fact, he said himself in interviews (when he was here), he wanted to finnish his carreer with us,move into coaching with us and, who knows, possibly be Manager one day in the future. Ex-players said he was distraught the last time he was at Riccarton picking up his belongings. Lets remember the GOOD times and stop this small-mindedness certain "fans" have about him!

No, but he was one of only two players who got anywhere near the Celtic fans. (The other being Boruc, who was already there anyway, because he was in goals!) All the other Celtic players walked off the park, while this man who we idolised paraded around in front of our filth-filled Roseburn Stand. As I keep saying, had he come out and apologised for it, I would have had no problem letting it go, but I've never heard him do that.

(PS I like how you've put the word "fans" in inverted commas at the end there, are you implying I'm not a true "fan" because I was hurt and angry at what he did?)

I'm sure that Csaba would have been delighted to have the likes of Pressley, Hartley and Gordon at his disposal right now. Unfortunately, they are gone and won't be planning to come back. Elvis in particular could be excused for keeping well away after the abuse he has endured from a small minority of us - hard for him to take I can image after the commitment he gave to the club and the courage he showed in standing up to the mad one. I for one am glad he came on a Robbie's testimonial to receive a well-deserved ovation.

Would have him back in a jiffy but it won't happen.

$ilvery_Moon

It would be a very short term and short sighted signing. I don't think he'll be back.

alwaysthereinspirit
Been floogged to death over the over.He aint coming back:)And like me and loads of other Hearts fans he burnt his bridges with his chest thumping antics.Let him rot in the back waters of livvy,dunfy or raith.

:eek::sad::dribble:

Marmeladent?rtchen
Really? When and where did he say this?

I also saw him lift the cup. I'm not disputing he did a lot for the club, that's why I loved him so much, and why his actions that day left such a nasty taste.

I think Elvis must said it was taken the wrong way in an interview I heard on the BBC website or in BBC podcast. (It's only place I get to hear interviews as I'm not in the country.)

shaun.lawson
As I've always said

slap him

delouse him

dissinfect him

scrub him

then give him the biggest kiss and cuddle and welcome him HOME

:biggrin:

shaun.lawson
It was publicised long ago that Ehlvis wouldn't be staying on at the Dhims - don't see how this is a news item.

Don't see why anyone wants the Jhudas to come back - quite apart from the fact that he's such a creepy weasel, he just wouldn't be a good signing. If we were to declare an interest in any other such Old Firm benchwarmer, people would be up in arms - and rightly so.

As for the comments about him making a good assistant or coach, I fail to see why anyone would want a snhake in the grass amongst our players advising them to engineer a move to the most vhile institution in world football. :mad:

If he's so good, why's no-one else shown an interest? Anyway, there's no way that he'll return to Heart of Midlothian as Heriot Watt's too near to the Gyle, a place that he's avoiding at the moment.

He'd be an excellent assistant or coach, because he knows what this club's all about, loves it, and provided real leadership throughout his time here.

Meanwhile, I'm a little confused. Please explain why you're apparently incapable of spelling his name or nickname correctly, and always feel the need to insert the letter 'h'? :wacko:

Nope dont want him back,but if i met him i'd never slaughter him but i would ask WHY he did what he did that day

Well said that man.:thumb:

i second that well said that man.

chest thumping and fist a pumping, like the man said earlier, spur of the moment thing, think what you would do in that situation, the club you grew to love with all your heart, ending you in such an abysmal manner, you would want to do something. the club still means a huge amount to the man, if it didn't, he wouldn't have shelved his pride to return for rab's testimonial. of course it hurt to see that, but do you not think he was hurting more? if vlad had the sense to put his pride aside, it would be great to se elvis back in the tynie mixer once again. as a coach this time, as he turns like a double decker bus. in summary, i'd be on the terrace chanting his name the loudest if he were to return, but sadly male pride will get in the way, and i dont see any way of it happening:sad:

I bet that the apostles didn't expect Jesus to let Judas back for his leadership skills. :mad:

you are not the only one, but you are incredibly thick to suggest that pressley was a "judas" he did not turn on the club, the club turned on him, and the "fans" soon followed. what he did [the riccarton 3 speak-out] was what he thought was the right thing to do for the club and the fans that he loved, and still does i'm sure

200milesfromgorgie

thats just a fairy tale.

Yep, Pressley should be welcomed back as a true Hearts hero, in addition he has the potential to be a great leader of a football club in the future, would hate to pass that up just cos he beat his chest once at Tynie. If he came back as Csaba's assistant that would be great. Our defence has been poor since he left in comparison to the Webster Pressley days so any experience he could pass on would be invaluable.

Who would you rather have assisting Csaba - Pressley, Chervenov, Malofeev, Korobochka, its a no brainer, Pressley is head and shoulders ahead of those dim wits

Who would you rather have assisting Csaba - Pressley, Chervenov, Malofeev, Korobochka,

A N Other.

Only the return of Elvis would make me believe again.

His actions after the Celtic game mean nothing and anyone who has issues with a professional showing his commitment to his current situation needs to grow up.

We need a leader, we need someone who understands the Scottish game, we need someone who understands Hearts, we need someone who will fight for the club. He is all those things.

sorry you pick me up wrong, i wasn't meaning Csaba was lacking these qualities but that he had correctly identified they were lacking in the squad.

QUOTE]

Ah, well im not going to dissagree there....

I had a conversation at work yesterday about players raising their game when they are given the armband and my mate (who is a nuetral) suggested that a bit of responsibility is maybe what kingston needs to get him back interested... anyone got any thoughts?

... I thought he seemed vocal enough from where i sat last season though it was mainly when he was throwing the dummy out the pram.

berra doesn't seem to command the respect of the dressing room that elvis clearly did but would rather not have elvis back in the playing squad... we give away enough daft fouls as it is

As a coach/assitant manager yes, as a player no.

Same here.Would imagine though Elvis would like to do both.More than likely thinks he can do both.

If Weir can still do a job at SPL Rangers for that lot, Elvis could still do an SPL job for us

But it wont happen.

If he went to another SPL team though.....grrrrrrrr

OP here coming back in with my two penneth having provoked some interesting reaction. i can't disagree that his playing days are probably all but behind him but suggest he would be a fantastic man to have in the backroom team.

As someone pointed out he doesnt have coaching experience but at any level in football someone around who has played the game and knows what the club means is a valuable addition to the dressing room and beyond. say what you like about mccoist and lennon (dont get me wrong i hate them as much as the next man) but Smith & Strachan were no fools in pulling them in as a good link to the players and as selling points to would be signings, creating good off the field team spirit and the benefits of experience.

One of the biggest problems at Tyne in recent years has been the lack of continuity and absence of senior figures who can bridge the gap between impressionable youth and those giving instructions. Jardine was mooted as a classic example, probably gettin well on in his career when he came here but in actual fact of huge benefit to the club as a raft of youth came through and took thier lead from his experience and professionalism. Roddy Mac, Whittaker and Doddy himself likewise. Pressley could be useful in a similar role and at a similar time of regrouping and reigniting a long overdue challenge.

As a footnote it disappoints me to see one or two on here fall in line with the filth in the west who cannot accept a player going from one side of the old firm divide to the other. Hearts have always and hopefully will always try to benefit from the old firms frivolous attitude to scottish players. chr1st davie macpherson went back and forth like the national express coach.

Some of us are wise enough to accept this as part of the modern game. to do otherwise is to cut of our nose and spite our face.

OP here coming back in with my two penneth having provoked some interesting reaction. i can't disagree that his playing days are probably all but behind him but suggest he would be a fantastic man to have in the backroom team.

As someone pointed out he doesnt have coaching experience but at any level in football someone around who has played the game and knows what the club means is a valuable addition to the dressing room and beyond. say what you like about mccoist and lennon (dont get me wrong i hate them as much as the next man) but Smith & Strachan were no fools in pulling them in as a good link to the players and as selling points to would be signings, creating good off the field team spirit and the benefits of experience.

One of the biggest problems at Tyne in recent years has been the lack of continuity and absence of senior figures who can bridge the gap between impressionable youth and those giving instructions. Jardine was mooted as a classic example, probably gettin well on in his career when he came here but in actual fact of huge benefit to the club as a raft of youth came through and took thier lead from his experience and professionalism. Roddy Mac, Whittaker and Doddy himself likewise. Pressley could be useful in a similar role and at a similar time of regrouping and reigniting a long overdue challenge.

As a footnote it disappoints me to see one or two on here fall in line with the filth in the west who cannot accept a player going from one side of the old firm divide to the other. Hearts have always and hopefully will always try to benefit from the old firms frivolous attitude to scottish players. chr1st davie macpherson went back and forth like the national express coach.

Some of us are wise enough to accept this as part of the modern game. to do otherwise is to cut of our nose and spite our face.

Great post.

Would recommend that VR and others read Wallace Mercer's "Anatomy of a Football Club" which has a great section on how important the experienced players brought in by McDonald/Jardine were to the likes of Bowman, Robbo and Mackay. Of course it helped that Alex and Sandy had played with Bone, Clark, Johnston, etc - and their own huge experience helped too. Unfortunately we have no-one on the entire coaching staff with any experience of top flight British football.

If Elvis comes back, then I will buy a season ticket again as it would be a sure sign that Vlad was FINALLY realising what is needed to run a successful football club. A hard working leader with a knowledge of the Scottish game, a passion for Hearts and a willingness to learn management. It doesn't necessarily need to be Elvis but he is clearly the best candidate using the criteria I (and its just my opinion) have outlined.

Frail had two out of three but he wasn't a natural leader IMO. I don't want Butcher cos it seems the more he learns about management the worse he gets at it.

Also, IF we were lucky enough to rid the support of a few bigoted arseholes then what a bonus that would be!!!

suggest he would be a fantastic man to have in the backroom team.

knows what the club means

is a valuable addition to the dressing room

Presshley is a rhodent. Nothing more. :mad:

The only thing he would do in the dressing room is teach them how to be sleekit, look after number one at the expense of the club, and slither out when the going gets a bit sticky.

Fortunately, Jhudas returning to Tynecastle is just not going to happen. :)

Guest Dipped Flake
If Elvis comes back, then I will buy a season ticket again as it would be a sure sign that Vlad was FINALLY realising what is needed to run a successful football club. A hard working leader with a knowledge of the Scottish game, a passion for Hearts and a willingness to learn management. It doesn't necessarily need to be Elvis but he is clearly the best candidate using the criteria I (and its just my opinion) have outlined.

Frail had two out of three but he wasn't a natural leader IMO. I don't want Butcher cos it seems the more he learns about management the worse he gets at it.

Also, IF we were lucky enough to rid the support of a few bigoted arseholes then what a bonus that would be!!!

Agree with every word of this post although I just can't see it happening. Vlad would have to make a huge shift in his position to welcome Elvis back and I doubt very much he will. The vast majority of fans would welcome him back (as was seen by his reception at Robbies testimonial)

The vast majority of fans would welcome him back (as was seen by his reception at Robbies testimonial)

The ground was much less than half full. Hardly representative. I know loads and loads of people who stayed away specifically because the rheptile was going to be slithering about the hallowed turf. :mad:

Guest Dipped Flake
The ground was much less than half full. Hardly representative. I know loads and loads of people who stayed away specifically because the rheptile was going to be slithering about the hallowed turf. :mad:

Don't really want to get into this as your views on Pressley and all things celtic are well known but the crowd was around 9,000, all who paid to get in. This was about 8,999 more than paid to get in to the final home league game of the season. He got the biggest cheer of the day (apart from Robbie) so I think that says it all. You have your opinions and are of course perfectly entitled to them but you are in a very small minority, and I thank God for that...

He'd be an excellent assistant or coach, because he knows what this club's all about, loves it, and provided real leadership throughout his time here.

Meanwhile, I'm a little confused. Please explain why you're apparently incapable of spelling his name or nickname correctly, and always feel the need to insert the letter 'h'? :wacko:

Thelick are known as the Bhoys. People insert the letter H into words relating to the Dhims, usually in second place, to reflect this.

you are not the only one, but you are incredibly thick to suggest that pressley was a "judas" he did not turn on the club, the club turned on him, and the "fans" soon followed. what he did [the riccarton 3 speak-out] was what he thought was the right thing to do for the club and the fans that he loved, and still does i'm sure

First of all, I'm obviously not thick. Don't really see what you think that you're gaining by pretending that I am.

Your second statement certainly can't be presented as fact. None of us can give any proof of what Ehlvis's motives were, it can be argued just as easily that he was trying to engineer a move - and succeeding, I might add.

Thirdly, if he loved the fans so much, why the grotesque "accept me, love me" display aimed at Thelick's fhans?

As a footnote it disappoints me to see one or two on here fall in line with the filth in the west who cannot accept a player going from one side of the old firm divide to the other...

Er, why? And, um, is it only Old Firm fans who don't like to see players moving to their rivals?

Edit : Why do people think he'd be a good coach just because they liked him as a player? It's been proven time and time again that this approach doesn't necessarily work. I'd much rather see us appoint an experienced, proven coach. Especially if he wasn't a fhilthy Jhudas. :mad:

steviefrailspants

Thanks for the quote which speaks volumes about you and your beliefs. With that mind-set you are in a small unfortunate minority that thankfully does not reflect the thoughts of the majority of decent Hearts supporters.

Think season tickets are still available for Ibrox, may be more up your street.

Just ignore him lads, a wind up merchant of little intelligance.

The only thing he would do in the dressing room is teach them how to be sleekit, look after number one at the expense of the club, and slither out when the going gets a bit sticky.

:sobored::sobored::sobored:

Does anyone think that it would be good if Terry Butcher came in as the number 2?

I agree mate.Terry butcher would be great assistant to Csaba.

Been floogged to death over the over.He aint coming back:)And like me and loads of other Hearts fans he burnt his bridges with his chest thumping antics.Let him rot in the back waters of livvy,dunfy or raith.

Seconded!

the crowd was around 9,000, all who paid to get in.

Flake, can I ask you if you operate to the same mathematical/arithmetical principles and systems as the rest of us?

It's just that the attendance at Robbie's testimonial was just over the 7,000 mark and I've spent the hours since my last post trying various formulae in an effort to get that to round up to 9,000. I have to say I'm baffled, but intrigued, as to how you got there. :wacko:

So come on, spill the beans about how you did it. After all, I'm sure it couldn't be a case of you deliberately lying in order to score a point. :rolleyes:

I would like Pressley to come back to Tynie. Would be good to train such a man up to be a coach. Definitely a good person to have around.

I would like to see Sandy Clark back as Csaba's assisstant.

Did a great job when last here especially with the youngsters.

Walter Bishop

Christ is it still 4 1/2 weeks until the schools go back!!! :eek::eek:

(P.s. Grow up.)

Drylaw Hearts

I was under the impression that Csaba has already chosen his No.2 and it wasn't anyone Scottish.

NoseLikeMahe
Don't really want to get into this as your views on Pressley and all things celtic are well known but the crowd was around 9,000, all who paid to get in. This was about 8,999 more than paid to get in to the final home league game of the season. He got the biggest cheer of the day (apart from Robbie) so I think that says it all. You have your opinions and are of course perfectly entitled to them but you are in a very small minority, and I thank God for that...

He got the biggest cheer of all the relatively recent players at the dinner after as well. For obvious reason his cheer was eclipsed by those for Jeff and his cup-winners.

As an aside... bumped into Salvatori outside Bar Roma soon after. He was a top bloke.

As an aside... bumped into Salvatori outside Bar Roma soon after. He was a top bloke.

I saw him there a couple of times when he played for Hearts. As you say, he's a top bloke.

Archived