The Week ( Season) Hearts Management Got Found Out ( merged )

Ministryofdad

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• soonbe110

• Naisys Tackle

42 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Can't count Championship either. 

Can only beats what’s in front of you. Won the championship with championship level squads (three times) 

Ministryofdad
13 minutes ago, ali_jambo said:

So far we've had Stendel (relegated) and Mcinnes (papped out to a lower league side yesterday) suggested as better options than Robbie.

Hide contents

😆

We were demoted under stendel. 

Bear in mind that Robbie presided over our worst defeat in modern memory. 

27 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Okay acquired him.

The message at the time was he'd be an asset .

He has been to an extent. Had some good performances, mostly off the bench. Scored some valuable goals.  We don’t get much better if he is the level of our signings though. 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Can only beats what’s in front of you. Won the championship with championship level squads (three times) 

Stick with Premiership stats for now. 

4 minutes ago, Ministryofdad said:

We were demoted under stendel. 

Bear in mind that Robbie presided over our worst defeat in modern memory. 

Demoted while bottom of the league. 😆

8 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

The usual apologists accepting mediocrity.

Sooner or later, some on here will realise a huge section of our support thinks we can do better. Accepting 2nd best is what they do over the other side of the city. Try going to the occasional away game and listen to the grumbling 

I go to virtually all away games and don’t agree. If anyone thinks we can break the current duopoly in Scotland any time soon they are just nuts.  I have been going to games for nearly 60 years and the divide has nearly always been there, certainly the last 50 years. Sometimes the gap to one of them gets quite small, couple of times we have been close to both of them, but generally the gap is pretty huge.  At the moment the gap to Celtic is back to being huge again and the gap to Rangers is somewhere in between. Given their current financial strengths it’s hard to see how or when that gap starts to close. They are signing players we can only dream of signing. Other than Gordon we don’t have a player that either of them would want and it’s all down to finances.  Finishing third on a consistent basis is our target, with a cup run every year and hopefully getting the breaks in cup draws and cup semis and finals with the odd cup win. And to be honest if we do that it’s better than anything we have achieved in the last 50 years. 

Just to reinforce my point, we are taking huge numbers to away games at the moment (incl 4,000 to Florence), we have a 3,500 waiting list for season tickets.  If the support in general was as pissed off as you say why would either of these be happening? 

Continually adding an unnecessary centre back and allowing our piss poor centre of midfield to be over run. Certainly has been highlighted this past week.

There's a reason no ***** plays 3 at the back, it's shit.

i wish jj was my dad
23 minutes ago, Ministryofdad said:

One that can challenge the old firm and break the curse of a cup win. 

Robbie has no tactical prowess. 

His players have regressed not progressed under his management. 

The coaching staff are not up to standard. 

Personally id break the bank for a proven manager with a track record and coaching experience along with backroom staff that have actually won at the highest level. 

Someone that's been there and done it. 

Breaking the bank meaning offering them terms and conditions similar to what a high paid player in their prime is on. 

Then the talent will follow. 

Here is 3 affordable names 

Steven Gerrard 

Frank Lampard 

Gattuso

Affordable names !!  

On player improvement.  WHat do you think about Cochrane, Halkett, Shankland and Gino.  That's just off the top of my heid. 

kingantti1874
4 hours ago, Ministryofdad said:

In Robbie we trust?

not any more!!

This was the biggest game of the season. One of the biggest weeks in hearts recent seasons, double header vs the best team in the country and we couldnt lay a glove on them!

Joe savage has been a rather good addition to the management structure. This is the only positive.

Bad management equates to these shan peformances we have been putting in since the start of the year.

its nowhere near good enough as a club for what we wanting to achieve.

I dont think we have a bad squad. 

injuries aside the confidence in this squad is depleted, the depth we thought we once had is gone

I think the way we are set up to play is hampering the players and this comes down to the coaching.

We as a club have been found out how to play against.

Robbie is good enough to get us third . he has proven this. 

are we being too ambitious by deserving more?

question is this.....

Is the tactics being deployed by Robbie and his coaching staff are not working with the players we have? 

OR 

is the management, coaching and player development being hampered because of it.

not one of our players, bar a fit Craig Gordon makes the Celtic squad never mind their first 11.

2 hours ago, Hmfc1965 said:

So neither are we?

And you couldn't even get the score right.

I never said we were on a good run though . You said Hibs were 

Fxxx the SPFL
5 hours ago, Ministryofdad said:

In Robbie we trust?

not any more!!

This was the biggest game of the season. One of the biggest weeks in hearts recent seasons, double header vs the best team in the country and we couldnt lay a glove on them!

Joe savage has been a rather good addition to the management structure. This is the only positive.

Bad management equates to these shan peformances we have been putting in since the start of the year.

its nowhere near good enough as a club for what we wanting to achieve.

I dont think we have a bad squad. 

injuries aside the confidence in this squad is depleted, the depth we thought we once had is gone

I think the way we are set up to play is hampering the players and this comes down to the coaching.

We as a club have been found out how to play against.

Robbie is good enough to get us third . he has proven this. 

are we being too ambitious by deserving more?

question is this.....

Is the tactics being deployed by Robbie and his coaching staff are not working with the players we have? 

OR 

is the management, coaching and player development being hampered because of it.

Pish no Shankland Humphrys or Snodgrass what do you expect

Stendel man ………… the myth around that boy is incredible he was total shite 😄

Get over it ffs we all wanted him to be good but he wasnt

Fxxx the SPFL
5 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Neilson & co were found out ages ago. They are all out of their depth and must be replaced.

What a surprise you’re spaffing your usual pish no Shankland Humphrys or Snodgrass 

Fxxx the SPFL
5 hours ago, Clark Griswold said:

My issue is, we’ve not progressed this season by any means. We’re not winning either cup and we might get third. Arguably we’ve regressed a little by not making the final of the Scottish.

For those reasons I think I’m for a change of manager and coaching staff after this season. Time for some new ideas and a fresh approach. 

Aye let’s bring in Guardiola some folk need to get a grip please suggest a manager who we can afford 

54 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

The usual apologists accepting mediocrity.

Nope.  We are realists not fantasists.

54 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Sooner or later, some on here will realise a huge section of our support thinks we can do better. Accepting 2nd best is what they do over the other side of the city. Try going to the occasional away game and listen to the grumbling 

You and your self-entitled bunch of drama queens don't speak for the majority pal.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Stendel man ………… the myth around that boy is incredible he was total shite 😄

Get over it ffs we all wanted him to be good but he wasnt

I put my hands up, I wanted Stendel, I wanted him bad and was absolutely delighted when we got him 

He was an unmitigated disaster, yes we beat TheRangers but they were anomalies in what was an absolute cluster f##k of a season. Yes it was all very exciting but that team got repeatedly caught out by straight long balls down the middle, it was an embarrassment andthe blame for that was with Stendel.

Robbie will get us third, he will get us some more European games and experience and Savage will bring in some better players. As for closing the gap, that will only happen if we continue to get 3rd and European football and even then we might only close it to about 20 points. The sad fact is for every pound we spend, the Glasgow bigots can spend 20.

So yeah lash out, blame Robbie for the massive disparity on show but the only way we are beating Celtic is if they are very off it one day and we are absolutely on it. 

merseyjambo

Why is it the usual defenders of Bob come out after a bad performance and absolutely rip everyone who is critical calling them ‘moon howlers’ or ‘rabids’.

The performance today was unacceptable. The midfield had zero energy or ability cope with the pace from Celtic which put our defence under pressure. Mooy had the freedom of Gorgie Road for the first, the midfield switched off and Kingsley didn’t exactly bust a gut to get to the ball before it was put in for the second one. I lost count of the number of times today our midfield wasn’t at the races.

The substitutions when you were chasing the game gave you nothing. Forrest has been a real disappointment. Nothing changed the game up or gave Celtic anything to think about.

Celtic were always going to come and try to kill the noise from our fans. The players needed to be up for it from the start and get in their faces. Instead we came out meek and passive.

I don’t think it’s wrong for fans to want more from the team when it comes to a cup tie. Hearts fans will accept losses, but it’s the manner of the losses that frustrate people. Celtic barely got out of first gear to beat us and that’s what is concerning. 

I don’t like RN, but getting 3rd is now the goal and if he gets us there again great, he’s  got us into the best league position he possibly can but when you have to beat the OF to win a cup, continued passive performances are at some point going to have to be questioned.

Clark Griswold
1 hour ago, **** the SPFL said:

Aye let’s bring in Guardiola some folk need to get a grip please suggest a manager who we can afford 

I didn’t say let’s bring in Guardiola, and it’s not on me to suggest an alternative, that would be up to Joe and the recruitment team.

Unlike many on this thread, I don’t accept mediocrity. That performance from our players today was utterly embarrassing and set up wrong from minute 1, everyone with a footballing brain could see it. 

Honestly some folk can’t separate the gulf in class Celtic have on us vs how we setup to play and our insipid performance.  Let’s be honest we’ve been honking for weeks, and have been lucky with a few of the results. I think it’s all just gone a bit stale. All IMO of course.

Edited by Clark Griswold

Fxxx the SPFL
54 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

I didn’t say let’s bring in Guardiola, and it’s not on me to suggest an alternative, that would be up to Joe and the recruitment team.

Unlike many on this thread, I don’t accept mediocrity. That performance from our players today was utterly embarrassing and set up wrong from minute 1, everyone with a footballing brain could see it. 

Honestly some folk can’t separate the gulf in class Celtic have on us vs how we setup to play and our insipid performance.  Let’s be honest we’ve been honking for weeks, and have been lucky with a few of the results. I think it’s all just gone a bit stale. All IMO of course.

But people keep saying bring a new manager in but fail to name anybody. Because any better managers come at a premium that we can’t afford. Yes we’ve not been playing flair football but give me a win any day of the week no matter how bad we play 

Thunder and Lightning

Thank god the OP pointed this out. Many of these issues have been missed by all. 

I suggest the OP be sent to the hearts board just incase they are unaware of the issues we face. 

Thunder and Lightning
3 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

But people keep saying bring a new manager in but fail to name anybody. Because any better managers come at a premium that we can’t afford. Yes we’ve not been playing flair football but give me a win any day of the week no matter how bad we play 

OK, you list managers and their salary and we will tell you who we want. 

While you're at it can you please detail Robbie and the coaches current packages for reference. 

5 hours ago, Clark Griswold said:

So you’re happy stagnating, fair enough. I want us to progress, but I don’t see any this season is my point. 

I’m happy finishing third twice in a row for the 2nd time in 40 years.

Your point is weak because as mentioned previously you’d have sacked Fergie at Aberdeen when he regressed or stagnated. That’s before he went on to progress. You’d have sacked him at Man U the year after they won the treble 😂

But fair enough it seems you are happy with total idiocy, and I am happy finishing third.

Diadora Van Basten

I really don’t know the answer to this question.

He has got us into third place but there have been a number of performances when he has hamstrung us.

I am not convinced he is a good manager but the players seem to like him.

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

OK, you list managers and their salary and we will tell you who we want. 

While you're at it can you please detail Robbie and the coaches current packages for reference. 

That’s for you to work out name a manager that we should be going for then easy question 

1 minute ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I really don’t know the answer to this question.

He has got us into third place but there have been a number of performances when he has hamstrung us.

I am not convinced he is a good manager but the players seem to like him.

"He has us performing consistently well enough to finish 3rd but then some individual performances are disappointing"

Conclusion: he's a bad manager.  Mental.

Greedy Jambo
1 minute ago, been here before said:

Holy ****, another Neilson thread

:rofl:

This is your chance to start a thread of your own. 

Clark Griswold
15 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Eh? We got beat today playing badly, as we did at Motherwell recently, which totally undermines your post above :lol:.

Im not saying Robbie hasn’t been good for us just perhaps it’s time for a fresh approach come the end of the season. 

Ministryofdad
15 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Thank god the OP pointed this out. Many of these issues have been missed by all. 

I suggest the OP be sent to the hearts board just incase they are unaware of the issues we face. 

What issues is this 

Clark Griswold
13 minutes ago, WageThief said:

I’m happy finishing third twice in a row for the 2nd time in 40 years.

Your point is weak because as mentioned previously you’d have sacked Fergie at Aberdeen when he regressed or stagnated. That’s before he went on to progress. You’d have sacked him at Man U the year after they won the treble 😂

But fair enough it seems you are happy with total idiocy, and I am happy finishing third.

Wtf are you on about, even starting to compare Robbie with Fergie is laughable. 

if idiocy is wanting to better yourself or your team, take a fresh approach when things are stagnating/stale and not happy with a lack of progression year on year then fair enough it’s idiocy. To

me that’s ambition but whatever. 

16 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

Wtf are you on about, even starting to compare Robbie with Fergie is laughable. 

I had a feeling you’d come out with shite like that 😂

Was I comparing them or was I simply saying that you’d get rid of loads of good managers based on your daft logic. Who knows eh? 😂

Shooter McGavin

We can do a lot worse than Neilson, and with our resources, we can’t really do much better than where we are at the minute.

Unless a new manager brought £50 million with them to invest in new players, then getting rid of Neilson would be an utterly pointless exercise.

Chuck Berry
3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

I go to virtually all away games and don’t agree. If anyone thinks we can break the current duopoly in Scotland any time soon they are just nuts.  I have been going to games for nearly 60 years and the divide has nearly always been there, certainly the last 50 years. Sometimes the gap to one of them gets quite small, couple of times we have been close to both of them, but generally the gap is pretty huge.  At the moment the gap to Celtic is back to being huge again and the gap to Rangers is somewhere in between. Given their current financial strengths it’s hard to see how or when that gap starts to close. They are signing players we can only dream of signing. Other than Gordon we don’t have a player that either of them would want and it’s all down to finances.  Finishing third on a consistent basis is our target, with a cup run every year and hopefully getting the breaks in cup draws and cup semis and finals with the odd cup win. And to be honest if we do that it’s better than anything we have achieved in the last 50 years. 

Just to reinforce my point, we are taking huge numbers to away games at the moment (incl 4,000 to Florence), we have a 3,500 waiting list for season tickets.  If the support in general was as pissed off as you say why would either of these be happening? 

This. 

We are not getting anywhere close to the OF for years - if ever - the financial disparity is far too big. The only way to do that [beyond waiting for one of them to have a bad season or two] is give up fan ownership and sell lock, stock and barrel to a foreign investor who pumps in the cash.

If not then third place, regular Euro campaigns and the occasional trophy is the absolute best we can expect to achieve.

Accepting it isn't some form of betrayal, it's reality.  The Robbie oot crowd are getting really boring.

7 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

I wondered how long it would take for you to pop up with your insightful comments 

Well now you know. Maybe you didn’t find out the obvious about Neilson today but then again maybe the obvious is out with your comprehension with what I post. The only way Hearts are going under Neilson is backwards. 6 games against the Old Firm this season and not even a draw and again the team selection, the tactics, the lack of ideas you have to wonder with the advantage of Tynecastle and our loyal support what goes on at Riccarton during the week, in the Hearts dressing room on match days and in the Dugout during a game. Whatever Neilson and his 2 coach’s are doing it’s not good enough because in too many games Neilson is flying the white flag before the game starts.  🏳️🏳️🏳️🏳️

Thunder and Lightning
4 hours ago, frankblack said:

Nope.  We are realists not fantasists.

You and your self-entitled bunch of drama queens don't speak for the majority pal.

And yet you presume to speak on the majorities behalf? 

Found out? I think it's more like fans just found our the OF are miles ahead, and no one is going to be getting anywhere near them.

I don’t give the proverbial flying who the management are. This is the real world where 3rd place is the ceiling and taking anything from the OF anytime is rare and always will be.

This looks more and more like the sheep and their fantasies.

Thunder and Lightning
2 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

That’s for you to work out name a manager that we should be going for then easy question 

No it's not for me to work out. You believe anyone better than Robbie must cost more than Robbie. So you must know what Robbie earns and what others earn. Post us a list and we can have a look. 

Or are you just throwing out nonsense about how much people earn without knowing a single thing about it? 

Edited by Thunder and Lightning

5 hours ago, Ministryofdad said:

One that can challenge the old firm and break the curse of a cup win. 

Robbie has no tactical prowess. 

His players have regressed not progressed under his management. 

The coaching staff are not up to standard. 

Personally id break the bank for a proven manager with a track record and coaching experience along with backroom staff that have actually won at the highest level. 

Someone that's been there and done it. 

Breaking the bank meaning offering them terms and conditions similar to what a high paid player in their prime is on. 

Then the talent will follow. 

Here is 3 affordable names 

Steven Gerrard 

Frank Lampard 

Gattuso

Gerrard and Lampard are way out our wage bracket. 

Couldn't say about Rino.

Would argue Ginnelly has got better.

Shankland has hit 20 goals after failing in Belgium.

Cochrane and Sibbick have improved this season.

2 hours ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

And yet you presume to speak on the majorities behalf? 

I'm not proclaiming anything.  Its highly insecure individuals on here making baseless statements. 👍

2 hours ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

No it's not for me to work out. You believe anyone better than Robbie must cost more than Robbie. So you must know what Robbie earns and what others earn. Post us a list and we can have a look. 

Or are you just throwing out nonsense about how much people earn without knowing a single thing about it? 

No, it is up to you to name someone in our price bracket who would improve us.

Without doing so you are effectively asking to destabilise the club, potentially setting it back another 5 years.

Scott Leitch
8 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Just wanted to jump in here. 4000 to Florence (Nearer 5000) of course that would happen. We've not had much in the way of Europe the past 10/12 odd years. That was always a pull. Spurs and Liverpool were great but you can't beat a proper away trip in Europe. 

The 3500 waiting list. Well I'm sceptical about that one. No doubt folks have put their names down but would we sell that many? No chance. After a shit few years with covid and us being demoted people want to get back to it but that would wear off and given the chance the majority wouldn't buy a season ticket now if offered. 

Scott Leitch
15 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I know I'm late to this one but what a shit post. 

It's a good thread and plenty valid posts so what post you talking about?

15 hours ago, Madjambo21 said:

Gordon 

Halkett

Benni

Boyce

Shankland

Humphrys 

Haring

There is 7 players who would have played if fit.

What other team outside the old firm could be in 3rd with injuries like this. 

Also more squad players out to.

Robbie is doing a good job, the only thing is the old firm are miles apart from the rest now

I dont think Haring will play for us again.

11 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

Why is it the usual defenders of Bob come out after a bad performance and absolutely rip everyone who is critical calling them ‘moon howlers’ or ‘rabids’.

The performance today was unacceptable. The midfield had zero energy or ability cope with the pace from Celtic which put our defence under pressure. Mooy had the freedom of Gorgie Road for the first, the midfield switched off and Kingsley didn’t exactly bust a gut to get to the ball before it was put in for the second one. I lost count of the number of times today our midfield wasn’t at the races.

The substitutions when you were chasing the game gave you nothing. Forrest has been a real disappointment. Nothing changed the game up or gave Celtic anything to think about.

Celtic were always going to come and try to kill the noise from our fans. The players needed to be up for it from the start and get in their faces. Instead we came out meek and passive.

I don’t think it’s wrong for fans to want more from the team when it comes to a cup tie. Hearts fans will accept losses, but it’s the manner of the losses that frustrate people. Celtic barely got out of first gear to beat us and that’s what is concerning. 

I don’t like RN, but getting 3rd is now the goal and if he gets us there again great, he’s  got us into the best league position he possibly can but when you have to beat the OF to win a cup, continued passive performances are at some point going to have to be questioned.

Excellent post, thanks.

The Treasurer
7 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Well now you know. Maybe you didn’t find out the obvious about Neilson today but then again maybe the obvious is out with your comprehension with what I post. The only way Hearts are going under Neilson is backwards. 6 games against the Old Firm this season and not even a draw and again the team selection, the tactics, the lack of ideas you have to wonder with the advantage of Tynecastle and our loyal support what goes on at Riccarton during the week, in the Hearts dressing room on match days and in the Dugout during a game. Whatever Neilson and his 2 coach’s are doing it’s not good enough because in too many games Neilson is flying the white flag before the game starts.  🏳️🏳️🏳️🏳️

The tactics yesterday would have been very different had Shankland, Snodgrass etc been available. 

The tactics didn't involve terrible individual errors from two of our best players costing us goals. 

None of those things can be blamed on Neilson or his tactics 

Left just after the 3rd went in.......Neilson is clueless.....Imagine being 2-0 down, chasing the game and he brings on the most defensive midfielder we have in the squad.......Imagine bringing Cammy Devlin on when we need 2 goals.....Meanwhile our only striker stays rooted on the bench.....If I was Newcastle I'd be demanding Hearts return their player.

As I said Robbie Neilson = CLUELESS 

• davemclaren changed the title to The Week ( Season) Hearts Management Got Found Out ( merged )