The Week ( Season) Hearts Management Got Found Out ( merged )

Ministryofdad

16 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Complete bollocks.  You want mediocrity - sack him and see what happens next...

So what do you think will happen 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• soonbe110

• Naisys Tackle

2 minutes ago, jamborich said:

So what do you think will happen 

He doesn’t know but surely you can see how much of a punt it is. I’m no Neilson fan but he’s got us it where we are, unless he blows third he has to stay. 

Edited by GinRummy

The Hogfather
5 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

We played the exact same tactics that we failed with in midweek, with poorer players

We were at home and got well and truly pumped. In anyone's language it is mediocrity and not acceptable. We need change now, or the slow inevitable decline starts.

Genuinely I think you're following the wrong club. Maybe someone like Liverpool or Real Madrid would be more your scene.

Bazzas right boot

The rabids enjoying themselves. 

Won't last long tho, consecutive 3rd place finishes will have them hiding again.

Thankfully. 

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I pretty much agree. All I said to the guy who posted his list of 7 is that he was exaggerating re how many of the players on the list would play. I still don’t think Humphrys or Haring would have started but there’s little doubt at ieat Humphrys would have come off the bench b

The other bit of perspective that people miss is the quality of the opposition. Two of the subs  they brought today they spent over £6m on the pair of them.  We are bringing on Forest, et al🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I think it makes your assertion that they are on a good run bull shit 

So neither are we?

And you couldn't even get the score right.

Just now, soonbe110 said:

The other bit of perspective that people miss is the quality of the opposition. Two of the subs  they brought today they spent over £6m on the pair of them.  We are bringing on Forest, et al🤷‍♂️

Forrest was a rising star at Livi.

We bought him as a means of improving.

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

The rabids enjoying themselves. 

Won't last long tho, consecutive 3rd place finishes will have them hiding again.

Thankfully. 

Yup. Until we have the temerity to lose or draw a game. Then they'll be back.

The Mercer Takeover
3 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

Genuinely I think you're following the wrong club. Maybe someone like Liverpool or Real Madrid would be more your scene.

Following the right club, just with the wrong manager

2 hours ago, Ministryofdad said:

In Robbie we trust?

not any more!!

This was the biggest game of the season. One of the biggest weeks in hearts recent seasons, double header vs the best team in the country and we couldnt lay a glove on them!

Joe savage has been a rather good addition to the management structure. This is the only positive.

Bad management equates to these shan peformances we have been putting in since the start of the year.

its nowhere near good enough as a club for what we wanting to achieve.

I dont think we have a bad squad. 

injuries aside the confidence in this squad is depleted, the depth we thought we once had is gone

I think the way we are set up to play is hampering the players and this comes down to the coaching.

We as a club have been found out how to play against.

Robbie is good enough to get us third . he has proven this. 

are we being too ambitious by deserving more?

question is this.....

Is the tactics being deployed by Robbie and his coaching staff are not working with the players we have? 

OR 

is the management, coaching and player development being hampered because of it.

Agree with most. 

Without snoddy, shanks, humps gordon, we couldn't even fill the bench and they were at full strength. That's Neilsons get out of jail card today. He has to cement 3rd and he's safe for another season. I'm not totally Nielson out but he's changing my mind rapidly.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, ali_jambo said:

Yup. Until we have the temerity to lose or draw a game. Then they'll be back.

The thought of us getting beat  at Aberdeen will be giving them stauners.

I get it, I honestly do. Our performance levels have been worrying recently. Hamilton, dundee United and Motherwell. On Wednesday I was happy enough but today, not so much. It’s like our defence and midfield just didn’t know where they should be. It was awful, we had little chance to begin with and crazy defending in the first few minutes gave us a mountain to climb. 

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

The thought of us getting beat  at Aberdeen will be giving them stauners.

Imagine watching Hearts in this era and spending your time raging week in week out. What an existence.

Some folks are a dedicated to misery.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I get it, I honestly do. Our performance levels have been worrying recently. Hamilton, dundee United and Motherwell. On Wednesday I was happy enough but today, not so much. It’s like our defence and midfield just didn’t know where they should be. It was awful, we had little chance to begin with and crazy defending in the first few minutes gave us a mountain to climb. 

Agree re midfield today but that was the first time they had played together and only did so because of injuries.  First game together they are playing the slickest midfield/attack in the country.  They struggled at the start but actually began to get a grip towards half time and at 0-1 at ht I would def have thought we were still in it. Careless defending from Halliday at throw-in right on ht killed the game though. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, ali_jambo said:

Imagine watching Hearts in this era and spending your time raging week in week out. What an existence.

Some folks are a dedicated to misery.

I feel sorry for them.

They only want Bob away. Nothing else matters.

Agree re midfield today but that was the first time they had played together and only did so because of injuries.  First game together they are playing the slickest midfield/attack in the country.  They struggled at the start but actually began to get a grip towards half time and at 0-1 at ht I would def have thought we were still in it. Careless defending from Halliday at throw-in right on ht killed the game though. 

Aye that’s fair, the only thing I’d maybe add is we seemed to lack any leadership. We had a lot of young and/or inexperienced players on the pitch today and think we missed the likes of Snodgrass or Shankland. 

9 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

We didn’t buy him and he isn’t close to the level of the opposition today. He was a punt.    He isn’t even close to the level of his brother and he even struggles to get near a Celtic match day squad these days. I’d gladly swop one for the other though. . 

All week in the build up to this game I never once thought we’d win, I hoped we would but definitely never felt confident. 

Disappointed in the outcome …. not really tbh as we were up against it from the minute the draw was made.

There has to be an admittance that the opposition today are a pretty good side who are streets ahead of us.. so why the expectations that we’d win this one.

Money buys success and they have loads compared to us. The only thing I was really disappointed with today was Hearts team line up due to all the bloody injuries again.

Really hoping we have 3 or 4 more to choose from next week. 

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I feel sorry for them.

They only want Bob away. Nothing else matters.

Yup. Personally I've had a great time supporting us the last couple of years, thanks to Bob, Joe and Ann.

Cup finals, third place, European adventures... Where Hearts should be.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Aye that’s fair, the only thing I’d maybe add is we seemed to lack any leadership. We had a lot of young and/or inexperienced players on the pitch today and think we missed the likes of Snodgrass or Shankland. 

Agree, we don’t have a real figurehead with Gordon out injured. 

30 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Is he that good?

Look at what the alternatives are.  

See Aberdeen, Dundee United, Hibs, and us from Cathro to Stendel.

Face facts.  The "next level" manager some want is way above our budget.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, ali_jambo said:

Yup. Personally I've had a great time supporting us the last couple of years, thanks to Bob, Joe and Ann.

Cup finals, third place, European adventures... Where Hearts should be.

Yip. I'm planning (tentatively) next seasons euro trip.

Shite times..

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yip. I'm planning (tentatively) next seasons euro trip.

Shite times..

Absolutely raging that we only got four potential away Euro trips this season. Robbie oot!

16 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Look at what the alternatives are.  

See Aberdeen, Dundee United, Hibs, and us from Cathro to Stendel.

Face facts.  The "next level" manager some want is way above our budget.

Not sure if he can maintain this level. Will know soon enough. 

Pasquale for King
41 minutes ago, Bking9 said:

Agree with most. 

Without snoddy, shanks, humps gordon, we couldn't even fill the bench and they were at full strength. That's Neilsons get out of jail card today. He has to cement 3rd and he's safe for another season. I'm not totally Nielson out but he's changing my mind rapidly.

Maeda was out and Starfelt went off at HT, he probably could've found two youngsters to fill the bench.

Surprised he didn’t mention the injuries tbh..

Edited by Pasquale for King

Ministryofdad
2 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

The major worry for me is that the management team have not learnt from the consistent mistakes / problems with our tactics that have remained all season. 

Firstly, Celtic are miles clear of us. Ange has spent almost 50 million. Our squad has probably cost us 2 million tops.

However, we are still so slow to switch on when the ball goes out for a throw or when the opposition take a quick free kick or corner. This is a trait that we’ve had for years. 

Secondly, there is still not enough winning of the second balls. Evident in every game this season. 

Thirdly, there is a nervousness / inability to get the ball forward or into the box. Certain players are consistently guilty for passing the ball backwards when it has to go forward. Especially Smith and Devlin. 

Fourthly, the team and formation. It was crying out to play a 4. What’s the point in having 3 centre backs up against Kyogo. Aaron Mooy had the freedom of Gorgie in there. Halliday chasing shadows all day long and Kio having to do 3 players worth of running. 

Finally, subs. How on earth did Halliday and Kingsley survive not getting subbed at Ht? I’ve seen this opinion a lot on Twitter after the game and it’s spot on. Like others have said, we are 2-0 down at home in a cup game at HT. You simply have to make a change. Barrie McKay can’t hack these big games. It’s evident. 

Hence my point in alluding to the shan management and coaching. 

Hearts are shite and we are easy 3rd best team in Scottish football for wherever that is worth. 

We deserve better. 

Won't get there until we show some Ambition. 

There's living within our means and then there is having the ability to realistically challenging for honours  

18 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Not sure if he can maintain this level. Will know soon enough. 

Based on his track record to date as a manager there’s no reason to believe he can’t. Never finished lower than third with us and United. MK Dons only career blip. .  

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Based on his track record to date as a manager there’s no reason to believe he can’t. Never finished lower than third with us and United. MK Dons only career blip. .  

Can't count Championship either. 

So we are going to sack a manager that is on the cusp of delivering back to back 3rd places and guaranteed group stage football for the 2nd year in a row.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Edited by ramrod

heartsfc_fan

We lose against a vastly superior team and not to mention 10 players missing including our top scorer.

Shock.

4 minutes ago, ramrod said:

So we are going to sack a manager that is on the cusp of delivering back to back 3rd places and guaranteed group stage football for the 2nd year in a row.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Luckily we won't because our board is sensible. :greggy:

OP is utter nonsense.

These threads should have their own Forum.

We could call it The Bogs, after the old toilets at the high corners. They too were full of p***

Ministryofdad
2 hours ago, Madjambo21 said:

Gordon 

Halkett

Benni

Boyce

Shankland

Humphrys 

Haring

There is 7 players who would have played if fit.

What other team outside the old firm could be in 3rd with injuries like this. 

Also more squad players out to.

Robbie is doing a good job, the only thing is the old firm are miles apart from the rest now

Yeah exactly my point. 

3rd biggest budget in the league by a considerable margin aswell. 

Haven't recruited well past 2 windows. 

Or rephrase talent coming in hasn't worked in what Robbie is looking for coaching nor has he improved anyone in the squad able to command a sell on fee for 

5 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

We lose against a vastly superior team and not to mention 10 players missing including our top scorer.

Shock.

Its the usual moon howlers gagging on a Hearts defeat to have another pop at the manager they didn't want back.

Pete Elliott
4 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

OP is utter nonsense.

These threads should have their own Forum.

We could call it The Bogs, after the old toilets at the high corners. They too were full of p***

:spoton:

21 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Maeda was out and Starfelt went off at HT, he probably could've found two youngsters to fill the bench.

Surprised he didn’t mention the injuries tbh..

True, for me Maeda not being available for them doesn't weaken them. 

As u say why not put a couple of youngsters in to experience the atmosphere, and even being in and around the 1st team.

Can be a great experience regardless of not getting on the pitch and regardless of the result. 

They rock up with a full bench! 

I just found it strange 

58 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

We didn’t buy him and he isn’t close to the level of the opposition today. He was a punt.    He isn’t even close to the level of his brother and he even struggles to get near a Celtic match day squad these days. I’d gladly swop one for the other though. . 

Okay acquired him.

The message at the time was he'd be an asset .

4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Its the usual moon howlers gagging on a Hearts defeat to have another pop at the manager they didn't want back.

Its not all moon howlers. I'm not fully Neilson out but the formation, shape and team selection at times is mind boggling. He's not covering himself in glory at all atm.

Rangers at tynecastle, kuol started the game CM, had a howler of a game, and has ****ed the lads confidence imo. 

7 minutes ago, Ministryofdad said:

Yeah exactly my point. 

3rd biggest budget in the league by a considerable margin aswell. 

Haven't recruited well past 2 windows. 

Or rephrase talent coming in hasn't worked in what Robbie is looking for coaching nor has he improved anyone in the squad able to command a sell on fee for 

Aberdeen have spent a fair bit so its not a massive margin we have.

Also the players we can attract are not going to be miles above what the rest can get unlike when the old firm Buy players for millions.

(Celtic paid 6 million for Jota, Budge paid 2 million for us)

Realistically what do you think we can achieve under a new manager???

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Bking9 said:

True, for me Maeda not being available for them doesn't weaken them. 

As u say why not put a couple of youngsters in to experience the atmosphere, and even being in and around the 1st team.

Can be a great experience regardless of not getting on the pitch and regardless of the result. 

They rock up with a full bench! 

I just found it strange 

I think he’s first choice so obviously better than number 9. 
He refuses to fill the bench, or play youngsters anyway but as you say give them the experience. 

1 hour ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Rising star? He's 26 years old. 

Anyone who thinks a new manager would be more likely to take us to 1st/2nd rather than backwards to 5th/6th is either very young and new to Scottish football, or nuts. 

When Neilson does eventually go and we aren't in fact challenging for the title, I wonder how many of the Out brigade would admit they got it wrong.

Edited by Jack-Bauer

4 hours ago, Ministryofdad said:

In Robbie we trust?

not any more!!

This was the biggest game of the season. One of the biggest weeks in hearts recent seasons, double header vs the best team in the country and we couldnt lay a glove on them!

Joe savage has been a rather good addition to the management structure. This is the only positive.

Bad management equates to these shan peformances we have been putting in since the start of the year.

its nowhere near good enough as a club for what we wanting to achieve.

I dont think we have a bad squad. 

injuries aside the confidence in this squad is depleted, the depth we thought we once had is gone

I think the way we are set up to play is hampering the players and this comes down to the coaching.

We as a club have been found out how to play against.

Robbie is good enough to get us third . he has proven this. 

are we being too ambitious by deserving more?

question is this.....

Is the tactics being deployed by Robbie and his coaching staff are not working with the players we have? 

OR 

is the management, coaching and player development being hampered because of it.

On Oscar weekend, drama queen of the year award goes to …. 

Chevy Chase
3 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

This really annoys me every man and his dog knows about the gulf between the old firm and the rest.

However in a one off match hearts fans expect much better than what we are getting from neilson’s fantastic man management. 

players look clueless to their jobs and we have no “style of play” other than fannying about at the back and lethargic players in the engine room

we may well get third although his arse will be twitching but I have no doubt a better coaching team would get more out of this squad. 

met a guy on the bus and he wasn’t far off by suggesting Stendel, he would at least have the players closing and pressing unlike neilson’s meek shitey tactics

:rofl:

Stay in the house like you usually do ffs. The day out has warped your tiny brain.

Stendel :rofl: 

highlandjambo3

question is this.....

OR 

is the management, coaching and player development being hampered because of it.   You missed a question:

Or are Rangers and Celtic better than us?

Or

Edited by highlandjambo3

So far we've had Stendel (relegated) and Mcinnes (papped out to a lower league side yesterday) suggested as better options than Robbie.

Spoiler

😆

The Mercer Takeover
23 minutes ago, frankblack said:

The usual apologists accepting mediocrity.

Sooner or later, some on here will realise a huge section of our support thinks we can do better. Accepting 2nd best is what they do over the other side of the city. Try going to the occasional away game and listen to the grumbling 

Ministryofdad
9 minutes ago, Madjambo21 said:

Aberdeen have spent a fair bit so its not a massive margin we have.

Also the players we can attract are not going to be miles above what the rest can get unlike when the old firm Buy players for millions.

(Celtic paid 6 million for Jota, Budge paid 2 million for us)

Realistically what do you think we can achieve under a new manager???

One that can challenge the old firm and break the curse of a cup win. 

Robbie has no tactical prowess. 

His players have regressed not progressed under his management. 

The coaching staff are not up to standard. 

Personally id break the bank for a proven manager with a track record and coaching experience along with backroom staff that have actually won at the highest level. 

Someone that's been there and done it. 

Breaking the bank meaning offering them terms and conditions similar to what a high paid player in their prime is on. 

Then the talent will follow. 

Here is 3 affordable names 

Steven Gerrard 

Frank Lampard 

Gattuso

Not Sure to beat Aberdeen up there who has Recently turned the corner ! Our away from woeful and not a moan it’s a fact ! 

• davemclaren changed the title to The Week ( Season) Hearts Management Got Found Out ( merged )