The Week ( Season) Hearts Management Got Found Out ( merged )

Ministryofdad

Ministryofdad

In Robbie we trust?

not any more!!

This was the biggest game of the season. One of the biggest weeks in hearts recent seasons, double header vs the best team in the country and we couldnt lay a glove on them!

Joe savage has been a rather good addition to the management structure. This is the only positive.

Bad management equates to these shan peformances we have been putting in since the start of the year.

its nowhere near good enough as a club for what we wanting to achieve.

I dont think we have a bad squad. 

injuries aside the confidence in this squad is depleted, the depth we thought we once had is gone

I think the way we are set up to play is hampering the players and this comes down to the coaching.

We as a club have been found out how to play against.

Robbie is good enough to get us third . he has proven this. 

are we being too ambitious by deserving more?

question is this.....

Is the tactics being deployed by Robbie and his coaching staff are not working with the players we have? 

OR 

is the management, coaching and player development being hampered because of it.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• soonbe110

• Naisys Tackle

After The Watershed

The only reality check needed is for those that think our squad is anywhere near good enough to compete with Celtic and blame it on the management.

Tell me who actually wanted Kingsley, McKay, Ginnelly, Sibbick, Devlin, Halliday, Cochrane, Grant etc. before we signed them? 

Maybe it's a case of the management doing well too get the performances they do from this squad. 

Best of the rest that's our current squad level and that's the reality.

Gordon_1874
2 minutes ago, After The Watershed said:

The only reality check needed is for those that think our squad is anywhere near good enough to compete with Celtic and blame it on the management.

Tell me who actually wanted Kingsley, McKay, Ginnelly, Sibbick, Devlin, Halliday, Cochrane, Grant etc. before we signed them? 

Maybe it's a case of the management doing well too get the performances they do from this squad. 

This. It's a sad state of affairs but the reality is with Guardiola in charge the best we'd finish is 3rd. Cetlic have quality players all over the pitch including the bench. Not one of our players would get into their squad.

6 minutes ago, ali_jambo said:

Good enough to get us third.

So getting us the best possible result with our players and finances.

Sound.

Is he though?

Yes we're third, by 5 points currently.

Lose the derby,  which given his record at Easter Road is far from impossible,  and will he still be getting the best possible results?

1 minute ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Is he though?

Lose the derby,  which given his record at Easter Road is far from impossible,  and will he still be getting the best possible results?

Being third by 5 points is what we want. As in 3rd place.

Also Robbie hasn't lost at ER since he came back.

Is he though?

:rofl:

Worrying about losing the derby to that shower of shite. 

I'll admit, I'm starting to get a bit annoyed with Neilsonball, but this is straw clutching on a whole new level. 

**** the record, with different players and different teams, the most recent game at Easter Road was a 3-0 win, after another 3-0 win just before it. 

Clark Griswold

My issue is, we’ve not progressed this season by any means. We’re not winning either cup and we might get third. Arguably we’ve regressed a little by not making the final of the Scottish.

For those reasons I think I’m for a change of manager and coaching staff after this season. Time for some new ideas and a fresh approach. 

been here before
26 minutes ago, Ministryofdad said:

In Robbie we trust?

not any more!!

This was the biggest game of the season. One of the biggest weeks in hearts recent seasons, double header vs the best team in the country and we couldnt lay a glove on them!

Joe savage has been a rather good addition to the management structure. This is the only positive.

Bad management equates to these shan peformances we have been putting in since the start of the year.

injuries aside the confidence in this squad is depleted, the depth we thought we once had is gone

I think the way we are set up to play is hampering the players and this comes down to the coaching.

question is this.....

Is the tactics being deployed by Robbie and his coaching staff are not working with the players we have? 

OR 

is the management, coaching and player development being hampered because of it.

You typed that out last Sunday didnt you and you've sat there all week hoping... and todays the day its came true for you.

You must be delighted.

Edited by been here before

Not expecting us to beat Celtic and Rangers regularly by any means but Robbie has no awareness how to play these games.

Leveins teams were severely limited but at least you knew they’d make these OF games a war. 5 across the middle, everybody knew their man and battles.

Robbie stubbornly persists with the same dodgy systems we struggle to implement against Ross County ffs. Trying to play out from the back, through their press. Trying to pick up zonally in and around the box. It’s never going to happen.

Second half, there was a spell where we got some joy with Gino in behind, but nobody to support him. The pace of Kuol might have been an effective change through the middle to give Gino support - but no, 3 like for like changes. Tries nothing different 

Edited by liam11

Smith&Weston

Depends on the ambition.  Neilson might get you best of the rest but if he stays, we will continue to have results like this against the old firm.

Nerja Jambo
9 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

My issue is, we’ve not progressed this season by any means. We’re not winning either cup and we might get third. Arguably we’ve regressed a little by not making the final of the Scottish.

For those reasons I think I’m for a change of manager and coaching staff after this season. Time for some new ideas and a fresh approach. 

At last someone who can see the bigger picture. Clubs can change their coaches to quickly but equally clubs can retain them for to long, Levein being the classic example. What is the reaction going to be if we don't finish 3rd and it's no certainty we will. We are still favourites but have seen an 11 point lead cut to 5, so it's far from certain. 

Ugh stop it. 

Neilson will get us 3rd, folk are trying to run before they can walk here. The club needs to be built up more before we can actually challenge the OF. At present, we just need to make sure we're staying in cups as long as possible so if they do **** up, its us nabbing the cup instead of St Johnstone or Killie or whoever else. 

I'm not overly enthusiastic about the management team, but its the results that matter and as long as they can finish 3rd, then that is the job. Finish 3rd, get Europe money, reinvest in club, grow sustainably and over a period of time look to challenge the OF. Its not about immediately challenging as much as it is frustrating. If you want to get there faster, ask the club about stadium expansion. The faster the ball is rolling on that the better, get a stadium capacity that isn't leaving money on the table and we can then seek to develop a gap that Hibs and Aberdeen will struggle to bridge. Once done, then we can look above us. 

5 minutes ago, liam11 said:

Not expecting us to beat Celtic and Rangers regularly by any means but Robbie has no awareness how to play these games.

Leveins teams were severely limited but at least you knew they’d make these OF games a war. 5 across the middle, everybody knew their man and battles.

Robbie stubbornly persists with the same dodgy systems we struggle to implement against Ross County ffs. Trying to play out from the back, through their press. Trying to pick up zonally in and around the box. It’s never going to happen.

Second half, there was a spell where we got some joy with Gino in behind, but nobody to support him. The pace of Kuol might have been an effective change through the middle to give Gino support - but no, 3 like for like changes. Tries nothing different 

Think this is a fair point, the game against Rangers again demonstrated that stubborness. 

What is he hoping to achieve trying to beat a better football team at football? Make it a war, be absolutely brutal and grind the result out. At present, we look like we're trying to do stuff beyond the capability of our team. 

Every time we play them it feels like the management have chucked it and its a free hit. 

Beaten by the better team with the better players . I never found any thing out about him today , other than we are not good enough to compete with Celtic 

Rarely seems to be any speed, confidence and get up and go in our performances.

Always laboured, slow and passing it about across the back three constantly.

It's certainly not entertainment and skill we are being served up.

32 minutes ago, After The Watershed said:

Yes - anyone blaming today on the manager/tactics is really way off. The reality is that we have a lot of average players - particularly in midfield. Until we carry more of an attacking threat from midfield, it's very difficult to see us troubling a team of Celtic's quality.

18 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

That's quite some logic.  You'd have sacked Ferguson at Aberdeen on that basis.  And if Neilson had won the cup final last year, he'd pretty much need to do a cup double and third place this year, then he'd be out the door after next season after as he'd inevitably be unable to "progress" on that.

Nelly Terraces

Our performance today would've done as a pre season friendly. Mind you, quite a lot of our timid performances are like that under the Paisley Pep & his cohorts. 

I agree with regard to missing out on signing players like Kyogo, Jota, Hatate and Mooy. Questions need to be asked why we didn't sign them. 

Otherwise doing okay. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Clerry Jambo
32 minutes ago, After The Watershed said:

This really annoys me every man and his dog knows about the gulf between the old firm and the rest.

However in a one off match hearts fans expect much better than what we are getting from neilson’s fantastic man management. 

players look clueless to their jobs and we have no “style of play” other than fannying about at the back and lethargic players in the engine room

we may well get third although his arse will be twitching but I have no doubt a better coaching team would get more out of this squad. 

met a guy on the bus and he wasn’t far off by suggesting Stendel, he would at least have the players closing and pressing unlike neilson’s meek shitey tactics

31 minutes ago, tian447 said:

:rofl:

Worrying about losing the derby to that shower of shite. 

I'll admit, I'm starting to get a bit annoyed with Neilsonball, but this is straw clutching on a whole new level. 

**** the record, with different players and different teams, the most recent game at Easter Road was a 3-0 win, after another 3-0 win just before it. 

It's hardly straw clutching.

I don't think it's realistic to challenge the Old Firm.

It is realistic to be the best of the rest and we're there, just, at the moment.

That shower of shite are on a decent run.

It's also realistic to hope to give the Old Firm a game.

Celtic could hardly have had it any easier today.

45 minutes ago, Ministryofdad said:

In Robbie we trust?

not any more!!

question is this.....

OR 

Can I just point out a few things.

Celtic no matter what shites posted on here are a fantastic football team

Rio Hatate in the first half gave a midfield performance way above any I've seen for a while at Tynecastle

And your post is full of shite.

5 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

This really annoys me every man and his dog knows about the gulf between the old firm and the rest.

However in a one off match hearts fans expect much better than what we are getting from neilson’s fantastic man management. 

players look clueless to their jobs and we have no “style of play” other than fannying about at the back and lethargic players in the engine room

we may well get third although his arse will be twitching but I have no doubt a better coaching team would get more out of this squad. 

met a guy on the bus and he wasn’t far off by suggesting Stendel, he would at least have the players closing and pressing unlike neilson’s meek shitey tactics

See the guy you met on the bus .

He's about as clued up as you.

What a fekin bus journey that must have been for all the other folk on the bus with half a clue.

It's hardly straw clutching.

I don't think it's realistic to challenge the Old Firm.

It is realistic to be the best of the rest and we're there, just, at the moment.

That shower of shite are on a decent run.

It's also realistic to hope to give the Old Firm a game.

Celtic could hardly have had it any easier today.

The previous Hearts manager once beat Rangers twice in a month 🤷‍♂️

I am not convinced by our style of play at the moment. This slow passing it out from the back 3 is tedious, as is Neilson persistence with his favourites regardless of form (McKay).

avhudtheteeshirt

Playing for 3rd place is about dealing with the other 9 teams in the league and getting into Europe!

Playing the Old Firm has always been a game of chance, win or draw is a bonus, getting beat is expected!

If you are a fan of more than 5 years, you will know that its the way it is.

If your a fan of more than 40 years, its ingrained on your heart that we have little or no chance.

Money talks, so hard as it seems we just have to suck it up!!!

The Goalscoring Knee
19 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Get rid asap. 

What timescale? Now? End of the season? Genuine question.

Pasquale for King

We showed the way to play against them in the 4:3 defeat, that gave us the best chance to beat them, 4321 and press. The 532 formation leaves so many gaps for them to play in its actually crazy to think that it will work against them. 

14 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Our performance today would've done as a pre season friendly. Mind you, quite a lot of our timid performances are like that under the Paisley Pep & his cohorts. 

You've been banging this drum for about a year. You were wrong then and you're wrong now.

Biggest issue for me is how he approaches theses games at home to the old firm. Standing off them and allowing them to play just doesn’t work as it allows them to settle in to the game and they pass you to death. The 4-3 game earlier in the season was much better as we had a go and gave them a game. I’d far rather go down swinging than meekly accept defeat. 

Nelly Terraces
Just now, The Goalscoring Knee said:

What timescale? Now? End of the season? Genuine question.

Soon as possible for me. He's taking us nowhere, is tactically inept, can't motivate a team & is out his depth.

If you want to metaphorically drive at 50mph down the middle lane , then bash on with him doing the driving.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, kila said:

The previous Hearts manager once beat Rangers twice in a month 🤷‍♂️

I am not convinced by our style of play at the moment. This slow passing it out from the back 3 is tedious, as is Neilson persistence with his favourites regardless of form (McKay).

With a poor team but showed how you have to play to have a chance especially at home.,

Famous 1874

The major worry for me is that the management team have not learnt from the consistent mistakes / problems with our tactics that have remained all season. 

Firstly, Celtic are miles clear of us. Ange has spent almost 50 million. Our squad has probably cost us 2 million tops.

However, we are still so slow to switch on when the ball goes out for a throw or when the opposition take a quick free kick or corner. This is a trait that we’ve had for years. 

Secondly, there is still not enough winning of the second balls. Evident in every game this season. 

Thirdly, there is a nervousness / inability to get the ball forward or into the box. Certain players are consistently guilty for passing the ball backwards when it has to go forward. Especially Smith and Devlin. 

Fourthly, the team and formation. It was crying out to play a 4. What’s the point in having 3 centre backs up against Kyogo. Aaron Mooy had the freedom of Gorgie in there. Halliday chasing shadows all day long and Kio having to do 3 players worth of running. 

Finally, subs. How on earth did Halliday and Kingsley survive not getting subbed at Ht? I’ve seen this opinion a lot on Twitter after the game and it’s spot on. Like others have said, we are 2-0 down at home in a cup game at HT. You simply have to make a change. Barrie McKay can’t hack these big games. It’s evident. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

We showed the way to play against them in the 4:3 defeat, that gave us the best chance to beat them, 4321 and press. The 532 formation leaves so many gaps for them to play in its actually crazy to think that it will work against them. 

He should have changed to a 4 the minute they scored. They exploited the wing backs and continually got in behind us. Don’t see the point in 3 cbs playing against one central striker as it just leaves us short elsewhere. 

BackOfTheNet

I get that Celtic are way ahead of us in almost every regard, so I understand that people are having a wee go at those overreacting. That being said, if we were always going to get beat (as it seems some are alluding to intentionally or otherwise) then why turn up at all when we play them?

Basically, don’t question why people wouldn’t fork out £30 for today and then in the same breath say that we should be expecting to get beat in almost every circumstance anyway.

Nelly Terraces
1 minute ago, ali_jambo said:

You've been banging this drum for about a year. You were wrong then and you're wrong now.

Probably not the best time to be posting that old chum:lol:.

That's if you ARE a Hearts supporter of course, or just a troll. My money's on the latter. 

Toodle pip. And save yourself the bother replying, I won't be reading it, there's a good boy. :)

Clerry Jambo
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We can only hope some English club come for him as hes not being sacked. 

Hearing acrington Stanley looking for a number 2

Nerja Jambo

The stated aims before this season started were, finishing 3rd, getting to cup finals and narrowing the gap between us and the old firm and by doing so widening the gap between us and the rest. It's going to be very interesting to see how that all turns out. RN is an average coach with an above average budget. I have nothing against him personally, but any progression this club makes on the field is not going to happen with him in charge. Can we challenge for 2nd place, no matter who the coach is, no, but we can make finishing 3rd a lot easier and give both the OF one hell of a game both home and away, we should. Much as I detest Neil Lennon, he turned a very soft Hibs team into a very difficult one to beat. Everything that happens on a pitch, team selection, tactics, motivation all come down to the coaches and our 3 are not good enough.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

He should have changed to a 4 the minute they scored. They exploited the wing backs and continually got in behind us. Don’t see the point in 3 cbs playing against one central striker as it just leaves us short elsewhere. 

Exactly and none of the three knew which one should step forward. Clueless. 

Takeshi kovac

Neilson is going nowhere , even if we don't finish 3rd. I'm sick of Neilsonball and constantly being outgunned in midfield . Losing to OF is pretty much expected though . Our biggest concern is the 11 point lead we had has been more than halved in the last few weeks so he better buck up his ideas before he costs us group stage football next season.  

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Hearing acrington Stanley looking for a number 2

Any ***** will do 🤞

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Nerja Jambo said:

The stated aims before this season started were, finishing 3rd, getting to cup finals and narrowing the gap between us and the old firm and by doing so widening the gap between us and the rest. It's going to be very interesting to see how that all turns out. RN is an average coach with an above average budget. I have nothing against him personally, but any progression this club makes on the field is not going to happen with him in charge. Can we challenge for 2nd place, no matter who the coach is, no, but we can make finishing 3rd a lot easier and give both the OF one hell of a game both home and away, we should. Much as I detest Neil Lennon, he turned a very soft Hibs team into a very difficult one to beat. Everything that happens on a pitch, team selection, tactics, motivation all come down to the coaches and our 3 are not good enough.

Spot on

The Goalscoring Knee
2 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Soon as possible for me. He's taking us nowhere, is tactically inept, can't motivate a team & is out his depth.

If you want to metaphorically drive at 50mph down the middle lane , then bash on with him doing the driving.

I'm not defending the manager, I'm just intrigued as to the timing of your proposal. 10 games to go, at least half of which would be eaten up while we got a new management team in place. Wouldn't take much for the gap to 4th to disappear, and European football with it. Might it not play better to wait until the end of the season?

il Duce McTarkin

I think we should be happy with the level we have reached and as a fanbase express no desire to punch thrugh the glass ceiling.

Sign Robbie up for life. This is as good as it can possibly get and we shoud not in any way complain.

Yay Neilson.

Edited by Dirk McTarkin

26 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Hannover 96 reserves who play in the 4th tier won't give him up without a fight though.

• davemclaren changed the title to The Week ( Season) Hearts Management Got Found Out ( merged )