The Week ( Season) Hearts Management Got Found Out ( merged )

Ministryofdad

15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We showed the way to play against them in the 4:3 defeat, that gave us the best chance to beat them, 4321 and press. The 532 formation leaves so many gaps for them to play in its actually crazy to think that it will work against them. 

Aye, but we had Shanks playing that day. And Humphrey’s. And Snodgrass. They were all keenly missed today. Against the OF, you really need to be at or near full strength and be absolutely clinical when presented with a chance. We were neither.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• soonbe110

• Naisys Tackle

il Duce McTarkin
16 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Soon as possible for me. He's taking us nowhere, is tactically inept, can't motivate a team & is out his depth.

If you want to metaphorically drive at 50mph down the middle lane , then bash on with him doing the driving.

You must be Hibs. :seething:

22 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

Playing for 3rd place is about dealing with the other 9 teams in the league and getting into Europe!

Playing the Old Firm has always been a game of chance, win or draw is a bonus, getting beat is expected!

If you are a fan of more than 5 years, you will know that its the way it is.

If your a fan of more than 40 years, its ingrained on your heart that we have little or no chance.

Money talks, so hard as it seems we just have to suck it up!!!

Yes we are likely to lose but doing so without laying a glove on them is unacceptable. 

1 hour ago, Gordon_1874 said:

This. It's a sad state of affairs but the reality is with Guardiola in charge the best we'd finish is 3rd. Cetlic have quality players all over the pitch including the bench. Not one of our players would get into their squad.

At last a piece of wisdom. Truth is, if we had players good enough to get into their squad……they would be in their squad.

I am disappointed that we have such a poor record against the bigot twins these last few years. I would have hoped to get a result or two. I am realistic enough to know, however, that competing with them the regularly will never happen unless that vast difference in finances is bridged. Not impossible in the medium term. Hearts and Edinburgh are on the up whereas the post industrial west is in decline. We need to be a club that attracts wealthy corporates. Prawn sandwiches will be increasingly on the menu.

HartleyLegend3
1 minute ago, GBJambo said:

Yes we are likely to lose but doing so without laying a glove on them is unacceptable. 

You missed out 

"we are likely to lose but doing so without laying a glove on them" again and again and again and again.... 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Aye, but we had Shanks playing that day. And Humphrey’s. And Snodgrass. They were all keenly missed today. Against the OF, you really need to be at or near full strength and be absolutely clinical when presented with a chance. We were neither.

We had a poor defence that day also so played 4 at the back and Snodgrass led the press.
Look at the poor team that beat Rangers twice in a month under the previous manager or this one under an ever worse manager. Pressing really is the best option. 

4AD2C026-8061-4E18-AFD8-97F6DDDDBC95.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King

Robbie is single minded, obstinate and rigid.

Never changes the formation. No matter how many times a back 3 is shown to be a shite idea. He knows best.

Jemmies players into a formation no matter if it suits them or not. No matter how many times they don't seem to know what they're doing, because they're out of position.

Never makes subs until it's far too late. No matter how knackered the guys on the pitch are or how badly they've performed. 60 minutes is Robbie's Sub Time. Not before.

Only changes the formation to a back 4 when it's far too late.

He has a Plan A and only a Plan A.

It either works, or it doesn't. 

Plans B-Z don't exist.

22 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Probably not the best time to be posting that old chum:lol:.

That's if you ARE a Hearts supporter of course, or just a troll. My money's on the latter. 

Toodle pip. And save yourself the bother replying, I won't be reading it, there's a good boy. :)

Yeah imagine a Hearts supporter actually supporting the team. You are an idiot.

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Neilson & co were found out ages ago. They are all out of their depth and must be replaced.

I wondered how long it would take for you to pop up with your insightful comments 

Gordon 

Halkett

Benni

Boyce

Shankland

Humphrys 

Haring

There is 7 players who would have played if fit.

What other team outside the old firm could be in 3rd with injuries like this. 

Also more squad players out to.

Robbie is doing a good job, the only thing is the old firm are miles apart from the rest now

38 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

It's hardly straw clutching.

I don't think it's realistic to challenge the Old Firm.

It is realistic to be the best of the rest and we're there, just, at the moment.

That shower of shite are on a decent run.

It's also realistic to hope to give the Old Firm a game.

Celtic could hardly have had it any easier today.

They are not on a decent run at all they just got fisted four nil at home 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Madjambo21 said:

Gordon 

Halkett

Benni

Boyce

Shankland

Humphrys 

Haring

Robbie is doing a good job, the only thing is the old firm are miles apart from the rest now

You forgot Snodgrass, when making excuses get the facts right. 
Doubtful that Boyce/Shankland/Humphreys, Ben/Haring start together really. 

Said previously, that the management team were given contact extension's far too early.  They are the only part of the club that have not been improved on in recent years.  They have been given the opportunity, but if we are to move forward and close the gap between the old firm, they need replaced.  Robbie's tactics, and selection, even when taking into account injuries etc, show his limitations.

Scott Leitch

Piss poor from Neilson and co again. 

Why does he try and overcomplicate things. 3/5 at the back. Left us badly exposed wide. You could see this after 5 mins. Changes it around the 70th min. Surely the 4231 or a straightforward 442 was the way to go today. 

We had a cente half (Rowles) stepping up and marking Mooy. What's the point in that? Cost us the first goal for a start. 

McKay playing up top. Barrie McKay was piss poor make no mistake but he's also a winger. Play him there or not at all. 

It was obvious things weren't working but as I said he waits and waits and waits to change it. Baffling and it's baffling the coaching staff can't see all this. 

Out the cup today without a whimper. It's so frustrating. Celtic are better we know that but Jesus give us the best possible chance of winning the tie. If things aren't working just change it. Doesn't matter how early it is. Don't wait until 70 mins when it's too late. 

People talk of the next level. That's to win a cup and to learn from your mistakes to enable us to at least compete against the better teams. He doesn't learn, that's the biggest issue. He doesn't learn and shows nothing to suggest he will. 

Having said all that he's safe as houses and going nowhere. 

Edited by Scott Leitch

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

They are not on a decent run at all they just got fisted four nil at home 

4-1. They did actually score.

How do you think that compares to our performance today?

Scott Leitch
4 minutes ago, Madjambo21 said:

Gordon 

Halkett

Benni

Boyce

Shankland

Humphrys 

Haring

The formation is a huge issue. Set us up to give us the best chance of winning. That nonsense today and previously against Rangers at home he's not done that. 

Clark Griswold
52 minutes ago, WageThief said:

That's quite some logic.  You'd have sacked Ferguson at Aberdeen on that basis.  And if Neilson had won the cup final last year, he'd pretty much need to do a cup double and third place this year, then he'd be out the door after next season after as he'd inevitably be unable to "progress" on that.

So you’re happy stagnating, fair enough. I want us to progress, but I don’t see any this season is my point. 

Don't rate snodgrass vs old firm but ok vs the rest to be fair.

Was pointing out we have so many injuries and are still 3rd.

Were lucky to put a team out at the start of the season with injuries if you remember. 

I'm sure we went on a ten game unbeaten run recently but Neilson out it is 🤔

6 minutes ago, Madjambo21 said:

Gordon 

Halkett

Benni

Boyce

Shankland

Humphrys 

Haring

No it’s not. 😂. Clark had a great game so Gordon’s inclusion is irrelevant. Humphrys isn’t a starter and neither is Haring. The other 4? Fair enough but let’s not kid on its 7. 

Nerja Jambo

A long time ago it was asked on here, what should the club do with the FOH money. It was generally agreed that the club should use it as they see fit. Fine by me. I then suggested we use 50% of that money, plus the money already allocated to hire a coach. That is where the lack of ambition from the boardroom is shown up. It has always been the case, and rightly so, we the owners should not have a say into the day to day running of the club, our business. We do have the right to challenge the board though when our business is adversely effected financially. That has already happened today and will be again if we fail to qualify for Europe and the millions that brings in. The old phrase speculate to accumulate doesn't seem to apply with us. 

10 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

4-1. They did actually score.

How do you think that compares to our performance today?

I think it makes your assertion that they are on a good run bull shit 

Nerja Jambo
14 minutes ago, keifrb said:

Said previously, that the management team were given contact extension's far too early.  They are the only part of the club that have not been improved on in recent years.  They have been given the opportunity, but if we are to move forward and close the gap between the old firm, they need replaced.  Robbie's tactics, and selection, even when taking into account injuries etc, show his limitations.

I raised this very point re the contract on a couple of previous occasions. An absurd decision by the board, but over the years, one of many footballing ones. They along with RN, never seem to learn.

Edited by Nerja Jambo

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

No it’s not. 😂. Clark had a great game so Gordon’s inclusion is irrelevant. Humphrys isn’t a starter and neither is Haring. The other 4? Fair enough but let’s not kid on its 7. 

Ok so missing Halkett (best defender) Benni (best midfielder)

Shankland and Boyce (arguably best forwards we have) isn't going to affect us?

Not saying Robbie got it right today but if Celtic turn up even at 50% we most likely lose. 

Do you think a new manager would break the old firm???

Didn't work out well last time Robbie went

Just now, Madjambo21 said:

Ok so missing Halkett (best defender) Benni (best midfielder)

Shankland and Boyce (arguably best forwards we have) isn't going to affect us?

Not saying Robbie got it right today but if Celtic turn up even at 50% we most likely lose. 

Do you think a new manager would break the old firm???

Didn't work out well last time Robbie went

Aye that’s what I said, 4, and those four are a big loss. I’ve already said it’s too much of a gamble for me to sack Neilson but if you were asking if I thought he was a good manager then I’d probably say no. 

49 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Hearing acrington Stanley looking for a number 2

Our players looked like they were having number twos today 😐

1 hour ago, been here before said:

You typed that out last Sunday didnt you and you've sat there all week hoping... and todays the day its came true for you.

You must be delighted.

But he has a point.

12 minutes ago, Nerja Jambo said:

I raised this very point re the contract on a couple of previous occasions. An absurd decision by the board, but over the years, one of many footballing ones. They along with RN, never seem to learn.

Agree whole heartedly!

1 hour ago, Clark Griswold said:

My issue is, we’ve not progressed this season by any means. We’re not winning either cup and we might get third. Arguably we’ve regressed a little by not making the final of the Scottish.

For those reasons I think I’m for a change of manager and coaching staff after this season. Time for some new ideas and a fresh approach. 

You're right to point out how high the bar was set after last season.

You're wrong to suggest we replace the manager and coaches who raised the bar to that level. 

32 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

So you’re happy stagnating, fair enough. I want us to progress, but I don’t see any this season is my point. 

I think the question is then, what progression did you want to see?

Us win a cup?  That would take beating the best team in the country in the QF, given the draw.  We obviously failed to do that, so the response should be to sack the manager of Hearts because he couldn't beat Celtic?

Edited by Rampant

The Mercer Takeover
2 hours ago, Ministryofdad said:

In Robbie we trust?

not any more!!

This was the biggest game of the season. One of the biggest weeks in hearts recent seasons, double header vs the best team in the country and we couldnt lay a glove on them!

Joe savage has been a rather good addition to the management structure. This is the only positive.

Bad management equates to these shan peformances we have been putting in since the start of the year.

its nowhere near good enough as a club for what we wanting to achieve.

I dont think we have a bad squad. 

injuries aside the confidence in this squad is depleted, the depth we thought we once had is gone

I think the way we are set up to play is hampering the players and this comes down to the coaching.

We as a club have been found out how to play against.

Robbie is good enough to get us third . he has proven this. 

are we being too ambitious by deserving more?

question is this.....

Is the tactics being deployed by Robbie and his coaching staff are not working with the players we have? 

OR 

is the management, coaching and player development being hampered because of it.

Well said 

merseyjambo

Over 38 games, at present we are not going to get near either cheek of the OF backside.

What I do expect is that the games against them are treated like cup finals and the OF teams are made to work hard to get a victory. 

Today they barely had to get out of first gear to win that game. You need to compete in these games and we didn’t.

I didn’t want RN back and this is not a call to get rid but it’s frightening how poor our showings have been in most OF games over last 2 seasons. One win against Ange in his first game in charge and a point at Ibrox last season. 

We realistically have 2 trophies to play for so you know you are likely going to have to beat one or both of the OF to win one. A home tie at Tynecastle is always going to be your best option to do this. You have to play like lions to do this not lambs.

Edited by merseyjambo

The Mercer Takeover
2 hours ago, The Hogfather said:

Here we ****ing go again. 

And it is the same old problems, because we didn't fix it the last time. Mediocrity is not good enough.

Neilson has had a good run, he just isn't good enough.

The Mercer Takeover
49 minutes ago, Madjambo21 said:

Gordon 

Halkett

Benni

Boyce

Shankland

Humphrys 

Haring

Do you really think Neilson would play Boyce, Shankland and Humphrys in the same team dropping Gino. 

Haring would not be playing

1 minute ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Do you really think Neilson would play Boyce, Shankland and Humphrys in the same team dropping Gino. 

Was more to show who was missing that could have played or come off the bench.

The Hogfather
5 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

And it is the same old problems, because we didn't fix it the last time. Mediocrity is not good enough.

Celtic have spent the better part of £50m since Postecoglu came in the door. Losing to them isn't mediocrity to anyone with a sense of perspective.

In Robbie we trust?

not any more!!

This was the biggest game of the season. One of the biggest weeks in hearts recent seasons, double header vs the best team in the country and we couldnt lay a glove on them!

Joe savage has been a rather good addition to the management structure. This is the only positive.

Bad management equates to these shan peformances we have been putting in since the start of the year.

injuries aside the confidence in this squad is depleted, the depth we thought we once had is gone

I think the way we are set up to play is hampering the players and this comes down to the coaching.

question is this.....

Is the tactics being deployed by Robbie and his coaching staff are not working with the players we have? 

OR 

is the management, coaching and player development being hampered because of it.

Next Saturday is a bigger game than either of the two we played this week. 

Shite thread.

Good barometer for everyone with half a brain at the club.

There's positions we can compete, there's positions we struggle.

Overall todays game was how i have seen us compete recently.

Its a shame we didnt get to compete with at least Shanks up top but, thats football.

I'll be judging Robbie at the end of the season. Like anyone else with half a brain 😜

8 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Complete bollocks.  You want mediocrity - sack him and see what happens next...

59 minutes ago, Madjambo21 said:

Gordon 

Halkett

Benni

Boyce

Shankland

Humphrys 

Haring

Add Snodgrass 

57 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You forgot Snodgrass, when making excuses get the facts right. 
Doubtful that Boyce/Shankland/Humphreys, Ben/Haring start together really. 

No, I agree, however if any of them had been available today they would have started. Which means that in some positions we were playing third and fourth choices. 

54 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

If Humphrys had been fit today he would have started.  I suspect Haring would have as well ahead of Kio. Snodgrass actually makes it 8 missing. 

6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Complete bollocks.  You want mediocrity - sack him and see what happens next...

Is he that good?

10 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

Celtic have spent the better part of £50m since Postecoglu came in the door. Losing to them isn't mediocrity to anyone with a sense of perspective.

Exactly this . No we should be competing with them using free transfers and guys we picked up for quarter of a million though apparently 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

If Humphrys had been fit today he would have started.  I suspect Haring would have as well ahead of Kio. Snodgrass actually makes it 8 missing. 

Let’s see when Haring starts next then. It was clearly a tactic to play 3 in midfield so I personally doubt Humphrys would have started ahead of Gino or McKay. Snodgrass wasn’t on his list but I agree. 

14 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

If he had been fit and available today I think he would have started before Kol. 

The Mercer Takeover
1 hour ago, Scott Leitch said:

Piss poor from Neilson and co again. 

Why does he try and overcomplicate things. 3/5 at the back. Left us badly exposed wide. You could see this after 5 mins. Changes it around the 70th min. Surely the 4231 or a straightforward 442 was the way to go today. 

We had a cente half (Rowles) stepping up and marking Mooy. What's the point in that? Cost us the first goal for a start. 

McKay playing up top. Barrie McKay was piss poor make no mistake but he's also a winger. Play him there or not at all. 

It was obvious things weren't working but as I said he waits and waits and waits to change it. Baffling and it's baffling the coaching staff can't see all this. 

Out the cup today without a whimper. It's so frustrating. Celtic are better we know that but Jesus give us the best possible chance of winning the tie. If things aren't working just change it. Doesn't matter how early it is. Don't wait until 70 mins when it's too late. 

People talk of the next level. That's to win a cup and to learn from your mistakes to enable us to at least compete against the better teams. He doesn't learn, that's the biggest issue. He doesn't learn and shows nothing to suggest he will. 

Having said all that he's safe as houses and going nowhere. 

Good post

Pete Elliott

In Robbie we trust?

not any more!!

question is this.....

OR 

image.jpeg.0615386e927c2ec84256faebbc6d1a4f.jpeg

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Let’s see when Haring starts next then. It was clearly a tactic to play 3 in midfield so I personally doubt Humphrys would have started ahead of Gino or McKay. Snodgrass wasn’t on his list but I agree. 

I don’t think Haring will start again but a fully fit Haring would have started today given the loss of Snodgrass. Humphrys has done well in the bigger games this season so I think he would have started.  The real point is that the squad was stretched paper thin today to the extent that third and fourth choices started. Against by far the best team in the country who have spent circa £40-50m on players in last 18 months means it’s highly unlikely we win and pretty unlikely that we can really compete.  They are steamrollering everyone these days including Rangers eg league cup final. 

The Mercer Takeover
14 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

We played the exact same tactics that we failed with in midweek, with poorer players

We were at home and got well and truly pumped. In anyone's language it is mediocrity and not acceptable. We need change now, or the slow inevitable decline starts.

Just now, soonbe110 said:

I don’t think Haring will start again but a fully fit Haring would have started today given the loss of Snodgrass. Humphrys has done well in the bigger games this season so I think he would have started.  The real point is that the squad was stretched paper thin today to the extent that third and fourth choices started. Against by far the best team in the country who have spent circa £40-50m on players in last 18 months means it’s highly unlikely we win and pretty unlikely that we can really compete.  They are steamrollering everyone these days including Rangers eg league cup final. 

I pretty much agree. All I said to the guy who posted his list of 7 is that he was exaggerating re how many of the players on the list would play. I still don’t think Humphrys or Haring would have started but there’s little doubt at ieat Humphrys would have come off the bench b

• davemclaren changed the title to The Week ( Season) Hearts Management Got Found Out ( merged )