Rowles......

Exile fae Main Street

3 hours ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

If Halkett was next to him, he would have still made an arse of it at the first goal yesterday.

We dont need a CH who requires a babysitter 

Exactly! Do we need to sign players in pairs now so they can look after each other?

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pettigrewsstylist

• jambopilms

• wavydavy

• ramrod

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Rowles said a few months back that he was trying to bulk up as he knew he wasn't strong enough for the physicality of the SPL.

Looks like that hasn't worked. He really needs to toughen up and you don't have to be ripped to hold your own in challenges.

Pressley and Gough were decent defenders and not all that bulky.

I am not so sure I would want Taylor Moore back tbh.

He can't become 3 or 4 inches taller unfortunately. 

rudi must stay
44 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Do you know him?

I dont know him no but I think he's here purely for the money.  Not going to get anything for him I'd sell

rudi must stay
24 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I dont know him no but I think he's here purely for the money.  Not going to get anything for him I'd sell

From him

rudi must stay
29 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Rowles said a few months back that he was trying to bulk up as he knew he wasn't strong enough for the physicality of the SPL.

Looks like that hasn't worked. He really needs to toughen up and you don't have to be ripped to hold your own in challenges.

We were as good as 10 men v Hibs at Hampden. I was scared anytime he got the ball

pettigrewsstylist
11 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Absolutely agree

rowles is getting picked out and roasted for some reason where he’s actually been pretty solid this season. A solid, young enough centre back (Taylor Moore anyone?)

He has picked out and roasted by a succession of No9s, therein lies the problem.

Bazzas right boot

Rowles is beaten way to easily and is not commanding enough.

Maybe Got potential to be a very good player, but we need  more complete and commanding defenders than our current options of Sibbick, Rowles, Kingsley and Hill.

We need to get back to basics, defenders that can defend first and foremost. 

Ball players, potential etc is all very  good but when guys like Curtis Main bully the entire back 3 and plays like a Shearer/ Drogba hybrid it's not working. 

We are soft at cross balls/ high balls and Rowles is part of that problem atm.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Thunder and Lightning
2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Msybe Got potential to be a very good player, but we need  more complete and commanding defenders than our current options of Sibbick, Rowles, Kingsley and Hill.

Ball players, potential etc is all very  good but when guys like Curtis Main bully the entire back 3 and plays like a Shearer/ Drogba hybrid it's not working. 

Totally agree. 

pettigrewsstylist
6 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

"Rowles if he stays will play feet up not bothered football for the next three years. Clear to see he likes the new deal"

Thats some assessment of a guy you admit not knowing. 

He is  being  targeted by evey manager week in week out.

Soft as shite and zero pride in his performance. 

Looks like he  has cosied into his new 4 year deal and is happy to stroll along in mediocrity.

A huge disappointment after a very promising start.

rudi must stay
25 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

"Rowles if he stays will play feet up not bothered football for the next three years. Clear to see he likes the new deal"

Thats some assessment of a guy you admit not knowing. 

I do know him actually. Australian

2 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Souttar wasn’t even at Hearts when we signed him!

I assume the poster was talking about internationals beside Harry.

Just now, flem said:

Needs dropped, not strong enough to play at centre back in this league. 

Sadly looking like it. Maybe we should have taken the £2m that was reportedly on offer. 

SomethingAboutObua

Terrible, how's he not been told to stay in the gym. But who would come in for him? Hill's been terrible and L Neilson's in the B team

Big John Colquhoun
On 09/04/2023 at 13:04, Bazzas right boot said:

Maybe Got potential to be a very good player, but we need  more complete and commanding defenders than our current options of Sibbick, Rowles, Kingsley and Hill.

Agree completely.

it’s not that hard to have a good defence in the SPL, if the defence is commanding in the air and dominates the edge of the box, you’re stopping most of the teams beat route to goal.

remember the 2015/16 back 4 - Paterson, Ozturk, Augustyn and Rossi. Won absolutely everything in the air. Swap that back four for our current one and we’re instantly a much better defensive unit.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Big John Colquhoun said:

Agree completely.

it’s not that hard to have a good defence in the SPL, if the defence is commanding in the air and dominates the edge of the box, you’re stopping most of the teams beat route to goal.

remember the 2015/16 back 4 - Paterson, Ozturk, Augustyn and Rossi. Won absolutely everything in the air. Swap that back four for our current one and we’re instantly a much better defensive unit.

Yip.

January transfer window was a shocker tbh.

It in no way helped us at all or addressed the issues.

To be fair, we knew exactly what we were going to get. Our recruitment is very data driven, and the data clearly showed he was an excellent reader of the game, but his aerial duels were a massive weakness.

Savage etc, have not then provided the more aerially dominant centre half to balance it.

Big John Colquhoun
6 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yip.

January transfer window was a shocker tbh.

It in no way helped us at all or addressed the issues.

Aye. We needed a centre back and our current ones are afraid to head the ball. I know, let’s add a short centre back that looks like he doesn’t really fancy heading it as well. Inspired.

way out west jambo

We need to try something else at centre back. Rowes can’t play in the SPL. Sibbick is ok in spells. He could have done better for the header a cross goal today.

Haring & Neilson maybe? We need to try something.

If we dropped rowles would it mean all the other players would be able to pass the ball yards?

And would it mean we would create chances? Our whole midfield not be slow and lethargic?

OK let's drop him

buzzbomb1958
On 09/04/2023 at 12:54, LochcarronJambo said:

Rowles has made quite a number of mistakes lately & has cost us goals….to be fair he is not alone, but really expected more from him than he is showing

Sorry but Rowles is just a shit defender

An absolute pussy. 

Bullied by all 5"10 of Stevie May, bullied again and again thereafter. 

Some of this pointless passing between him and Sibbick too. WTAF are we just playing for stats boys? Get some passes in and boost your pass accuracy the next recruitment team looking to waste money on you?

Bungalow Bill

Just watched Naismith’s interview on Hearts TV, he said Rowels had a good game. I must be missing something, maybe I’m wrong. 

buzzbomb1958
3 minutes ago, Bungalow Bill said:

Just watched Naismith’s interview on Hearts TV, he said Rowels had a good game. I must be missing something, maybe I’m wrong. 

That statement proves he is not ready for management 

On 09/04/2023 at 12:50, Absolute Scenes said:

Absolutely agree

rowles is getting picked out and roasted for some reason where he’s actually been pretty solid this season. A solid, young enough centre back (Taylor Moore anyone?)

Solid? He’s as solid as my last shite! He gets bullied all over the park on the ground and in the air!

Robbo-Jambo
On 09/04/2023 at 12:55, wavydavy said:

He gets schooled every single game by strikers.

Today it was Nisbet.

Absolute woose.

Bungalow Bill
Just now, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

What has happened to him.

He was genuinely never that good in my opinion. Earlier on in the season he had some good blocks but that was it for me. 

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
Just now, Bungalow Bill said:

He was genuinely never that good in my opinion. Earlier on in the season he had some good blocks but that was it for me. 

He looks a different player now. I thought we’d won a watch with him but recent performances have been atrocious. 

11 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Sorry but Rowles is just a shit defender

Someone thought he was worth a 5 year contract.

Whoever that was should be working in a circus, wait a minute!

Just now, 19/05/2012 said:

I think the problem with Rowles is that teams have found out he is soft as **** and targeted him now

Definitely as well as Atkinson, hibs targeted both of them they are both physically soft