***Heart Of Midlothian v St Johnstone Official Match Thread ***

Masonic

WheatfieldWarrior
34 minutes ago, TayJamTart said:

Is this match sold out already? ? 

Great support. 

4 March seems so far away.

Hope Robbie and the squad are making the most of this ' break".

Yes,  just exchange tickets available now - 3 pairs in the whole ground and some singles available at the time of writing.

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Morgan

• ri Alban

Jambo Buckets
9 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Yes,  just exchange tickets available now - 3 pairs in the whole ground and some singles available at the time of writing.

The available seats with just 1 or 2 seats in between are just as good as a pair. Just ask people to shift along one.

On 21/02/2023 at 09:08, Italian Lambretta said:

The only thing im looking forward to about this game is Hospitality in the Gorgie suite.

The season is getting to that dull stage again when the team is utter shite and I just cant wait for it to end.

I'm now feeling sorry for you. But, I'll be looking forward to you being 1st to post a negative comment whilst the match is in progress. That seems to be what gives you most joy.

Would like something along these lines....

Clark

Smith, Sibbick, Rowles, Kingsley

Kio, Devlin,

Gino, Snodgrass, Cochrane

Shankland

Or

Clark

Sibbick, Rowles, Kingsley

Smith, Snodgrass, Devlin, Kio, Cochrane

Shankland, Gino

Really need to brush ourselves down and win this game, get back to winning ways. We have the squad to do it.

Come on Hearts let's rip the farmers apart and get that feeling back. 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

20 hours ago, Dusty said:

Would like something along these lines....

Clark

Smith, Sibbick, Rowles, Kingsley

Kio, Devlin,

Gino, Snodgrass, Cochrane

Shankland

Or

Clark

Sibbick, Rowles, Kingsley

Smith, Snodgrass, Devlin, Kio, Cochrane

Shankland, Gino

That first one is a mess - sorry. 

More likely to see the 2nd one but maybe Grant instead of Kio. 

49 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

That first one is a mess - sorry. 

More likely to see the 2nd one but maybe Grant instead of Kio. 

I forgot about Grant when I was putting it together......for the first one I was just thinking to the game away to Ross County when Kio was in beside Snodgrass and Connor Smith in front and it worked fairly well.  Thought Kio played well that day.

5 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

'Ticket Exchange Open' hahaha, there will be about 3k empty seats.

You're getting confused between Tynecastle and Albion Place Stadium.

3 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

You're getting confused between Tynecastle and Albion Place Stadium.

Something isn't working with the ticket exchange, 3500 people on a waiting list and we still have loads of empty seats.

10 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Something isn't working with the ticket exchange, 3500 people on a waiting list and we still have loads of empty seats.

Never 3k empty, though. Nothing like that for any sold out match this season.

4 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Is likely people  not putting their ticket on ticket exchange and choosing not to go. Not much the club can do. My nephew sits next to me and it depends on what he’s been doing the night before if he shows up. Maybe a lot of people decide on the day if they will use their seat. 

Edited by GinRummy

Francis Albert
19 hours ago, Armageddon said:

See the Filling the Stadium thread for a discussion of possible reasons for this. I am surprised that more don't put their tickets on given that that the rebate on your ST for next season is so generous. Especially if you release a concession seat where it effectively gives you a free game next season every time your seat is sold.

Brentford have what some might think a drastic solution but might be worth considering if the demand exceeds capacity by a greater extent which it might if we get third and Europe again (which looks iffier than it did a few weeks back).

Edited by Francis Albert

5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

See the Filling the Stadium thread for a discussion of possible reasons for this. I am surprised that more don't put their tickets on given that that the rebate on your ST for next season is so generous. Especially if you release a concession seat where it effectively gives you a free game next season every time your seat is sold.

Brentford have what some might think a drastic solution but might be worth considering if the demand exceeds capacity by a greater extent which it might if we get third and Europe again (which looks iffier than it did a few weeks back).

Robbing the club in my opinion.

I'd be very wary of a Brentford style 4 strikes and out position, for now.

I'm sure we had thousands more on the waiting list under Vlad and then a couple years later back to 12k-ish crowds against the smaller clubs.

The club needs to start on the seats that are never taken up because these folk always buy an ST but e.g. live away.

Next is hospitality.  Anyone a guest of a hospitality ticket holder should be asked well in advance if they are season ticket holder and what they intend to do with it to encourage it to get used or be put on TE, with club putting on TE.

Edited by DETTY29

Francis Albert
19 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Why are some people intent on creating a myth about having empty seats ?

There isn't.

You are right. It is not a myth. 

As for robbing the club, the club sells your released seat at full adult price. As I argue in the other thread the rebate of half the adult price for a released concession is arguably over generous for concession STs but the club still makes a healthy profit by reselling the seat. As it does for all seats sold for a second time through the Exchange.

Edited by Francis Albert

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I'm sure we had thousands more on the waiting list under Vlad and a couple years later back to 12k-ish crowds against the smaller clubs.

The club needs to start on the seats that are never taken up because these folk always buy an ST but e.g. live away.

Next is hospitality.  Anyone a guest of a hospitality ticket should be asked well in advance if they are season ticket holder and what they intend to do with it to encourage it to get used or be put on TE, with club putting on TE.

I agree. But if we really had 3500 "real" potential additional ST buyers then that would be different. Brentford may well have currently.

4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

You are right. It is not a myth. 

As for robbing the club, the club sells your released seat at full adult price. As I argue in the other thread the rebate of half the adult price for a released concession is arguably over generous for concession STs but the club still makes a healthy profit by reselling the seat. As it does for all seats sold for a second time through the Exchange.

Purchasing a seat using concession status and not using it, is robbing the club.

16 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I'm sure we had thousands more on the waiting list under Vlad and then a couple years later back to 12k-ish crowds against the smaller clubs.

Next is hospitality.  Anyone a guest of a hospitality ticket holder should be asked well in advance if they are season ticket holder and what they intend to do with it to encourage it to get used or be put on TE, with club putting on TE.

Did this recently. Was lucky enough to be invited to Hospitality and fired both my tickets on. Then seen only 1 bought so really thought the other may struggle as not sold as a pair but went within the hour. 

Francis Albert
47 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Purchasing a seat using concession status and not using it, is robbing the club.

My seat is always on Exchange if Exchange is open and I am not using it . And the club sells it at full adult price.  When I see your user name on a thread the word  "bullshit" for some reason springs to mind. It is usually prescient.

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

My seat is always on Exchange if Exchange is open and I am not using it . And the club sells it at full adult price.  When I see your user name on a thread the word  "bullshit" for some reason springs to mind. It is usually prescient.

I shall remind you of that next time i see you.

1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

I agree, its a bit punitive. 

I think for the time being, the club should look at how aggressively it can market the ticket exchange positively. Maybe try and do an information gathering exercise on who isn't attending - is it a particular demographic, for example elderly supporters may not be interested in using a computer, and that could be a factor in their seat remaining empty instead of being resold. Focusing in on how the club can assist supporters with using the ticket exchange would be good. The club will have all our information in the system, and I wonder the benefits of issuing a physical newsletter to all fans listed on the system to advertise and stress the importance of using the ticket exchange? Maybe highlight the benefits you as an individual gain by opting to use it. 

I assume the club will have bags of data that they can use to make the ticket exchange more efficient. As you say, there will be seats never (or very rarely) taken up because fans live far away and perhaps only really want to attend the CAT A games, so perhaps a phone call to these fans or email to ask them if the club can amend the default position outwith specified games to be on the ticket exchange (with the caveat that it can be removed from the ticket exchange immediately whenever the fan opts to). Stuff like that. 

I'll keep saying it till I'm blue in the face though, the underlying problem here is capacity, and until that is sorted we're going to be tying ourselves in knots coming up with complicated solutions to a not very complicated problem. We need more seats and the club needs to be looking at how we address that. How many years are we going to maintain a waiting list before we act on it? I saw a thread on here of a supporter looking to try and get a season ticket for his young son, but because of the lack of seating there are issues getting several seats together. It wouldn't surprise me if some seats remain unsold because they are on their own and folk typically go to the games with friends/family. Its a great problem to have, but one that will need to be solved to continue our growth as a club. We don't want to be in a situation where we're jacking up ticket prices to unaffordable levels to combat the supply/demand issue. 

Pasquale for King

Its a great problem to have but Im not sure what more the club can do. When you buy your ST it’s yours to do as you please with it, when cup games come around folk get a bit annoyed when someone else sits in their seats so maybe don’t sell it on for league games. 

On 22/02/2023 at 22:37, TayJamTart said:

Is this match sold out already? ? 

Great support. 

4 March seems so far away.

Hope Robbie and the squad are making the most of this ' break".

He needs to sort out the midfield and start playing 4 at the back. We definitely need 3 in midfield Devlin, Snodgrass, Grant with McKay playing when the game needs him depending on the opponents . We have midfielders sitting games out with lack of form and injuries

Shankland, Humphrys and a speed merchant Ginnelly or Kuol or Oda with 2 on the bench.
The 2 centre backs on form Sibbick and Rowles. With Hill and Neilson as backups on the bench.
 The full backs being between RB Smith or Atkinson LB Kingsley or Cochrane.

We know coaching is one of Robbie Neilson weaknesses and leaves it to McCulloch & Forrest but you can tell it really lacks in too many ways. Overall I’d put down the coaching as poor and it shows up especially in places like Motherwell, Livingston twice, Aberdeen, and at Tynecastle we’ve lost 7 goals in 2 games against Rangers without scoring 1 goal. The other Tynecastle games at against Livi and the league cup against Killie were just abysmal for a home game. The time for excuses from Neilson is well and truly over if we fail to get 3rd he’ll have to be punted. Oh and winning the Scottish Cup would be nice though.  🤠

2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

He needs to sort out the midfield and start playing 4 at the back. We definitely need 3 in midfield Devlin, Snodgrass, Grant with McKay playing when the game needs him depending on the opponents . We have midfielders sitting games out with lack of form and injuries

Shankland, Humphrys and a speed merchant Ginnelly or Kuol or Oda with 2 on the bench.
The 2 centre backs on form Sibbick and Rowles. With Hill and Neilson as backups on the bench.

We know coaching is one of Robbie Neilson weaknesses and leaves it to McCulloch & Forrest but you can tell it really lacks in too many ways. Overall I’d put down the coaching as poor and it shows up especially in places like Motherwell, Livingston twice, Aberdeen, and at Tynecastle we’ve lost 7 goals in 2 games against Rangers without scoring 1 goal. The other Tynecastle games at against Livi and the league cup against Killie were just abysmal for a home game. The time for excuses from Neilson is well and truly over if we fail to get 3rd he’ll have to be punted. Oh and winning the Scottish Cup would be nice though.  🤠

We'll play 5 at the back like we normally do.

16 hours ago, mitch41 said:

I heard that Rowles has a broken toe so not sure that he will be able to play.

scott herbertson

Looking for three seats as close together as possible in the wheatfield and or Gorgie. I'm in the Wheatfield 'A' and my son and daughter and my daughter's boyfriend are coming through for the game as its my birthday. Happy to pay going rate and meet up before game or let me know i=f you are putting up 2 or 3 seats together by PM

Ricardo Quaresma
On 25/02/2023 at 11:16, OTT said:

I'll keep saying it till I'm blue in the face though, the underlying problem here is capacity, and until that is sorted we're going to be tying ourselves in knots coming up with complicated solutions to a not very complicated problem.

Maybe we can put this design onto the Wheatfield footprint, as there's nobody behind to object to the height of it?

290908-Hearts.gif

https://www.leisureopportunities.co.uk/news/Hearts-await-stadium-revamp-verdict/85593

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, durhamhearts said:

Just put 2xAdult tickets on together in Wheatfield A row 7 seats 1&2 

They're now gone ;) 

One of my mates was looking for 2 together so this was perfect, thanks :thumbsup:

LochcarronJambo

Motherwell game was such a disappointment….really hoping we turn up Saturday-looking forward to it as all the family making the trip

Jambo Buckets

St Johnstone have sold out the upper section already so should be a good atmosphere and attendance. Just Livingston and Ross County who haven't sold out the away end now. 

Luckies1874
36 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Looking forward to this and wondering what changes RN will make with so many options in all areas of the team. 

Availability dependent but I think he'll revert to largely the side that beat Hibs and Aberdeen at home in January which would mean Rowles and Ginnelly will return to the starting lineup. 

Clark, Sibbick, Cochrane, Smith, Devlin, Snodgrass, McKay, Shankland all start. The one decision I think he will have to make is Hill or Kingsley which alters the make up of the back 3. We'll see but he will know we need a win in this game and that to me, with RN, will mean he goes for the tried and trusted. 

Edited by Luckies1874

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Availability dependent but I think he'll revert to largely the side that beat Hibs and Aberdeen at home in January which would mean Rowles and Ginnelly will returning to the starting lineup. 

Clark, Sibbick, Cochrane, Smith, Devlin, Snodgrass, McKay, Shankland all start. The one decision I think he will have to make is Hill or Kingsley which alters the make up of the back 3. We'll see but he will know we need a win in this game and that to me, with RN, will mean he goes for the tried and trusted. 

Most likely, Halliday usually has a good game against them so he might sneak in somewhere. We wont know until KO what the actual formation is. 

Luckies1874
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Most likely, Halliday usually has a good game against them so he might sneak in somewhere. We wont know until KO what the actual formation is. 

Yep he is the one player I didn't list who started the league derby but there was no Hill or Kingsley available. 

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Yep he is the one player I didn't list who started the league derby but there was no Hill or Kingsley available. 

Looking forward to it 

I’d have:

Clark

Smith Sibbick Rowles Cochrane

Devlin Snodgrass

Gino Grant McKay

Shankland

Then for Wednesday night I’d put Kingsley in for McKay.

LochcarronJambo
1 hour ago, RDSK said:

I’d have:

Clark

Devlin Snodgrass

Gino Grant McKay

Shankland

Yes I think thats pretty much me….please Hearts start on the front foot & a press

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, RDSK said:

I’d have:

Clark

Devlin Snodgrass

Gino Grant McKay

Shankland

Looks good. 

12 minutes ago, LochcarronJambo said:

Yes I think thats pretty much me….please Hearts start on the front foot & a press

👍🏽👏🏾

• davemclaren changed the title to ***Heart Of Midlothian v St Johnstone Official Match Thread ***