• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Morgan

• ri Alban

Game is sold out?? Was hoping to move to the Roseburn and bring a mate along so we could sit together. Frustratingly I'll probably watch from my seat in the Wheatfield and look over at the main stand where there are plenty of empty seats.

Anyway hopefully we get a response and get a good win before the double header with Celtic.

Clark 

Sibbick  Rowles 

M.Smith                        Kingsley 

Kio Snodric                 

Kuol                              Grant 

Shankland

Gino

4-2 Hearts 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, JamboPete said:

CLARK

SMITH

SIBBICK

ROWLES

COCHRANE

SNODGRASS

DEVLIN

GINNELLY

GRANT

HUMPHRYS

SHANKLAND

Like the look of that team 👍🏽

Should win.

Long time to prepare though which isn't really a great thing going by what happened yesterday. 

Just cant be arsed with another 45 minute shiteshow. Has to be a consistent performance from the go with some urgency, commitment and speed. 

Passive just annoys everyone. 

Although McKay has been inconsistent, he showed how good he can be when deployed correctly as a left winger v Dundee United. If we are persisting with 3-4-3 then would like to see McKay LW, Shankland ST, Gino RW. 

Would prefer more of a 4-3-3, with Grant, Devlin and Snodgrass CMs (or give Kio a chance).

Decent recent record v St Johnstone (W2 of the last 3 home meetings, not having lost at home to them since 2019 and won the last two (having recently, finally won at McDermid).

Massive game and one I hope and expect to see a big reaction in. Our home record this season in the league, v non OF teams is nearly perfect with us only dropping points to Livi. 

Will be good to have Gino back. Missed him on Sunday and he loves a goal v St J.

0A3621B0-8B2B-4B5A-965E-2E2D45522A97.jpeg

11 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Clark 

Sibbick  Rowles 

Kio Snodric                 

Shankland

Gino

4-2 Hearts 

Nice selection

I’m not confident here. After the last game Hell No! Draw all over it. 0-0. Neilson will have us defend whole game. Shitorama. 💩

11 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Clark 

Sibbick  Rowles 

Kio Snodric                 

Shankland

Gino

4-2 Hearts 

Wouldn’t mind that although I’m not a big fan of Kio. But maybe Devlin Deschamp  needs a wee fright to buck up his consistency?……. A bit more midfield emphasis on selection and see if we can control the game and get the full backs pushed up.  

Would like to see something fresh similar to this and be working at it for the next two weeks. Kingsley hasn’t looked as assured playing CB and he isn’t naturally one anyway.  Let’s get back to basics for a bit. 

Let him fight out LB with Cochrane. 

Edited by Debut 4

MR INCREDIBLE
13 hours ago, JamboPete said:

CLARK

SMITH

SIBBICK

ROWLES

COCHRANE

SNODGRASS

DEVLIN

GINNELLY

GRANT

HUMPHRYS

SHANKLAND

Are you kidding !!

That would mean playing a left back at left back.

A right back at right back.

And worse still a centre forward at centre forward 🇱🇻🇱🇻

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

Wouldn’t mind that although I’m not a big fan of Kio. But maybe Devlin Deschamp  needs a wee fright to buck up his consistency?……. A bit more midfield emphasis on selection and see if we can control the game and get the full backs pushed up.  

Would like to see something fresh similar to this and be working at it for the next two weeks. Kingsley hasn’t looked as assured playing CB and he isn’t naturally one anyway.  Let’s get back to basics for a bit. 

Let him fight out LB with Cochrane. 

Devlin and McKay should be dropped imo. Kio and Grant deserve an opportunity. 

LochcarronJambo
10 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Devlin and McKay should be dropped imo. Kio and Grant deserve an opportunity. 

Difficult to drop Devlin, he was woeful on Sunday (not the only one) but he is capable … clear we need a proper midfield & perhaps we need to give Grant a full game , Kio doesnt appear to be good enough on evidence so far….McKay is a often a passenger & may be better presently on the bench as an impact sub & also a kick up the arse….I think we need to include Snodgrass Devlin & probably Grant as we are allowing teams to overrun us in midfield as we don’t have the numbers….. 

14 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

We all know it’s going to be;

Clark

Sibbick Rowles Kingsley

Smith Snoddy Cammy Cochrane

Mckay Shankland

Gino 

Certainty. 

Even their manager will know it.

Italian Lambretta

The only thing im looking forward to about this game is Hospitality in the Gorgie suite.

The season is getting to that dull stage again when the team is utter shite and I just cant wait for it to end.

LochcarronJambo
39 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

The only thing im looking forward to about this game is Hospitality in the Gorgie suite.

The season is getting to that dull stage again when the team is utter shite and I just cant wait for it to end.

I must admit to getting disappointed & upset when team doesn’t perform…..however, walked into Tynecastle 1000’s times & never once felt dull, whatever the game/opponent, stirs my blood & I am 64 & still feel the same way i did when i was a kid 

This guy gets it the day i walk in to tynie and feel down is the day i chuck football. after 53 years the feeling walking in never changes always have that buzz. To be fair hearts have occasionally killed that feeling during games but the ups and downs make watching hearts and football the game we all love. Gorgie rules ya bass.

19 minutes ago, LochcarronJambo said:

I must admit to getting disappointed & upset when team doesn’t perform…..however, walked into Tynecastle 1000’s times & never once felt dull, whatever the game/opponent, stirs my blood & I am 64 & still feel the same way i did when i was a kid 

Yip, time spent in/at Tynecastle is never wasted imo. 

Biggest game of the season this one. Slip up here and the chasing pack is well and truly in. 

McKay and Kingsley would be nowhere near my starting 11. Neither would a third centre back. Get an extra body in the middle, give them someone else to worry about in there besides Snodgrass. Shankland actually playing as a striker.

It’ll never catch on 🙄

Need to move up to the next level, must win game. Need to bin 3-4-3 and stick 5 players round Snoddy, leave Wee Blue boots on the bench and don't allow Shanks out of the oppositions penalty box. Job done.

The White Cockade

Has to be Shanks up top with Gino or Humps in a supporting role

play defenders in their correct positions and have a stronger midfield to support Snodgrass 

but as we know Robbie is stubborn and will likely play another strange formation 

whatever the team / formation it’s a must win game 

6 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Need to move up to the next level, must win game. Need to bin 3-4-3 and stick 5 players round Snoddy, leave Wee Blue boots on the bench and don't allow Shanks out of the oppositions penalty box. Job done.

So six midfielders including Snodgrass and 4 at the back ? Where is Shankland playing in that line up ?

For me Snodgrass and Mackay need a rest and we need try a back 4 again

4-3-3

Clark

Smith

Sibbick

Rowles

Cochrane

Devlin

Kio

Grant

Kuol

Shankland

Ginelly

10 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

For me Snodgrass and Mackay need a rest and we need try a back 4 again

4-3-3

Clark

Smith

Sibbick

Rowles

Cochrane

Devlin

Kio

Grant

Kuol

Shankland

Ginelly

This with Atkinson for Smith.

Clark

Smith

Sibbick

Rowles

Kingsley

Forrest

Devlin

Grant

Cochrane

Shankland

Humphrys

Play down the sides. Get crosses into the box for the front two.

Edited by No Idle Talk

33 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

So six midfielders including Snodgrass and 4 at the back ? Where is Shankland playing in that line up ?

No goalkeeper

11 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

This with Atkinson for Smith.

Please not Atkinson, there’s something amiss with him at the moment. His head just doesn’t seem in the game.

The Old Tolbooth

Please no 3 at the back, get it in the feckin bin!!! 

St Johnstone have a much better away record this season than a home one, should we be worried with the way we've been playing? 

9 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

St Johnstone have a much better away record this season than a home one, should we be worried with the way we've been playing? 

If we’re worried about this one. God knows how we’ll be feeling about the 6 games that come after it.

Defining stage of the season this next spell. Pull away in 3rd or get sucked in and end up blowing up after the split as usual, and a massive cup tie

Edited by JimmyCant

Clarke 

Atkinson.     Sibbick   Rowles.  Cochrane 

Devlin 

Grant.        Snodgrass 

Gino.                                        Kuol 

Shankland 

Would like us to try this, Devlin drops back to support the 2 CB’s when we’re in possession and really allows Atkinson and Cochrane to stay wide and get forward at every opportunity, tell Shankland to stay within the width of the box and get some decent crosses in for him, Gino and Kuol hug the touch line and go at the opposition full backs every time! 4-1 Hearts, piece of piss this Fitba management 😂

• davemclaren changed the title to ***Heart Of Midlothian v St Johnstone Official Match Thread - ticket exchange open***
The Old Tolbooth
36 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

If we’re worried about this one. God knows how we’ll be feeling about the 6 games that come after it.

Defining stage of the season this next spell. Pull away in 3rd or get sucked in and end up blowing up after the split as usual, and a massive cup tie

My confidence levels are very low, I can see us getting sucked in tbh

50 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Equally, we have a very strong home record, having won every home league game against non OF opposition, bar 1 (a late 1-1 draw with Livingston).

To keep it that way, we will need to, IMO, tweak the set up, personnel and be at it right from the word go. We tend to get a reaction from this group of players after a poor result. We need another one. Massive game especially given the following two league fixtures are away to Celtic and Aberdeen.

14 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

My confidence levels are very low, I can see us getting sucked in tbh

Same here. Sunday was our worst outing since the World Cup. Way worse than Rangers and that in itself was a horror show IMO. We really ought to have found an effective system for playing bottom six teams away by now.

Never mind. Banker home win at the weekend IMO and a Good show in the cup tie might make a difference 

Edited by JimmyCant

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Our home record (excluding the 3 games v the OF);

Hearts 2 Ross County 1

Hearts 4 Dundee United 1

Hearts 3 St Johnstone 2

Hearts 3 Motherwell 2

Hearts 1 Livingston 1

Hearts 3 Kilmarnock 1

Hearts 3 Hibs 0

Hearts 1 St Mirren 0

Hearts 5 Aberdeen 0

Hearts 3 Dundee United 1

P10  - W9, D1 

GF -  28 

GA - 9

This is a huge game. The management and the team will know it. We know it. I expect a reaction from this group of players. I wouldn’t be surprised see a tweak to the set up (We need more support for Snodgrass in the middle, so drop a defender and put in another MF).

pettigrewsstylist

Can see 4-3-3. Two weeks to refine any tweaks.

No excuse really to underperform really.

I expect a reaction. Bring it on!

On 19/02/2023 at 15:34, Masonic said:

Lookin forward to my kebab pie its been a while since our last home game 

Woman’s game on Sunday 

Ex member of the SaS

Whilst a win would appear to be a must, we simply MUST show an improvement. A more aggressive attacking attitude and move the ball quicker from back to front. Be wary of balls over the top to May. 

Have stated many times, can accept a loss ( we won't win every game ) but I will never take a lethargic effort from well paid players who on paper have much more quality than the opposition. 

Time for a lower wage structure with higher win bonuses. Make winning a more worthy proposition with effort and application rewarded.

Hi everyone, just letting you know my seat in Section G is up for grabs on our Ticket Exchange for St Johnstone home game on Sat March 4th, cheers, Cardiff Boy HHGH

• davemclaren changed the title to ***Heart Of Midlothian v St Johnstone Official Match Thread ***