Scottish Cup . Hearts v Celtic Saturday 11/3 12:15 ko - tickets on sale 22/2

Mr Sifter

Luckies1874
5 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

Neither, I went to a few away games last season so maybe got additional points for that?

Probably that mate. If you attended a few choice away games the points build quite quickly. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Luckies1874

• Wee Mikey

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Bazzas right boot

Luckies1874
4 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Slightly off-topic, but should members of FoH not get some loyalty points for that alone?

Presumably, a small number of members do not get to many matches.

Good question. 

One thing that should certainly happen is that if you are a FoH contributor you should be allowed to buy a ticket for tomorrow if you don’t have the requisite 10 loyalty points! Know several people who do at monthly who aren’t ST holders and only get to games when in Edinburgh/Scotland.

portobellojambo1
19 minutes ago, Percival King said:

It's a pity if genuine Hearts fans can't get a ticket, but games against Celtic are the most toxic and potentially explosive of the season, this one maybe more so given its importance so there is potential for a real problem if we have Celtic fans in amongst us, particularly the sort that don't see any reason to hide that. That is the sort of scenario that can put people of going to a future Hearts v Celtic game, particularly if they take children.

There are still thousands of seats available in the home sections, there is no Hearts section which has come close to selling out. I thought I read on here in the not too recent past that Hearts had a waiting list of 7,500 for ST's, is it reasonable to assume yhey all have something else they'll be doing tomorrow. Even those who aren't going tomorrow because they, rightly or wrongly, expect us to get humped should be there, the team needs support whoever the opposition is.

Wardiehearts

I’m at a loss as a friend went to buy another 2 tickets for me and he was told only one ticket per season ticket and got turned away , you would think that a season ticket holder would be allowed to buy more in the general sale 

3 hours ago, GBJambo said:

Can you get the ticket office to send it digitally? 
Then just save it your phone wallet? 

Done that, all sorted :thumbsup:

pettigrewsstylist
2 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

It is not difficult to do a little due diligence when considering providing someone with a reference number so that they can get a ticket. Whilst I agree with the clubs stance over ensuring none of the unwashed find it easy to get their hands on home end tickets there are ways they could be looking at account history, what games have been attended in previous years, other club expenditure (such as the mentioned Hearts Tv) etc to shift some extra tickets to those going into Tynecastle. 

Indeed. Seems a strange default position on administrating this. Maybe just not worth the effort for single cup game of course.

been here before
1 hour ago, Luckies1874 said:

If you are not a ST holder or a shareholder and only get to a handful of games each year the it's easy enough to have less than 10pts. Points drop off each season and you don't get the 20 at the start of each season. I know several massive Hearts fans (a couple of whom I've helped out for this) who have less than 10. 

The points drop off every 2 years.

Seems odd that "several massive Hearts fans" havent managed to muster 10 points in 2 years.

Any combination of 5ish home games a year, a couple of away games a year, 1 game at Aberdeen/Dingwall and there's the 5 points a year you'd need.

3 points for Motherwell, 2 for Hamilton, 2 for Livvy, 2 for Paisley, 2 for Dundee games. Piece of piss to get 10pts in 2 years for "massive fans"

Or are they massive inasmuch as they need 2 seats?

Edited by been here before

Looks like a few supporters need to make more of an effort getting tickets in future to accrue points for future games.

A good lesson there for everyone.

Luckies1874
18 minutes ago, been here before said:

Seems odd that "several massive Hearts fans" havent managed to muster 10 points in 2 years.

Any combination of 5ish home games a year, a couple of away games a year, 1 game at Aberdeen/Dingwall and there's the 5 points a year you'd need.

3 points for Motherwell, 2 for Hamilton, 2 for Livvy, 2 for Paisley, 2 for Dundee games. Piece of piss to get 10pts in 2 years for "massive fans"

If you live abroad and come home maybe twice a year (Christmas and for say a semi final v Hibs) and make it to two home matches or one home one away you get the grand total of 2 or 3 points!! Even if you spend the same as a ST holder (circa £400) on 2 hospitality tickets!!!  Plenty massive Heats fans don’t live in Edinburgh, Scotland or even the UK. 

Luckies1874
19 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Looks like a few supporters need to make more of an effort getting tickets in future to accrue points for future games.

A good lesson there for everyone.

Yep. Some have. Plenty of the empty ST seats we see on a weekly basis are purchased by people ensuring exactly that. They buy the ST because they can afford it knowing full well they’ll only be home for derby games or the occasional match and so they get the loyalty points to help with semi final / final and European tickets. Some put the seats on the Exchange, many don’t even bother. 

been here before
8 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

If you live abroad and come home maybe twice a year (Christmas and for say a semi final v Hibs) and make it to two home matches or one home one away you get the grand total of 2 or 3 points!! Even if you spend the same as a ST holder (circa £400) on 2 hospitality tickets!!!  Plenty massive Heats fans don’t live in Edinburgh, Scotland or even the UK. 

Ahhhh right...

Massive Hearts fans that dont actually go to games then.

Incidently the SF v Hibs was 2 points.

Sales tick along, although it's noticable that it's mainly individual seats that have been getting sold.

What's left;

Wheatfield 824 [so about 86% sold]

Main 810 [so about 87% sold assuming full hospitality]

Gorgie 385 [so about 88% sold assuming full hospitality]

I'm not sure if the club opened lower N at all, I wasn't paying attention early enough when tickets first went on sale to ST holders - maybe someone can confirm. If we've sold all of lower N, then we're probably heading towards 13,500 Hearts supporters in the ground. Assuming segregation brings the Roseburn down to around 3,250, that should give us a crowd of 16,750 or thereabouts.

The usual ifs, buts, maybes and caveats apply.

ArcticJambo
36 minutes ago, been here before said:

Mine dropped almost 40 pts at the start of this season, which annoyingly put me out of range of a few big games, just as I was nearing the qualification point. Anyway, good to know it's every 2yrs.

1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

There are still thousands of seats available in the home sections, there is no Hearts section which has come close to selling out. I thought I read on here in the not too recent past that Hearts had a waiting list of 7,500 for ST's, is it reasonable to assume yhey all have something else they'll be doing tomorrow. Even those who aren't going tomorrow because they, rightly or wrongly, expect us to get humped should be there, the team needs support whoever the opposition is.

To be fair, PR and Section X in the Gorgie are sold out, albeit PR only holds 225.

Also, there's not a huge amount of seats left in Q, R, Y, W & D.

Looks like we've sold around 14,000 which isn't bad historically.

Waiting list is around 3,500, I've never seen a figure of 7,500 anywhere. 

Edit Just noticed Jalbo's figure of 13,500 so I'm not going to argue with the chief dot counter.

Edited by Rudolf

been here before
5 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

Mine dropped almost 40 pts at the start of this season, which annoyingly put me out of range of a few big games, just as I was nearing the qualification point. Anyway, good to know it's every 2yrs.

As I recall the last cull of points saw a lot of people take a fair dunt in their points. 

Im sure this was because there had been no cull during the Covid seasons (s) so a lot of folk had points higher than they might ordinarily have had.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
24 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

True, most Heat fans live in Miami

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Sales tick along, although it's noticable that it's mainly individual seats that have been getting sold.

What's left;

I'm not sure if the club opened lower N at all, I wasn't paying attention early enough when tickets first went on sale to ST holders - maybe someone can confirm. If we've sold all of lower N, then we're probably heading towards 13,500 Hearts supporters in the ground. Assuming segregation brings the Roseburn down to around 3,250, that should give us a crowd of 16,750 or thereabouts.

Hospitality was sold, as usual, in minutes for Scottish Cup

ArcticJambo
1 minute ago, been here before said:

As I recall the last cull of points saw a lot of people take a fair dunt in their points. 

Im sure this was because there had been no cull during the Covid seasons (s) so a lot of folk had points higher than they might ordinarily have had.

Ahh, aye that was probably (a) the reason.

ArcticJambo
Just now, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Hospitality was sold, as usual, in minutes for Scottish Cup

Is the Gorgie Hosiptality going ahead as per? I mean, how will the moving of Lower X impact on that? Also, I'd have thought that the Disabled section on the concourse between Upper and Lower X will also be affected by anyone standing in Row 8 of lower section.

1 minute ago, ArcticJambo said:

Is the Gorgie Hosiptality going ahead as per? I mean, how will the moving of Lower X impact on that? Also, I'd have thought that the Disabled section on the concourse between Upper and Lower X will also be affected by anyone standing in Row 8 of lower section.

There's sufficient drop to the lower section for that not to be an issue.

ArcticJambo
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

There's sufficient drop to the lower section for that not to be an issue.

Doubt it for those on the concourse. I tested it for the lower two rows and I'm not sure they'll be able to see the goal line.

Luckies1874
27 minutes ago, been here before said:

Ahhhh right...

Massive Hearts fans that dont actually go to games then.

Incidently the SF v Hibs was 2 points.

Lol. There are Hearts fans who post on here every day who live abroad. Some who have lived for decades in Edinburgh or Scotland and now for one reason or another live in another country. Are you seriously trying to say they aren't massive Hearts fans?!!! I'm sure  @Geoff Kilpatrick for one would have something to say about that!!! 

been here before
Just now, Luckies1874 said:

Lol. There are Hearts fans who post on here every day who live abroad. Some who have lived for decades in Edinburgh or Scotland and now for one reason or another live in another country. Are you seriously trying to say they aren't massive Hearts fans?!!! I'm sure  @Geoff Kilpatrick for one would have something to say about that!!! 

Indeed there is but then they're not bleating about being "massive Hearts fans" but missing out in tickets because they dont go to games- well other than cup semis or cup quarter finals v Celtic.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, LewisR5-1 said:

Shankland a major doubt for tomorrow 

Tbh, v celtic I'd pack the midfield and go with 1 up front and that striker has be pacey, Shankland is great but if we are doing a version of a 451 and looking to counter quickly it's not his game.

Be great if he's available, but for me it's a easy work around.

Ofc if we start with Gino and He gets  injured  and there is no Boyce,  Shankland or Oda it becomes a bit shite.

Luckies1874
Just now, been here before said:

Indeed there is but then they're not bleating about being "massive Hearts fans" but missing out in tickets because they dont go to games- well other than cup semis or cup quarter finals v Celtic.

You should probably not jump in two footed unless you read the thread properly. No massive Hearts fan I know has missed out - I've sorted them all for tomorrow!  :pleasing:

been here before
1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

You should probably not jump in two footed unless you read the thread properly. No massive Hearts fan I know has missed out - I've sorted them all for tomorrow!  :pleasing:

Well done.

Im guessing these massive Hearts fans wont be in the hunt for tickets now until the final?

Luckies1874
2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Well done.

Im guessing these massive Hearts fans wont be in the hunt for tickets now until the final?

A couple of them might find the 15,000 mile round trip from Thailand a little tricky between now and then but I'll hook them up if necessary. 

29 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

Doubt it for those on the concourse. I tested it for the lower two rows and I'm not sure they'll be able to see the goal line.

Well when I used to sit there accompanying a disabled friend it wasn't an issue.

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, JALBO said:

What's left;

There are a number of league games where the stands are only about 90 percent full anyway due to a number of ST holders not putting their seats into the exchange. With a few hours left to get a ticket we could get to close to normal numbers in the seats!

Edited by All roads lead to Gorgie

1 hour ago, JALBO said:

What's left;

Don't think Lower N was put on sale

been here before
3 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

A couple of them might find the 15,000 mile round trip from Thailand a little tricky between now and then but I'll hook them up if necessary. 

Im not sure you need to fly 15 000 miles to buy a ticket for Motherwell (3pts) on etickets.

Luckies1874
1 minute ago, been here before said:

Im not sure you need to fly 15 000 miles to buy a ticket for Motherwell (3pts) on etickets.

Oh so point harvesting and not attending is AOK with you. Got it!  :rofl::vrface:

been here before
3 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Oh so point harvesting and not attending is AOK with you. Got it!  :rofl::vrface:

When was the last time we sold out Motherwell? :rofl: 

And whose harvesting the points for the tickets you've "sorted" for the "massive fans"

:facepalm:

Edited by been here before

53 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

And they are all coming home to Edinburgh for the weekend 😁

No shanks will be a bummer unless its Robbies mind games. Could be one of these games no matter who we put out wont go our way.

League placing imortant though as much as I want a shot at cup.

17 hours ago, postage-stamp said:

Now we see why it hasn't sold out.  Would like 2 tickets and have no loyalty points.  2 empty seats then ..pub for me

There must surely be a sensible compromise. But, how come you have zero loyalty points? You'll not be unique, but the LPs roll over every two years. Not dissing you but I'm intrigued.

Luckies1874
4 minutes ago, been here before said:

When was the last time we sold out Motherwell? :rofl: 

And whose harvesting the points for the tickets you've "sorted" for the "massive fans"

:facepalm:

:rofl: What are you wittering on about. The people who I provided reference numbers for are in Edinburgh on holiday, lifelong Hearts fans who live in Thailand. The reference numbers used are those of Hearts season ticket holders with over 80 loyalty points who are not in the country this weekend. You are suggesting people who live abroad harvest points for Motherwell away because "when was the last time we sold out", a game they can't attend, ie cheating the system. Your arguments are utterly ridiculous. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

No shanks will be a bummer unless its Robbies mind games. Could be one of these games no matter who we put out wont go our way.

League placing imortant though as much as I want a shot at cup.

Winning the cup guarantees group stage European football , give me us winning the cup and finishing 5th in the league right now

been here before
1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

:rofl: What are you wittering on about. The people who I provided reference numbers for are in Edinburgh on holiday, lifelong Hearts fans who live in Thailand. The reference numbers used are those of Hearts season ticket holders with over 80 loyalty points who are not in the country this weekend. You are suggesting people who live abroad harvest points for Motherwell away because "when was the last time we sold out", a game they can't attend, ie cheating the system. Your arguments are utterly ridiculous. 

So you've arranged for folk to get points for games they arent going to.

But you frown on harvesting :facepalm:

On 09/03/2023 at 14:53, Luckies1874 said:

Highly unlikely to see many Hearts fans with say over 50 loyalty points purposefully buying many tickets for Celtic fans.

True. Also, it's very likely that folks on the ST waiting list who have not been able to garner LPs due to the sell-out scenario will be personally known to ST holders who simply can't make the game for the usual reasons.

Something that needs tweaking as it seems to me that we're turning away business and stymying football tourists and future ST holders alike.

HeartsandonlyHearts
49 minutes ago, Percival King said:

It's a pity if genuine Hearts fans can't get a ticket, but games against Celtic are the most toxic and potentially explosive of the season, this one maybe more so given its importance so there is potential for a real problem if we have Celtic fans in amongst us, particularly the sort that don't see any reason to hide that. That is the sort of scenario that can put people of going to a future Hearts v Celtic game, particularly if they take children.

Celtic fans in among Hearts fans and not hiding it sounds like a police issue. So in other words not an issue. Half the problems  stem from the police not doing their job. And Hearts security not being allowed to do much more than tell you to sit down. It’s a joke what both @$$ cheeks get away with week in and out.

Luckies1874
4 minutes ago, been here before said:

So you've arranged for folk to get points for games they arent going to.

But you frown on harvesting :facepalm:

:rofl:

1 loyalty point for people who have over 80 already so lifelong Hearts fans can actually attend the game and give Hearts money. Very different from a fan 7500 miles away spending £25 on an away ticket to gain 3 loyalty points and then watch on Hearts TV! 

7 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Is there still empty seats and peeps looking? Surely let FOH members with zip LPs have a ticket at this point.

Good call. There must be more than a few FOH contributors who usually cannae make games for whatever reason but who would like to attend a home 🏆 tie.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, ArcticJambo said:

Believe so, no tickets in that area available, deals for SC ties are usually relatively cheap and get hoovered right away

6 hours ago, Jingle Bells said:

Is English your second language?

That ☝️ is unnecessary, and a wee bit out of order. @Sooks posts generally sound and rational thoughts, often complex ideas written eloquently with superb use of vocabulary and imagery. Dinnae have to agree with him every time mind you, but nae need for casting aspersions as to his grasp of English.

pettigrewsstylist

Suggesting we dare not come up with a solution which enables more jambos/neutrals to attend this game, despite thousands of unsold seats,  in case someone with a weegie accent sits next to them.

Comedy gold.  Both can be managed. 

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

4 hours ago, luckydug said:

I thought the cull of LPs was every TWO years. 

I'm also suspicious why so many are suddenly anxious to attend this game in particular. 

I wouldn't be giving access to tickets to a random. 

Different story if you know for certain they are a Jambo though. 

The cull is a rolling 2 years.