Scottish Cup . Hearts v Celtic Saturday 11/3 12:15 ko - tickets on sale 22/2

Mr Sifter

Sick of reading about the ticket sales for Saturday, folk have plenty reasons for not going doesn't make them any less of a fan. I can't make Saturday but I'm going tonight, would loved to have went but I have no babysitter for my youngest so need to make do with the TV. Had it been a late kick off or Sunday then I would have been there. I think the Hearts fans have been fantastic all season with selling out games and taking big numbers away from home, going week in week out and forking out cash is a big ask for a lot of people. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Luckies1874

• Wee Mikey

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Bazzas right boot

Scott Leitch
39 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Can’t say I agree with that. People front up a lot of cash at the start of the season for a ST. Over £500 in some instances. Some will use a payment plan or stick it on a credit card and spend the year paying it off.

Then you add in the cost of living crisis. It’s not so much people can’t afford £30, it’s that they’re having to think about any unplanned purchase now. Their direct debits for energy, phone, TV, internet, council tax, mortgage etc are all going up. (Maybe other things like loans, car payments, fuel costs etc) Even a weekly shop or takeaway has gone up in price. But what hasn’t gone up in line with inflation is their wages.

So folk who might’ve stumped up the cash for the game are thinking harder about it now. Same with going to the cinema, to see a gig or a show etc. A lot of fear about prices going up and up and although they might be able to afford things now, next month they might be able to afford less. Have to remember that people have priorities that don’t just include the club. It’s hard to justify spending more money to see us play to their spouse or kids when they’ve already spent hundreds on a ST as well as possibly things like hospitality, away games or even European trips already.

Me? I’m not going as I’ll be cutting it too fine to make the kick off as already have set in stone plans for the morning. But I’m not going to have a go at anyone not willing to stump up cash in this climate. Especially for a game we’re likely to get humped in. Maybe if we get a decent result tonight we’ll see some more purchased, who knows?

If it's Hibs we are playing it's sold out. 

Luckies1874
Just now, Scott Leitch said:

If it's Hibs we are playing then people prioritise going over other things, might do without something else to be there because its a derby and given our record a game we are far more likely to win. Celtic at £30 a ticket for a lunchtime kick off  is a game not everyone prioritises over another Saturday morning commitment or simply thinks **** paying 30 or 60 or 90 or 120 to take the family to a match we could easily have lost within half an hour, listening to 3000 of them singing their party songs when I can get it on the tele. A lot of fans who travel to watch Hearts from down south and even abroad would have made a weekend in Edinburgh of a derby which they won't do for a Celtic game. There are a significant number of Hearts fans who have ST these days for that very reason, so they can attend when they are home at Christmas / New Year etc it's why we see so many tickets on the exchange and empty seats at most home matches. 

Cameronstheman
5 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Yep and i dont think anyone would disagree with that, but it Celtic we are playing and some have decided they aint going for a multitude of reasons

I'll be going but dont hold anything agaist those that aint 

Tayside Jambo

I have enough LP, but it isn’t letting me buy a ticket, gremlin in the system. I don’t have a ST and wasn’t sure if I could make it until this morning. All a bit odd. 

Scott Leitch
18 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

If it's Hibs we are playing then people prioritise going over other things, might do without something else to be there because its a derby and given our record a game we are far more likely to win. Celtic at £30 a ticket for a lunchtime kick off  is a game not everyone prioritises over another Saturday morning commitment or simply thinks **** paying 30 or 60 or 90 or 120 to take the family to a match we could easily have lost within half an hour, listening to 3000 of them singing their party songs when I can get it on the tele. A lot of fans who travel to watch Hearts from down south and even abroad would have made a weekend in Edinburgh of a derby which they won't do for a Celtic game. There are a significant number of Hearts fans who have ST these days for that very reason, so they can attend when they are home at Christmas / New Year etc it's why we see so many tickets on the exchange and empty seats at most home matches. 

Fair enough. Pretty pathetic for me though. 

BackOfTheNet
15 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Fair enough. Pretty pathetic for me though. 

Pathetic is a strong term. I already have plans so can’t make it, nothing to do with finances, am I pathetic? Are people who live from pay day to pay day pathetic? Even the ones who are already paying off a ST they bought earlier in the season?

If it was a league game it would be sell out. It’s not because of the extra cost of a ticket this game has. So if finances are the main reason for people not attending, very strong assertion to label folk pathetic.

Scott Leitch
4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Pathetic is a strong term. I already have plans so can’t make it, nothing to do with finances, am I pathetic? Are people who live from pay day to pay day pathetic? Even the ones who are already paying off a ST they bought earlier in the season?

If it was a league game it would be sell out. It’s not because of the extra cost of a ticket this game has. So if finances are the main reason for people not attending, very strong assertion to label folk pathetic.

As I said. If it's a cup quarter against Hibs it sells out. 

9 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

This thread is going round in circles.

People have already pointed out the reasons why this game has not sold out but a quarter final against Hibs would. Like it or not, that is the facts.

12 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Good post. Can't understand why some would criticize fellow Jambo's for not attending given the uncertain financial climate you correctly point out.

I'm sure there will be other reasons some won't attend, listening to the utter bile that comes out that rancid mobs mouths is enough to put many off.

BackOfTheNet
16 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

And? If it’s a cup quarter final against St. Johnstone it doesn’t sell out I bet. I’m not sure what point you think you’re making by repeating that.

Cameronstheman
4 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

This thread is going round in circles.

People have already pointed out the reasons why this game has not sold out but a quarter final against Hibs would. Like it or not, that is the facts.

So what 

What tickets are left?   We will sell more by saturday of that im sure.....Not everyone can afford extra games.....But hopefully its a near or if not a sell out com 12.15

Luckies1874
2 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

What tickets are left?   We will sell more by saturday of that im sure.....Not everyone can afford extra games.....But hopefully its a near or if not a sell out com 12.15

There are over 700 in the Wheatfield according to the TO and at least the same again, probably more in the Main. Probably a couple thousand+ available, all in all. So maybe a crowd of 16,000 ish which is way more than the most recent fixtures of this kind. 

Cameronstheman

Was asked at work if Hearts could have one win out the two  games what would I take. Must admit I wasn’t sure but  after hesitation opted for the night though any win would do

Luckies1874
29 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

Was asked at work if Hearts could have one win out the two  games what would I take. Must admit I wasn’t sure but  after hesitation opted for the night though any win would do

I would think a huge % of Hearts fans would prefer Saturday to tonight not least because there will only be 500 there tonight and 13000 (or thereabouts) of us there on Saturday. We will still be 3rd regardless of losing tonight but go out the Cup and any chance of Hampden and then possible silverware has gone. Getting through on Saturday would be worth hundreds of thousands to the club as even if we then get the worse draw and Rangers in the semi, it's a guaranteed full house. And if we get lucky with the draw we'd be semi favourites (possibly big favourites) before meeting them in the Final so 2 significant revenues. Saturday is by far and away the game to win out of the 2 matches. 

Edited by Luckies1874

1 hour ago, Cameronstheman said:

So what 

So........ stop having a moan at the game not selling out. Its getting boring.

The reasons it has not sold out have been highlighted many times on this thread.

Edited by Lambo85

2 hours ago, Scott Leitch said:

Very true. I'm going on Saturday because I only have myself to think about now. 20/30 years ago when my kids were wee we wouldn't be going. I may have been able to come up with the cash but it's also about priorities and value for money so spending that amount of money to very probably see Celtic winning wouldn't be worth it. I could get far better value for that money spending it on other things. Playing Hibs and we would be there as you say because it's better value for money. There will be a million and one reasons why people aren't going. It's not as simple as some make out.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

So........ stop having a moan at the game not selling out. Its getting boring.

The reasons it has not sold out have been highlighted many times on this thread.

Nah, well worth having a pop at shitting the bed

Pasquale for King

Really thought we would shift more tbh, maybe a decent performance tonight will help. 
Cant really criticise anyone who doesn’t want to go though for all the reasons detailed on here, certainly didn't miss either ugly when we were in different leagues.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Really thought this would be a sell out by now but I'm not going to criticise our Supporters for 15 million  reasons. 

1 hour ago, Luckies1874 said:

I would think a huge % of Hearts fans would prefer Saturday to tonight not least because there will only be 500 there tonight and 13000 (or thereabouts) of us there on Saturday. We will still be 3rd regardless of losing tonight but go out the Cup and any chance of Hampden and then possible silverware has gone. Getting through on Saturday would be worth hundreds of thousands to the club as even if we then get the worse draw and Rangers in the semi, it's a guaranteed full house. And if we get lucky with the draw we'd be semi favourites (possibly big favourites) before meeting them in the Final so 2 significant revenues. Saturday is by far and away the game to win out of the 2 matches. 

Definitely 

1 hour ago, Luckies1874 said:

Spot on.

Scott Leitch
3 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

And? If it’s a cup quarter final against St. Johnstone it doesn’t sell out I bet. I’m not sure what point you think you’re making by repeating that.

Making the point that it's excuses for a lot of people. Piss poor ticket sales so far. Hopefully it will pick up after we horse that lot tonight!

23 hours ago, Cameronstheman said:

The obsession  by some re saturdays attendance  is mental

Be a great crowd at the game Re, just hope we turn up 

Agreed.

The dot counting is brilliant and I always tune in to it before games to see how it's looking. However, folk going on about "finding the physchology interesting" about how it would sell out against Hibs but not Celtic is mind blowing :rofl:

An Edinburgh derby or a game against a team we barely beat a handful of times since the turn of the millenium. Aye it's an interesting one right enough. 

Still a good crowd going and hopefully like you say we do turn up and have a go.

3 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Heart - Saturday. Big home crowd (not big enough for some). Excitement of Hampden. 
Head- we have not secured third and Europe. A win tonight would take us a lot closer. Worth millions to us. 
Would take both tho!!!!! 

N Lincs Jambo
On 07/03/2023 at 18:15, No Idle Talk said:

Clancy and Collum. 🤣 Literally the worst pairing you could choose for a match against Celtic.

I would say it's unbelievable but it totally isn't.

Living down south I was speaking the other day to my business partner who is a (very part-time) Liverpool fan. I predicted to him on Monday that the ref would either be Collum or Clancy because of their known or suspected affiliations to Celtic. He didn't believe me. Just sent him a text showing Clancy as ref Collum as VAR official. Can't imagine such a situation ever happening down here.

4 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

There are over 700 in the Wheatfield according to the TO and at least the same again, probably more in the Main. Probably a couple thousand+ available, all in all. So maybe a crowd of 16,000 ish which is way more than the most recent fixtures of this kind. 

that’s not bad tbf. I think some may be struggling financially which is totally understandable. Also KO time may affect family commitments .  I have gripe with those that can afford it but choose not to go for the obvious reason. 

I was lucky to get a ticket in the covid crowd v them which was 5,000 or so. We made a great atmosphere and won.  It’s not always about sell outs

38 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Let's get this sold out. We can beat those *****

I think we’re doing this. Celtic will quite rightly be favourites but we have a decent chance. 

Doctor FinnBarr

Got my ticket, wife is giving it a miss due to helping daughter with wedding stuff. Date of wedding, 3/6/23, doh!

2 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Got my ticket, wife is giving it a miss due to helping daughter with wedding stuff. Date of wedding, 3/6/23, doh!

sorry i can't make the wedding bud ,i'll  be at Hampden :flag1:

Doctor FinnBarr
Just now, cookieboy said:

sorry i can't make the wedding bud ,i'll  be at Hampden :flag1:

Only child, can you imagine the stooshie?

Its actually my fault, told her not to get married in May "just incase" without checking the bloody final date. Doh again.

Fozzyonthefence
4 hours ago, Sid said:

Heart - Saturday. Big home crowd (not big enough for some). Excitement of Hampden. 
Head- we have not secured third and Europe. A win tonight would take us a lot closer. Worth millions to us. 
Would take both tho!!!!! 

Third doesn’t guarantee Euro group stages, winning the cup does.  Plus it’s the only thing we could win with the League cup already gone.  Losing tonight wasn’t going to affect our chances of finishing third.  So the cup game is and always was much more important.

On 06/03/2023 at 11:11, Jingle Bells said:

With there being a 3.5k ST Waiting List I haven't bought a ticket to give others a chance to go to a Hearts game. Same for  the Roseburn ST Holders who rarely get to see a big game.

I guess we will find out shortly, when tickets  go on general sale, whether or not the Waiting List is a load of old bollox.  

You think the club has made up the fact that people tried to buy season tickets and were put on a waiting list instead ? And you think how many tickets we sell for a game against Celtic will back up your bat shit theory 

The Treasurer
12 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

I was lucky to get a ticket in the covid crowd v them which was 5,000 or so. We made a great atmosphere and won.  It’s not always about sell outs

One of the best atmospheres at Tynecastle in years.

Of course it did help that there wasn't any of that scum in the ground spouting their sectarian pish

Apologies if similar ground has been covered…

I bought tickets online on 27 Feb and took option to have them sent by Royal Mail. I’ve not received them yet. Anyone in a similar position?

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Peebo said:

Apologies if similar ground has been covered…

I bought tickets online on 27 Feb and took option to have them sent by Royal Mail. I’ve not received them yet. Anyone in a similar position?

If possible get to the TO as I’m sure they’ll replace them.

Pasquale for King

Was considering buying the PPV last night and obviously didn’t want to give them any money, then realised I was giving them about the same amount for Saturday. Yet another reason some wont buy tickets for the cup game.

The White Cockade
17 hours ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Living down south I was speaking the other day to my business partner who is a (very part-time) Liverpool fan. I predicted to him on Monday that the ref would either be Collum or Clancy because of their known or suspected affiliations to Celtic. He didn't believe me. Just sent him a text showing Clancy as ref Collum as VAR official. Can't imagine such a situation ever happening down here.

it's weird but used to dread Collum reffing us but I think over the years he has been ok and don't worry about him now

Clancy is the opposite

First season or two thought he was decent but now is one you definitely don't want against the bigot brothers

N Lincs Jambo
48 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

it's weird but used to dread Collum reffing us but I think over the years he has been ok and don't worry about him now

Clancy is the opposite

First season or two thought he was decent but now is one you definitely don't want against the bigot brothers

I agree Collum is not as bad as he used to be. He still couldn't wait to point to the spot in the 2019 final though. As an aside, I also checked who has got the Rangers game on Sunday - Beaton surprise surprise! 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Was considering buying the PPV last night and obviously didn’t want to give them any money, then realised I was giving them about the same amount for Saturday. Yet another reason some wont buy tickets for the cup game.

Folk won’t go because Celtic get some of the ticket money? Bizarre if true 

Bungalow Bill

I wanted to buy 3 tickets for family from Australia. Need to wait until the public sale now. 

We_are_the_Hearts
11 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Some of the excuses have been mental for this one. If we were top of the League and Celtic were struggling it would have sold out weeks ago and folk would have rearranged stuff. Fans think we will get beat and that is the reason. 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, karipidis said:

I’m just saying hypothetically, theres folk that said they wouldn’t go to Hampden for the same reason. 
Would rather not have to contribute to their coffers either really. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Bungalow Bill said:

I wanted to buy 3 tickets for family from Australia. Need to wait until the public sale now. 

Public sale started last Saturday, need 10 LPs apparently. 

Luckies1874
2 minutes ago, Bungalow Bill said:

There is no public sale, this is it! 10pts or more required. Can give you reference numbers for people not going (they live abroad before anyone starts moaning that they shouldn't be getting ONE loyalty point of they can't be arsed!) if you want. Just PM me.

Sales are moving ever so slightly now. Out of the 3 stands, the Wheatfield will be the one with the most empty seats.

Bungalow Bill
38 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Public sale started last Saturday, need 10 LPs apparently. 

37 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

There is no public sale, this is it! 10pts or more required. Can give you reference numbers for people not going (they live abroad before anyone starts moaning that they shouldn't be getting ONE loyalty point of they can't be arsed!) if you want. Just PM me.

Ah ok, snookered then. I was hoping to just buy them on my account. I don’t want to buy tickets for someone else to get the LPs.