Scottish Cup . Hearts v Celtic Saturday 11/3 12:15 ko - tickets on sale 22/2

Mr Sifter

Pasquale for King
Just now, Bungalow Bill said:

Ah ok, snookered then. I was hoping to just buy them on my account. I don’t want to buy tickets for someone else to get the LPs. 

Seems a bit strange that we cant buy more than one ticket with there being hundreds left. Folk buying them for fans of the uglies doesn’t help that i suppose. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Luckies1874

• Wee Mikey

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Bazzas right boot

Tayside Jambo

I don't get to many games, and had a low LP count, that's the way it goes. Got a ticket for Aberdeen as I am off the next two Saturdays, in doing so gets me above 10LP. Couldn't get a cup ticket despite the LP number being above 10. Emailed the ticket office and because the Celtic game is before the Aberdeen one the LP's don't count yet so therefore don't have enough for a ticket. 

I get the point and accept that I don't have enough LPs by the parameters set out by the club, and understand why they are not going on a full general sale, but I imagine there will have been others in similar boats who can only get to the odd game, might have been just below but with other games coming up get get enough to pick up a ticket. 

Annoying when you can see you have a number bigger than required but can't make use of them 😢

Don't know if this has been mentioned, the reason hearts are doing 10lp for this fixture and one per season ticket is because of the infiltration of old firm fans in our home end causing bother in previous games. Hearts fans allowing them to purchase tickets on their accounts. It's no surprise they've tried to combat this with this method of sale. 

Edited by LewisR5-1

Luckies1874
1 minute ago, LewisR5-1 said:

Don't know if this has been mentioned, the reason hearts are doing 10lp for this fixture and one per season ticket is because of the infiltration of old firm fans in our home end causing bother in previous games. Hearts fans allowing them to purchase tickets on their accounts. It's no surprise they've tried to combat this with this method of sale. 

Highly unlikely to see many Hearts fans with say over 50 loyalty points purposefully buying many tickets for Celtic fans.

44 minutes ago, Bungalow Bill said:

Ah ok, snookered then. I was hoping to just buy them on my account. I don’t want to buy tickets for someone else to get the LPs. 

seems a bit of a hardline approach to stop people going to see a game - when they here from Australia!? It’s not as if they will get to see HMFC very often!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
39 minutes ago, Tayside Jambo said:

I don't get to many games, and had a low LP count, that's the way it goes. Got a ticket for Aberdeen as I am off the next two Saturdays, in doing so gets me above 10LP. Couldn't get a cup ticket despite the LP number being above 10. Emailed the ticket office and because the Celtic game is before the Aberdeen one the LP's don't count yet so therefore don't have enough for a ticket. 

I get the point and accept that I don't have enough LPs by the parameters set out by the club, and understand why they are not going on a full general sale, but I imagine there will have been others in similar boats who can only get to the odd game, might have been just below but with other games coming up get get enough to pick up a ticket. 

Annoying when you can see you have a number bigger than required but can't make use of them 😢

I think you should try them again, surely a common sense approach could be taken, maybe ask for the manager, a more junior member of staff maybe be afraid to break rules

Tayside Jambo
8 minutes ago, LewisR5-1 said:

I get the reason to combat it and would appear to be working.

6 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Highly unlikely to see many Hearts fans with say over 50 loyalty points purposefully buying many tickets for Celtic fans.

Why people over 50 LPs? Are those under 50 all known to sympathise with the OF and want to give them tickets? Surely any Hearts fans wouldn't purposefully by tickets for any other fans? Sadly though it does happen.

Luckies1874
2 minutes ago, Tayside Jambo said:

I get the reason to combat it and would appear to be working.

Why people over 50 LPs? Are those under 50 all known to sympathise with the OF and want to give them tickets? Surely any Hearts fans wouldn't purposefully by tickets for any other fans? Sadly though it does happen.

:rofl: :vrface:  I was merely making an example. JFC you can't say anything on here sometimes. I would think Hearts fans with over 20 loyalty points would be more likely to not sell to Old Firm fans than someone with 3 loyalty points if that makes you feel better! 

Tayside Jambo
Just now, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

I think you should try them again, surely a common sense approach could be taken, maybe ask for the manager, a more junior member of staff maybe be afraid to break rules

I'm leaving it for today, as they never replied to the last email.

I get they have a security measure and need to follow protocol but as you say a bit of common sense perhaps, especailly since they can see full history of purchases etc for the past however many years I've had an account (10+ I would think.)

Devils advocate though, if they do it for one, what's to stop them doing it for others?

Tayside Jambo
Just now, Luckies1874 said:

:rofl: :vrface:  I was merely making an example. JFC you can't say anything on here sometimes. I would think Hearts fans with over 20 loyalty points would be more likely to not sell to Old Firm fans than someone with 3 loyalty points if that makes you feel better! 

Made my day! Those with 20 and above are the problem 🤣 

Luckies1874
3 minutes ago, Tayside Jambo said:

Made my day! Those with 20 and above are the problem 🤣 

Think you need to read my post again. Easy to get you riled eh, ffs some people will argue about anything. 

Luckies1874
19 minutes ago, sprinbox98 said:

seems a bit of a hardline approach to stop people going to see a game - when they here from Australia!? It’s not as if they will get to see HMFC very often!

The people I was offering the references numbers for live abroad - they have more than 10 but less than 25 loyalty points so the 1 loyalty point they will get from that game won't make the slightest difference to their ability to get tickets for games. When they return to Scotland for a big game they invariably have to buy hospitality tickets such as for the New Year derby. Seems extremely OTT stance if it's the only way to get tickets for the match. 

13 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

The people I was offering the references numbers for live abroad - they have more than 10 but less than 25 loyalty points so the 1 loyalty point they will get from that game won't make the slightest difference to their ability to get tickets for games. When they return to Scotland for a big game they invariably have to buy hospitality tickets such as for the New Year derby. Seems extremely OTT stance if it's the only way to get tickets for the match. 

So Bungalow Bill doesn’t want you to get tickets for his mates because 3 randoms  that live abroad will get 1 loyalty point each and he won’t get any? 

Some mate that🤣

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, Tayside Jambo said:

Have your new LPs been awarded on E-Tickets? If so, they'll sort it tomorrow if you call the TO

Just because it usually takes almost 24 hours for LPs to be added

Tayside Jambo
2 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Have your new LPs been awarded on E-Tickets? If so, they'll sort it tomorrow if you call the TO

Just because it usually takes almost 24 hours for LPs to be added

Aye it has been 24+ hrs. Will give a call tomorrow. Ultimately they have a procedure in for security and makes sense.

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, Tayside Jambo said:

Aye it has been 24+ hrs. Will give a call tomorrow. Ultimately they have a procedure in for security and makes sense.

👍

Bungalow Bill
1 hour ago, sprinbox98 said:

Ach I can understand it. They aren’t massive football fans anyway. They might have ended up cheering for Ang by mistake and not understating the segregation. One less thing to worry about!

3 hours ago, karipidis said:

Folk won’t go because Celtic get some of the ticket money? Bizarre if true 

Indeed, and one of many reasons why scottish football is starved of cash. 

Cameronstheman
18 minutes ago, postage-stamp said:

Tynecastle arms best for atmosphere?

Anything but, same with Diggers

Bensons can be fun  

16 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

Anything but, same with Diggers

Bensons can be fun  

Bensons at capacity already they done a wristband system- opens at 9am

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, LewisR5-1 said:

When that happens whoever bought the tickets should be punished somehow, someone was trying to get me to buy 6 for Rangers fans last season and thought I was joking when I responded. Another ST holder bought them, and obviously got LPs for them. 

Cameronstheman
12 minutes ago, LewisR5-1 said:

Bensons at capacity already they done a wristband system- opens at 9am

Murryfield Sports Bars no bad/Luckies 

Bensons will be bouncing 

colinmaroon
5 hours ago, karipidis said:

That stinks of the ministry of Fake News Fester Road Branch, broadcast on here by the 5th Column. 

5 hours ago, karipidis said:

Can’t see that.

folk won’t go because they are scared of a doin/or feed up of continually watching doin’s

3 hours ago, Rudolf said:

So Bungalow Bill doesn’t want you to get tickets for his mates because 3 randoms  that live abroad will get 1 loyalty point each and he won’t get any? 

Some mate that🤣

😂

periodictabledancer
5 hours ago, LewisR5-1 said:

Has the club ever issued a warning to would-be purchasers about this ? 

2 hours ago, postage-stamp said:

Tynecastle arms best for atmosphere?

Started doing plastic pint glasses on big match days- rubbish

postage-stamp
1 minute ago, bigdav said:

Started doing plastic pint glasses on big match days- rubbish

I was there for cup game v hibs and wasn't plastic.  Was allowed bottles too

Different Class
3 minutes ago, fila said:

Ridiculous this has not sold out 

Zzzzzz......

Quarter final 2012 vs St Mirren: 8,859

Quarter final 2019 vs Partick: 10,351

Quarter final 2022 vs St Mirren: 13,899

1 minute ago, Different Class said:

Zzzzzz......

Not disputing any previous crowd attendances , and that’s a poor justification of not selling out this one . IMO we should still be selling out 

Zzzzzzzzzzz…….., 

Luckies1874
7 minutes ago, Different Class said:

Zzzzzz......

Even more relevant, over the last 20 years our home cup games against the Old Firm have seen crowds of…

Celtic (lost 0-3) 15,372 in 2003-04 SC

Celtic (lost 0-7) 10,636 in 2013-14 SC

Celtic (lost 0-4) 12,676 in 2014-15 SC 

Celtic (lost 1-2) 11,958 in 2015-16 LC 

Rangers (won 1-0) 11,428 in 2019-20 SC

Saturday will surpass them all and 4 of them comfortably.

yvonnejambo
7 hours ago, Tayside Jambo said:

I have sent you a PM 

heartsfc_fan
3 minutes ago, postage-stamp said:

The hearts site is asking me to log in. Are walk up tickets available for this game??

You need 10 loyalty points. No walk ups given its Celtic and we're (quite rightly) making it difficult for home end tickets to fall into Celtic fans hands.

postage-stamp
1 minute ago, heartsfc_fan said:

You need 10 loyalty points. No walk ups given its Celtic and we're (quite rightly) making it difficult for home end tickets to fall into Celtic fans hands.

Ok. But I could walk into the ticket office and buy some on Friday?  I'll wear my hearts strip lol

Luckies1874
6 minutes ago, postage-stamp said:

Ok. But I could walk into the ticket office and buy some on Friday?  I'll wear my hearts strip lol

If you have customer reference numbers with 10+ loyalty points then you can walk into the Ticket Office and buy 1 ticket per reference tomorrow. Not without. 

postage-stamp
Just now, Luckies1874 said:

If you have customer reference numbers with 10+ loyalty points then you can walk into the Ticket Office and buy 1 ticket per reference tomorrow. Not without. 

Now we see why it hasn't sold out.  Would like 2 tickets and have no loyalty points.  2 empty seats then ..pub for me

Luckies1874
6 minutes ago, postage-stamp said:

Now we see why it hasn't sold out.  Would like 2 tickets and have no loyalty points.  2 empty seats then ..pub for me

As I offered previously in the thread if I have a couple of reference numbers for people who live abroad and won't be in Scotland on Saturday. If you want them PM me.

maroonsgotop

incredible that people are offering reference numbers to people with no LP's. This could end up like like the last time there were infiltrators with quite a few punch ups

postage-stamp
59 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

incredible that people are offering reference numbers to people with no LP's. This could end up like like the last time there were infiltrators with quite a few punch ups

They should do in person walk ups to the ticket office till Friday afternoon.  No toilet rim is gonna walk into the hearts ticket office. 

3 hours ago, maroonsgotop said:

In addition to that. If someone using your reference number misbehaves and gets arrested, you’re risking getting a ban or suspension yourself, especially if it turns out to be an opposition fan.

No danger I’m ever giving someone I don’t know my reference number

Edited by JimmyCant

9 hours ago, postage-stamp said:

You're a Hearts fan with no loyalty points??

pettigrewsstylist

Is there still empty seats and peeps looking? Surely let FOH members with zip LPs have a ticket at this point.

11 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Is there still empty seats and peeps looking? Surely let FOH members with zip LPs have a ticket at this point.

Not a bad idea but there can’t be too many foh members that are able to travel and have zero LP’s. 

Jingle Bells
On 09/03/2023 at 06:47, Sooks said:

You think the club has made up the fact that people tried to buy season tickets and were put on a waiting list instead ? And you think how many tickets we sell for a game against Celtic will back up your bat shit theory 

Is English your second language?

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Not a bad idea but there can’t be too many foh members that are able to travel and have zero LP’s. 

I think any Hearts fan with loyalty points should be able to buy for this one. I wouldn't be offering some random a ticket with no points though, inevitably some will find their way into Celtic fans hands, always happens. Never understand any of them wanting to sit in our end.