Scottish Cup . Hearts v Celtic Saturday 11/3 12:15 ko - tickets on sale 22/2

Mr Sifter

Pasquale for King

Must be easy enough to work out that Paddy O’Sherlassy from Glasgow is one of them as opposed to someone from our beautiful Capital 🤔😆?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Luckies1874

• Wee Mikey

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Bazzas right boot

been here before
30 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

:rofl:

1 loyalty point for people who have over 80 already so lifelong Hearts fans can actually attend the game and give Hearts money. Very different from a fan 7500 miles away spending £25 on an away ticket to gain 3 loyalty points and then watch on Hearts TV! 

So its no bother harvesting 1 point but not 3?

Are you doing this based on some sort of a sliding scale of massive fanness divided by lifelong Hearts fan hyperbole?

29 minutes ago, ecky92 said:

Any spares going for tomorrow? Was planning on taking my nephew but I can’t buy an extra ticket. 

PM me.

9 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Suggesting we dare not come up with a solution which enables more jambos/neutrals to attend this game, despite thousands of unsold seats,  in case someone with a weegie accent sits next to them.

Comedy gold.  Both can be managed. 

What's your solution then ? 

Bearing in mind that if there is trouble in the Hearts end Hearts will be held responsible ? 

ArcticJambo
1 hour ago, graygo said:

Well when I used to sit there accompanying a disabled friend it wasn't an issue.

Probably not when row 8 was sitting. I somehow get the feeling they won't be on Saturday. Anyway, we'll see in due course.

47 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Winning the cup guarantees group stage European football , give me us winning the cup and finishing 5th in the league right now

Noooooo!!!!!!

3rd in the league, for SO many reasons PLUS a 🏆 win.

Anyhoo, the chances of any team outwith us and the uglies winning the 🏆 this year are minimal, to say the least.

redtipsjambo

Hi Guys 

Has anyone not received a ticket through the post yet for game tomorrow.

Not received mine yet, have contacted ticket office about this asking, if it doesn’t arrive can I come and collect one at ticket office, no reply as yet

Anyone had that problem before and went to ticket office on day of game to get one

Cheers

5 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Plenty out there with less than 10pts.  I know of 3 at Tynie last Sun getting their certs after attending game on Sat. 

Sure, but no points at all 🤷‍♀️

Luckies1874
21 minutes ago, been here before said:

So its no bother harvesting 1 point but not 3?

Are you doing this based on some sort of a sliding scale of massive fanness divided by lifelong Hearts fan hyperbole?

:rofl:   If you can't see the difference that's your problem not mine. What a strange guy. 

2 hours ago, ArcticJambo said:

Is the Gorgie Hosiptality going ahead as per? I mean, how will the moving of Lower X impact on that? Also, I'd have thought that the Disabled section on the concourse between Upper and Lower X will also be affected by anyone standing in Row 8 of lower section.

I really hope that the ultra's experiment works but imo it'll be quite a few rows at the front of the upper section and not just the disabled folks that'll have their view affected by people standing in the lower section. I was in the Roseburn for the Dundee Utd game and noticed this when people were standing at half time. My guess is that the front row won't see the bottom half of the goals. Whether that's bad enough to cause concern remains to be seen.

Selkirkhmfc1874
20 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Noooooo!!!!!!

3rd in the league, for SO many reasons PLUS a 🏆 win.

Anyhoo, the chances of any team outwith us and the uglies winning the 🏆 this year are minimal, to say the least.

Obviously that's what i want in perfect world but I'd take winning cup over league position right now 

18 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Must be easy enough to work out that Paddy O’Sherlassy from Glasgow is one of them as opposed to someone from our beautiful Capital 🤔😆?

Seamus O'Fea and his lass Aoife, both frae Lochee, will have simply splashed out on corporate tickets, so deary me!

Joking aside, there seems to be all sorts of consternation as regards keeping Celtic fans at bay, but, as per when we totally went to town purchasing corporates at Fester for that ill-fated 'money-spinner', they will, I'm sure, have snapped up hospitality briefs nae bother.

I'm in the camp that reckons us having to be a tad slicker when assessing ticket sales for such matches. In this age of computerisation there surely must be a switched on Uni student who could figure out an algorithm based on previous purchases that would allow genuine Hearts fans to purchase on behalf of family & friends without simply battening down the hatches and turning folks away.

been here before
6 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

:rofl:   If you can't see the difference that's your problem not mine. What a strange guy. 

I can see your hypocrisy if it helps.

1 hour ago, Poseidon said:

Don't think Lower N was put on sale

Lower N closest to celtic has been sectioned off. My seat was moved from 19 to 7. 4 of us changed to lower gorgie for this one and id guess a few more might have done the same. N could be looking very empty tomorrow.

Luckies1874
Just now, been here before said:

I can see your hypocrisy if it helps.

You'd rather have Hearts fans locked out. I'd rather see Hearts fans in Tynecastle. The end. Goodbye.

been here before
1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

You'd rather have Hearts fans locked out. I'd rather see Hearts fans in Tynecastle. The end. Goodbye.

You've missed out 'fellow Hearts fans' from your cliches.

ArcticJambo
2 minutes ago, 1953 said:

I really hope that the ultra's experiment works but imo it'll be quite a few rows at the front of the upper section and not just the disabled folks that'll have their view affected by people standing in the lower section. I was in the Roseburn for the Dundee Utd game and noticed this when people were standing at half time. My guess is that the front row won't see the bottom half of the goals. Whether that's bad enough to cause concern remains to be seen.

Yes, I too hope they become a fixture, although the club will have to find an appropriate solution to where they're best placed wrt everybody concerned. I'd be shocked if the vast majority of those with current STs in Lower X simply opted for the seats just because they were the only ones available!

4 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

Slightly off-topic, but should members of FoH not get some loyalty points for that alone?

Presumably, a small number of members do not get to many matches.

This is a good shout. Or as an alternative to handing out loyalty points to FoH members, make the criteria for being able to buy a ticket for a match like this 10 loyalty points or a certain level of FoH membership. Can't be many huge Hearts fans who wouldn't be in either category and should still eliminate the interlopers.

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

True. Also, it's very likely that folks on the ST waiting list who have not been able to garner LPs due to the sell-out scenario will be personally known to ST holders who simply can't make the game for the usual reasons.

Something that needs tweaking as it seems to me that we're turning away business and stymying football tourists and future ST holders alike.

Exactly this . 

pettigrewsstylist
4 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

This is a good shout. Or as an alternative to handing out loyalty points to FoH members, make the criteria for being able to buy a ticket for a match like this 10 loyalty points or a certain level of FoH membership. Can't be many huge Hearts fans who wouldn't be in either category and should still eliminate the interlopers.

Or a historical buying history, or shareholder in any capacity. Turning away revenue is poor.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

6 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Perhaps a way round the specific problems you have brought up would be to ask people purchasing for low or no LPs holders to take responsibility for their guests.

You have to speak to the club about it if you want the current rules changed. If you raise a petition among the fans it might help. 

That ☝️ is unnecessary, and a wee bit out of order. @Sooks posts generally sound and rational thoughts, often complex ideas written eloquently with superb use of vocabulary and imagery. Dinnae have to agree with him every time mind you, but nae need for casting aspersions as to his grasp of English.

Cheers Mikey all good though my punctuation is horrible tbf 

Luckies1874
13 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Perhaps a way round the specific problems you have brought up would be to ask people purchasing for low or no LPs holders to take responsibility for their guests.

You have to speak to the club about it if you want the current rules changed. If you raise a petition among the fans it might help. 

Totally reasonable. I think a ST holder with a clear significant Hearts history, as many accounts will have, could be trusted to buy an extra ticket or 2 and for it not to be going to a Celtic fan. Equally someone who has a child with single figure loyalty points (I'm one) could surely show the TO that any match they have ever been too has been bought from my 'network'. I'll be able to buy them a ticket for St Mirren at home next week but not for tomorrow?! That's flat out bizarre and costing the club money. 

Edited by Luckies1874

45 minutes ago, redtipsjambo said:

Hi Guys 

Has anyone not received a ticket through the post yet for game tomorrow.

Not received mine yet, have contacted ticket office about this asking, if it doesn’t arrive can I come and collect one at ticket office, no reply as yet

Anyone had that problem before and went to ticket office on day of game to get one

Cheers

Yes, just go to the ticket office for a reprint.

south morocco
21 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Totally reasonable. I think a ST holder with a clear significant Hearts history, as many accounts will have, could be trusted to buy an extra ticket or 2 and for it not to be going to a Celtic fan. Equally someone who has a child with single figure loyalty points (I'm one) could surely show the TO that any match they have ever been too has been bought from my 'network'. I'll be able to buy them a ticket for St Mirren at home next week but not for tomorrow?! That's flat out bizarre and costing the club money. 

Yup, same situation here. Child very unhappy. Not the best approach by the club on this occasion.

The Wrinkly Ninja

That ☝️ is unnecessary, and a wee bit out of order. @Sooks posts generally sound and rational thoughts, often complex ideas written eloquently with superb use of vocabulary and imagery. Dinnae have to agree with him every time mind you, but nae need for casting aspersions as to his grasp of English.

Nice of you to defend sooks but he’ll no have a clue what you just said!

😉

27 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Cheers Mikey all good though my punctuation is horrible tbf 

You’re being too harsh on yourself, that was a great post.  :wink: 👍

If anyone still has refs going for tomorrow anf happy to take the additional LPs, im looking for one for my mate to join us but has minimal points. Madness that fans can't get tickets when so many still available. 🙏

The Wrinkly Ninja
31 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

This would be a more sensible approach.

It’s worse when there will probably be hundreds of extra ticketless Celtic fans in the away end again unchallenged.

The Treasurer

This is a very difficult situation for the club, but it's clear that the "solution" they have come up with is not the best way to stop the unwashed from getting in the home end as it prevents genuine Hearts fans from attending. 

Hopefully lessons will be learnt and they will look at a better solution in future. 

2 hours ago, 1953 said:

Maybe my memory is playing tricks with me because I can't remember it being a problem, it was a long time ago.

Could the answer be to leave the back couple of rows in lower empty?

yvonnejambo

Not read all this thread but maybe if it went back to ST holders being able to buy 2 tickets per account would help. 

Anyway I have a spare as I bought our seats and then won hospitality. So if any real Hearts fan (will need proof of Hearts tattoo, Hearts pub in garden and any other forms that prove you ain’t a Celtic fan) 😁

Luckies1874
16 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

This is a very difficult situation for the club, but it's clear that the "solution" they have come up with is not the best way to stop the unwashed from getting in the home end as it prevents genuine Hearts fans from attending. 

Hopefully lessons will be learnt and they will look at a better solution in future. 

Succinctly put and exactly correct. This is not about having an unnecessary dig at the club, it's about putting in place better processes. Just as is the case with the Ticket Exchange (still in it's infancy) and things like the popularity of our hospitality and the thousands who wanted tickets for European away matches the club are having to move quickly given the new (positive) issues they are dealing with. They deserve the opportunity to get these right and improve them for all our support whether people have 150 loyalty points or 10. 

1 minute ago, yvonnejambo said:

Not read all this thread but maybe if it went back to ST holders being able to buy 2 tickets per account would help. 

Anyway I have a spare as I bought our seats and then won hospitality. So if any real Hearts fan (will need proof of Hearts tattoo, Hearts pub in garden and any other forms that prove you ain’t a Celtic fan) 😁

Teeth?

maroonlegions

So Shanks might be out tomorrow..

:jj_facepalm:

What is it with us with  injuries and illnesses..

Most seasons we lose key players, never a settled  side.

Edited by maroonlegions

pettigrewsstylist
28 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

So Shanks might be out tomorrow..

:jj_facepalm:

What is it with us with  injuries and illnesses..

Most seasons we lose key players, never a settled  side.

Robbie mind games, passes last minute fitness test.

3 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Winning the cup guarantees group stage European football , give me us winning the cup and finishing 5th in the league right now

Did not have my brain in gear when I posted this.

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

Is that right? Lower N will be empty? 

Looks like it. Pathetic if so. A combination of section N bams and Hearts being overly cautious. 

1 minute ago, PaddysBar said:

Looks like it. Pathetic if so. A combination of section N bams and Hearts being overly cautious. 

This doesn’t sound right at all. I reckon ST holders were able to buy their own seat and if any didn’t they were not released in the 2nd phase 🤷🏻‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Eddie said:

This doesn’t sound right at all. I reckon ST holders were able to buy their own seat and if any didn’t they were not released in the 2nd phase 🤷🏻‍♂️

Someone up the thread in lower N said he’d been moved to another seat and I think it’s been blocked out since tickets went on sale. 

Ricardo Quaresma

I arsed around and got to TO just as closing

If I buy an E-Ticket, will Main Stand turnstiles scan barcode from phone?

Biffa Bacon
2 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Yes, that's what I am doing.

heartsfc_fan
3 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Yep!

48 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

Someone up the thread in lower N said he’d been moved to another seat and I think it’s been blocked out since tickets went on sale. 

Simple solution is for Hearts to fit sprinklers in Roseburn and then turn them on whenever the great unwashed indulge in their usual sectarian crap. Which effectively translates to the whole game