Scottish Cup . Hearts v Celtic Saturday 11/3 12:15 ko - tickets on sale 22/2

Mr Sifter

1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

I'm going.

5am start to get the train then the plane. 5pm plane back and I should get home about 9pm. . (Unless we win, then the getting home window of opportunity alters massively)

Super duper Uber supporter 👍

Hope you get home some time Monday in that case lol

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Luckies1874

• Wee Mikey

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Bazzas right boot

AlphonseCapone

It's probably going to be cold on Saturday. Just in case the scaredy cats need an extra excuse. 

If it was hibs on Saturday this would sell out no problem. Tickets would be the same price so it’s quite obvious the real reason folk aren’t attending is they think we will get pumped. 

3 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

People saying it’s embarrassing people don’t want to go, must be trolls, or have a very comfortable financial situation.

If a family want to go to this game could be up to £60-£70. Energy bills, council tax all on the rise. Food shops are 17% higher. Come back down to reality that not everyone can afford to go. And Adult ticket is £30, I’ve got got mines cause I can afford it, but that £30 could easily put some food on my table. 

So take your shite patter and **** off.

None of us are in a position to criticise people for choosing to make family finances the top priority. 

You're spot on with your post imo. 

132goals1958
2 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

I think it would have made a significant difference if this was 5.30 for instance. I know a number of people involved in other levels of football who are committed in the morning or afternoon who have no chance to get to this who would have gone at tea time. Plus another bunch who would have had a few pints and then gone.

12.15pm has to be the worst tv slot in football. 

Absolutely but sadly the days of listening to the wishes of ordinary supporters are long gone

1 hour ago, Russ1977 said:

If it was hibs on Saturday this would sell out no problem. Tickets would be the same price so it’s quite obvious the real reason folk aren’t attending is they think we will get pumped. 

Correct. People make excuses when it suits them.

3 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

People saying it’s embarrassing people don’t want to go, must be trolls, or have a very comfortable financial situation.

If a family want to go to this game could be up to £60-£70. Energy bills, council tax all on the rise. Food shops are 17% higher. Come back down to reality that not everyone can afford to go. And Adult ticket is £30, I’ve got got mines cause I can afford it, but that £30 could easily put some food on my table. 

So take your shite patter and **** off.

Spot on.

I'm going too, but if I think my way back a couple of decades (and then some) there's no way I could afford to go to this and take my kids.

Luckies1874
3 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Spot on.

I'm going too, but if I think my way back a couple of decades (and then some) there's no way I could afford to go to this and take my kids.

Yep and the people who are angry at what they figure as "excuses" by those not attending are wrong because for some people it is actually about priorities. If we were playing Hibs the tickets would sell out because people would prioritise a massive game against our biggest rivals who we have a fantastic record against over something else in their lives. An expensive lunchtime match v Celtic which we are highly likely to lose is weighed up differently by those who may have to make a choice. 

Yes there will be some people who can afford it but don't attend because the simply don't believe we have a prayer and that's their perogative too.

People have different incomes and different life commitments, you look at the pledge numbers for FoH, roughly 8700, a fantastic figure but also a number that shows that some regular attendees are either not in a position to donate monthly or are choosing not to, for whatever reason. And guess what that's their right too!  

Randy Marsh
2 hours ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

Wait to see the utter panic for tickets if we get to Hampden by the folk passing on supporting their team when we really need it. 

This sort of chat goes round every time we reach the latter stages of the Scottish Cup.  Anyone that wants a ticket for the potential Semi Final will get one.

Gorgie_Rules

The club should reduce this from 10 points to anyone with a purchase history. 

IMO the amount of tims on the database that have purchased before will be negligible, and with Tynecastle being full every league game at the moment its a chance for folk to take someone along who has been before but doesn’t go often.

Fire_At_The_Disco
2 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

This sort of chat goes round every time we reach the latter stages of the Scottish Cup.  Anyone that wants a ticket for the potential Semi Final will get one.

Aye big game hunters eh 🙄

Few drama queen's venting.

There will be a crowd of circa 17k / 18k come Saturday and the home end will look much like it does for any other home game , with a good few empty seats dotted around the place .

merseyjambo

The game couldn’t be on the Sunday because of the Scotland v Ireland rugby so you’re left with Saturday as Viaplay have first choice on the games and times. The fact it was Celtic and it’s was the tie of the round it was never going to be on BBC.

It was just a question of whether it was going to be lunchtime or teatime kick off.

56 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

If you don't go you're shiteing it off Celtic, Fact. 

Yup that’s me. Guilty as charged and I’m ashamed! 😔

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Yep and the people who are angry at what they figure as "excuses" by those not attending are wrong because for some people it is actually about priorities. If we were playing Hibs the tickets would sell out because people would prioritise a massive game against our biggest rivals who we have a fantastic record against over something else in their lives. An expensive lunchtime match v Celtic which we are highly likely to lose is weighed up differently by those who may have to make a choice. 

Yes there will be some people who can afford it but don't attend because the simply don't believe we have a prayer and that's their perogative too.

People have different incomes and different life commitments, you look at the pledge numbers for FoH, roughly 8700, a fantastic figure but also a number that shows that some regular attendees are either not in a position to donate monthly or are choosing not to, for whatever reason. And guess what that's their right too!  

Agreed.

The price of a ticket V  celtic was always gonna be around £25 plus, it's the celtic and humping part that is putting folk of.

If it was hibs, same price and same time we'd sell out,  probably already be sold out.

The 1215 ko time is shite for me but I'm going and bringing 2 folk that can't normally make games.

I'm actiually going because it's Celtic,  if it was some shite at home or away I probably wouldn't go at that time.

Prince Obua

Biggest game of the season, can't believe we are still pretty far from a sell out. We are of course big underdogs but after Rangers, Tynecastle away is the last place Celtic would have wanted to come. We got a chance here. Can't wait.

Hackney Hearts
6 hours ago, Russ1977 said:

it’s quite obvious the real reason folk aren’t attending is they think we will get pumped. 

Then why turn up to watch the 3-4 game? Must have expected to get pumped before that too.

It's surely the combination (of price and likelihood of defeat). 

2 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Then why turn up to watch the 3-4 game? Must have expected to get pumped before that too.

It's surely the combination (of price and likelihood of defeat). 

Because most folk at that game would have been season ticket holders who already had a ticket and weren’t parting with any extra money. 

Weakened Offender
9 hours ago, Different Class said:

The only thing that's embarrassing are the internet warriors on here, facebook and twitter competing to outdo each other on who's more fuming about ticket sales. From what I can see the place will look much the same as it does every week, the main difference being the Gorgie end will have a far better atmosphere. Home cup ties always have the best atmospheres, see 4-2 vs. St Mirren last year. Not close to a sell out but one of the best home games of the season to be at. 

I couldn't make the St Mirren cup tie last season and watched it on BBC. The atmosphere sounded pretty good tbf. 

Doctor FinnBarr
3 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I couldn't make the St Mirren cup tie last season and watched it on BBC. The atmosphere sounded pretty good tbf. 

It did, I was in Lisbon for my nephews stag do, 3 of us watching on phones, should have been 4 but the stag was struggling.

Hackney Hearts
3 hours ago, Russ1977 said:

Because most folk at that game would have been season ticket holders who already had a ticket and weren’t parting with any extra money. 

Yes - that was my point. They weren't put off by the prospect of losing when they didn't have to part with cash.

I wonder what price the tickets would have to be to offset the fear of losing and get a sellout?

£5? £10? £20?

9 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Why is 1215 a shit ko time?

Because there’s not enough pub time before it for some. I’d think fans travelling a long way might not like it either. 

12.15 is a great ko time. Just means more time in the pub after to celebrate. 

Had some great times after humping them in big games at tynecastle. The Austin mccann game sticks out Robbos was jumping all afternoon after that one. 

Ticket bought and looking forward to an early pint on Saturday. 

Feeling very optimistic for some reason, due them a beating. 

Bazzas right boot
11 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

For me it puts the family out, i miss taking my daughter swimming and my wife needs to do it. I'm in tho.

For my St mate he coaches youth football and that's still running and he can't get back in time. He's out.

Plenty parents probably take their kids to football,  rugby etc in the am and get back early afternoon.

Add in travel time, Many will struggle for 1215.

1215 is the worse time for me.

On a Sunday I'm usually hanging.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

11 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

For me it puts the family out, i miss taking my daughter swimming and my wife needs to do it. I'm in tho.

For my St mate he coaches youth football and that's still running and he can't get back in time. He's out.

Plenty parents probably take their kids to football,  rugby etc in the am and get back early afternoon.

This. Friends laddie is a season ticket holder and goes all home games. However, plays on a Sat am with his friend (who also is a season ticket holder) and can't make it due to 12.15 KO. Be plenty like this. I had to Ticket Exchange a couple of Sunday games due to my son's KO's. 

Going Saturday but driving as trains from Fife are a constant shambles. One off game anything can happen.

Edited by Beave1874

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Beave1874 said:

This. Friends laddie is a season ticket holder and goes all home games. However, plays on a Sat am with his friend (who also is a season ticket holder) and can't make it due to 12.15 KO. Be plenty like this. I had to Ticket Exchange a couple of Sunday games due to my son's KO's. 

Going Saturday but driving as trains from Fife are a constant shambles. One off game anything can happen.

Aye, many parents and  kids ruled out.

My m8s other 2 coaches are ruled as well along with about 5/6 kids.

So in a group of around 20, half of which are ST holders  that would normally go, they are playing or coaching at their youth level- away as well. 

That will be mirrored across the city. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

17 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

The club should reduce this from 10 points to anyone with a purchase history. 

IMO the amount of tims on the database that have purchased before will be negligible, and with Tynecastle being full every league game at the moment its a chance for folk to take someone along who has been before but doesn’t go often.

Completely agree with this. I have bought my ST seat and my daughter's. There are seven empty seats either side of us in the Gorgie stand. My dad doesn't get to go all that often so this would be the perfect opportunity to take him along but unless there is movement to those with purchase history, then it's another ticket going unsold.

MR INCREDIBLE
15 hours ago, ramrod said:

Few drama queen's venting.

There will be a crowd of circa 17k / 18k come Saturday and the home end will look much like it does for any other home game , with a good few empty seats dotted around the place .

Spot on.

Even looking at the map now the number of empty seats is about the same as the ST holders who miss the league games.

The difference is the fans who will attend this game to a man ( woman,non binary etc) will be right behind the team 🇱🇻🇱🇻

The Goalscoring Knee
4 hours ago, GinRummy said:
13 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Because there’s not enough pub time before it for some. I’d think fans travelling a long way might not like it either. 

Plus our record for lunchtime kick-offs over the last five or six years is HONKING. Appreciate that a large percentage of altered kick-off times are for Celtic/Rangers but we've managed something like 5 wins out of our last 30 - and one of those was Auchinleck Talbot. 

AC Mallin_51
3 minutes ago, The Goalscoring Knee said:

Plus our record for lunchtime kick-offs over the last five or six years is HONKING. Appreciate that a large percentage of altered kick-off times are for Celtic/Rangers but we've managed something like 5 wins out of our last 30 - and one of those was Auchinleck Talbot. 

And hibs in the semi 😎

billybalfour
17 minutes ago, Anoeta said:

Completely agree with this. I have bought my ST seat and my daughter's. There are seven empty seats either side of us in the Gorgie stand. My dad doesn't get to go all that often so this would be the perfect opportunity to take him along but unless there is movement to those with purchase history, then it's another ticket going unsold.

Can you not purchase it as a season ticket holder.If you have previously purchased for him and he is in your network I think that might be an option.Surely the club not trying to kill sales by not allowing this.

2 minutes ago, billybalfour said:

Can you not purchase it as a season ticket holder.If you have previously purchased for him and he is in your network I think that might be an option.Surely the club not trying to kill sales by not allowing this.

It's only one ticket per account so it doesn't allow me to buy anything other than my ST seat and my daughter's unfortunately. If you try to assign the ticket to anyone in your network with fewer than 10 loyalty points, it doesn't allow you to go ahead with the purchase.

Gorgie_Rules
4 minutes ago, Anoeta said:

It's only one ticket per account so it doesn't allow me to buy anything other than my ST seat and my daughter's unfortunately. If you try to assign the ticket to anyone in your network with fewer than 10 loyalty points, it doesn't allow you to go ahead with the purchase.

You shouldn’t have to, but if you email/phone the ticket office and explain im sure they will be accommodating.

When games arent heading for a sell out we should be making it as easy as possible for folk to attend

4 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

You shouldn’t have to, but if you email/phone the ticket office and explain im sure they will be accommodating.

When games arent heading for a sell out we should be making it as easy as possible for folk to attend

Already tried that and the email response this morning was that he needs an account with 10 loyalty points. Can't speak to anyone in the ticket office anymore as they have taken away the option of phoning so I've sent another email asking if they intend dropping the threshold of points required or if they'll just let the seats go unsold.

billybalfour
11 minutes ago, Anoeta said:

If you are stuck and want a ticket a couple of our lot can't make the game.Get in touch and we can arrange.

The Goalscoring Knee
29 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

And hibs in the semi 😎

True - didn't think to mention it, seeing as it's nothing out of the ordinary :thumbsup:.

16 minutes ago, billybalfour said:

If you are stuck and want a ticket a couple of our lot can't make the game.Get in touch and we can arrange.

Thank you, I just got another email back from the ticket office and they're saying that the 10 loyalty point restriction will still in place right up to kick off. I'll send you a message.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I travel 130 miles, no problem, not enough pub time, seriously?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Those are better reasons tbf

4 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

I travel 130 miles, no problem, not enough pub time, seriously?

I've literally heard folk saying exactly that about pub time.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I've literally heard folk saying exactly that about pub time.

Whats wrong with a carry out instead!! 

When you look at some of the excuses you might just understand but just remember this Celtic Scottish Cup game is our biggest game this season. We only have 3 stands to fill, so apart from Season Ticket Holders who haven’t bought their own seat where are the thousands that would buy a ST if they could and are on the waiting list. Where are the ordinary fans who go now and again and moan when they can’t get  ticket for Cup Finals. Maybe a good result on Wednesday might change a few of peoples minds and come along and fill our 3 stands.

12 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Whats wrong with a carry out instead!! 

Can only speak personally but I'd rather just wait till the back of 2 to go to the pub than buy cans and drink them on the street or in someone's house. I'd also prefer to go for a pint before the game so would like a later kick off but not bothered to any real extent.

Luckies1874

Have several reference numbers available if anyone who has used their ST already needs one. Just send a PM.