*** Hearts Summer Transfer Thread*** Offiah signs on loan

Selkirkhmfc1874

Luckies1874

That 5 million we pissed up the wall that some thought was irrelevant sure would be coming in handy right about now  :vrface:

• Replies 36.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Batistuta87

• BackOfTheNet

• Sooks

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sub4TiddlerMurray
8 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952gx03n69jfaeuefko2p

😄 I can’t believe Savage hasn’t offered what Simms is worth. It’s typical of Hearts! Budge oot!! 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
41 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Agents will be doing it and other clubs. Drumm up some interest.

I get that. Why weren’t they doing that a year ago though?

I thought Joe’s philosophy was tight ship or bolt/jog on.

He seems to be losing control of it all.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

2 hours ago, ramrod said:

Seems a lot of clubs Inc Rangers, Aberdeen and Hibs are getting their business done early. 

I'm sure Aberdeen need to sign about 8 players to replace what has left though and Hibs well it's not exactly quality they seem to signing.Rangers as usual doesn't matter to us they are operating on a different level.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Guessing he'll be back after he recovers. I think we'd sell him if given the chance but I'd imagine the chat about interest in him from unnamed clubs is shite.

Joining Gudogan at Barcelona, nap. Barcelona currently lowballing us however, think because we have a crap tv deal and Hearts are as soft as shite, not like Hibs and Aberdeen we will accept a paltry sum.

46 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

It’s clear as day that managers see things differently but work differently too.  His transformation(Atkinson) in a short time under Naismith was clearly

evident.

Like Oda, suddenly he had a manager who gave him a chance, knew how to give him confidence and believed in his abilities. Implemented a system and attitude that suited these players and gave them the platform. 

Naismith only selected Atkinson once Smith was injured so clearly he saw Smith as his first choice. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Guessing he'll be back after he recovers. I think we'd sell him if given the chance but I'd imagine the chat about interest in him from unnamed clubs is shite.

Shouldn’t we have spotted this injury earlier?

Is any part of the football side of the club functioning properly?

All seems very amateurish.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, soonbe110 said:

Naismith only selected Atkinson once Smith was injured so clearly he saw Smith as his first choice. 

Yep. Bizarrely I am sure he selected Kingsley first before Cochrane (or subbed K on for Alex) as well in the first Hibs game but might be wrong.

3 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Tbf both Cam and Kye came and were instantly excellent. Kye only dipped after injury and the WC, paired with all our injuries and loss of a compatable partner.

Nattie took a while to settle but thats him, or Robbie, or i duno really. Garang was 14.

If we ever get a fully fit squad & supplement that with incoming transfers in key positions, I wouldn't bet on any of our Aussie contingent being guaranteed starters this season. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

That 5 million we pissed up the wall that some thought was irrelevant sure would be coming in handy right about now  :vrface:

Last season and bought Grant and Kio and haggled for Shankland. 

In fact, are we not paid most of that around  now and next summer would be the windfall from this season?

Should we not  be seeing the fruits of our 3rd place finish and European money this transfer window.

Happy to be corrected if cash was paid upfront,  but even then this would be the first summer transfer window in which we have to spend it.

We wouldn't have had the cash last summer either way.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Clearly the case.

Any manager would have, he was the better player.

16 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Of course we lose out on top targets. Every club does. Newcastle pursued Maddison, they've lost out to Spurs. Hearts are much further down the food chain and we will naturally lose out on our top targets. That doesn't mean we shouldn't show ambition and still try and get these 'first targets'.

PS we need an injection of about £50m to 'close the gap' on the Old Firm. Best to forget about it until that happens.

Why? You don't think we can get 3rd this season or >61 points without £50m quid?

5 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I'm sure Aberdeen need to sign about 8 players to replace what has left though and Hibs well it's not exactly quality they seem to signing.Rangers as usual doesn't matter to us they are operating on a different level.

Aberdeen brought back shinnie and Clarkson who were their outstanding players. 

Luckies1874
1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Last season and bought Grant and Kio and haggled for Shankland. 

In fact, are we not paid most of that around  now and next summer would be the windfall from this season?

Should we not  be seeing the fruits of our 3rd place finish and European money this transfer window.

Happy to be corrected if cash was paid upfront,  but even then this would be the first summer transfer window in which we have to spend it.

We wouldn't have had the cash last summer either way.

I'm pretty sure they can budget given what they know is definitely coming in. 

Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I think it's fairly common for players to take injections for pain and then get operations in the close season.

You seem to be on a right downer just now. All that's happened is we've appointed a manager without the right qualifications, and we've not spoken to the press since. That's literally it. We are also chasing players and haven't signed any yet. 

You seem determined to paint it black.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

I'm pretty sure they can budget given what they know is definitely coming in. 

As long as your pretty sure.

6 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Joining Gudogan at Barcelona, nap. Barcelona currently lowballing us however, think because we have a crap tv deal and Hearts are as soft as shite, not like Hibs and Aberdeen we will accept a paltry sum.

😁 would take a couple of players in exchange seeing as they're skint.

Mr Elwood P
Just now, Taffin said:

Why? You don't think we can get 3rd this season or >61 points without £50m quid?

That isn't what I would call 'closing the gap'. Closing the gap would be putting in a semblance of a title challenge. Finishing 3rd and being 30/40 points? Not for me.

Dennis Reynolds

Kio back to Germany, missing some or all of Spain trip  Anyone heard why? 

Ankle surgery.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I think it's fairly common for players to take injections for pain and then get operations in the close season.

You seem to be on a right downer just now. All that's happened is we've appointed a manager without the right qualifications, and we've not spoken to the press since. That's literally it. We are also chasing players and haven't signed any yet. 

You seem determined to paint it black.

Kio should have had his op asap. Even if it allows us to get rid of him more quickly. 

It is highly likely we would listen offers for him but there won’t be any if he is on crutches - it only seems to be us that buys injured players 😂

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Mr Elwood P
14 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

What £5m?

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Kio back to Germany, missing some or all of Spain trip  Anyone heard why? 

Apparently he’s been injured, but we did nothing about it when we didn’t need him towards the end of last season. So we just decided now that he needs to go and get an op.

Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Kio should have had his op asap. Even if it allows us to get rid of him more quickly. 

It is highly likely we would listen offers for him but there won’t be any if he is on crutches - it only seems to be us that but injured players 😂

We always seem to have loads of injuries. When we finally get the results of Craigs review of the medical department I expect things to improve. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

It is highly likely we would listen offers for him but there won’t be any if he is on crutches - it only seems to be us that but injured players 😂

Hopefully his operation on his ankle turns him into a football player.

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

That isn't what I would call 'closing the gap'. Closing the gap would be putting in a semblance of a title challenge. Finishing 3rd and being 30/40 points? Not for me.

Closing the gap is diminishing the gap between us and them. It's a process, and it'll never happen if you instead aim to just do the same as the previous year. Teams and people get better gradually through continuous improvement. Even an influx of money means nothing, look at Chelsea this year...Newcastle are doing it the closing the gap way and getting far better results despite being in an enviable position where they could try and do it with spending power alone.

Putting in a title challenge is putting in a title challenge and I can't see many people talking about thinking that's possible. Yet.

Luckies1874
4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

What £5m?

The £5 million difference between finishing 3rd or 4th.

The £5 million some thought didn't matter. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Doesn’t change the basic point.

We were all creaming ourselves about just how professional Savage was about making sure we kept things quiet before deals were tied up until about a year ago.

Now. It’s all over the place.

Unless of course these are all decoys 🙄

Mock all you like - we all had hardons (wideons for our ladies) about Joe’s methods a year ago. They seem to have disintegrated since then from what I can see.

The point is that Savage can do extremely little about the other club leaking the story to drum up better offers. 

12 minutes ago, iainmac said:

If we ever get a fully fit squad & supplement that with incoming transfers in key positions, I wouldn't bet on any of our Aussie contingent being guaranteed starters this season. 

No. And that's a good thing.  If we have three guys who are all automatic picks in the Aussie National squad on our bench, we're doing ok mate.

That's the aim isn't it.  Get to a place where signings aren't plugging gaps, they're improving on what we have.  Even when what we have is good.

Nerja Jambo
16 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

In a nutshell. This time last year we were guaranteed that £5 million, this time round we are not. As you say pissed up the wall due to yet another botch up by the board. They new what was at stake as did we, but took far to long to try and stop the rot. The result is this. All those saying we should forget about it, it's in the past, let's move on are having second thought now. I see Aberdeen have resigned Shinnie on a 3 year deal on top of Clarkson due to the fact they have the £5 million that we blew. No use arguing about this, that is fact. 

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Closing the gap is diminishing the gap between us and them. It's a process, and it'll never happen if you instead aim to just do the same as the previous year. Teams and people get better gradually through continuous improvement. Even an influx of money means nothing, look at Chelsea this year...Newcastle are doing it the closing the gap way and getting far better results despite being in an enviable position where they could try and do it with spending power alone.

Putting in a title challenge is putting in a title challenge and I can't see many people talking about thinking that's possible. Yet.

You're tasked with closing a door. You close the door 1 or 2 cm. Have you been successful at closing the door?

With Champions League money the gap is only going to get bigger. Bigger still if they get access to the new club World Cup.  

Mr Elwood P
5 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Anyone with even the most basic grasp of maths knows it wasn't anything like £5m. Research before ranting!

27 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

We didn’t have the £5m so how could we pish it up the wall ?

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

You're tasked with closing a door. You close the door 1 or 2 cm. Have you been successful at closing the door?

With Champions League money the gap is only going to get bigger. Bigger still if they get access to the new club World Cup.  

Yes. To close the door fully, you must first close it 1 or 2cm. Last year was the equivalent of opening it further.

All a cash injection does is potentially speed up the process. 

You don't wake up one day suddenly a bodybuilder, or a marathon runner. It takes time. You take gradual steps towards your goal. If you just sack it off and say we will never achieve our goal we'd genuinely be as well folding.

We can't control what other teams do, it's a moving feast. We might get to 70 points and be further away, which would be sad but there's nothing we can do about it but it's not a reason to say let's standstill instead.

9 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

There's no point crying over spilled milk is there. We sacked the manager, binned the supposed 'problem player'. It's not like we've been asked to suck it up. Changes have been made.

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

If you had bothered to read the article It says hes at end of his recuperation from the surgery and should be back in a week, a bit like McKay who also had an ankle op at the end of the season FOUR weeks ago. 

Japan Jambo
23 hours ago, biffy said:

That’s banderson saying it’s likely ginelly wont be staying. Not very surprising. 

up to speed as usual then. A fair few on here read those tea leaves in April unfortunately.

1 hour ago, DC_92 said:

So any transfer fee that requires any kind of negotiation is pointless? Either because you're close enough so you should just pay what they want, or because you're too far apart so you should give up? Nothing in between?

The viewpoints you talk yourself into. :lol:

This. 

An astonishing grasp of how negotiations work. If only things were so simple. 

Or have some being speaking to Peter Ridsdale? 

🤣

Luckies1874
2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Anyone with even the most basic grasp of maths knows it wasn't anything like £5m. Research before ranting!

It's you that needs to do some research. 

It most definitely is around 5 million should we not make it into the group stages ourselves. Profit was over 3 million after costs and the one off expenses of the stadium enhancements. This season we would not have had the stadia costs to bear. 

Keep on pretending it didn't matter though whilst our budget is tighter :rofl:

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

9 minutes ago, Dazo said:

We didn’t have the £5m so how could we pish it up the wall ?

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

There's no point crying over spilled milk is there. We sacked the manager, binned the supposed 'problem player'. It's not like we've been asked to suck it up. Changes have been made.

Also, we could qualify and get the group money. Said poster lacks ambition and has us out before it's started.

This seasons group money isn't paid now.

Last seasons group money has been tho.

He's crashed in and had a mare. 

Luckies1874
9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Agreed. Just think it's hilarious watching some of the usual revisionists on here crying about us having to be more frugal after defending the clowns who blew a double digit lead and the guaranteed Conference League income. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

It most definitely is around 5 million should we not make it into the group stages ourselves. Profit was over 3 million after costs and the one off expenses of the stadium enhancements. This season we would not have had the stadia costs to bear. 

If we qualify for the group stages you'll be greetin. 

Good attempt to de rail the transfer thread tho.

Luckies1874
1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Also, we could qualify and get the group money. Said poster lacks ambition and has us out before it's started.

This seasons group money isn't paid now.

Last seasons group money has been tho.

He's crashed in and had a mare. 

:rofl:

I lack ambition!!!!! One of your best posts ever. 

This coming from the boy who thought Robbie Neilson was the answer. 

36 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I get that. Why weren’t they doing that a year ago though?

I thought Joe’s philosophy was tight ship or bolt/jog on.

He seems to be losing control of it all.

You’re no Tam Hardys dug.

You're Joe Savages dug.

He’s had you neutered.

That’s the only explanation for your posts.

Joe Savages dug.

Pasquale for King

Man City pulling out of deal for Declan Rice, even they have a valuation of players that they won’t go above. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Bob fans still hurting and looking for other scapegoats. 

Mr Elwood P
13 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Yes. To close the door fully, you must first close it 1 or 2cm. Last year was the equivalent of opening it further.

All a cash injection does is potentially speed up the process. 

You don't wake up one day suddenly a bodybuilder, or a marathon runner. It takes time. You take gradual steps towards your goal. If you just sack it off and say we will never achieve our goal we'd genuinely be as well folding.

We can't control what other teams do, it's a moving feast. We might get to 70 points and be further away, which would be sad but there's nothing we can do about it but it's not a reason to say let's standstill instead.

The other teams need to be taken into account. Celtic's new manager has dominated Scottish football previously, won the FA Cup and Community Shield with Leicester and finished 5th to qualify for Europe. Our new manager can't even take a press conference apparently ...

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Man City pulling out of deal for Declan Rice, even they have a valuation of players that they won’t go above. 

Leaves Arsenal with a big decision to make. Wouldn’t surprise me if he had another year at West Ham.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Just pay what they want. 🤬

Emergency board meeting for the jkb transfer experts as they realise every club on the planet negotiates transfers. 😂

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Thread*** Offiah signs on loan