*** Hearts Summer Transfer Thread*** Offiah signs on loan

Selkirkhmfc1874

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Do we have any idea how far away he is from a first team squad return

I’m sure it was said a few weeks ago he’d be back in contention in time for the Dundee game in a few weeks

• Replies 36.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Batistuta87

• BackOfTheNet

• Sooks

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Is it? This is their 23/24 departures compared to their 22/23 incomings…

IMG_3672.png

IMG_3673.png

You are missing the key point, the loans are not gone, they will still get fees for several of. Adams, Meslier, Harrison and Gnonto, yet to be sold, when they do, they wont be far off 100 million. You dont have even half a story there

Just now, FionaHmfc said:

I’m sure it was said a few weeks ago he’d be back in contention in time for the Dundee game in a few weeks

Brilliant thank you Fiona

weegie jambo
4 hours ago, The Tackle said:

If we don’t remember the terrible periods in history, they will be allowed to happen again. You can’t just ban people from talking about it.

All very true, history must be taught and learned from, however making stupid culturally inappropriate comments are not conducive to world peace and understanding.

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

You are missing the key point, the loans are not gone, they will still get fees for several of. Adams, Meslier, Harrison and Gnonto, yet to be sold, when they do, they wont be far off 100 million. You dont have even half a story there

Okay.

Let’s leave it there.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Okay.

Let’s leave it there.

Yeah, off topic anyhow, they have a lot of work to do still getting people out of the building, Harrison and Adams not playing in pre season will definitely go, from last Sunday, Meslier and Gnonto likely, Summerville very possible, Sinisterra now less likely. They are all going to go for north of 10 million and up to 30 million in a couple of cases. Silly money for average players really.

49ers running them they are not in any financial peril.

There's not been a signing for... hours now. Shavage and Nhaismith out!

Where's the Costa Rican?!

tenor.gif?itemid=15951753&f=1&nofb=1&ipt

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, Gundermann said:

There's not been a signing for... hours now. Shavage and Nhaismith out!

Where's the Costa Rican?!

tenor.gif?itemid=15951753&f=1&nofb=1&ipt

In transit.

Mr Elwood P
5 minutes ago, iainmac said:

How long is that going to take in a van? 

This weekend or early next week. Depends how fast he can paddle.

FM today;

“One of the things we look at is background, what type of character are we bringing in. Kyosuke is one that we’ve watched and looked at for a wee while now. We’re delighted to have gotten him in through the door and are just waiting to hear back about his international clearance ahead of tomorrow.

We’re hoping Kenneth Vargas will be here either over the weekend or early next week. Another exciting prospect – he’s a player that’s quick, able to get in behind defences. In short, we’re very happy with the business that we’ve done.”

Beyond those pair mentioned, the Gorgie club would still like to do more business and McAvoy told how work is ongoing to that effect.

He added: "I think like anybody else we'd like to add a few more players and Steven (Naismith, technical director) is working closely with Joe (Savage, sporting director) in terms of trying to identify other targets.

We're happy at the moment but again, if we can get one or two more we'll be delighted. Vargas will be in and if I had a crystal ball it would be great but hopefully we won't be too far away with one or two."

BackOfTheNet

Have the hush, hush WhatsApp messages gone too hush, hush now? Where’s the update on the Premier League/Brentford/Brighton right back?

Tom Hardy’s Dug
17 hours ago, 5-1 it should have been 10 said:

Put down hopefully

Nearly but not quite. 

For those so interested in me I posted a number of pages back that this lad looked incredible and I couldn’t believe we had signed him.

👏👏👏

Mr Elwood P
30 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Have the hush, hush WhatsApp messages gone too hush, hush now? Where’s the update on the Premier League/Brentford/Brighton right back?

What's this? I was on a wee thread holiday...

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

What's this? I was on a wee thread holiday...

Supposedly we were in talks for a few weeks with a right back on loan from a premier league team. One person went one step further and suggested he was from Brentford.

Edited by Mr Rabbit

FarmerTweedy
17 hours ago, Jamboross said:

Silvera and Nieuwenhof play completely different positions. If we moved onto anyone after missing out on Silvera it is more likely to be Vargas.

From what I read around the time we were linked with him, Silvera was being described as an attacking midfielder.   Nieuwenhof looks a bit box-to-box type from what I've seen so far but possibly the club see him as suited to playing more as an out-and-out attacking mid.  On the other hand, I've had another look now and see recent articles describing Silvera as an attacking midfielder, a winger, and a forward, so you may be right! 🤷‍♂️

ginger jambo98
7 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Does this mean Tagawa and Vargas won't be available for the Rosenberg tie?

We’ve got until midnight on Wednesday to sign players for the ties.

Just now, ginger jambo98 said:

We’ve got until midnight on Wednesday to sign players for the ties.

Ah magic, had in in my head it was this week for some reason. Cheers 👍

ginger jambo98
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Ah magic, had in in my head it was this week for some reason. Cheers 👍

I wasn’t sure but had noticed Barry Anderson clarifying for someone on Twitter.

FarmerTweedy
17 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Some fairly accurate ITK today. 

Mention earlier was from Brentford, I'd guess Charlie Farr

How do you know it was accurate? 

Mr Elwood P
14 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Supposedly we were in talks for a few weeks with a right back on loan from a premier league team. One person went one step further and suggested he was from Brentford.

Hopefully initials AH.

3 hours ago, Jambo 1956 said:

He had an operation on his ankle at the end of last season.

I spoke to Barry today at the Oriam . I asked when he would be back and he said next week hopefully. Also said his ankle had to be reconstructed. I had a quick word with Halkett and he said October for his return.

HeartsandonlyHearts
16 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

£10M

That’s a weird story. We don’t play a butt cheeks for weeks.

Herald posting an article about Alex Lowry possibly coming here on loan from the huns. 

Not a fan of this. Loan to buy? Absolutely. But not a fan of the idea of bring through players for them. 

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Herald posting an article about Alex Lowry possibly coming here on loan from the huns. 

Not a fan of this. Loan to buy? Absolutely. But not a fan of the idea of bring through players for them. 

Ach, if he improves the squad, I don’t see an issue. I get why loans from the uglies is frowned upon though. 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, OTT said:

will he make us better this season yes or no? Answer is yes without doubt. 

2 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Herald is no better than the beano

Chris Jack and their Heart and Hand podcast have both claimed it, they’re probs the two sources most connected with Gers at the minute. I’d expect this is done deal, see they have a recall option which not too fond of but a great player for us

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Dia Liom said:

Don't like the idea of taking a player on loan from a team in our league.  When was the last time we did that?

our main rivals do it all the time. Why shouldn’t we? 

7 minutes ago, RDSK said:

Alex Lowry expected to join on loan from Rangers.

Heard this from a bluenose last week.

August Landmesser

where/when does Lowry play though? Last 20 mins of a game? 

I don't know much about him tbf - is he a Ginnelly-type, Bazza MacKazza-type, Devlin-type, or a Beni-type?

buzzbomb1958
1 minute ago, SM8 said:

Chris Jack and their Heart and Hand podcast have both claimed it, they’re probs the two sources most connected with Gers at the minute. I’d expect this is done deal, see they have a recall option which not too fond of but a great player for us

Don’t really like being associated with the cheating barstewards rather keep them at arms length

LogicalEric

If we were signing Lowry I'd be all for it but essentially helping develop a Rangers youngster strikes as pretty tinpot in all honesty. Thought the same when Aberdeen and Hibs did this previously. Makes a bit of a mockery of the competition. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Thread*** Offiah signs on loan