*** Hearts Summer Transfer Thread*** Offiah signs on loan

Selkirkhmfc1874

7 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Savages early signings were under completely different financial conditions 

I think when you are working with so many variables it is hard to be too critical on one person. So many moving parts to a transfer especially when maybe trying to punch up the way. For me if we get the desired numbers in then quality of the window is the responsibility of the manager. 

• Replies 36.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Batistuta87

• BackOfTheNet

• Sooks

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Spookie said:

Think I'm more excited by this kid, he's lightening apparently from reports in his homeland 

Screenshot_20230804_071152_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20230804_071214_Instagram.jpg

This lad could be absolutely brutal, but honestly, I can't remember being more excited over a signing in decades. A mix of the complete unknown, youth, exciting highlights, speed... I can't wait to see him in maroon. 

Finlay James
7 hours ago, DC_92 said:

To me, being an effective recruiter is about putting together a set-up which allows you to identify players from across the world who are suitable for filling a specific role, as defined by the manager. That takes time because it involves hiring the right people (scouts, analysts) and giving them the right tools (databases, scouting softwares, whatever).

It's not about having a transfer guru who has indexed all players in his head and is able to pull suitable options out of his arse at the drop of a hat, a couple of weeks into the job. Suitable options who are also willing to come and play in the Scottish second tier during a pandemic but are also expected to be good enough for a team challenging for third in the division above.

So I've no doubt McEneff was scouted by Savage at Preston and was put forward because he roughly fitted the brief of what Neilson was looking for and would be an achievable target, but he wasn't recruited through the current process or under the current circumstances.

Basically what I'm saying is, I don't think our signings in Jan 21 remotely reflect on the effectiveness of our recruitment set-up as it is today.

Spot on, I can’t believe you needed to explain this as it seems pretty obvious.

7 hours ago, DC_92 said:

To me, being an effective recruiter is about putting together a set-up which allows you to identify players from across the world who are suitable for filling a specific role, as defined by the manager. That takes time because it involves hiring the right people (scouts, analysts) and giving them the right tools (databases, scouting softwares, whatever).

It's not about having a transfer guru who has indexed all players in his head and is able to pull suitable options out of his arse at the drop of a hat, a couple of weeks into the job. Suitable options who are also willing to come and play in the Scottish second tier during a pandemic but are also expected to be good enough for a team challenging for third in the division above.

So I've no doubt McEneff was scouted by Savage at Preston and was put forward because he roughly fitted the brief of what Neilson was looking for and would be an achievable target, but he wasn't recruited through the current process or under the current circumstances.

Basically what I'm saying is, I don't think our signings in Jan 21 remotely reflect on the effectiveness of our recruitment set-up as it is today.

Good post DC, hard to argue against any of that. Plenty will though. 😂

9 hours ago, Hansel said:

He looks pretty damn great it has to be said. Works hard closing down and full of running. Composed and looks a decent finisher 

Looks well balanced, doesn't seem to have to adjust much regardless how he receives the ball. He looks like he'll be able to handle the physical side. Think he's gonna do well.

2 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Yeah if you drill in to Hearts.  Nothing on the front Scotland sport page.  

Does it really matter ? Who actually cares except hearts fans ? Never got the rage at the media. 

Ricardo Quaresma
3 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Does it really matter ? Who actually cares except hearts fans ? Never got the rage at the media. 

I honestly couldn't care less; the post about the record further up too, they haven't produced said article yet and I wouldn't read it

I'd rather not hear any moaning, we've been spoilt a wee bit recently, just a wee bit more now... :smuggy:

14 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I'm pretty sure Calem was a top target, we've been after him for a while

Anyway, why is his case relevant, he's already a Hearts player and available for Saturday?

Person I was responding to seemed to think we purposely delayed for some reason rather than activating his release clause on day one of the transfer window, I agree with you, he's here and available for the first game so don't see what the issue is

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Person I was responding to seemed to think we purposely delayed for some reason rather than activating his release clause on day one of the transfer window, I agree with you, he's here and available for the first game so don't see what the issue is

Was his general meaning not something like 'all the men's team transfers could've been done quicker' or something like that?

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

2 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Was his general meaning not something like 'all the men's team transfers could've been done quicker' or something like that?

-

No it was specifically around the Hoff having a release clause so it should have been done much earlier, I simply made the point that he/we have no idea what hoff's contract said so don't know when the release clause became active, without knowing that I don't know how you can say the club should have done the deal sooner

Rogue Daddy
14 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Yeah, this is where I am. Getting them here is the important task - we already have a squad that should be more than capable of looking after anyone outside the OF. If they need a few games to get up to speed, or before they’re playing 90 minutes, so be it. The main thing is we’ve got them, and they’re here. And we’ll be stronger for it. 

1 hour ago, Kendoll said:

This lad could be absolutely brutal, but honestly, I can't remember being more excited over a signing in decades. A mix of the complete unknown, youth, exciting highlights, speed... I can't wait to see him in maroon. 

yeap. we never obviously truly know how a player will pan out until they've been with us 6 months. We can all reel off payers who've started slowly for us but come good.

What I would say is that there is a ton more research done into our signings compared to previous years.

I have more hope now that a Tagawa is more likely to succeed than a Danny Amankwaa (bless him). 

49 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Its not a rage.  It matters if the media keep banging on about the lack of competition in Scottish football but yet fail to publish what is big news for the 3rd biggest club in the country.  

Portable Badger
59 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Tagawa signing was announced about 13 hours ago but still nothing on BBC sport website.  Joke.

Was posted yesterday and I’ve reread it this morning

Right we just need to work out who the right back is then we are done,  and ready for the season, securing 3rd at a canter and winning the League cup and Scottish Cup 

Feel free to bookmark this 

Ricardo Quaresma
17 minutes ago, Ribble said:

No it was specifically around the Hoff having a release clause so it should have been done much earlier, I simply made the point that he/we have no idea what hoff's contract said so don't know when the release clause became active, without knowing that I don't know how you can say the club should have done the deal sooner

Well, like I wrote earlier, the Nieuwenhof case is closed, so unless he was implying that this took more time and had a knock-on effect, then I think we're done here 👍

-

ColinSmith1255
5 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

While you're arguing semantics over "Tora" you seem to be completely oblivious to the background of the image.

The Imperial rising sun flag is considered deeply offensive in many Asian countries (Korea, China, Philippines and so on) and IS in fact comparable to a swastika by victims of imperial wartime Japan 👍

The tora part is irrelevant.

Spot on. An image lifted from a poster for a war film that portrayed the Japanese as devious fanatical automatons and some people don’t see the problem 🤔

Oda was getting racial abuse at an away game in Perth last year, from an individual in the Hearts section of the main stand, someone shouting about Burma. I challenged the abuser that the events he was referring to were over 70 years ago. His reply was that he remembered it. I reckon he was about 60 years old, some memory.

9 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

Was posted yesterday and I’ve reread it this morning

Still not seeing it

heisenberg86

Got a feeling this guy is gonna be an absolute machine for us, he’s got all the attributes to be a success up here. 

Off the bench to get his first goal on Saturday please 🇯🇵 

Edited by heisenberg86

Portable Badger

Still not seeing it

Just in case you may be abroad...

Kyosuke Tagawa: Hearts sign forward from Tokyo for undisclosed fee

Last updated on 3 August 20233 August 2023.From the section Hearts

Kyosuke Tagawa (right) in action for Santa Clara Kyosuke Tagawa (right) could not prevent Santa Clara being relegated while on loan last season

Japanese forward Kyosuke Tagawa will bring "some top-quality squad depth" after completing a six-figure move to Hearts from FC Tokyo, says technical director Steven Naismith. 

The 24-year-old, who has two caps, arrives on a four-year deal and is the Scottish Premiership club's fourth summer signing.

Tagawa played 79 times and scored 10 goals in the J-League, before spending last term on loan in Portugal with CD Santa Clara, where he scored seven in 42 outings. 

"Kyosuke is a talented player and you just need to look at his rise through the ranks of Japan's national set up for proof of that," Naismith added.

"The squad is now beginning to take shape and everyone is looking forward to welcoming Kyosuke and starting the season positively."

BackOfTheNet

I would like a wee Friday announcement of some kind, but probably not forthcoming. I’m guessing today will be soundbites from press conferences etc for the game tomorrow.

Vargas won’t be here in time for an announcement today I don’t think. So unless a RB is raring to go and be announced then it’s not going to happen.

(I said Tagawa wasn’t going to be announced yesterday and that referee psychology worked, so no harm giving it another bash!)

BackOfTheNet
4 minutes ago, heisenberg86 said:

Got a feeling this guy is gonna be an absolute machine for us, he’s got all the attributes to be a success up here. 

Off the bench to get his fist goal on Saturday please 🇯🇵 

Think we should temper expectations on the goals front, he’s never been prolific, but he’s very much a modern forward in that he’s more there to cause chaos and stretch defences leaving space for others to go into and exploit.

But yes, anything less than a hattrick is going to be disappointing…

The Mercer Takeover

Nothing more exciting than a new forward arriving. Well done hearts for getting him here in time for season start.

Will hopefully shake things up and add much needed competition.

The lack of pace with Boyce and Shankland is frightening, so hopefully this balances things out a bit.

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I would like a wee Friday announcement of some kind, but probably not forthcoming. I’m guessing today will be soundbites from press conferences etc for the game tomorrow.

Vargas won’t be here in time for an announcement today I don’t think. So unless a RB is raring to go and be announced then it’s not going to happen.

(I said Tagawa wasn’t going to be announced yesterday and that referee psychology worked, so no harm giving it another bash!)

I’m so looking forward to the pre-match slavers.  I normally pay them little attention but it’s been a long close season. 

Oda be a JT
1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

It’s like Sky Sports News yesterday. Showed Rodgers talking about the upcoming season, Beale talking about the upcoming season and the new VAR specific official talking about changes being brought in. Other teams left out completely. Think they’ve got a focus on the league today, but it’s laughable what attention our league gets. It’s never in a million years a UK broadcaster.

There is a preview show on Sky Sports at 18:30, as mentioned above, no doubt that will consist of 10mins each on the two uglies, an ad break and then about five mins on everyone else.

buzzbomb1958
2 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Has anyone looked at flight times from Costa Rica yet?

There’s no need there is a portal in Costa coffee at Heriot Watt , flash of light and he arrives , watch this space 😂😂😂

Edited by buzzbomb1958

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

Think we should temper expectations on the goals front, he’s never been prolific, but he’s very much a modern forward in that he’s more there to cause chaos and stretch defences leaving space for others to go into and exploit.

But yes, anything less than a hattrick is going to be disappointing…

Shankland only got 5 in Belgium, Rudi didnt really score that many away from Hearts. 

Perhaps some Tynecastle thunder will help him. On the road is where the goals need to come though, real difference maker

AllyjamboDerbyshire
6 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

While you're arguing semantics over "Tora" you seem to be completely oblivious to the background of the image.

The Imperial rising sun flag is considered deeply offensive in many Asian countries (Korea, China, Philippines and so on) and IS in fact comparable to a swastika by victims of imperial wartime Japan 👍

The tora part is irrelevant.

I now realise my mistake and only picked up on the Tora Tora Tora and the rest didn't click. On reading the post that mentioned swastikas my immediate thoughts were that it was comparing these words to the swastika. Best to leave it here now, with my apologies. 

Portable Badger
1 minute ago, TexasAndy said:

As I have already said that's the specific Hearts page you have to drill in to.  Anyone not a Hearts fan would not read this

Is on the Scotland football front page along with an article about the Hearts Mgt structure of Naismith & McAvoy. The article I posted does say it’s from the Hearts page but I copied it from the front page of the Scotland section

Lord Beni of Gorgie

As I have already said that's the specific Hearts page you have to drill in to.  Anyone not a Hearts fan would not read this

No its on the front page, 2 Hearts articles and 2 Hibs in there, dont think we can call bias :lol:

image.thumb.png.317d7367c6e69cbfebb987845fbc3f77.png

Portable Badger
7 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

2 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

No its on the front page, 2 Hearts articles and 2 Hibs in there, dont think we can call bias :lol:

image.thumb.png.317d7367c6e69cbfebb987845fbc3f77.png

Thanks - was about to post the same

ColinSmith1255
6 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

I now realise my mistake and only picked up on the Tora Tora Tora and the rest didn't click. On reading the post that mentioned swastikas my immediate thoughts were that it was comparing these words to the swastika. Best to leave it here now, with my apologies. 

👍

8 hours ago, weegie jambo said:

I'll wager there's no Jambo living who remembers that period of time either. A terrible event in history that should be left there!

If we don’t remember the terrible periods in history, they will be allowed to happen again. You can’t just ban people from talking about it.

BackOfTheNet
10 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Shankland only got 5 in Belgium, Rudi didnt really score that many away from Hearts. 

Perhaps some Tynecastle thunder will help him. On the road is where the goals need to come though, real difference maker

He has the attributes so can certainly see it. I’m just saying fans shouldn’t pin ‘goalscorer’ expectations on him. It would be unfair.

Ricardo Quaresma
4 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

If we don’t remember the terrible periods in history, they will be allowed to happen again. You can’t just ban people from talking about it.

It's well off topic, so they can; I've already asked for the guff to be removed, but there's more guff now

Edit: a thread ban, not a full ban 🙃

-

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Thread*** Offiah signs on loan