*** Hearts Summer Transfer Thread*** Offiah signs on loan

Selkirkhmfc1874

Batistuta87
15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

When he plays, VAR would see him blocking some wee guys view in the stand most weeks. 

🤣🤣🤣

• Replies 36.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Batistuta87

• BackOfTheNet

• Sooks

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Really? I’m of the opinion that a reality check was needed at board level and they got it. 

I know someone who works for the club in a senior capacity personally and she told me that when Naismith took the reins even temporarily things changed behind the scenes in a big way. 

I get you need to be a wee bit cagey but can you elaborate on that at all?

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

It all sounds positive and highly  professional and that is an impression that SN always gives out.  On the flip side it sounds like he thought it was amateur hour with his predecessors which perhaps shouldn’t surprise us given the way things ended up. 

I wouldn't say Neilson sounded amateurish. In my opinion he always used big words trying to overcomplicate things - much like the way he tried to get his teams (over)playing.

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I get you need to be a wee bit cagey but can you elaborate on that at all?

Perhaps “she” was enough elaboration!  A “they” would perhaps have been more appropriate in the circumstances!

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Perhaps “she” was enough elaboration!  A “they” would perhaps have been more appropriate in the circumstances!

yep. 👍🏻

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I wouldn't say Neilson sounded amateurish. In my opinion he always used big words trying to overcomplicate things - much like the way he tried to get his teams (over)playing.

I was meaning SN appears to be implying that.  Of course he was used to playing at a higher level with greater resources, etc so I’m sure he would have been more pampered as a player than RN but certainly looks like he wants to do things differently.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, FionaHmfc said:

The communication over everything from the club has been appalling this summer. Hardly any news or interaction at all. Compare it with Alan Burrows (ex Motherwell chief executive, now at Aberdeen) who is regularly interacting with fans on social media, and it’s night and day. Aberdeen fans loving having someone who is easily accessible and approachable online. Whereas we seem to have a sponsored silenced from all at the club. 

But yet we have sold season tickets out while Burrows and Cormack have to beg

A_A wehatethehibs

So if fellani is the top target. that means Naismiths breath of fresh air revolutionary tactics is… launch it to a big target man ? 

Portable Badger
51 minutes ago, Gordon_1874 said:

I see that Japanese lad we were supposedly interested in signing has just scored for Nurnberg against Arsenal.

👍🏻 Thanks. Tsunami of club criticism about to hit JKB any time soon.......

I've just had a quick look at 3/4 of the other clubs Twitter accounts. There is absolutely nothing on there that we don't do other than Bournemouth putting 4 past hibs today 

HeartsandonlyHearts
4 minutes ago, bazman said:

I've just had a quick look at 3/4 of the other clubs Twitter accounts. There is absolutely nothing on there that we don't do other than Bournemouth putting 4 past hibs today 

Finally a good story on this thread.

The #obos getting their butts kicked is always pleasing.

5 minutes ago, bazman said:

Naisys Tackle
19 minutes ago, bazman said:

And when played the other day we had to get most updates off the Plymouth account.

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

Joe Savage will no doubt do his podcast rounds telling us what his vision is, again.

There is that yeah.

davemclaren
25 minutes ago, bazman said:

4 past Hibs.  Good to hear. 

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

In optimistic mode, Fridays quite often are days when we announce things, so you never know.

😄 Here's hoping. 🥸

5 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

And when played the other day we had to get most updates off the Plymouth account.

They tweeted 17 times during the game, an average of one update every 5 minutes.

Not sure how much more you need for a pre-season friendly.

8 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

Tomorrow is 100% the day.

Sure you’ve said that 4 or 5 times already on here. 

Just now, jr ewing said:

Loans can be complicated. Waiting for clubs to decide who they're keeping 🤔 

Yeah get that with loans especially from down south. 

5 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Did you not say that the other day then disappear 

I mixed my days up, I thought it was Thursday when I posted that.

Portable Badger
9 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

In optimistic mode, Fridays quite often are days when we announce things, so you never know.

More likely to be three weeks Friday before we hear tbh

1 minute ago, PapaShango said:

Sure you’ve said that 4 or 5 times already on here. 

I'll keep saying it then I will be right when we do get someone and everyone will think I'm ITK to the workings of our recruitment team.

Naisys Tackle
6 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

I think it’s quite sad to be honest. Do folk not have anything else going on in their lives tht they need an hourly update from a football club about absolutely nothing?

Looks like Hearts twitter posted 4 times yesterday. Couple of times today. What exactly is it you want to know about so badly?

I'm not fussed - it's not for me - but there's a market out there for it. 

Me personally?  Nothing.  Others?  Plenty it seems. 

Videos?  Competitions?  Player interviews?  **** knows thats why media teams are paid.

Naisys Tackle
6 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

They tweeted 17 times during the game, an average of one update every 5 minutes.

Not sure how much more you need for a pre-season friendly.

Plymouth were more up to date.  They done more for their support.  Check our match day thread.  It's a fact.

tokyowalnut

😄 Millions of people around the world are not interested in what Tweets Hearts post! That’s up there with some of the most ludicrous posts on this thread, that’s saying something!

For my tuppence worth, there will be signings announced at the start of next week. Kicking our heels (fans, not the club) over the weekend, I think!!

Captain Canada

We've got contacts at Everton, Brighton, Bournemouth, Norwich, Brentford and Preston to name a few. 

I'm surprised we've not seen a loan signing or two yet from any of those clubs. 

Toxteth O'Grady

I remember when there weren’t any internet rumours and you had to rely on the papers or the boards outside the paper shops.

Going to work one day I saw a board outside a shop saying we were signing Stan Colymore. That was shite too

This thread is absolutely stinking, if people don’t realise that something is going on behind the scenes, then they never will. Something is very wrong here. This is not normal.

3 minutes ago, JamboPete said:

This thread is absolutely stinking, if people don’t realise that something is going on behind the scenes, then they never will. Something is very wrong here. This is not normal.

I would agree. Naisy says need 3-6 players and no sign of any. Only outgoings. 

2 hours ago, Gordon_1874 said:

I see that Japanese lad we were supposedly interested in signing has just scored for Nurnberg against Arsenal.

I think we’re too ambitious for the budget we have. I’m sure there’s lots going on in the background that we don’t know about but missing out on players because we just can’t match the wages of teams down south. We’ll pad our squad out with a few loanees in the next few weeks. That’ll stop the masses baying for the clubs claret. 

Personally, I’m more peeved about not getting down to Wigan this Sunday for a jolly boys outing or a decent away day before the 30th 

Back to 2005
1 minute ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Be interesting if true. 

It wasn’t true this morning and still not true now. 

Aussie Jambo
Just now, Back to 2005 said:

😂😂👍

RustyRightPeg
7 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

🤣🤣

4 hours ago, jbee647 said:

It was tounge in cheek, but I have to admit as time passes, season by season, the people in charge at the top of the club show time and time again the football side of the club is not in the best hands, there lack of knowledge with regards to the football side of the organisation shows time and time again.

Since Anne Budge took charge in 2014 the inconsistency in the playing side is enough to give us whiplash, by my reckoning we have had two decent seasons in that period 2015/16 and 2021/22, please don’t quote, “that’s the Hearts way” never has the club been more financially stable in my lifetime (60 years) than it is now, we should be doing better, but time and time again in the last 10 years the football department is severely lacking 

I've jokingly said the 'next' manager is already sitting along the corridor, whoever that might be!

There is no way our next 'best' manager is always conveniently/ cheaply to hand! Quite frankly it looks amateur!

I'm all for Naisy by the way, but he was convenient/ cheap. I hope he is (in charge) and being fully supported in rebuilding the squad his way. If we get off to a shocker the machinations will ensure the unrest shines through quickly....the board don't get cut any slack at all if this goes tits up in my mind!

35 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

I think we’re too ambitious for the budget we have. I’m sure there’s lots going on in the background that we don’t know about but missing out on players because we just can’t match the wages of teams down south. We’ll pad our squad out with a few loanees in the next few weeks. That’ll stop the masses baying for the clubs claret. 

I think there’s some truth in this. 

One of the few concrete targets that ended up in the public domain was Silvera. We were competing against a Middlesbrough team that will be targeting promotion to the EPL. 

That shows both the level of ambition and the scale of the challenge. 

It is a very narrow target area between the players who aren’t good enough and the players we can’t afford. 

The OF can pay over the odds for Championship grade players in the knowledge exposure the Champions League will add enough value to the better ones to cover the cost. The rest of the league are either buying cheap shite or maxing out their credit cards or both. 

Lots of folk come on here and moan about the likes of Devlin and McKay - but the level up from them should be able to earn five figures a week easily.

Finding the folk that are, but don’t know they are, that good yet will be tricky. 

Everyone is increasingly using the same data to identify players and we are stuck with the double glass ceiling of the Scottish TV deal and the OF stranglehold on our game. When the market sets the prices internationally for the known commodities, this is a massive handicap. 

There will be a lot of failed attempts before we get hits. 

Prepared to be patient for now as a result.

Edited by CMc

johnking123

I see blackpool have sold a striker for over a couple of million. Wonder if the will come in for sibbick.

1 hour ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Listen I was trying to make the point that social media interaction plays a massive part for football clubs these days and we could perhaps be better on that front.  I never got that across properly.

We sign someone nobody will give a **** eh.

Have a good night. 

Get yourself onto TikTok mate - Hearts admin producing the goods. Twitter and FB are for signposting the website :thumbsup:

Batistuta87
16 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

I see blackpool have sold a striker for over a couple of million. Wonder if the will come in for sibbick.

Will take most of the £2M or so they got for him for us to sell I would think. £1.5M bare minimum. 

Mr Elwood P

Savage must be sweating. He was under pressure already due to the last two windows. If we wait until into August to make these signings and then they don't live up to expectations....

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I genuinely don’t understand it.

Had Neilson still been manager the vast majority of current pacifists on here would be going tonto.

At the end of the day last summer’s transfer window was mediocre at best. The most successful signing was Shankland and he was clearly Robbie’s choice and still took weeks to get in.

January was a disaster and we haven’t signed anyone since, but we have lost our only pacy striker - who, for example, when he didn’t play against Hibs showed how shite we are up top without that pace.

We have a new management committee, with whom we are tying ourself in knots over for the sake of two Euro games we will clearly lose simply to get a completely unproven rookie manager in, but that even with a good wind behind them are apparently trying to implement a new style of play - and people are sitting back apparently smoking some form of wacky baccy saying it isn’t that important at all to get new signings in asap so they can start to gel with this new playing style.

And I’m the one told to go eat some grass?

This against a backdrop of a squad of players in respect of which there were major bust ups and fall outs last season. And let’s not pretend it was just all down to Snodgrass. They are also players who effectively downed tools for at least 6 games to get a manager sacked, can’t win away from home and couldn’t win their last two games against a really shite Hibs team.

Pre season games are few and far between and half of them seem to be shrouded in secrecy.

And I’m the fall guy for suggesting this isn’t quite right.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

16 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Will take most of the £2M or so they got for him for us to sell I would think. £1.5M bare minimum. 

Anything over 700k and I'd rip their hand off. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Thread*** Offiah signs on loan