*** Hearts Summer Transfer Thread*** Offiah signs on loan

Selkirkhmfc1874

19 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

I am kind of in this boat in that there seems to be a distance between the club and the fans just now.

There seems to be so little communication at the moment from the club and imo it's causing a lot of uncertainty in the fan base and obviously divisions between the fans themselves as can be seen on here.

A fan owned club with little fan engagement.

• Replies 36.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Batistuta87

• BackOfTheNet

• Sooks

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, Tenor said:

I’d rather we waited until the end of the window if it meant we got the right players in, rather than rushing shite signings simply to appease the fans!

Nothing to do with the end of the window for me it’s the first game of the season we should be gearing up for. Between that game and the window closing we could be out of Europe and and 4 league games into the new term. We have 3 weeks to get 3/4 players in. What if shankland gets injured we have nothing else up front it’s concerning to say the least !

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

We'll end up with 3 loan and one permanent. Sigh*

Wouldnt have a problem at that if they are the required quality tbh.

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Naisys Tackle said:

We have had 6 months sound players out to bring in.  The club must have been working on it for months.  To not have a single player signed yet is pretty poor.  It's not a disaster but after January which left the squad stranded and partially depleted it's pretty poor.   

I also didn’t say I was happy with the situation. I just don’t believe we should be panicking yet. 6 months is also up for debate too because the Naismith way of playing compared to the Neilson way of playing are completely different. The shortlists of players won’t be the same, that’s a given. 

By all accounts the youngsters have been doing very well thus far in pre season and they’re quite exciting. Whether they’re all up to the levels we need yet remains to be seen. 

The communication over everything from the club has been appalling this summer. Hardly any news or interaction at all. Compare it with Alan Burrows (ex Motherwell chief executive, now at Aberdeen) who is regularly interacting with fans on social media, and it’s night and day. Aberdeen fans loving having someone who is easily accessible and approachable online. Whereas we seem to have a sponsored silenced from all at the club. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 minute ago, allymonty said:

We're the only club in the entire country that has a real stake in the club through the Foundation. Yes we're 'fan owned and not fan run' but we must have the best avenue to raise concerns via the Foundation reps on the board than any or club. Not saying that's the way to go but I feel strongly that there's too many fans on here accepting the situation and I personally don't think it's good enough.

So, just because we're fan owned you think we should be signing players just because we're fan owned. I'm accepting the situation in the full knowledge that all the shouting I might do on here will achieve nothing. Doesn't mean I'll be happy if we don't sign a number of quality players, but there seems to be a number of angry people on here angry at the people who are not angry because they're not getting angry.

Another question for you. What level of anger on JKB do you think we have to reach for it to make Hearts put in a greater effort on the signing front?

RustyRightPeg
Just now, FionaHmfc said:

The communication over everything from the club has been appalling this summer. Hardly any news or interaction at all. Compare it with Alan Burrows (ex Motherwell chief executive, now at Aberdeen) who is regularly interacting with fans on social media, and it’s night and day. Aberdeen fans loving having someone who is easily accessible and approachable online. Whereas we seem to have a sponsored silenced from all at the club. 

99.999% of football clubs are no different to us. 

3 minutes ago, FionaHmfc said:

He just wants to be constantly heard same as their chief exec. Would much rather the people who run us weren’t commenting all over social media.

manaliveits105
Just now, biffy said:

He just wants to be constantly heard same as their chief exec. Would much rather the people who run us weren’t commenting all over social media.

Exactly 

Naisys Tackle
5 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I also didn’t say I was happy with the situation. I just don’t believe we should be panicking yet. 6 months is also up for debate too because the Naismith way of playing compared to the Neilson way of playing are completely different. The shortlists of players won’t be the same, that’s a given. 

By all accounts the youngsters have been doing very well thus far in pre season and they’re quite exciting. Whether they’re all up to the levels we need yet remains to be seen. 

We have brought Naismith in permanently presumably because he suited our set up a lot more.   That would have included recruitment.  Other teams with new managers manage it also.   Seems too much a convenient excuse for me considering January and even last summer that hardly was perfect.   I think the shortlist wont have changed much.  See Aberdeen as an example.  Same as Motherwell and even Celtic. 

I'm not panicking either, we have a strong squad with glaring holes but theres a lot of time left.  Ideally they would be in to prepare by now but hey ho.  Not gonna rip others for being more anxious though.

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, biffy said:

Why?

Byyy The Light
6 minutes ago, FionaHmfc said:

Id rather the chief exec got on with running the club than pissing about on social media.

Ricardo Quaresma
6 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

So, just because we're fan owned you think we should be signing players just because we're fan owned. I'm accepting the situation in the full knowledge that all the shouting I might do on here will achieve nothing. Doesn't mean I'll be happy if we don't sign a number of quality players, but there seems to be a number of angry people on here angry at the people who are not angry because they're not getting angry.

Another question for you. What level of anger on JKB do you think we have to reach for it to make Hearts put in a greater effort on the signing front?

That's easy; a poll asking who tf should gtf

Legend Claws
2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

It's ****ing ridiculous. How dare the club try and make some money. 

The bare cheek of it all.

7 minutes ago, FionaHmfc said:

100% agree with you the communication has been shocking. Just about every time the social media post anything it’s to get more money out of us. Season tickets new strips now they’re trying to sell us corporate packages. !!!

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, Spongebob said:

100% agree with you the communication has been shocking. Just about every time the social media post anything it’s to get more money out of us. Season tickets new strips now they’re trying to sell us corporate packages. !!!

er...what are you wanting them to post instead.

Also had a look at the Hearts twitter account, since Saturday there has only been one tweet trying to get money out of us. The rest is tweets or retweets about the first team, b team and the open training session (which is free.)

Edited by jamboinglasgow

17 minutes ago, FionaHmfc said:

Burrows is riding a wave at the minute. New in and they finish 3rd. He can do no wrong.

Just wait until it goes tits up for them and we will see where he is.

Not sure what kind of comms grown adults seem to need from a football team in pre season. Season tickets, friendly matches, hospitality - we've done all that. 

Toxteth O'Grady
22 minutes ago, FionaHmfc said:

You can’t argue with this. It took weeks to concoct a story about the management/coaching trio and there hadsnt been much else of substance and little or no sign of any attempts of player recruitment.

The woman’s team and a Hotel in Gorgie seems to be the priority despite it being an unproven way of making money.

Edited by Toxteth O'Grady

Fan owned club 👍

We don’t need to know what’s going on in the background 👍

We absolutely need to know that the club is moving forward after years (Levein ,Bob) of awful mismanagement.Blind optimism is kind of our thing but the need to add quality is *** glaring.

24 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Just double checked and this is a Hearts forum and I'm in the transfer thread, phew! What do you expect us to do on here? It's for talking about transfers, and as there's none to talk about folk are well within their rights to ask why? I believe we are the only club in the league yet to make a signing? What makes us special? Do you really believe that we have some magic strategy to bring in amazing players later in the window that no other club has thought of?

I'm actually not seeing anger on here at all, I'm seeing frustration. Frustration at the lack of communication from the club and frustration at the lack of signings. 

Byyy The Light
7 minutes ago, Homme said:

Burrows is riding a wave at the minute. New in and they finish 3rd. He can do no wrong.

Not sure what kind of comms grown adults seem to need from a football team in pre season. Season tickets, friendly matches, hospitality - we've done all that. 

Exactly this. 

Naisys Tackle
Just now, allymonty said:

Just double checked and this is a Hearts forum and I'm in the transfer thread, phew! What do you expect us to do on here? It's for talking about transfers, and as there's none to talk about folk are well within their rights to ask why? I believe we are the only club in the league yet to make a signing? What makes us special? Do you really believe that we have some magic strategy to bring in amazing players later in the window that no other club has thought of?

I'm actually not seeing anger on here at all, I'm seeing frustration. Frustration at the lack of communication from the club and frustration at the lack of signings. 

The angers more from the posters calling others names and accusing people of wetting the bed imo.   

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Byyy The Light said:

Exactly this. 

Plenty of teams have increased their social media communications to supporters to even an hourly basis these days.  It seems theres millions if not billions of grown adults who would love to hear from the club they support as much as possible - let alone a club that is owned by they supporters. 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Homme said:

Don’t forget the training day at Tynie because we were so late trying to organise a friendly we couldn’t find anyone to play 😆

1 hour ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Will we ever sign anyone ever again? 

Nope. Current squad play til death. Then put the shutters up. 

Fortunately, Craig will still be picking them out of the top corner after four hip replacements and double cornea transplants. 

So we’re good until 2080. 

Edited by CMc

Mr Elwood P
11 minutes ago, stevie said:

Fan owned club 👍

We absolutely need to know that the club is moving forward after years (Levein ,Bob) of awful mismanagement.Blind optimism is kind of our thing but the need to add quality is *** glaring.

Neilson took us from the Scottish Championship to the UEFA Conference Group stages. How much further forward did you expect us to go? A really horrible entitled brattiness amongst our support ...

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

You can’t argue with this. It took weeks to concoct a story about the management/coaching trio and there hadsnt been much else of substance and little or no sign of any attempts of player recruitment.

The woman’s team and a Hotel in Gorgie seems to be the priority despite it being an unproven way of making money.

Fair point about the hotel, have my doubts as a resident of Gorgie, and whether it’s much of a money spinner,  to help us sign someone, when all said and done. 

1 hour ago, Naisys Tackle said:

He has a good good few games at one point at the start/mid last season and was one of our better performers.  I don't think hes anywhere as bad a people make out really.

What games were those then?

Toxteth O'Grady
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Fair point about the hotel, have my doubts as a resident of Gorgie, and whether it’s much of a money spinner,  to help us sign someone, when all said and done. 

Aye I’m struggling to imagine the clientele. Tourists on a budget  will have better options nearer town at the likes of the Moxy or Hampton at Fountainbridge and the high end punters have traditional options right in town.

Finlay James
1 hour ago, Jambo92 said:

reality is, we're not signing the targets we want.. so our targets are either unrealistic or our negotiation is crap - both scenarios don't give a great image for Savage.

Even in recent times when things have been tighter there's been some chat amongst press about signings who are pretty much over the line - the fact there's not even a peep says to me that we're still far off even getting someone in the door.

All in all, imo we're on course for a crap start to season followed by McAvoy and Naismith getting there jotters and 25 statements from Budge about how she's gonna do things differently going forward. 

The irony is that you started your post with ‘in reality’ but yet it was full of your own opinions and predictions and I suspect, wishes.

RustyRightPeg
34 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

We have brought Naismith in permanently presumably because he suited our set up a lot more.   That would have included recruitment.  Other teams with new managers manage it also.   Seems too much a convenient excuse for me considering January and even last summer that hardly was perfect.   I think the shortlist wont have changed much.  See Aberdeen as an example.  Same as Motherwell and even Celtic. 

I'm not panicking either, we have a strong squad with glaring holes but theres a lot of time left.  Ideally they would be in to prepare by now but hey ho.  Not gonna rip others for being more anxious though.

I’d argue the opposite. Naismith will have seen how poorly the last two windows went as he was in the club. 

Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s asked for a total shake up as part of the assurances of taking the job. 

That includes who and how we identify. 

Captain Canada

The trouble with signing people now or in a few weeks is that they may not be up to speed in terms of fitness. 

Also, they'll be behind everyone else in understanding the tactics and how we want to play. It's much easier to learn and adapt in pre-season games than it is once the season's started properly.

As much as I agreed with the decision, punting your manager so close to the season ending and confirming the new set up many weeks later is bound to have a knock-on effect. 

Edited by Captain Canada

24 minutes ago, stevie said:

Fan owned club 👍

Hardly years of mismanagement. Neilson returned and within two seasons had taken us from the Championship to the UEFA Conference League. Second half of last season was bad but the previous two were hardly mismanagement. Your posts lose credibility when you ignore the obvious. 

Edited by soonbe110

58 minutes ago, Spookie said:

For whatever reason it is poor from the club that with 3 weeks till the 1st league game there have been no signings 

Sugar coat it all you want 

But it’s signing players. I can kinda agree re pre-contracts but even then we don’t know much. A Shankland or Beni in the bush is worth 178 turds in the hand 

4 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Not seeing much of that, but am seeing people called pant wetters, panic-ers and hubz fans and the rest for expressing their concerns

It’s there 

3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I’d argue the opposite. Naismith will have seen how poorly the last two windows went as he was in the club. 

Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s asked for a total shake up as part of the assurances of taking the job. 

Hopefully that’s the reason for the inactivity.  I’d hate to think we haven’t really changed our targets or strategies and they are just not working. 

Robbo-Jambo
17 minutes ago, allymonty said:

Your last paragraph is spot on.

Plenty communication about the women's team though.

Communication or lack of it is not good for club/fan relations imo.

Gordon_1874

I see that Japanese lad we were supposedly interested in signing has just scored for Nurnberg against Arsenal.

Naisys Tackle
9 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Nah.  Dont agree tbh.  We have went safe and steady to not change much.  Our CEO said the windows were extremely successful in that Interview.  Cant see Naisy telling him there were shite they given the role. 

Naisys Tackle
16 minutes ago, briever said:

What games were those then?

Ross County away and the 3-0 home derby.

Naisys Tackle
6 minutes ago, Gordon_1874 said:

I see that Japanese lad we were supposedly interested in signing has just scored for Nurnberg against Arsenal.

Wait until you see the goal :rofl:

Fozzyonthefence
9 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Neilson took us from the Scottish Championship to the UEFA Conference Group stages. How much further forward did you expect us to go? A really horrible entitled brattiness amongst our support ...

Technically you’re right but it would be nice to qualify for group stages the traditional way, winning football matches rather than losing them and relying on Rangers achievements.  

You’re basically giving Neilson credit for what Rangers did for the Scottish coefficient. We got demoted to the Conference group stages for being pish and losing home and away to a team bottom of the Swiss league.  If we qualify for the Europa group stages this year that will be a far, far greater achievement (very unlikely, I know). 

RustyRightPeg
5 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Nah.  Dont agree tbh.  We have went safe and steady to not change much.  Our CEO said the windows were extremely successful in that Interview.  Cant see Naisy telling him there were shite they given the role. 

Really? I’m of the opinion that a reality check was needed at board level and they got it. 

I know someone who works for the club in a senior capacity personally and she told me that when Naismith took the reins even temporarily things changed behind the scenes in a big way. 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Really? I’m of the opinion that a reality check was needed at board level and they got it. 

I know someone who works for the club in a senior capacity personally and she told me that when Naismith took the reins even temporarily things changed behind the scenes in a big way. 

Cool - perhaps.   Bloody hope so tbh.

Batistuta87

Fellaini for a year would dae me btw. Would burst a few noses in the derby and would score some amount of headers. His strength and his hold up play from long balls would make him unplayable up here in the right games. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Fellaini for a year would dae me btw. Would burst a few noses in the derby and would score some amount of headers. His strength and his hold up play from long balls would make him unplayable up here in the right games. 

When he plays, VAR would see him blocking some wee guys view in the stand most weeks. 

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Technically you’re right but it would be nice to qualify for group stages the traditional way, winning football matches rather than losing them and relying on Rangers achievements.  

You’re basically giving Neilson credit for what Rangers did for the Scottish coefficient. We got demoted to the Conference group stages for being pish and losing home and away to a team bottom of the Swiss league.  If we qualify for the Europa group stages this year that will be a far, far greater achievement (very unlikely, I know). 

Fair point. 

jamboinglasgow
6 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

thats good to hear.

One thing I found interesting in his interview a few weeks back is how he talked about how they have changed things at the Oriam. He said that the changes meant they can improve, prepare properly and spend more time as one group. I would love to know what they changed (though I saw a few weeks back they were hiring new chefs and servers for Riccarton so imagine part is players eating more at the training ground together.) But it does seem to match the desire to be more professional, and perhaps these changes are to stop cliques forming which there were rumours to be under Neilson, certainly towards the end.

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

thats good to hear.

One thing I found interesting in his interview a few weeks back is how he talked about how they have changed things at the Oriam. He said that the changes meant they can improve, prepare properly and spend more time as one group. I would love to know what they changed (though I saw a few weeks back they were hiring new chefs and servers for Riccarton so imagine part is players eating more at the training ground together.) But it does seem to match the desire to be more professional, and perhaps these changes are to stop cliques forming which there were rumours to be under Neilson, certainly towards the end.

It all sounds positive and highly  professional and that is an impression that SN always gives out.  On the flip side it sounds like he thought it was amateur hour with his predecessors which perhaps shouldn’t surprise us given the way things ended up. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Thread*** Offiah signs on loan