*** Hearts Summer Transfer Thread*** Offiah signs on loan

Selkirkhmfc1874

No leaks, no players, no rumours. Just Hearts tartan shortbread tins, with 15% off.

Nae shortbread in them either, just the tins ffs!!

• Replies 36.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Batistuta87

• BackOfTheNet

• Sooks

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mr Elwood P
9 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

Tight run ship nowadays.

Virtually no leaks the last few windows.

Journos were relying on papers in other countries we were buying from getting the info first from the selling team.

Doubt we'll know much till they are almost or are actually over the line 

All three targets we failed to get made it into the press so it's not that tight a ship. Just no news as nothing is that close ....

Edited by Mr Elwood P

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Ah the old “missing out on targets and signing no-one makes us a tight ship” propaganda routine.

:jjyay:

Serious question. For those posters who think this is fine and we all need to be more patient....when does that change for you? 2 weeks to go and no signings? 1 week? 

12 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Even more unbelievable than it yesterday? Or even on Tuesday?

Yip by each passing day it gets more unbelievable 😁

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, allymonty said:

Serious question. For those posters who think this is fine and we all need to be more patient....when does that change for you? 2 weeks to go and no signings? 1 week? 

It's frustrating there's no doubt about that, it's been a weird summer but best to wait and judge on 1st September when window shut.

12 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Ah the old “missing out on targets and signing no-one makes us a tight ship” propaganda routine.

:jjyay:

Always an excuse. You'll find plenty of them on here. 

17 minutes ago, Schevchenko said:

Bradford fans love Walker, they call him 'Jimmy the ****' cos he always leaves a foot in 🤣

I said to my mate about his attitude/ speed/ no tracking back, he said he's their best player so they leave him up an don't ask him to track back, fair doo's I suppose.  I honestly liked him an also hope he does well, but I wouldn't have him back.

He should be playing at a higher level than league 2. I liked him in his first spell with us but like most of our youngsters they don't live up to potential. At least he's found a club that plays to his strengths.

19 minutes ago, Schevchenko said:

Bradford fans love Walker, they call him 'Jimmy the ****' cos he always leaves a foot in 🤣

I said to my mate about his attitude/ speed/ no tracking back, he said he's their best player so they leave him up an don't ask him to track back, fair doo's I suppose.  I honestly liked him an also hope he does well, but I wouldn't have him back.

Other nickname for Walker at Bradford is “Bagpipe Messi”.

Watched an interview with him recently and seems his family is settled in Bradford. Given the chance I think he’ll happily see out his career with them. 

kingantti1874
14 minutes ago, allymonty said:

I don’t think it’s ideal at all. But there’s zero point in wetting your knickers over it is there .  It’s not going to achieve anything at all

Cameronstheman

It was the same last yr, im happy enough to see what pans out, but no doubt in the minority  here  

Naisys Tackle
1 hour ago, briever said:

Halliday was pretty anonymous last season - still living off the back of the tail end of 21/22 season.

Having players like him in our squad probably says more about the ambition of the club than anything.

He has a good good few games at one point at the start/mid last season and was one of our better performers.  I don't think hes anywhere as bad a people make out really.

24 minutes ago, allymonty said:

If we don’t make any signings this window  👍

Naisys Tackle
9 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

It was the same last yr, im happy enough to see what pans out, but no doubt in the minority  here  

Last year wasnt good enough.

pettigrewsstylist
28 minutes ago, allymonty said:

First 5 corners of the season when the free headers are bursting the net 😬😶

jamboinglasgow
30 minutes ago, allymonty said:

So you are worried now, what do you suggest doing about it then? As it feels that people who are worried about it are just posting here that they are worried about it, doesn't seem to be a way to change things.

As for what you say. If we have signed no one by the start of the season, then there will be some concern but not panic. If by the end if of the window no one has signed then there will be serious concern.

15 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I don’t think it’s ideal at all. But there’s zero point in wetting your knickers over it is there .  It’s not going to achieve anything at all

Ah the old wet pants chat, good stuff. I'm just genuinely curious as to why there seems to be this split on here between folk who think it's fine and everyone else is panicking and those who are dissapointed we have yet to make a signing.

5 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

If we don’t make any signings this window  👍

That seems like an awfully low bar set for a club like ours. Literally you will only be dissapointed if we make 0 signings? Feels like all the chat from Joe and Andrew McKinley etc... is that we are building towards something great, pushing the top two, regularly competing in Europe etc.... 1 or 2 signings doesn't get us there from the squad we currently have. I think we need at least 3 or 4 very good quality signings.

Just now, pettigrewsstylist said:

First 5 corners of the season when the free headers are bursting the net 😬😶

😀 

I’m now starting to get a little restless with no action.

Given the profile of Beni and Cochrane I think we should all be looking closely at players from top teams who are surplus to requirements. I think these players will be targeted primarily and might explain the delay in signing so far. Players that have nearly made it and fallen short or hit a glass ceiling because there are EPL class players already in the 1st team. These type of player need 1st team football to progress we have a proven track record of giving players a platform to make a successful career.

On top of this, Joe Savage has said player sales is an important part of his remit so these players give him and his team an opportunity to make big bucks if we can unlock the potential of a player just needing experience and a break.

Without injury I think Beni would have been sold already and provided the blueprint for others to follow. Simms has also shown what we can do for a young player who needs 1st team exposure.

So the question is... which EPL players are 20-23 and have almost made it at top teams but look like their teams will be willing to do them a favour and move then on to further their career elsewhere? Have clubs like Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton, Man City etc confirmed their squads list and when will they? Are we stockpiling cash to move when players become available?

Edited by washniklaw

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

So you are worried now, what do you suggest doing about it then? As it feels that people who are worried about it are just posting here that they are worried about it, doesn't seem to be a way to change things.

As for what you say. If we have signed no one by the start of the season, then there will be some concern but not panic. If by the end if of the window no one has signed then there will be serious concern.

Well you've kind of reached the same conculsion as I have really though. Surely the pressure from the fans has to be greater? It feels to me like the club is slightly out of touch right now and doesn't understand the concern of the fans. We all want to see better than the end to last season and to do that we need some good quality signings. They might come in the next few weeks but the longer it goes on without any news the less likely it is that we will have a strong enough squad come the start of the season.

RustyRightPeg
38 minutes ago, allymonty said:

When the window shuts and only then it we have no new signings will I question it. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

When the window shuts and only then it we have no new signings will I question it. 

:lol:

Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

As I said to the poster above I think that's a shockingly low bar for a club like ours. We should be building on the team we have and bringing in real quality signings. The fact that there are some fans that will only be dissapointed with 0 signings is worrying.

I’d rather we waited until the end of the window if it meant we got the right players in, rather than rushing shite signings simply to appease the fans!

AllyjamboDerbyshire
36 minutes ago, allymonty said:

Serious question for you. When we lose our patience, what is it you expect us to do to sort it out? 2 weeks, 1 week, 0 days left, and still there'll be nothing else to do but moan, incessantly, on here. You see, it won't make any difference when we lose our patience, if indeed it comes to that, for there's sod all we can do about it (unless you're advocating withdrawing our support for the club).

Francis Albert
9 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Posters on here are not responsible for recruitment.

But if just one signing is made there is no cause for serious concern? It will have to be a pretty impressive single signing.

Naisys Tackle
29 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Neither is some pretending that it's perfectly fine.

I won't be criticising the club until the window closes, why would I?

It's obviously a hard gig trying to get any sort of quality in with our budget, that's just the way it is. 

Celtic and Ramgers obviously will and Aberdeen and Hibs might feel they have, time will tell on that one.

No point getting all Leeds Utd till the quality of player we  have signed finally appears. 

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, allymonty said:

Well you've kind of reached the same conculsion as I have really though. Surely the pressure from the fans has to be greater? It feels to me like the club is slightly out of touch right now and doesn't understand the concern of the fans. We all want to see better than the end to last season and to do that we need some good quality signings. They might come in the next few weeks but the longer it goes on without any news the less likely it is that we will have a strong enough squad come the start of the season.

But all this worry is the fear that things are not right and the club are messing up. All this is based on no signings yet and other teams have made signings. People's view is usually based on their overall feeling about club, think the club is working well then the signings are coming and all be fine. Think the club is being poorly run, then this is a sign that no signings are happening and all is wrong. 

The club has a policy of not giving specifics away about signings to increase the chances of signings being successful. Which can be a problem for fans when things are very quiet and other clubs are signing players, that silence can sound like inactivity. The problem is that the only way the club can answer is "we are working on things behind the scenes and confident we will see new signings." Its vague which doesn't satisfy those worried.

What is important is by the end of the window we are stronger than the start. As long as we get that I am fine.

Robbo-Jambo
7 minutes ago, allymonty said:

I am kind of in this boat in that there seems to be a distance between the club and the fans just now.

There seems to be so little communication at the moment from the club and imo it's causing a lot of uncertainty in the fan base and obviously divisions between the fans themselves as can be seen on here.

43 minutes ago, dallan said:

Best time to judge is after a run of games and depending on how they go the postmortem will begin….

Best time to judge will be at the end of the season and see where we finish, then those in charge can convince the fan base a top six finish is a sign of success 

J.T.F.Robertson
9 minutes ago, Tenor said:

I’d rather we waited until the end of the window if it meant we got the right players in, rather than rushing shite signings simply to appease the fans!

As would I, so long as it's not the dregs we're left with.

coatbridgejambo
4 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

I am kind of in this boat in that there seems to be a distance between the club and the fans just now.

There seems to be so little communication at the moment from the club and imo it's causing a lot of uncertainty in the fan base and obviously divisions between the fans themselves as can be seen on here.

Spot on

RustyRightPeg
10 minutes ago, allymonty said:

As I said to the poster above I think that's a shockingly low bar for a club like ours. We should be building on the team we have and bringing in real quality signings. The fact that there are some fans that will only be dissapointed with 0 signings is worrying.

I didn’t say I’d only be disappointed with no signings. You asked when I'd become impatient or question what’s going on. 

I have no idea who the club are planning on signing. 

For all you and I know, this time next week we could have 4 high quality signings in and it’ll be 384 pages of shite for **** all. 

reality is, we're not signing the targets we want.. so our targets are either unrealistic or our negotiation is crap - both scenarios don't give a great image for Savage.

Even in recent times when things have been tighter there's been some chat amongst press about signings who are pretty much over the line - the fact there's not even a peep says to me that we're still far off even getting someone in the door.

All in all, imo we're on course for a crap start to season followed by McAvoy and Naismith getting there jotters and 25 statements from Budge about how she's gonna do things differently going forward. 

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Jambo92 said:

reality is, we're not signing the targets we want.. so our targets are either unrealistic or our negotiation is crap - both scenarios don't give a great image for Savage.

Even in recent times when things have been tighter there's been some chat amongst press about signings who are pretty much over the line - the fact there's not even a peep says to me that we're still far off even getting someone in the door.

All in all, imo we're on course for a crap start to season followed by McAvoy and Naismith getting there jotters and 25 statements from Budge about how she's gonna do things differently going forward. 

You have no idea that this is the case. 

Malinga the Swinga
6 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Neither is some pretending that it's perfectly fine.

Whose pretending everything is fine. I'd have loved to have signed few quality players by now but I'm not losing sleep we haven't.

Maybe you need to grow up and just let things happen and keep worries to what you can influence.

3 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Best time to judge will be at the end of the season and see where we finish, then those in charge can convince the fan base a top six finish is a sign of success 

You seem the 1st to have written off the next transfer window too!

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Whose pretending everything is fine. I'd have loved to have signed few quality players by now but I'm not losing sleep we haven't.

Maybe you need to grow up and just let things happen and keep worries to what you can influence.

Plenty of people. 

You are telling me to grow up when I'm not as remotely bothered as others.  It's not really good though is it? 

Some come on here and have a win/win, we signed someone then great if not they can use the opportunity to rip other posters on a daily basis.

For whatever reason it is poor from the club that with 3 weeks till the 1st league game there have been no signings 

Sugar coat it all you want 

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Spookie said:

For whatever reason it is poor from the club that with 3 weeks till the 1st league game there have been no signings 

Right and what happens if in a weeks time (2 weeks before the season starts) we have 3 or 4 bodies in are you still gonna be as fuming as you’ve been for the past couple of weeks?

Robbo-Jambo
2 minutes ago, Spookie said:

This, in a nutshell.

17 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Serious question for you. When we lose our patience, what is it you expect us to do to sort it out? 2 weeks, 1 week, 0 days left, and still there'll be nothing else to do but moan, incessantly, on here. You see, it won't make any difference when we lose our patience, if indeed it comes to that, for there's sod all we can do about it (unless you're advocating withdrawing our support for the club).

We're the only club in the entire country that has a real stake in the club through the Foundation. Yes we're 'fan owned and not fan run' but we must have the best avenue to raise concerns via the Foundation reps on the board than any or club. Not saying that's the way to go but I feel strongly that there's too many fans on here accepting the situation and I personally don't think it's good enough.

Naisys Tackle

Right and what happens if in a weeks time (2 weeks before the season starts) we have 3 or 4 bodies in are you still gonna be as fuming as you’ve been for the past couple of weeks?

Why would he be if that was to be the case?  if not the case are you gonna be more worried and a little fuming or just copy and paste the above for the next month?

11 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I didn’t say I’d only be disappointed with no signings. You asked when I'd become impatient or question what’s going on. 

I have no idea who the club are planning on signing. 

For all you and I know, this time next week we could have 4 high quality signings in and it’ll be 384 pages of shite for **** all. 

I hope that's the case! I can finally chill out about pre-season and enjoy the football when it's back 😂

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Why would he be if that was to be the case?  if not the case are you gonna be more worried and a little fuming or just copy and paste the above for the next month?

I’m not worried. 

I just can’t get my head round why people are saying it’s poor from the club. When else have they communicated when they’re gonna sign folk? 

3 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

You seem the 1st to have written off the next transfer window too!

It was tounge in cheek, but I have to admit as time passes, season by season, the people in charge at the top of the club show time and time again the football side of the club is not in the best hands, there lack of knowledge with regards to the football side of the organisation shows time and time again.

Since Anne Budge took charge in 2014 the inconsistency in the playing side is enough to give us whiplash, by my reckoning we have had two decent seasons in that period 2015/16 and 2021/22, please don’t quote, “that’s the Hearts way” never has the club been more financially stable in my lifetime (60 years) than it is now, we should be doing better, but time and time again in the last 10 years the football department is severely lacking 

Naisys Tackle

I’m not worried. 

I just can’t get my head round why people are saying it’s poor from the club. When else have they communicated when they’re gonna sign folk? 

We have had 6 months sound players out to bring in.  The club must have been working on it for months.  To not have a single player signed yet is pretty poor.  It's not a disaster but after January which left the squad stranded and partially depleted it's pretty poor.   

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Thread*** Offiah signs on loan