*** Hearts Summer Transfer Thread*** Offiah signs on loan

Selkirkhmfc1874

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Anything over 700k and I'd rip their hand off. 

Not sure we can afford to lose any more pace from our team ...

• Replies 36.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Batistuta87

• BackOfTheNet

• Sooks

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Not sure we can afford to lose any more pace from our team ...

Doesn't offer much else though. Could be a decent RB or Anchor man. 

Mr Elwood P
Just now, Cruyff said:

Doesn't offer much else though. Could be a decent RB or Anchor man. 

I think he's improving at CB. Definitely a change in performances with the fans behind him.

• Moderators

Yet again we've had to remove more posters for spamming or commenting on moderator actions. 

If your post is not directly related to this Summer transfer window then please post it elsewhere.

If you want to discuss social media presence, management structure or the hotel, please don't do it here.

Thanks

42 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I think he's improving at CB. Definitely a change in performances with the fans behind him.

He's too soft. 

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

He has too many bad habits to be a reliable centre back for me

Today's the day. 

Couple of signings in at lunchtime then parade them at the open training on Saturday.

Sibbick is 24 with all the attributes to be top class, he's made mistakes, so has every centre back on the planet, he'll be a major player this season, if we stay off he's back

27 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Today's the day. 

Couple of signings in at lunchtime then parade them at the open training on Saturday.

Hope one or them is Nakajima.

Imagine if we signed Nakajima and Fellaini!! Ooooooft if only.

1 hour ago, Lovecraft said:

Today's the day. 

Another week of waiting.......no thanks 

Jambo in Bathgate
3 hours ago, CMc said:

I think there’s some truth in this. 

One of the few concrete targets that ended up in the public domain was Silvera. We were competing against a Middlesbrough team that will be targeting promotion to the EPL. 

That shows both the level of ambition and the scale of the challenge. 

It is a very narrow target area between the players who aren’t good enough and the players we can’t afford. 

The OF can pay over the odds for Championship grade players in the knowledge exposure the Champions League will add enough value to the better ones to cover the cost. The rest of the league are either buying cheap shite or maxing out their credit cards or both. 

Lots of folk come on here and moan about the likes of Devlin and McKay - but the level up from them should be able to earn five figures a week easily.

Finding the folk that are, but don’t know they are, that good yet will be tricky. 

Everyone is increasingly using the same data to identify players and we are stuck with the double glass ceiling of the Scottish TV deal and the OF stranglehold on our game. When the market sets the prices internationally for the known commodities, this is a massive handicap. 

There will be a lot of failed attempts before we get hits. 

Prepared to be patient for now as a result.

Exactly 

I notice two trialist goalkeepers played for the b team. Anyone know who they were?

Edited by GinRummy

John Findlay
32 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I notice two trialist goalkeepers played for the b team. Anyone know who they were?

Triallist A and

Triallist B.😉

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

Triallist A and

Triallist B.😉

Amazed those two haven’t found a club yet. 😀

9 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Loans can be complicated. Waiting for clubs to decide who they're keeping 🤔 

If it is loan(s) that we’re looking at then another issue we may have is ‘playing time’ for the loanee(s). The parent club of any players will presumably be looking at our previous track record for playing loanee players. Whether the decision with regards to playing time for Kuol was right or wrong I’m not sure it has portrayed us a ‘club’ that can be depended upon to develop any said loanees. 
Whilst this would certainly NOT be a show stopper it could be decisive if the final decision for any said loanee was between 2 clubs. 

Portable Badger
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Think FF mentioned their names in the B Thread but I’m too lazy and it’s too early for me to be bothered to look if I’m honest 👍🏻

7 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

We have a new management committee, with whom we are tying ourself in knots over for the sake of two Euro games we will clearly lose simply to get a completely unproven rookie manager in, but that even with a good wind behind them are apparently trying to implement a new style of play - and people are sitting back apparently smoking some form of wacky baccy saying it isn’t that important at all to get new signings in asap so they can start to gel with this new playing style.

Playing devils advocate, maybe we are taking our time for that very reason, to actually sign players that naturally fit the way we want to play and therefor don't need time to gel with the system?? You know, instead of the old way of buying a no 10 and playing him as a defensive midfielder etc

Edited by Ribble

3 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

Think FF mentioned their names in the B Thread but I’m too lazy and it’s too early for me to be bothered to look if I’m honest 👍🏻

Cheers. Will have a look

36 minutes ago, PHSCAndy said:

If it is loan(s) that we’re looking at then another issue we may have is ‘playing time’ for the loanee(s). The parent club of any players will presumably be looking at our previous track record for playing loanee players. Whether the decision with regards to playing time for Kuol was right or wrong I’m not sure it has portrayed us a ‘club’ that can be depended upon to develop any said loanees. 
Whilst this would certainly NOT be a show stopper it could be decisive if the final decision for any said loanee was between 2 clubs. 

You've taken the worst example. Our track record with youths they'd want game time for is decent. Over the past 2 seasons:

James Hill started 13 of a possible 17 league games. 

Cochrane the year before played loads and we ended up signing him.

Simms played and got another loan on the back of his performances here.

Woodburn appeared in 28 league game (16 starts). Although I'd not say this was a successful loan still tbf

Have ignored Humphrys and Taylor Moore as they were a little older 

Edited by Torres

Portable Badger
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Cheers. Will have a look

I’m pretty sure it was that thread. I recall they were mentioned in a post - I can’t remember their names though. I’m sure at least one of them was released from an OF team if not both

As others have said , I would rather have a player that improves us on loan , than a poorer player on a permanent deal . Ideally you get the players you want on permanent deals obviously , but if you cant then surely people would always want the better player  

I dreamed last night that we'd signed Andy Robertson and he was going to play against Celtic. But it was one of those frustrating dreams where you wake up before the best bit so I don't know if he played from the start or what the score was.

Has anyone else had a dream where we actually signed someone and who was it?

8 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Today is the day. 

My feelings Indy 

Surely they can't let another weekend go by without at least 1 incoming 

6 minutes ago, Mister T said:

I dreamed last night that we'd signed Andy Robertson and he was going to play against Celtic. But it was one of those frustrating dreams where you wake up before the best bit so I don't know if he played from the start or what the score was.

I don't Dream, it sucks 

16 minutes ago, Sooks said:

As others have said , I would rather have a player that improves us on loan , than a poorer player on a permanent deal . Ideally you get the players you want on permanent deals obviously , but if you cant then surely people would always want the better player  

Agree its low risk, but on the down side they have a blinder I.e Simms and they head back and bigger clubs come calling 

Cochrane on the other hand was a great loan,  that worked and we turned into a permanent deal 👌 he'll eventually make us money the more he progresses 

Portable Badger
8 minutes ago, Spookie said:

My feelings Indy 

Surely they can't let another weekend go by without at least 1 incoming 

Sure they can & will

5 minutes ago, Spookie said:

Agree its low risk, but on the down side they have a blinder I.e Simms and they head back and bigger clubs come calling 

Cochrane on the other hand was a great loan,  that worked and we turned into a permanent deal 👌 he'll eventually make us money the more he progresses 

Totally fair . What I would say though too , is that even when our own permanent players have blinding first seasons you have fans making an argument to sell them on like with Shankland 

19 minutes ago, Mister T said:

Dear God, is this what we've been reduced to on this thread?

Look what you've done to Mr T hearts.... I hope you're happy

He once pitied fools but now fools pity him 😔 

Edited by Hansel

Nookie Bear
8 hours ago, CMc said:

One of the few concrete targets that ended up in the public domain was Silvera. We were competing against a Middlesbrough team that will be targeting promotion to the EPL. 

It is a very narrow target area between the players who aren’t good enough and the players we can’t afford. 

The OF can pay over the odds for Championship grade players in the knowledge exposure the Champions League will add enough value to the better ones to cover the cost. The rest of the league are either buying cheap shite or maxing out their credit cards or both. 

Lots of folk come on here and moan about the likes of Devlin and McKay - but the level up from them should be able to earn five figures a week easily.

Finding the folk that are, but don’t know they are, that good yet will be tricky. 

Everyone is increasingly using the same data to identify players and we are stuck with the double glass ceiling of the Scottish TV deal and the OF stranglehold on our game. When the market sets the prices internationally for the known commodities, this is a massive handicap. 

Excellent post. 

Unless we offer £10k per week we are not going to get better than the likes of Devlin and McKay (both of whom I really like but you mentioned them)

We are between a rock and a hard place when it comes to transfers. 

41 minutes ago, Mister T said:

You don’t want to know my dreams! When you come out the chemists with a bag that looks like a McDonalds take away you know that normal dreams are long gone.😂

Byyy The Light
9 hours ago, CMc said:

Great post.

Worth remembering this also applies to the quality of recruitment team and scouts we can attract.

Ultimately we’re trying to attract top end English Championship talent with a league 1 budget (at best).

It’s obviously not impossible and we’ll get hits but it sure as hell isn’t easy. 

28 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Totally fair . What I would say though too , is that even when our own permanent players have blinding first seasons you have fans making an argument to sell them on like with Shankland 

Well they are idiots, he's our biggest asset 

Unless it's 5 million then you don't even entertain the thought of him moving on 

awadooningorgie2
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Excellent post. 

Unless we offer £10k per week we are not going to get better than the likes of Devlin and McKay (both of whom I really like but you mentioned them)

We are between a rock and a hard place when it comes to transfers. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Naismith is looking at players that have been identified and thought, no better than the kids we can play forget it. Hopefully a much more rigorous recruitment process and no money wasted.

In Savage's defence, I think he said last summer that things had become a lot more difficult in terms of cost of recruitment. Makes missing out on 3rd place all the more frustrating as we could really do with being able to up our budget significantly.

12 hours ago, WageThief said:

But it’s signing players. I can kinda agree re pre-contracts but even then we don’t know much. A Shankland or Beni in the bush is worth 178 turds in the hand 

You can only hope its players that are at the end of their contracts and waiting on that final payment i.e Naismith with Everton or its a major signing 

I'm staying positive......for now lol 

1 minute ago, awadooningorgie2 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Naismith is looking at players that have been identified and thought, no better than the kids we can play forget it. Hopefully a much more rigorous recruitment process and no money wasted.

In Savage's defence, I think he said last summer that things had become a lot more difficult in terms of cost of recruitment. Makes missing out on 3rd place all the more frustrating as we could really do with being able to up our budget significantly.

Aye I don’t think there’s much doubt Naismith’s target will be different to Robbie’s. 

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Aye I don’t think there’s much doubt Naismith’s target will be different to Robbie’s. 

Aye, not a dig, but if Robbie was still in charge we'd probably have a few in the door by now who are not any better than what's currently at the club. Naismith's signings will impove us....when they happen :lol:

Its just a shame we are tight as **** with money. We have so much potential but we will never "get closer to the OF" if we dont put our hand in our pockets.

Carl Fredrickson

I mind the days of Alex McDonald when there was very little change to the squad from season to season. It felt like you had "a signing" not a raft of them. 

Social media and changes in the game have made the transfer window a feeding frenzy for extremes. 

I do so hope today is the day as I am sick of having to keep myself entertained other ways

Billie Piper Sizzles in revealing Bikinis in these Jaw-Dropping Photos

Phil D. Corners
3 minutes ago, Negan said:

It’s just a shame we are tight as **** with money. We have so much potential but we will never "get closer to the OF" if we dont put our hand in our pockets.

I put my hand in my pocket each month with my pledge. As do many others.

While I would love a couple singings…. I’m in this for the long haul, not just a summer transfer window. 💪🏻💪🏻♥️

8 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I mind the days of Alex McDonald when there was very little change to the squad from season to season. It felt like you had "a signing" not a raft of them. 

Social media and changes in the game have made the transfer window a feeding frenzy for extremes. 

I do so hope today is the day as I am sick of having to keep myself entertained other ways

Billie Piper Sizzles in revealing Bikinis in these Jaw-Dropping Photos

3rd kit teaser?

Edited by Debut 4

10 hours ago, Captain Canada said:

We've got contacts at Everton, Brighton, Bournemouth, Norwich, Brentford and Preston to name a few. 

I'm surprised we've not seen a loan signing or two yet from any of those clubs. 

I think we may see that only if we dont land our targets. Its option 2. Not a bad option but my guess is buying/direct contract the preferred route and if we bring loans on top of that its a bit of a block on our own kids.

Plus really goid loan players may be unavailable until a bit later in window as parent clubs decide if theyre part of the squad for the season. We want the guys who JUST dont make it!!

Just my take

9 minutes ago, Negan said:

Its just a shame we are tight as **** with money. We have so much potential but we will never "get closer to the OF" if we dont put our hand in our pockets.

I think we all know that getting closer to OF is unrealistic.  What we should be aiming to do is make sure we are ahead of Aberdeen and Hibs.  I would think we are in a better financial position than both of them but that is not being reflected in transfer market as yet.  

10 minutes ago, Negan said:

Aye.  Everything is kind of “on the up” at Hearts just now with support

and business, yet it seems just now there’s not even a wee push of the boat out.  

No one is saying go back to the old days(that will never happen again hopefully) but there still has to be a risk somewhere with counter measures in place ahead of that.  

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Thread*** Offiah signs on loan