Francis McGarvey - ex St Midden etc

Perth to Paisley

Miller Jambo 60
Not any more - it's gorn, I tells ya!

Apparently we can say anything we like about an obnoxious fitba' playing cheat, but to do so about the woman that spread misery worldwide is both tastless and unacceptable - apparently!

Some folks have VERY short and selective memories.

I'd better not say what I think about McGarvey, which is pretty much what I said about Thatcher, but I wonder if McGarvey will get a state funeral anaw?

So...two vile monsters: Thatcher and McGarvey - but which is worse?

There's only one way to settle it: FIGHT!

Thatcher no 1 BITCH pure evil worse than any footie player.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seymour M Hersh
It's definitely true - it was on sportscene & in the sunday mail & sunday post etc. He had a floppy hat on and a scarf over his strip - he was also waving a flag.

I'm sure there will be photo's of it somewhere. :mad:

I never did like the weasel. And no need to show any photos as it's still too painful. :mad:

EEEza****.

Would love to hear, again, the story about the JKBer who slapped his puss during a game of 5s.

Guilty as charged on that one, was a number of years ago but seeing his pathetic excuse for a life story in the paper brought back the happy memories!!!!!

I wonder if it will be mentioned in his book, somehow I doubt it!!!!

:)

McGarvey deserves to be dipped head first into a giant vat of diarrhea over and over again.

Looking at his picture in the paper (not to be recommended:eek:), someones beat you to it.

In legal terms Hearts should go to the SFA.

If he was playing that day in 86 they should strip Celtic of their title, award it to us.

Glad Mr Ladbrokes & Mr Hill ruined his life.

Little Wan***

Guilty as charged on that one, was a number of years ago but seeing his pathetic excuse for a life story in the paper brought back the happy memories!!!!!

I wonder if it will be mentioned in his book, somehow I doubt it!!!!

:)

Go on, Floyd - there must be some folk on here who haven't heard it...it's worth another airing.

And this time I'm gonna save a copy of it so I don't have to pester you again:D

Please :)

I do, however, recall - with a warm glow - how a combative Craig Levein dealt with a young(ish) McGarvey in a game during season 88-89 at Love Street. After the St.Midden striker's nose blatantly assaulted our Craig's elbow fully 80 yards from the match action, I marvelled at the cruciform sprawl that the prone form of the semi-concious Franky boy managed, prior to the red card delivered in the direction of our maroon crusader by the (blatantly biased) referee. I cannot, of course, imagine a similar warm glow could ever envelope me when the grocer's daughter pegs it.

I was at that game and remember Levein getting sent off, but only two people saw McGarvey getting banjoed - a work colleague who told me about it on the Monday, and more importantly, the far side linesman, who saw Levein elbow him in the teeth.

As everyone else, me included, seemed to be watching the corner being taken and didn't see it they thought Levein got a raw deal.

I suppose the moral is, if you're going to get sent off, at least do some damage! And old Craigie boy did!!

Good on him. I wouldn't normally condone what Levein did, but I make an exception for McGarvey, who has to be one of the most loathsome individuals in Scottish football history.

Rudolf's Mate
Is that actually true or urban myth? I've never seen the telly video of it and just wondered.

I was 12 at the time and remember thinking that it was just their day. Yes there was a lot of rumours flying around but I can honestly say that hand on heart I thought there was no ounce of truth to it......

However I seen a clip about 7 years ago of a couple of the goals they scored. One of the last goals Smeltic had 2 on 2 going over the half way line. One Smeltic player was running down the wing with the other with the ball running down the centre. Both St Midden players ran to the guy on the wing, who DIDN'T even have the ball. One of them made a vain attempt to catch the player with the ball but needless to say it was too late. I swear my heart sunk when I seen it. I wanted to put my foot through the telly and this was around 15 years after the game was played.

No conspiracy about it mate. They cheated plain and simple. Yeah you can argue that St Midden didn't have to lay down but panda eyes being with them told me all I needed to know!

only two people saw McGarvey getting banjoed - a work colleague who told me about it on the Monday, and more importantly, the far side linesman, who saw Levein elbow him in the teeth.

Make that three people. I'd splashed out and was sitting in the stand (things are sooo cheap in Paisley) and saw Levein ..erm... enter into meaningful negotiations with Mr McGarvey.

Make that three people. I'd splashed out and was sitting in the stand (things are sooo cheap in Paisley) and saw Levein ..erm... enter into meaningful negotiations with Mr McGarvey.

You're part of a select band then Sarge!

I know it wasn't yesterday, but tell me, did McGarvey's face shake like a jelly as Levein did the dirty deed?! He certainly looked like he was seeing stars after!

You're part of a select band then Sarge!

I know it wasn't yesterday, but tell me, did McGarvey's face shake like a jelly as Levein did the dirty deed?! He certainly looked like he was seeing stars after!

It was quite a remarkable event. McGarvey fell like one of those dead straight pine trees (albeit not as tall, obviously) being downed in a lumberjack competition. Slowly at first.. and then gaining momentum until he hit the turf. It was a comedy tumble.. his arms were stretched out either side like a crucifix (no, really...) and he lay in that position for several seconds. I think he was out cold. The linesman took quite a long time to raise his flag, but only because he couldn't believe what he'd just seen, I reckon.

wentworth jambo

I remember going to the 98 cup final and driving through Glasgow in a mini bus to our pre-arranged pub when we stopped at traffic lights. Standing there were McGarvey and Chic Charnley decked out in the Hoops (why when it was a Hearts / Huns final ???). We had the windows open and much singing / chanpagne / beer happening. McGarvey and Charnley tried to join in saying "Ah hope yous beat the Huns ra day, 'nat!".

McGarvey asked for a swig of champagne and a mate went to hand the bottle to him. As he reached in we trapped his hand in the window and started to drive off. Went about 50 yards at 15 mph beforeletting him go.

I actually think a little bit of wee came out !

I remember going to the 98 cup final and driving through Glasgow in a mini bus to our pre-arranged pub when we stopped at traffic lights. Standing there were McGarvey and Chic Charnley decked out in the Hoops (why when it was a Hearts / Huns final ???). We had the windows open and much singing / chanpagne / beer happening. McGarvey and Charnley tried to join in saying "Ah hope yous beat the Huns ra day, 'nat!".

McGarvey asked for a swig of champagne and a mate went to hand the bottle to him. As he reached in we trapped his hand in the window and started to drive off. Went about 50 yards at 15 mph beforeletting him go.

I actually think a little bit of wee came out !

:rofl:

I wonder if that will be in the wee jakey bassas book :laugh:

Go on, Floyd - there must be some folk on here who haven't heard it...it's worth another airing.

And this time I'm gonna save a copy of it so I don't have to pester you again:D

Please :)

Seeing as you asked nicely, I will run through the events again. ;)

It was a Saturday morning 5-a-sides league played ay the Pitz (now Powerleague) in the Townhead area of Glasgow, and one of the boys that I worked with at the time ran a team that played in said league by the name of Crystal Gallus and he was short of bodies and asked if I could fill in.

I agreed given I had no plans on the Friday and turned up on the Saturday as requested bringing with me my own shorts & socks as he had advised me that we played in Brazil top's. I of course brought my Hearts shorts and socks.

I was told the team we were playing were top of the table and were pretty good as they were mostly young lads and one of them was the son of Frank McGarvey, I asked if it was the one who had lost his foot in a bus accident, bus was advised it was the other one and that on occasions it was not unknown for his father to play in their team also, when they were short of players.

The game kicked off and as suggested earlier they were short of players and the game kicked off 5 vs. 4 in our favour, with one of the lads in their team telling the ref that their other player was on his way, the game itself was pretty one sided in our favour with us making the extra man count. We were around 10 minutes in to our game when I spotted this guy loitering at the gate waiting for a break in play to come on, I didn't recognise him at first until he got waved on and then it hit me who is was, he stood there dressed like a tramp with a pair of grey knee length shorts that looked as if they had been tracky bottoms at one point and a scabby white T-shirt on that had also seen better days, and the customary Adidas Samba.

As soon as I realised it was McGarvey I decided that I was going to take the pee-pee right out of him, I am by no means a great player but the thought of winding him up was too good to miss, however he got first dig in when I chased the ball into a corner and he proceeded to boot lumps out of the back of my legs while I tried to shield the ball, eventually I played the ball out and turned to confront him.

He just laughed and said something about it being a mans game, I knew I would just have to bide my time and sure enough the ball went into a corner again this time with him chasing it, I went after him like a whippet and started booting ten bells out the back of his legs with no intent to get the ball, it was so bad that the ref pulled us over and warned me about my tackling etc and warned him about the same.

He offered his hand to me and I ignored it and walked away which seemed to make him more riled, a minute or so later we were again chasing after the ball when he and I started jostling and I went down after crashing into the boards, no foul was given and play raged on, on his way past as I picked myself up he clocked my Hearts shorts and socks and called me a Jambo B@st@rd and said remember '86 ya wee ****. At this point I lost the head and flew for him and knocked him to the ground with a head butt and started booting into him as he went down, we were eventually pulled apart on the ground after I had burst his nose and cut his lip, he had caught me a few times too but I was like a man possessed and just kept raining in blows.

Once we were seperated the referee sent both of us off, much to his dismay, he started bleating to the ref about it not being his fault and that I had targeted him because of who he is, to which the ref asked "who are you anyway??" although the highlight for me was hearing him turn to the ref and say "fine then, but am no leaving the park till he is inside incase he tries to do me again, he is a heidcase".

My mate Alan from work said that McGarvey scrambled into his car just after this and legged it out the place as soon as I went inside, I was also never asked to play 5's on a Saturday for Crystal Gallus ever again.

Seeing as you asked nicely, I will run through the events again. ;) ...

For the first time, i'm actually quite jealous of a fellow KB'er.

Well played Sir.

Fantastic Floyd :D

I hope you never have to buy a pint again in any Gorgie hostelries.

Pants Shaton

Tremendous.

I'm sure he now goes door-to-door tarmacking driveways and scavenging scrap metal. Filthy Celtic Jakeball.

Drylaw Hearts
Tremendous.

I'm sure he now goes door-to-door tarmacking driveways and scavenging scrap metal. Filthy Celtic Jakeball.

Perfect.

The People's Chimp

he is a horrible, horrible little weasel, a disgusting cretinous, villainous sick inducing ****bag. the lowest of the low so to speak.

The People's Chimp
Good work agent Floyd. ;)

Now if only you could bump into Albert Kidd. :)

yeah great work floyd, great work.

And re: kidd, was there not a KB'er who ran on a pitch in australia and aimed a kick at him?

J.T.F.Robertson

Once we were seperated the referee sent both of us off, much to his dismay, he started bleating to the ref about it not being his fault and that I had targeted him because of who he is, to which the ref asked "who are you anyway??" although the highlight for me was hearing him turn to the ref and say "fine then, but am no leaving the park till he is inside incase he tries to do me again, he is a heidcase".

:laugh: :laugh:

It was quite a remarkable event. McGarvey fell like one of those dead straight pine trees (albeit not as tall, obviously) being downed in a lumberjack competition. Slowly at first.. and then gaining momentum until he hit the turf. It was a comedy tumble.. his arms were stretched out either side like a crucifix (no, really...) and he lay in that position for several seconds. I think he was out cold. The linesman took quite a long time to raise his flag, but only because he couldn't believe what he'd just seen, I reckon.

Magnificent stuff Sarge. Now if only someone put that on YouTube...

BOTTOM LINE IS ALL HEARTS HAD TO DO WAS GET 1 POINT FROM THAT GAME AT DENS !!!!!!!!!

The League title was in our own hands regardless of the non triers at St.Mirren.

It's quite extraordinary that fact has been overlooked. Never the less,

Frank Mcgarvey is a Celtic cretin, a low life, a **** bag

this does remain true but not because we lost the the title.

Doctor FinnBarr

I see he's now saying that Davy Cooper once called him a FB during a game. To me that is the lowest of the low when the man is dead and can't answer the accusations!

:mad:

I hope he dies from aids.Dispise that little tramp and if those comments are true he should have the keek kicked out of him.Shaking with rage .

What a sad little person you are with a view like that! Oh, and you can't spell either.....

There's a thread in the Shed about Margaret Thatcher's state funeral and what some people would like to do that day.

I would suggest that everyone follows these suggestions when the aforesaid lowlife meets his maker.

Was at Dens Park '85/86'...it hurt. Immigrated the following year, 20 odd yrs later it still feckin hurts. The thought that thon little SCROATBAG could make any money gloating on cheatin is beyond all realms of BELIEF!!.....What goes around comes around FHRANKY BHOYY!!!:mad:

Pete Seeger
What a sad little person you are with a view like that! Oh, and you can't spell either.....

If he chucked it tomorrow I'd take a day off in celebration. Complete Vermin. Aids would be too good for him.

Cheers guy's, was only doing what any one of us would do in the same situation.

I doubt I will get a mention in his scabby comic style book though, although to be fair I wouldn't want to be in that anyways.

Peasant that he is.

He never does buy a pint!:) and not because of bug-eyed McGarvey.

I jest of course although he'll not be buying next day oot for other reasons.

Up for it,Floyd?

lost in leith

I got over 86 in 89 when we had a bairn and I realised that there's more to life than football. However, ..

I was a student in Glasgow at the time. A couple of my mates were St Mirren season ticket holders. On the Monday after the game they were raging about St Mirren's performance and Mcgarvey in particular, and insisted on buying me a few beers. One of them was so angry that he threw away his ST book (not that big a deal on the last day of the season :rolleyes:) and left with half an hour to go. To be fair, people who have been brave enough to watch the footage have said that Celtic played some great stuff, and it would have been irrelevant if we hadn't lost.

I had a few mates who were Celtic fans. I had a hefty bet on the league with one. The guy showed a bit of class when he said he'd swap the bet for a pint, as he could understand how much I was hurting.

I appreciate that the likes of Therapist, Makween, Picky Bum etc will now point out that no true Jambo could ever have a mate who is a Celtic fan, as they are all terrorist supporters, apologist for paedophiles and so on :sad:

shaun.lawson
I got over 86 in 89 when we had a bairn and I realised that there's more to life than football. However, ..

I was a student in Glasgow at the time. A couple of my mates were St Mirren season ticket holders. On the Monday after the game they were raging about St Mirren's performance and Mcgarvey in particular, and insisted on buying me a few beers. One of them was so angry that he threw away his ST book (not that big a deal on the last day of the season :rolleyes:) and left with half an hour to go. To be fair, people who have been brave enough to watch the footage have said that Celtic played some great stuff, and it would have been irrelevant if we hadn't lost.

I had a few mates who were Celtic fans. I had a hefty bet on the league with one. The guy showed a bit of class when he said he'd swap the bet for a pint, as he could understand how much I was hurting.

I appreciate that the likes of Therapist, Makween, Picky Bum etc will now point out that no true Jambo could ever have a mate who is a Celtic fan, as they are all terrorist supporters, apologist for paedophiles and so on :sad:

Great story. Of course, when push comes to shove, we all like to label rival fans as all kinds of things - but most of them are normal human beings, often very decent and kind too. I have one Celtic-supporting mate, and one Rangers-supporting mate, and they're both top blokes.

Dirk Diggler

I've got to be honest and say that i'm pleasant at work with Sellick, Rankgers and Hobo fans because I work with them and have to be.

In real life, every single one of my 'mates' is a Jambo.

I couldn't be friends with a Hibs fan.

I'd end up rolling about the floor with him.

:eek:

chester copperpot
I've got to be honest and say that i'm pleasant at work with Sellick, Rankgers and Hobo fans because I work with them and have to be.

In real life, every single one of my 'mates' is a Jambo.

I couldn't be friends with a Hibs fan.

I'd end up rolling about the floor with him.

:eek:

My best mate is a hibs fan. Never ever will I have to fight with him, as he'll never be in the position to argue with me over the SPL.

I have however fought a few Cellick fans over their take on Frhank McGharvey. Hope he gets ...........................ach I better not as I'll just get a suspension.

Dirk Diggler
My best mate is a hibs fan.

I'll never be in that place Andy.

There must be banter between you, when he talks hobo (Tynecastle flats, Total football) cos they all do, Do you never wan't to kick his cant in?

chester copperpot
I'll never be in that place Andy.

There must be banter between you, when he talks hobo (Tynecastle flats, Total football) cos they all do, Do you never wan't to kick his cant in?

Na he's your average hibs fan. Doesn't go to Easter Road, hates, Mixu, hate Petrie, so doesn't actually follow them much. He actually looks for the Liverpool results before the Hibs one's.

Nuff said really eh?

Archived