Francis McGarvey - ex St Midden etc

Perth to Paisley

I see in the latest edition of his serialised book in the current bun he reveals that he did fek all wrong that day in 86. Slates Hearts for looking for a scapegoat and reveals that a few days later a package with an Edinburgh post mark arrived addressed to him at St Midden. The chairman opened it as it looked suspicious and it was a TURD.

I think whoever sent it should now own up so we can properly congratulate him/her :)

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Doctor FinnBarr
I see in the latest edition of his serialised book in the current bun he reveals that he did fek all wrong that day in 86. Slates Hearts for looking for a scapegoat and reveals that a few days later a package with an Edinburgh post mark arrived addressed to him at St Midden. The chairman opened it as it looked suspicious and it was a TURD.

I think whoever sent it should now own up so we can properly congratulate him/her :)

DNA, lets get them a pint!

:confused:

I appreciate that the likes of Therapist, Makween, Picky Bum etc will now point out that no true Jambo could ever have a mate who is a Celtic fan, as they are all terrorist supporters, apologist for paedophiles and so on

Correct. :)

Virtually all of my mates are Hearts fans with another one or two who follow Rangers FC. I could never be friends with a tim for the reasons you've stated, or a hobo as they are jakeballs. :mad:

Nucky Thompson

He's been reading this website and has totally backtracked:cool: Todays bit in the Sun is not entirely about his book but what he's been reading in a Hearts website(his words):)

Stupid Sexy Flanders
He's been reading this website and has totally backtracked:cool: Todays bit in the Sun is not entirely about his book but what he's been reading in a Hearts website(his words):)

Can one read that online, I looked at the Sun's website but couldn't find anything on Scottish football at all.

Well here's one just for you Frank you horrible, smelly little jakeball;

50014~Finger-Posters.jpg

Nucky Thompson
Can one read that online, I looked at the Sun's website but couldn't find anything on Scottish football at all.
The Scottish Sun isn't online, only the English version.

Chad Sexington

What's the little scrote saying?

pennantjambo

In todays Sun w**k McGarvey tells us that after St Midden not lying down to smeltic on the last day of the season in 86, some kind Jambo sent him a Jobby in a box.

Ok, so its just over 20 years ago now but somebody somewhere went to the trouble of plopping a big number 2 in a box, then went to the bother of wrapping it, then mailing it to that lying tosser Mugabe, who was so suspicious (cant understand why cos he's innocent) when he saw the box had an EH postmark on it he got someone else to open it for him.

So who are the suspects?

A postal worker.

A guy from UPS

Motorcycle courier.

Wallace Mercer.

Ordered from HMFC merchandise catalogue.

Could we have a poll on this or could the "real Jobby Jambo please stand up"?

What's the little scrote saying?

I hope he particularly enjoyed the posts about him pegging it from aids :laugh:

Chad Sexington
I hope he particularly enjoyed the posts about him pegging it from aids :laugh:

I bet he choked on his Thunderbird. ;)

Gigolo-Aunt

Not one to wish ill on human beings, but I hope that he continues to struggle in life and lives with it to a very old age.

I think I may pop to the bookies this afternoon ad have a little bet. Just for fun, dont need to dip in to my kids piggy bank to do so.

Nucky Thompson

The Suns headline. 'I DID CHEAT WHEN WE FACED CELTS..BUT NOT THAT DAY'

He goes on to say about some of the stories of his alleged involvement being startling:rolleyes:

One Hearts website claimed I was seen celebrating Celtic's title win at the end of the game with their fans. He basically denies everything:mad:

Dirk Diggler
The Suns headline. 'I DID CHEAT WHEN WE FACED CELTS..BUT NOT THAT DAY'

What a pathetic excuse for a human being.

Am I reading this right, Apologies if i've got the wrong end of the stick.....

He's admitting he has cheated but we are meant to believe him when he says he never on the day when Celtic were needing to score a bucket load (something nobody had done to St Mirren all season, I don't think they had lost more than 2 in any game before then) to ensure they won the league.

?

Just die Frank you horrible little rat.

Adi Dassler

Just read it.

Disgusting.

We all knew it anyway but for him to come out and say he DID cheat against Celtic is pretty unbelievable. His hollow words about "but not that day" are exactly that, hollow.

Scottish Football is full of Celtic/Rangers fans, how many of them do the same today?

Anyway, if you're reading this Francis, i hope you struggle until the day you die you horrible Mhank.

Nucky Thompson
What a pathetic excuse for a human being.

Am I reading this right, Apologies if i've got the wrong end of the stick.....

He's admitting he has cheated but we are meant to believe him when he says he never on the day when Celtic were needing to score a bucket load (something nobody had done to St Mirren all season, I don't think they had lost more than 2 in any game before then) to ensure they won the league.

?

Just die Frank you horrible little rat.

I reckon after reading what has been written about him on here, he has bottled it:cool:

Famous Hearts
If you're reading this Frank...how's the Mrs...still 'working'?

She has to work. Franks spent all her hard earned "wages" down the bookies.

I don't think they had lost more than 2 in any game before then) to ensure they won the league.

Check this to find out for sure. I had a quick look through it and found the Hobos (of all people) had put 3 past them at Love St...but nowhere near a 5-goal defeat...until...:mad:

I know folk will say all Hearts had to do was get a draw to make sure blah blah...but we could still have lost the game AND won the league.

St Bribery losing so heavily ensured we had to get at least a draw.

All i can say is thank you to Floyd and Wentworth Jambo for those most excellent stories about that filthy wee rat dick!!!

He never does buy a pint!:) and not because of bug-eyed McGarvey.

I jest of course although he'll not be buying next day oot for other reasons.

Up for it,Floyd?

Just let me know where and when mate and I will start my negotiations for a permission slip early doors!!!!!

;)

Geoff Kilpatrick

I really hope the Devil has sharpened his trident for the day he heads to the big fire. He is subhuman vermin.

Hope he pegs it a sad, lonley, pathetic, toothless alcolholic.

Its what he deserves.

Get a life. He deserves to die because of something he did/didn't do in a football match? How sad.

If Hearts had actually done their job and not bottled it at Dens his actions would have been academic anyway. FACT!

Get a life. He deserves to die because of something he did/didn't do in a football match? How sad.

If Hearts had actually done their job and not bottled it at Dens his actions would have been academic anyway. FACT!

Get a life ?

What a fecking walloper you are son.

Geoff Kilpatrick

So that's alright then! :rolleyes:

janie jones

Knew a guy a while back who used to play for Partick Thistle, not the best player in the world but had plenty pace and plenty of lip.

McGarvey was training with Thistle at the time and was at the end of his career and the pair of them were sprinting against each other with the loser having to do a forfeit of the winners choosing.

McGarvey lost the race and was clearly expecting press ups, laps of the track etc but when asked what he had to do the response came "Go and brush your teeth your breath is rotten"!! Needless to say Frankie boy suffered severe humilation. Good enough for the scrote.

Seeing as you asked nicely, I will run through the events again. ;)

It was a Saturday morning 5-a-sides league played ay the Pitz (now Powerleague) in the Townhead area of Glasgow, and one of the boys that I worked with at the time ran a team that played in said league by the name of Crystal Gallus and he was short of bodies and asked if I could fill in.

I agreed given I had no plans on the Friday and turned up on the Saturday as requested bringing with me my own shorts & socks as he had advised me that we played in Brazil top's. I of course brought my Hearts shorts and socks.

I was told the team we were playing were top of the table and were pretty good as they were mostly young lads and one of them was the son of Frank McGarvey, I asked if it was the one who had lost his foot in a bus accident, bus was advised it was the other one and that on occasions it was not unknown for his father to play in their team also, when they were short of players.

The game kicked off and as suggested earlier they were short of players and the game kicked off 5 vs. 4 in our favour, with one of the lads in their team telling the ref that their other player was on his way, the game itself was pretty one sided in our favour with us making the extra man count. We were around 10 minutes in to our game when I spotted this guy loitering at the gate waiting for a break in play to come on, I didn't recognise him at first until he got waved on and then it hit me who is was, he stood there dressed like a tramp with a pair of grey knee length shorts that looked as if they had been tracky bottoms at one point and a scabby white T-shirt on that had also seen better days, and the customary Adidas Samba.

As soon as I realised it was McGarvey I decided that I was going to take the pee-pee right out of him, I am by no means a great player but the thought of winding him up was too good to miss, however he got first dig in when I chased the ball into a corner and he proceeded to boot lumps out of the back of my legs while I tried to shield the ball, eventually I played the ball out and turned to confront him.

He just laughed and said something about it being a mans game, I knew I would just have to bide my time and sure enough the ball went into a corner again this time with him chasing it, I went after him like a whippet and started booting ten bells out the back of his legs with no intent to get the ball, it was so bad that the ref pulled us over and warned me about my tackling etc and warned him about the same.

He offered his hand to me and I ignored it and walked away which seemed to make him more riled, a minute or so later we were again chasing after the ball when he and I started jostling and I went down after crashing into the boards, no foul was given and play raged on, on his way past as I picked myself up he clocked my Hearts shorts and socks and called me a Jambo B@st@rd and said remember '86 ya wee ****. At this point I lost the head and flew for him and knocked him to the ground with a head butt and started booting into him as he went down, we were eventually pulled apart on the ground after I had burst his nose and cut his lip, he had caught me a few times too but I was like a man possessed and just kept raining in blows.

Once we were seperated the referee sent both of us off, much to his dismay, he started bleating to the ref about it not being his fault and that I had targeted him because of who he is, to which the ref asked "who are you anyway??" although the highlight for me was hearing him turn to the ref and say "fine then, but am no leaving the park till he is inside incase he tries to do me again, he is a heidcase".

My mate Alan from work said that McGarvey scrambled into his car just after this and legged it out the place as soon as I went inside, I was also never asked to play 5's on a Saturday for Crystal Gallus ever again.

i take my hat off to you,well done.

Denny Crane
Check this to find out for sure. I had a quick look through it and found the Hobos (of all people) had put 3 past them at Love St...but nowhere near a 5-goal defeat...until...:mad:

I know folk will say all Hearts had to do was get a draw to make sure blah blah...but we could still have lost the game AND won the league.

St Bribery losing so heavily ensured we had to get at least a draw.

Two other interesting things. Previous Celtic/St Mirren games were close - including a draw at Parkhead. Plus St Mirren had a good enough team to go and do what only ourselves had done that season - beat Dundee United at Tannadice. For them to implode on that final day does at best, raise an eyebrow.

janie jones
Two other interesting things. Previous Celtic/St Mirren games were close - including a draw at Parkhead. Plus St Mirren had a good enough team to go and do what only ourselves had done that season - beat Dundee United at Tannadice. For them to implode on that final day does at best, raise an eyebrow.

One thing that struck me looking at those results is that the first game of the season we drew 1 - 1 with Celtic at Tynie and I recall Mcstay scoring a customary Celtic goal about 3 or 4 minutes into injury time. Much debate has focussed on the final day but how significant did that goal prove to be? We did also lose 6 - 2 to St Mirren the week after that.

There's probably many Jambo's and certainly fans of other clubs who think we should get over 86 and they are probably right but for those of us that were at Dens that day it will never be erased until the league flag is flying again over Tynie and 20 Scottish Cup wins will never erase the pain of that day for me.

King of the North

I'll be honest at the start - I am still bitter as feck about St Midden's role in 86, and I hate them more than any other club in Scotland. Except maybe the huns, but that's for another thread.

I've heard a few stories down the years. Some of them may be little more than rumours and nonsense, but if anyone can confirm or deny these little titbits I'd be grateful.

So the case for the prosecution of St Mirren goes along these lines.

1. Campbell Money refused to play in the game because he got wind of the fact that many of his team mates were planning to, er, relax.

2. Several St Mirren players (Abercrombie, Fitzpatrick and McGarvey, McDowall as well???) made tidy sums betting on Celtic to win the league. Which is why Money decided not to play. He hadn't missed a game all season.

3. McGarvey ended up in the bath celebrating with the Celtic players.

4. Brian Martin, a young St Mirren player at the time, was asked years later what his favourite match was. He named this 5 nil defeat as his greatest ever game.

5. Abercrombie was celebrating with Celtic fans after the game in the bars of Paisley.

Added to McGarvey's admissions that he did cheat when playing Celtic, but , er, not in their most important game in which he ever faced them as an opponent, my hatred for St Mirren will burn brightly until my dying day. Congratulations to the Jambo who decked him, and as others have rightly pointed out, a slow painful death is all McGarvey deserves.

One thing that struck me looking at those results is that the first game of the season we drew 1 - 1 with Celtic at Tynie and I recall Mcstay scoring a customary Celtic goal about 3 or 4 minutes into injury time. Much debate has focussed on the final day but how significant did that goal prove to be?

Equally significant was that bustard McLeish's "professional" foul on John Colquhoun in the 1-1 draw at Tynecastle in April 86. From that day I've always hoped McLeish dies a long, painful death and that his soul is tormented forever in eternal damnation. :mad: :mad:

Hope he pegs it a sad, lonley, pathetic, toothless alcolholic.

Its what he deserves.

Then can we have a 23 second silence for the Rhat LOL

I've always taken the view that a combination of HMFC bottling it on the day , allied to an unbelievable penalty decision that wasn't given our way cost us the league.

However , for the younger reader , who wonders what all the fuss is about regarding St Mirren's lack of effort (alleged) , if you want to see how bad they were that day go over to the Sellick site Kerrydale Street. There is a 24min video clip showing St Mirren in all their finery. Sellick got 5 and could have had 10 , easily. The lack of effort from the St Mirren 'midfield' is shocking. Some of them did everything but wear their Sellick colours that day. It's that obvious.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
I've always taken the view that a combination of HMFC bottling it on the day , allied to an unbelievable penalty decision that wasn't given our way cost us the league.

However , for the younger reader , who wonders what all the fuss is about regarding St Mirren's lack of effort (alleged) , if you want to see how bad they were that day go over to the Sellick site Kerrydale Street. There is a 24min video clip showing St Mirren in all their finery. Sellick got 5 and could have had 10 , easily. The lack of effort from the St Mirren 'midfield' is shocking. Some of them did everything but wear their Sellick colours that day. It's that obvious.

Any chance you could post a link to the video mate, I can't seem to find it?

Pete Seeger

I thought we usually banned hobo tramps?

Did St Mirren not beat Celtic 3-0 at Parkhead a couple of seasons later when they were struggling against relegation? Was this their 'thank you' for the events in 1986?

:confused:

He's probably referring to every time he played against them, which means he cheated every club he ever played for in Scotland:mad:

as have done and do so many ****ing scottish players this is the reason (along with transfer request) that i love us fielding foreign players rather then scotsmen

never heard a hearts supporter say anything like that in my life

Any chance you could post a link to the video mate, I can't seem to find it?

I don't have a link on the home PC but will get it tomorrow from work.

I just googled soemthing like '1986 St Mirren pics' and the Keryydale St link appeared. But if you want to wait until tomorrow....

Archived