Francis McGarvey - ex St Midden etc

Perth to Paisley

Perth to Paisley

Just heard the end of an advert for the serialisation of his book/pamphlet in the Current Bun.

The bit that caught my attention was his admission [in tomorrows edition?] that he never tried against Cel'ic.

Doubt I will buy the rag but would be interested to hear if he was referring to 03/05/86 in particular!

Admission after all these years that cheating does go on in the Scottish game! - Will Mr Smith please comment on this?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just heard the end of an advert for the serialisation of his book/pamphlet in the Current Bun.

The bit that caught my attention was his admission [in tomorrows edition?] that he never tried against Cel'ic.

Doubt I will buy the rag but would be interested to hear if he was referring to 03/05/86 in particular!

Admission after all these years that cheating does go on in the Scottish game! - Will Mr Smith please comment on htis?

mod delete

Hope he pegs it a sad, lonley, pathetic, toothless alcolholic.

Its what he deserves.

Nucky Thompson

Admission after all these years that cheating does go on in the Scottish game! - Will Mr Smith please comment on htis?

He's probably referring to every time he played against them, which means he cheated every club he ever played for in Scotland:mad:

Miller Jambo 60

Admission after all these years that cheating does go on in the Scottish game! - Will Mr Smith please comment on this?

The guy is a tube wants to come down GORGIE on a sat NIGHT

Its what he deserves.

Only if he also gets a disease which rhymes with "braids".

An utter lowlife of a "human being".

:mad:

Geoff Kilpatrick

There's a thread in the Shed about Margaret Thatcher's state funeral and what some people would like to do that day.

I would suggest that everyone follows these suggestions when the aforesaid lowlife meets his maker.

Guest gorgie kev

Its what he deserves.

I hope he dies from aids.Dispise that little tramp and if those comments are true he should have the keek kicked out of him.Shaking with rage .

That dosen't surprise me in the slightest, Hugh Burns was exactly the same, I remember when he was at Hearts, he never tried a leg, especially against Rangers!, don't think he liked John Colquhoun much either, there was rumours going around back then that he and JC came to blows in the dressing room regularly, never knew if it was true or not, but I remember Alex McDonald sorting him out then getting shot of him. (Apparently, McDonald didn't want him because he was trouble but Souness said if we didn't take him as part of the deal, we wouldn't be getting Dave McPherson)

evil little rat.

Always thought that his head looked a bit like it did not belong to him! he probably nicked it.

Johanes de Silentio
There's a thread in the Shed about Margaret Thatcher's state funeral and what some people would like to do that day.

Not any more - it's gorn, I tells ya!

Apparently we can say anything we like about an obnoxious fitba' playing cheat, but to do so about the woman that spread misery worldwide is both tastless and unacceptable - apparently!

Some folks have VERY short and selective memories.

I'd better not say what I think about McGarvey, which is pretty much what I said about Thatcher, but I wonder if McGarvey will get a state funeral anaw?

So...two vile monsters: Thatcher and McGarvey - but which is worse?

There's only one way to settle it: FIGHT!

Paisley Jambo

That mob have short memories.

Not that I have any love for Rangers, but the accusations raised against Dunfermline a few years back by Sutton were scandalous.

They clearly forgot "their history" that they claim to know so much about.

Again another example of their kind only squeeling when things go against them.

As for the Paisley lot, I can still remember their smug faces at school the following Monday - bar stewards.

Jimmy McNulty

EEEza****.

Would love to hear, again, the story about the JKBer who slapped his puss during a game of 5s.

Johanes de Silentio

Actually, I think McGarvey has a handful of Scotland caps - now that the weasle has admitted publicly that he cheated repeatedly, couldn't we start a campaign to get the SFA to strip him of his caps?

Hasn't he brought the game into disrepute?

A pox on the ******!

Al.

I cannot condone some of the comments on this thread relating to Mr McGarvey's ultimate demise, nor can I subscribe to the posts aligning the aforementioned event with the future passing of England's Greatest Post-War Leader.

I do, however, recall - with a warm glow - how a combative Craig Levein dealt with a young(ish) McGarvey in a game during season 88-89 at Love Street. After the St.Midden striker's nose blatantly assaulted our Craig's elbow fully 80 yards from the match action, I marvelled at the cruciform sprawl that the prone form of the semi-concious Franky boy managed, prior to the red card delivered in the direction of our maroon crusader by the (blatantly biased) referee. I cannot, of course, imagine a similar warm glow could ever envelope me when the grocer's daughter pegs it.

chester copperpot

No point any Hearts fan getting upset at McGarvey's comments. The way he walked round with the Cellick players that day they cheated the PL from us was evidence enough. The people who were at Dens that day (and not everyone was lets face it) but as a 12 year old, I've hated Frank McGarvey from the bottom of my heart since.

I've known this for 22 years, yet it takes him to come out and say it for everyone else to start listening. Surely now the youngsters can start believing it too.

Hope he rots in hell.

Johanes de Silentio
the future passing of England's Greatest Post-War Leader.

You're a disgrace to the brilliant XTC! Partridge would be horrified - as am I!

You're a disgrace to the brilliant XTC! Partridge would be horrified - as am I!

I suspect Andy Partridge did irony to the same level as you and I do, Uncle A. :rolleyes:

Johanes de Silentio

I mean Partridge abhorrs violence and all that (see 'Reign of Blows/Vote No Violence' from 'The Big Express' or 'Melt the Guns' from 'English Settlement' to name but two fine examples) but I'm sure that even he would make an exception in Maggie's case - probably in McGarvey's anaw!

A pox on the pair o' them!

Al.

If we do want to get a siege mentality going, lets pin that *******s words up in the dressing room - cheating little scrote.

Charlie-Brown

Anybody with eyes in their head could see that McGarvey didn't try a leg against Celtic, worse than that he missed 2 blatant sitters early in the first half that day in 1986 and just laughed as he (deliberatly?) fecked up, then celebrated the title win with all the Celtic players on the pitch after the game parading about in his St Mirren strip with a celtic hat & scarf on and waved some supporters flags - a digusting travesty. :angry:

Frhank McGahrvey is one of the most disgusting weasely and slimy individuals ever to participate in Scottish football. I hope bad luck and misfortune dog him for the rest of his days. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

132goals1958
I cannot condone some of the comments on this thread relating to Mr McGarvey's ultimate demise, nor can I subscribe to the posts aligning the aforementioned event with the future passing of England's Greatest Post-War Leader.

I do, however, recall - with a warm glow - how a combative Craig Levein dealt with a young(ish) McGarvey in a game during season 88-89 at Love Street. After the St.Midden striker's nose blatantly assaulted our Craig's elbow fully 80 yards from the match action, I marvelled at the cruciform sprawl that the prone form of the semi-concious Franky boy managed, prior to the red card delivered in the direction of our maroon crusader by the (blatantly biased) referee. I cannot, of course, imagine a similar warm glow could ever envelope me when the grocer's daughter pegs it.

I remember that incident which was near the corner flag but I thought Craig got away with it.

Hope he takes all the money from the Record's serialisation down to the bookies.

lmfao :D quality

That dosen't surprise me in the slightest, Hugh Burns was exactly the same, I remember when he was at Hearts, he never tried a leg, especially against Rangers!, don't think he liked John Colquhoun much either, there was rumours going around back then that he and JC came to blows in the dressing room regularly, never knew if it was true or not, but I remember Alex McDonald sorting him out then getting shot of him. (Apparently, McDonald didn't want him because he was trouble but Souness said if we didn't take him as part of the deal, we wouldn't be getting Dave McPherson)

Correct. I believe CL gave him a doin after remarks aimed at JC.

Nearly panned the motor when I heard this on the radio this morning. Then fell out with the wife after hurling abuse at the radio none of which I could type on here (begins with F and T tho).

A wound that never heals....

Dirk Diggler

Cretin.

I?ll leave it there as I once got a warning for saying what I really wish upon him.

Seymour M Hersh
No point any Hearts fan getting upset at McGarvey's comments. The way he walked round with the Cellick players that day they cheated the PL from us was evidence enough. The people who were at Dens that day (and not everyone was lets face it) but as a 12 year old, I've hated Frank McGarvey from the bottom of my heart since.

I've known this for 22 years, yet it takes him to come out and say it for everyone else to start listening. Surely now the youngsters can start believing it too.

Hope he rots in hell.

Is that actually true or urban myth? I've never seen the telly video of it and just wondered.

Finally, the sc*mbag is coming out & saying what everyone else has known for years.

A long, slow, painful death is too good for this bheggar.....but I really hope he goes this way.......& soon!!

Frank McGarvey is one of the most disgusting weasely and slimy individuals ever to participate in Scottish football. I hope bad luck and misfortune dog him for the rest of his days.

As do I.

I'm only disappointed that the murder squad detectives that had him in the frame for that (prostitutes?) murder never found any evidence to lock him up and throw away the key.

Paisley Jambo

On reflection his comments show where his life is just now - in the gutter.

For anyone to be the slightest bit interested in his memoirs he would have to make them sensational. I don't think the newspaper will have paid top dollar for the serialisation. The book itself will only be bought by certain people who make up the minority of the population of our country and the majority of them don't really give a toss about McGarvey anymore. He only reminds them of poor teams/crowds/stadiums.

This appears to be an attempt of a broke and desparate gambler/alcoholic to make a few meager pennies. It will backfire as who involved in football would be interested in this reptile.

What a thing to have on your epitath - cheat/drunk/gambler.

He must look back on his sad, bitter and twisted life with pride. :rolleyes:

Frhank McGahrvey is one of the most disgusting weasely and slimy individuals ever to participate in Scottish football. I hope bad luck and misfortune dog him for the rest of his days. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I Agree Totally with this :mad:...........I Also feel the same about Bazza "the Hun" Ferguson,Hope he's out a LOT Longer than the 3 or 4 months expected!! :mad:

Johanes de Silentio

Well of course we already KNEW that St Mirren didnae turn up in May '86, but what we now have is a PUBLIC ADMISSION that AT LEAST one 'player' wisnae tryin' a leg!

The consolation is that we know he suffers merely by being what and who he is - now THAT'S a fate worse than death!

Meanwhile, it's only a matter of time before his legs are broken for his gambling debts!

Must be terrible having to watch your back all the time, huh, Frank?

Charlie-Brown
Is that actually true or urban myth? I've never seen the telly video of it and just wondered.

It's definitely true - it was on sportscene & in the sunday mail & sunday post etc. He had a floppy hat on and a scarf over his strip - he was also waving a flag.

I'm sure there will be photo's of it somewhere. :mad:

I remember that incident which was near the corner flag but I thought Craig got away with it.

Morally CL should have got a medal, but sadly the records show that he got a red card instead...

I mean Partridge abhorrs violence and all that (see 'Reign of Blows/Vote No Violence' from 'The Big Express' or 'Melt the Guns' from 'English Settlement' to name but two fine examples) but I'm sure that even he would make an exception in Maggie's case - probably in McGarvey's anaw!

A pox on the pair o' them!

Al.

Indeed, and I bet AP has a dart board with images of McGarvey on one side and the Leaderene on the other... :)

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Hope he rots in hell.

I wasn't there that day Andy, being, as I was, four years old, however rest assured I have read and learned a sufficient amount about the events of that day to ensure a burning hatred of St Mhirren til my dying day!

Paisley Jambo
I wasn't there that day Andy, being, as I was, four years old, however rest assured I have read and learned a sufficient amount about the events of that day to ensure a burning hatred of St Mhirren til my dying day!

I actually hate St Mirren as much, and if I am honest ,slightly more than Hibs.:mad:

Bomber Harris

BOTTOM LINE IS ALL HEARTS HAD TO DO WAS GET 1 POINT FROM THAT GAME AT DENS !!!!!!!!!

The League title was in our own hands regardless of the non triers at St.Mirren.

Frank Mcgarvey is a Celtic cretin, a low life, a **** bag in my opinion and the admission of cheating should be dealt with.

gordiegords

Hello folks, I have been monitoring this thread for a while, Now i'm not questioning the vast knowlledge of the posters here but is this right? I work with a st midden supporter and he is adamant that it was not Frank McGarvey that was celebrating with the sellick fans, it was indeed Brian Gallagher!! Any thoughts on this?

Geoff Kilpatrick
Hello folks, I have been monitoring this thread for a while, Now i'm not questioning the vast knowlledge of the posters here but is this right? I work with a st midden supporter and he is adamant that it was not Frank McGarvey that was celebrating with the sellick fans, it was indeed Brian Gallagher!! Any thoughts on this?

I don't know who he is but I've seen pics of McGarvey on that day. That's enough for me.

Chad Sexington

McGarvey deserves to be dipped head first into a giant vat of diarrhea over and over again.

For a period of no less than 12'000 years.

The little Ertha Kitt is now reaping what he sowed.

Sympathy could never be extended to people like him or his kind.:mad:

On the back of stories like this one how on earth can people like Gordon Smith and the rest of the mafia tell us our game is free from corruption.

Daydreamers the lot of them.

I dislike him immensely.

The fact that he ****ed up his life makes me smile a wee bit.

I know, I shouldn't be so cruel.

Correct. I believe CL gave him a doin after remarks aimed at JC.

I actually know what went on between them as i was a drinking mate of two well known Hearts players at the time whom i can't and won't mention. Suffice to say, McDonald did the right thing!

Archived