***Official Hibernian v Heart of Midlothian Scottish Cup Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

I would like to thank Don Robertson for the 8 mins injury time. Without it we wouldn't have seen Tobhino getting the ball in his own box, running the length of the pitch and producing a finish any striker would be proud off. Apart from that bit Robertson is a *****. 

Edited by jackal

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• JudyJudyJudy

• ...andFulton'sBaggio

• Morgan

12 minutes ago, EH11_2NL said:

Best limbs in the world when we go to ER

Toby shushing the Hibs end needs to get made into an emoji on here :D 

3 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

10 mins to KO.

Screenshot_20230122_135033_Photo Editor.jpg

Is this one of those captchas?..... Choose the squares that include a tin-pot stadium. :)

37 minutes ago, Tayside Jambo said:

image.thumb.jpg.5014ee545ebceefade87a6d6b34e5fd9.jpg

Screenshot_20230122_160443_Twitter.thumb.jpg.fc35bb8cb488a96fcf5e266151e6d3a7.jpg.1b3ba6eea23301f62f9ea58646a72bbe.jpg

Last minute goals!

Perhaps my recollection is wrong but Fozzy's goal wasn't last minute.  I thought it was around 75 mins.

Was Foster's game the 21st out of the 22 in a row streak?  If so, Toby's shirt played homage to it!

Tynecastlesmychurch
35 minutes ago, gator said:

I am Geo blocked, I tried to listen, it must be wonderful!

If you search Hearts newsnow and go onto the main Hearts newsnow page I believe the top story is about how John Collins says hibs dominated and were once again by far the better side!

Not read it myself. Might save it for later! :clyay:

Edited by Tynecastlesmychurch

3 minutes ago, jackal said:

I would like to thank Don Robertson for the 8 mins injury time. Without it we wouldn't have seen Tobhino getting the ball in his own box, running the length of the pitch and producing a finish any striker would be proud off. Apart from that bit Robertson is a *****. 

Tobaldo Sibbbrahimovic

****ing outstanding from him! 

SectionDJambo
11 minutes ago, micole said:

I knew as soon as Don Robertson was announced we would get feck all.....the guy is an abomination of a ref.

He’s so angry about us he should be embarrassed.

No way a Rangers or Celtic player was getting the 2 yellows that Shankland got. 
Absolutely stupid 

pettigrewsstylist
14 minutes ago, Pingu said:

We got the substitutions absolutely spot on today. The right changes at the right times. Whereas they had nothing of any use on the bench whatsoever. Maybe not the greatest performance, but our squad is streets ahead of theirs and it told.

Exactly.

N Lincs Jambo

Nice wee quote from sisterfister.net

I don't think this is on Johnson.

This is a club that's rotten from the head down and has been in steady decline for 3 or 4 years.”

58 minutes ago, Bindy Badgy said:

****s sake. Better be an easyish game at home.

Watch us get Celtic away.

Well we've had Hibs, Celtic next. It's always the way.

XG etc counts for nothing the only stat that matter is goals scored. We scored 3 crackers each one better than its predecessor.  Bring on Darvel. FTH.

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

When was the last time we beat them in a space of a few weeks ? Question we sre talking bout 

Last season? League game then cup semi 

Snoddy:

"We had to win the battle," Hearts veteran Robert Snodgrass tells BBC Sportsound.

"We had to dig deep at times, it was tough to get a foothold. Hibs had a lot of possession but didn't do much with it. 

"With this group of lads, I'm enjoying it. I'm just using my experience to help them.

"Hearts are a massive club, there's no question about it. The next step is breaking into the top two. How do we get there?"

Tayside Jambo
8 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Perhaps my recollection is wrong but Fozzy's goal wasn't last minute.  I thought it was around 75 mins.

Was Foster's game the 21st out of the 22 in a row streak?  If so, Toby's shirt played homage to it!

I was too young to know it, so could be masssively wrong. Lets call it late goals against the hobos!

1 minute ago, JJ93 said:

Snoddy:

"We had to win the battle," Hearts veteran Robert Snodgrass tells BBC Sportsound.

"We had to dig deep at times, it was tough to get a foothold. Hibs had a lot of possession but didn't do much with it. 

"With this group of lads, I'm enjoying it. I'm just using my experience to help them.

"Hearts are a massive club, there's no question about it. The next step is breaking into the top two. How do we get there?"

Great statement 

What a feeling this is btw. 

Incredible to think that we were in the championship 20 months ago having just been papped out the cup by a non league side. Whilst Hibs were 3rd. We really should remember how grim a time that was. 

Because since then we’ve strolled 3rd, got to the Scottish cup final, had European group stage football and we’re on our way to doing it all over again. Also currently on a 9 game unbeaten run against Hibs having just scudded them 3-0 twice in a month. 

Thank you Heart of Mildlothian. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire

OK, game's just finished in my house (was at work and recorded it) so forgive me for still being in that euphoria moment, but YABADABADOOOO YA BYOOOTEEE. It'll be a while till that Toby Sibbick size smile is off my face.

Far from a good Hearts performance, but we just seem to be so good now that the players are happy to wait for the goals they know are coming. And the goals, wow, just wow.

48 minutes ago, briever said:

They are aw fart and nae jobbie.

Not listening to the radio but the current narrative always seems to be Hibs were sensational and Hearts were "clinging on" when in reality we can concede the ball to them knowing they absolutely do not have the ability to break us down...let them be the better team, as long as we keep beating them and beating them well

19 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Humphrys again made a difference when he came on as he does the League 1 thing of putting himself about and he scared the living daylights out of Porteous who probably was relieved and happy when Ginelly went off.  Wrong!

Like Grant though, Humphrys is still a League 1 level player.  However, now that every game needs an outfield squad of 15 players, they are good at their roles. 

Wee Lee just hasn't got a squad good enough to put 11 SPFL level players on the park. 

Both those League 1 players have come

to Hearts from eh ... Championship clubs!

20 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Humphrys again made a difference when he came on as he does the League 1 thing of putting himself about and he scared the living daylights out of Porteous who probably was relieved and happy when Ginelly went off.  Wrong!

Like Grant though, Humphrys is still a League 1 level player.  However, now that every game needs an outfield squad of 15 players, they are good at their roles. 

Wee Lee just hasn't got a squad good enough to put 11 SPFL level players on the park. 

On the pitch, whilst walking past hibs players after the game, Humphries said something to them. No idea what but I hope it was something along the lines of: Do you want tickets for the Hearts end next round? Drop me a DM lads. 

Edited by Pans Jambo

4 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Apparently…. They’ve not beaten us by 3 in over 20 years… we’ve done it to them twice in a month 😂😂😂 

Hibs taking DryJan far too literally....

57 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Beat them 3-0 twice this year and its still only January 😂

Brilliant. Can’t wait to play them again. 

FTH

21 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Nobody would have the nerve. So happy with that today. This team have a determination that was sadly lacking in our recent history. All credit to Robbie and staff for that. 

Absolutely mate. This team has mettle. Seen a number of Hearts teams who if they went a goal down you knew a draw was the best you could hope for. I would not say that about this team. They have a belief and a resolve about them when they are playing the other nine non OF teams in the Premier League. The next step is to start developing a level of belief when we go up against the OF. Obviously we will lose more than we win against those two teams but we should be looking to make ourselves awkward opponents who give them a really hard time more often than not. I think we're good enough to fill that role.

6 minutes ago, DS98 said:

What a feeling this is btw. 

Incredible to think that we were in the championship 20 months ago having just been papped out the cup by a non league side. Whilst Hibs were 3rd. We really should remember how grim a time that was. 

Because since then we’ve strolled 3rd, got to the Scottish cup final, had European group stage football and we’re on our way to doing it all over again. Also currently on a 9 game unbeaten run against Hibs having just scudded them 3-0 twice in a month. 

Thank you Heart of Mildlothian. 

Amen to that!!!

4 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Not listening to the radio but the current narrative always seems to be Hibs were sensational and Hearts were "clinging on" when in reality we can concede the ball to them knowing they absolutely do not have the ability to break us down...let them be the better team, as long as we keep beating them and beating them well

We were calm and assured at the back - when they were in posession we were comfortable.  Of course they created a few chances, but I never felt like I did before the WC break - remember back then a cross into our box was almost an automatic goal.  The defence played well, even though Hill was hesitant and Rowles barely won a header against Nisbet, in the box where it mattered all 3 were excellent.

32 minutes ago, micole said:

I knew as soon as Don Robertson was announced we would get feck all.....the guy is an abomination of a ref.

Always has it in for Hearts.

We were just too good for him today!   Must be as sick as a parrot.

If Lee Johnson is sacked he can always get a billing as a comic, with quips like Hibs have the best forward line outside the OF and todays -we are targeting third or fourth place this season.

1 minute ago, OldGorgie said:

If Lee Johnson is sacked he can always get a billing as a comic, with quips like Hibs have the best forward line outside the OF and todays -we are targeting third or fourth place this season.

lol so true 

5 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Absolutely mate. This team has mettle. Seen a number of Hearts teams who if they went a goal down you knew a draw was the best you could hope for. I would not say that about this team. They have a belief and a resolve about them when they are playing the other nine non OF teams in the Premier League. The next step is to start developing a level of belief when we go up against the OF. Obviously we will lose more than we win against those two teams but we should be looking to make ourselves awkward opponents who give them a really hard time more often than not. I think we're good enough to fill that role.

Imagine Paterson in the midfield and up front when necessary. 

Chaos!!!   

More Goals!

Just now, Shooter McGavin said:

@i8hibsh @Jambo 4 Ever

Come on lads, you’ve both been active lately but aren’t saying very much, it’s not like you two to keep quiet?

Fancy saying something nice about the team, result or the management?

Lol 😂 

Cameronstheman

Hearts made hibs look half decent at times, but when push came to shove we had so much in reserve

Like scoring with 10 men 

Hibs are a Championship team and it showed today

FTH and LJ  slavers 

2 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

@i8hibsh @Jambo 4 Ever

Come on lads, you’ve both been active lately but aren’t saying very much, it’s not like you two to keep quiet?

I was at the AGM honestly

Just my opinion

ScandinavianJambo
1 hour ago, alicante jambo said:

I agree he was brilliant. Delighted for him scoring.

Robbie challenging him to score 30. Bring it on!

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

@i8hibsh @Jambo 4 Ever

Tough times for them, Mitch and Grim.

14 minutes ago, Daktari said:

Image 22-01-2023 at 17.02.jpeg

Three goal margin of victory, two derbies in a row. Gosh, that's big, but I do think we beat them by four once or twice in the Scottish cup?

Joking aside, from London Hearts it looks like 3 goals is the biggest margin of victory in a Hearts win at Easter Road since 4-0 in 1997, and before that you have to go back to 1991 to find another 3 goal victory (4-1).

Not a bad way for Robbie to break his ER hoodoo.

LochcarronJambo
47 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Considering he’s the top striker in Europe, I’m surprised Hibs didn’t play Nisbet. 

😂

2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Tough times for them, Mitch and Grim.

Mitch and Boan.

ScandinavianJambo

Hanlon's face when he came on was classic. Defeated before even having kicked the ball 😁

Edited by ScandinavianJambo

periodictabledancer
53 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

6pm tonight. Shown on Twitter, YouTube etc

deleted

Edited by periodictabledancer