***Official Match Thread - Heart of Midlothian v St Mirren - Part Deux - Friday 13th - Redemption Day***

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Clark

Sibbick

Hill

Rowles

Smith 

Devlin 

Snodgrass

Cochrane

Mckay

Ginnelly

Shankland

Bench - Stewart, Atkinson, Kingsley, Kio, Grant, Forrest, Oda, Kuol, Humphrey’s 

Vlads fax says:

Subs to be made (when coasting at half time) - 

kingsley for rowles

grant for snodgrass 

oda for ginnelly

kuol for mckay

humphreys for shankland 

Edited by jambo mark

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Francis Albert

• Riccarton3

• Clark Griswold

2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

I struggle to put into words how much I utterly despise that club. There’s not a high enough score line to satisfy me. Every year I hope they go down but they hang about being Celtics rent boys and Hibs feeder club and now they have that wee weasel Robinson as their boss. They give me the dry boak!

So get them pumped this week Hearts!

Well said, Rudi T; well said. 👍

Midfield domination and pace out wide for this one.

Clark

Natty Sibbick Rowles Cochrane

Gino Dev Snoddy Haliday McKay

Shankland

Gino and Sibbick to be subbed for the new lads once the game is buried

Edited by Gorgi1874
Spelling

4 hours ago, PapaShango said:

I would play him over Devlin for this one. Devlin was very poor on Saturday especially retention of the ball. If we have so much possession we need players that aren't going to give it away and can play through the lines. For me Grant is one of the best at doing it. 

Might be worth starting Grant ahead of Devlin although Grant has been sent off a couple of times and against these hammer throwers he would have to be careful.  Especially as they will see him as party to Fraser being sent off and may target him.

This is the best St. Mirren team in an age, but fortunately we're also the best Hearts team in an age.

We'll get 3 I think. I predicted a clean sheet earlier but that's starting to feel foolhardy.

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Might be worth starting Grant ahead of Devlin although Grant has been sent off a couple of times and against these hammer throwers he would have to be careful.  Especially as they will see him as party to Fraser being sent off and may target him.

Was shocking the way Grant left his leg on the ground inviting him to stamp on it.

N Lincs Jambo
1 hour ago, sirwalter said:

Pleasure - "Likely Lads" scenario for you on Friday evening then?

It might well be I reckon! Will need to keep sober though otherwise I'll fall asleep in front of the telly 😂

Ricardo Quaresma
22 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

I doubt any of the new guys will be in the starting 11

Hopefully one or two of them on bench

I think it could be 

Clark 

Sibbick Rowles Kingsley

Smith Devlin Snodgrass Cochrane

Mckay

Ginnelly Shanks

Interesting, although, would put Kingsley in middle

pettigrewsstylist
8 hours ago, Rudy T said:

I struggle to put into words how much I utterly despise that club. There’s not a high enough score line to satisfy me. Every year I hope they go down but they hang about being Celtics rent boys and Hibs feeder club and now they have that wee weasel Robinson as their boss. They give me the dry boak!

So get them pumped this week Hearts!

Horrible wee outfit. I would smile if they went bust.

Closely followed by Dundee and their cowardly fanbase.

The more I think about that opportunity Shankland missed at the weekend the more frustrated I get.

St Mirren is a horrible club and I'm sure Shankland will be cursing his misfortune.  He will be very keen to make up for it on Friday night.

pettigrewsstylist

Clark

Sibbick.  Rowles.  Kingsley

Smith.  Devlin.  Snod. Cochrane

Gino.     Shankland.       Mackay

Hill - late game time if match is won

Oda run out in 2nd half

Humphreys - run out 2nd half

Grant, run out 2nd half.

19 hours ago, Rudolf said:

Was shocking the way Grant left his leg on the ground inviting him to stamp on it.

Very funny. Grant has been sent off twice in his short stint with us so far.

Had Fraser not stamped on Grant then I am fairly sure that he could well have been booked for his challenge on the St Mirren player.

My point being that the St Mirren players could well target him as they would see him as their scapegoat.

There is absolutely no excuse for what Fraser did and he got what he deserved.

My concern is for Hearts to keep all eleven players on the pitch to try and get the three points we need to extend our gap in third place.

We all know how St Mirren play with people like Gogic in their team and they will niggle and hassle for the duration of the game hoping to get a reaction from our players.

42 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Had Fraser not stamped on Grant then I am fairly sure that he could well have been booked for his challenge on the St Mirren player.

My point being that the St Mirren players could well target him as they would see him as their scapegoat.

My concern is for Hearts to keep all eleven players on the pitch to try and get the three points we need to extend our gap in third place.

We all know how St Mirren play with people like Gogic in their team and they will niggle and hassle for the duration of the game hoping to get a reaction from our players.

Yeah, I actually agree with you.

I was joking.

The Treasurer
43 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

His red cards have been for a stupid dive (I doubt he'd do that again) and a strong challenge that, at best was yellow, never a red.

They may well target him but I think he is experienced enough not to get dragged down to their level

My half sister

Clark

Sibbick

Hill

Rowles

Forrest

Grant

Snodgrass

Cochrane

Shankland

Humphrey

Ginnelly

Subs: Stewart, Smith, Kingsley (if fit), Devlin, McKay, Oda, Kuol, Kio and Halliday. 

Keith Downie ( jambo sky reporter) is on SATF podcast. Seen quite a bit of Hill and rates him. Could see him start this week.

Also bigging up the respect for Hearts coaching staff, using the example of all the bigger teams who were after Kouhl.

Edited by Gorgierools

3 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

His red cards have been for a stupid dive (I doubt he'd do that again) and a strong challenge that, at best was yellow, never a red.

They may well target him but I think he is experienced enough not to get dragged down to their level

I agree that his cards were probably the wrong call but he does seem to be a little rash and my fear is that with some niggling etc from them he may take the bait.

We could argue that Devlin is a similar type as well and a risk but we probably need to be playing both of them at some point during the game tomorrow.

They just need tp be careful.

The Treasurer
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

I agree that his cards were probably the wrong call but he does seem to be a little rash and my fear is that with some niggling etc from them he may take the bait.

We could argue that Devlin is a similar type as well and a risk but we probably need to be playing both of them at some point during the game tomorrow.

They just need tp be careful.

Just as well that we have such strong referees in this country that will clamp down on any attempt to kick our players off the park !!

Ex member of the SaS

Watch out for balls over the top and rough tackles and we should win this. Really need to get fired up and stuck in from KO. The one club I would happily watch go bust.

Ricardo Quaresma

We get 1st goal and we're away; we'll hit them on the break with more

If they score, before us, we'll just have to do it the other way, like we could have and should have last time

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Just as well that we have such strong referees in this country that will clamp down on any attempt to kick our players off the park !!

A measure of how bad it has gotten is that I have caught myself hoping we get Collum for a match because at the very least he's not shy about flashing cards to keep control of the game. Imagine!

23 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

A measure of how bad it has gotten is that I have caught myself hoping we get Collum for a match because at the very least he's not shy about flashing cards to keep control of the game. Imagine!

Who have we got in the middle then?

7 hours ago, Gorgierools said:

Keith Downie ( jambo sky reporter) is on SATF podcast. Seen quite a bit of Hill and rates him. Could see him start this week.

Also bigging up the respect for Hearts coaching staff, using the example of all the bigger teams who were after Kouhl.

He also said Aberdeen were in for Hill which was pleasing

Hopefully Neilson learnt what he needed last match and makes the right tactical choices from the off. Need to stop them from swarming Snodgrass, need to use possession far better and get it into their half of the pitch. Need to pressure them in their own half and Shankland/Gino/Humphrey’s need to put the laces through it instead when given the opportunity. 

Hopefully the weather is kind for the jambos tomorrow as I can’t make it due to work sadly. 

4 hours ago, EIEIO said:

David Munro according to FotMob app. Never heard of him.

They'll be coming to kick us off the park. Hope he's up to it. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Interesting night tomorrow. Kuol likeliest to start, bench I think for him and Hill, Oda might just take a backseat but with 9 subs, even if there's no intention to play him, integration to the matchday squad could be worthwhile 

56 minutes ago, poultry said:

Shanks hatrick, W Hill 14/1

I could eat my words but this doesn't seem like Law'nShanks' kind of game. They're going to absolutely pollute the middle and suffocate anything coming through. See more likely that Humphrys or Gino or Kuol or Odo break out the back and get them.

At least until we score 2 and they have to come out, I guess.

Absolutely buzzing for tomorrow going to be a great atmosphere looking forward to seeing the team sheet more than I’ve done for a long time HHGH.

My half sister
45 minutes ago, One five said:

Absolutely buzzing for tomorrow going to be a great atmosphere looking forward to seeing the team sheet more than I’ve done for a long time HHGH.

This, I bet no one can predict the starting lineup, and that includes the alleged wife beater

I wonder if Neilson has indicated to Eddie Howe that Kuol will play some part in the game and if so, whether he will travel up to watch him.  Newcastle don't play till Sunday.

I would if it was me.

11 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I wonder if Neilson has indicated to Eddie Howe that Kuol will play some part in the game and if so, whether he will travel up to watch him.  Newcastle don't play till Sunday.

I would if it was me.

NUFC has a loans manager for that kind of stuff. Shola Ameobi I believe 

11 hours ago, Gorgierools said:

Excuse me?

Bigger clubs?

No one is bigger than the Hearts, thank you very much :yas: 

i wish jj was my dad
8 hours ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Nothing less than 3-0 is acceptable.

Why? They are top 6 and hard to break down. I'll be happy with a win. Why would that not be good enough?