***Official Match Thread - Heart of Midlothian v St Mirren - Part Deux - Friday 13th - Redemption Day***

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Aye, highly unusual, suspect as a result it will come with a bit of afters, hoping we have some fresh legs on the bench if required, simply a run out for them, once the starters have put this to bed sooner. Draw not the worst on Saturday, our next 3 games can somewhat simplify the season for us with a nice run of wins

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Francis Albert

• Riccarton3

• indianajones

I think they could be missing three of their best players in Baccus , Fraser and Erhahon . We are the home team , and we could have Halliday and Kingsley back , plus potentially a couple of new signings . I feel pretty positive about this one 

Looking forward to this one under the lights on Friday. Chance we might even see a new signing or two either as a cameo or pitchside.

Still won't be an easy game though and I wouldn't change too much about the team from the last couple of games. I do think Grant and Humphys are knocking at the door though and wouldn't be against one or two of them starting.

Dick Dastardly

I'm sticking with my prediction for Saturdays game. 9 nil Hearts Rowles 3 Shankland 6 (six). 

I'd probably drop Devlin for Kio and Mackay for Grant. Both look like they could do with a little spell on the sidelines. 

If Kingsley is available 

Clark 

Sibbick Rowles Kingsley 

Smith                               Cochrane 

Kio Snodgrass 

Grant 

Shankland Ginnelly 

If Kingsley is unavailable 

Clark

Smith Sibbick Rowles Cochrane 

Kio Snodgrass Grant

Forrest Shankland Ginnelly 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Dick Dastardly said:

I'm sticking with my prediction for Saturdays game. 9 nil Hearts Rowles 3 Shankland 6 (six). 

I'd probably drop Devlin for Kio and Mackay for Grant. Both look like they could do with a little spell on the sidelines. 

If Kingsley is available 

Clark 

Sibbick Rowles Kingsley 

Smith                               Cochrane 

Kio Snodgrass 

Grant 

Shankland Ginnelly 

If Kingsley is unavailable 

Clark

Smith Sibbick Rowles Cochrane 

Kio Snodgrass Grant

Forrest Shankland Ginnelly 

Devlin possibly knocked out of his stride by the lead up to and experience of World Cup. Dont see him coming out, but dont necessarily disagree with you. McKay is still doing ok for me, just not at last years incredible levels, perhaps a victim of his own success, loathe to drop him, depends on how our fresh imports fair in the very short term, can they acclimatise quickly or will they need a few weeks. Even Simms last year, needed 4 weeks before we really saw what he was about

Markymark1874

Should be a great atmosphere - like the last Friday night game v them in the cup.

Hopefully a couple of early Hearts goals to get the place bouncing.

Would be effing superb if we were comfy enough to bring on our newest Aussie for a run out.

FTSM

38 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I think they could be missing three of their best players in Baccus , Fraser and Erhahon . We are the home team , and we could have Halliday and Kingsley back , plus potentially a couple of new signings . I feel pretty positive about this one 

Not sure about Bacchus but Fraser Erahahon and Dunne should all be suspended for this one barring them appealing Fraser

1 minute ago, BelgeJambo said:

Not sure about Bacchus but Fraser Erahahon and Dunne should all be suspended for this one barring them appealing Fraser

If they appeal Fraser , I would expect a rapid hearing and a game added on 

Dick Dastardly
12 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Devlin possibly knocked out of his stride by the lead up to and experience of World Cup. Dont see him coming out, but dont necessarily disagree with you. McKay is still doing ok for me, just not at last years incredible levels, perhaps a victim of his own success, loathe to drop him, depends on how our fresh imports fair in the very short term, can they acclimatise quickly or will they need a few weeks. Even Simms last year, needed 4 weeks before we really saw what he was about

Yeah, i agree regarding Devlin but i think that's why he needs a short spell on the sidelines. Mackay, i also agree, has been pretty poor by the standards he has set for himself. Nothing seems to be going right for him with his through balls and clever passes. Still one of our best players, overall, but could maybe do with a short spell on the bench, same as Devlin. 

I totally agree about the new guys as well, who knows how long they will take to settle. I'm not expecting too much from them early on, but I'm normally wrong 

I said 3-0 for Saturday and look where I got with that!

So...

I'm doubling down, 3-0 Hearts this week!

Mon the JT's.

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

If they appeal Fraser , I would expect a rapid hearing and a game added on 

Should be a 10 game ban. Absolutely disgraceful conduct.

Our home form is very good and their away form is pretty poor:

They have W1, D2 and lost 5 of their away matches including a 4-1 defeat at Pittodrie, a 3-0 defeat at ER and a 3-0 defeat at Mcdiamird Park.

Plus, I think they will be without a few players. 

Tynecastle under the lights. Some players back. Some new signings..

Lets av it 😎🇱🇻

59 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Errahon and Fraser definitely out. Don’t know about Baccus 🤷‍♂️ 

Yeah, hopefully Kingsley and Halliday are back along with some fresh faces.

Just now, MattyK82 said:

Yip , all looking quite positive 

Bazzas right boot

Get an early goal and get them pumped.

If not a scrappy win by 1 goal will do.

6-3, 2 reds for them, 1 for us, var penalty,  Neilson headbutting Robinson. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Hope Bacchus is out, he ain't no fool.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Markymark1874

I know a lot is often made of a particular run of games being “crucial” to our season but if we can get 3 wins in our next 3 games it would be season defining. 

Imagine going 9 clear of Aberdeen having just knocked Hibs out the cup ? That would be simply outstanding.

Lets start with a thrashing of the Paisley barstewards on Friday night.

Markymark1874
47 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

On the face of it you’re not howling mad to make that observation. The boy would walk into anyone’s A Team.

AC Mallin_51

They’re a solid team at home, poor away. Expecting nothing but a hearts win but I’ll be happy with any win. In terms of 3rd it’s always about 3 points at home especially to sides outside the OF

Edited by AC Mallin_51

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Not sure why he would be. Was subbed in Saturday because he had been booked and not because of injury.  I’m sure he will be looking forward to playing against his four Aussie mates. 

The Apprentice

Don't think I've ever heard a manager talk themselves up as much as Stephen Robinson does, and that's going back to his Motherwell days.  Constantly talking about budgets and how he does a brilliant job on a shoe-string when in reality he's got one of the biggest in St Mirren's history by all accounts.  Something totally dislikeable about that guy and hopefully he gets put firmly back in his box on Friday.

4-0. 

3 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

Dunne suspended? 

Strain went off injured as well I believe. 

Wonder if we'll set up like we did in the 2nd or will stick to the wingbacks.

Can't imagine any of the new boys getting a start but potentially Humphrys might be in line, he's done well in the short time he's had since coming back from injury.

Have to beat them, don't think it'll be easy but going for a 2-0, Shanks and Humphrys.

Can’t remember the last time if any I was at Tynecastle for a game on a Friday night

got the hospitality…..

Absolutely buzzing 👍🍺3-0

ZC 

TS KR SK 

NA                 AC

RS JG 

JGorSH           BM 

LS        

ZC 

TS     KR   SK    AC 

JG     RS   JG     BM 

LS        SH

Edited by ri Alban

Lord Beni of Gorgie
55 minutes ago, One five said:

Can’t remember the last time if any I was at Tynecastle for a game on a Friday night

got the hospitality…..

Absolutely buzzing 👍🍺3-0

Friday a cracking day for hospitality I reckon, could be a fun night

The Old Tolbooth

The Liedoon are a tough side to beat just now, I'm going for 6-1 Hearts 

Edited by The Old Tolbooth

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Why Friday evening?

Rearranged match, I reckon we have been quite cute and tried to space the games out quite well. Aberdeen on Weds gives us an extra 48 hours on them for recovery and prep

No prizes for guessing how St Mirren will go about this one. They’ll target Snodgrass again so it’s crucial the rest of the midfield step up - Devlin cannot be that poor on the ball for the 3rd game in a row, and I would perhaps consider bringing Grant in.

Regardless, it must be 4-2-3-1

I just want to see a consistent performance for once. Appreciate we aren’t good enough to play them off the park for the full 90 but we can be doing so much better 

Edited by liam11

Sub4TiddlerMurray

Can't see any new players starting this one. Fully expect Robbie to keep newbies on the bench till 60 mins.

On Saturday we only started to play when we switched to 442. Possible that we will start that way on Friday. But, with Kingsley back (hopefully), we might go with 433.

Clark

Smith    Sibbick    Rowles     Kingsley

Cammy    Snodgrass    Cochrane

Ginelly     Shankland   McKay

Would actually love to see Kingsley playing further forward however, as per:

Clark

Smith    Sibbick    Rowles     Cochrane 

Cammy    Snodgrass    Kingsley

Ginelly     Shankland   McKay

The bench would be very strong if the newbies are all here:

Humphrys, Koul, Hill, Oda, Atkinson, Halliday, Kio and Stewart

11 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Rearranged match, I reckon we have been quite cute and tried to space the games out quite well. Aberdeen on Weds gives us an extra 48 hours on them for recovery and prep

Agreed. All Aberdeens focus will be on the Semi Final on Sunday and hopefully some sort of hangover, and only a 3 day gap. You seen how much it affected us in the European Campaign.

6 points from the next 2 and 3rd place will be ours to lose. Throw in a Derby cup win and a win away to Livi, and we can dust off our passports (although not much dust on them at the moment). 

indianajones
30 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

ZC 

TS KR SK 

NA                 AC

RS JG 

JGorSH           BM 

LS        

ZC 

TS     KR   SK    AC 

JG     RS   JG     BM 

LS        SH

Are you the Zodiac Killer?

12 minutes ago, liam11 said:

No prizes for guessing how St Mirren will go about this one. They’ll target Snodgrass again so it’s crucial the rest of the midfield step up - Devlin cannot be that poor on the ball for the 3rd game in a row, and I would perhaps consider bringing Grant in.

Regardless, it must be 4-2-3-1

I just want to see a consistent performance for once. Appreciate we aren’t good enough to play them off the park for the full 90 but we can be doing so much better 

The rest of the midfield shouldn't just be Devlin. 

Win the battle in there and there should be consistent service for the wide player (s)

6-0 Hearts Shanks hat-trick. 

Absolutely hate ST LIEDOWN, horrible club, need to put them in their place, 6 goals wouldnae be enough tbh

6 hours ago, karipidis said:

Dunne suspended? 

Strain went off injured as well I believe. 

Robinson mentioned Dunne was out during his post match interview