Biggest Hearts Flop?

Alan_R

Miller Jambo 60
Some people have got the word 'flop' all wrong in my book-

A flop isn't someone who is just crap. A flop is someone who much was expected of due to reputation and/or cost a fortune and/or was on silly wages.

So naming players like Miko, Zico, Hans Eskillson is wrong in this thread imo.

For flops I have to agree with many on here- look no further than a)our record signing Beslija b)Pinilla- 12k a week, 1/2 owned by Inter Milan, and played about 10games in 2 years

I'd also say Jankauskas flopped in his 2nd season. In the games he played in his 1st season he has to go down as 1 of the best players i've ever seen in a Hearts strip. I expected more of the same from a player who was capable of ****ing all over the SPL. But that 2nd season- reputation was there as he was a Champs League/UEFA Cup winner, was paid a fortune, and was permanently injured and if he wasnt he looked completely and utterly disinterested. I remember all the rumours that he'd skipped training to go and watch a Chelsea match without asking permission too- wouldn't surprise me.

Petric should be pretty near the top too. I'll never forget that waste of space for his miss against Stuttgart

Kenny Garland remember a :mad: bad loss

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Miller Jambo 60
[/color]

What 2 , they have had that many:- Budgie, Leighton, Goram, Zibby, Big simple Simon Brown, McNeill & MA-KALAMITY. :) :)

Ally perm Brazil now he was ace for the hubs;)

Stefan Paille.

He was on a big wage for us at the time, was a junky, before he hoined us, and then after. He too was never fit, if I remember correctly, the day he got picked for a random drugs test, he only lasted a few minutes in the match and that was despite being caught having taken a performane enhancing drug. Mkles you think how poor he would have been without them.

Though Paille put in some class performances for Hearts. I remember him and Cameron had a good understanding.

Beslija and Pinilla cost a packet and spent all fo their time on the table or in the funny farm.

Bennyuseless was just gash. Same with Klimek.

Honours also go to Kurskis, the worst Hearts goalie I have ever seen.

Guest Maroon Carpet

How about Hans Eskilson or Husref Musemic, the latter with his only goal against the Hobo's.

Beniouses (how ever u spell) he was pish..

Another few ,Durie,petric,mcswagen,Hans Eskilson,Nerijus Barasa,Gary Wales.

Does anyone remember Jean-Louis Valois?

He was pish aswell, scored a couple good goal...

Ohh nearly forgot jeremy goss.. Man he was pishh..

Gigolo-Aunt

Derek Ferguson is one of the best players I have seen in a Hearts jersey. A real joy to watch how he could control a game and keep hold of the ball (perish the thought!)

He also done it more often than not for the JT's.

Flops?....Let's see, could be here for quite a while!! Ok, here goes.....Andy Watson, Colin McAdam, Billy McKay, Malolm Murray, Stuart Gauld, Mark Gavin, Adrian Boothroyd, David Hagen, Stewart McLaren,Gregor Stevens, Paul Cherry, Jim Cowell,Davie Kirkwood,Husref Musemic, Derek Ferguson, Graham Hogg, Steve Penney, Peter Van de Ven,Ally Mauchlen, Nicky Walker, Jim Weir, Justin Fashanu, Craig Nelson, Brian Hamilton, Fraser Wishart, Hans Eskilsson, David Winnie, Paul Smith, Jeremy Goss, Darren Beckford, Mo Berthe, Fitzroy Simpson, Kevin Twaddle, Joe Hamill, Stephen Simmons, Dennis Wyness, Gordan Petric and, of course, all of the imposters we know about since Vlad took over. (i'm sure i've missed a few!!)

Only one out of that lot I'd argue about is Jim Weir... took him a while to get going but I thought he showed he had a wee bit more potential than most.

Leigh Jenkinson has got to be in there, but I'm shocked nobody has mentioned Gary Wales, or Gary McSwegan!

Plus two billy big-shots who never cut the mustard in maroon - Peter Marinello and Alfie Conn (Jnr).

siegementality
Derek Ferguson is one of the best players I have seen in a Hearts jersey. A real joy to watch how he could control a game and keep hold of the ball (perish the thought!)

He also done it more often than not for the JT's.

I agree entirely. How Derek Fergusons name has ended up on this thread is beyond me.

shaun.lawson

Besilija. He's our very own Paul Bernard if you ask me - and has to top such a list. Petric* and Pinilla would be next in line for me.

* crap, certainly - but hardly Mo Berthe crap! He's a flop because of the crazy amount of wages we paid - but I wouldn't say he was anything worse than crap for us. And if only he'd scored that chance against Stuttgart... :sad:

tartofmidlothian

These 3 all did okay, I reckon.

tartofmidlothian
Petric

Goss

Le Clerq

Haha! Forgot he even existed! There's memorably pash, and there's just forgettable.

Jean Louis Valois.

Set up most of De Vries' 4 goals against Hibs. Wonderful left foot. 2 of the best Hearts free kicks I've ever seen, in consecutive games.

Maybe a one season wonder. But not a flop.

Cannot believe that people could consider Derek Ferguson to be a flop. Would be in my top half dozen Hearts midfielders of the past 25 years.

Archived